Author Topic: Everything about KODI  (Read 56667 times)

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Everything about KODI
« Reply #90 on: Oct 13, 2016 at 02:41 PM »
Sir, wala ba kayong na experience na buffering problem while watching/streaming movies? This is my problem at the moment and I'm still trying to find a solution.
di ko po na try ang streaming mabagal po kase ang net ko kaya as media player lang

Sent from my ASUS_Z002 using Tapatalk

SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 796
« Reply #91 on: Oct 13, 2016 at 08:27 PM »
Sir, wala ba kayong na experience na buffering problem while watching/streaming movies? This is my problem at the moment and I'm still trying to find a solution.

With my 50 mbps Fibr connection I have not experienced any buffering.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline stickfighter

• Trade Count: (+109)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • IF IT'S LOUD...YOU'RE TOO OLD!!! IT MUST BE SVS!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #92 on: Oct 13, 2016 at 10:32 PM »

What is the speed of your internet connection?

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Oct 13, 2016 at 11:56 PM »
With my 50 mbps Fibr connection I have not experienced any buffering.

Good for you...i think with that speed, there is no buffering no matter what kind of android player you use. But that's not the issue at hand.

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Oct 14, 2016 at 07:47 AM »
What is the speed of your internet connection?

He mentioned it was 10 mbps, which I think is not enough for flawless streaming with no buffering. That is why I mentioned my speed in the first place.

Good for you...i think with that speed, there is no buffering no matter what kind of android player you use. But that's not the issue at hand.

How do you know that connection speed is not the issue?
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2016 at 08:45 AM by Conan »
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline wengkapre

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #95 on: Oct 14, 2016 at 03:48 PM »

sir have you tried to clear the cache in Kodi? The easiest way to clear the cache in KODI is with the Maintenance Tool program add-on. You’ll first have to install it, and then you can clear the cache easily and in a matter of seconds.
you can do it by following these steps:
- Select “Programs.” 

- Select “Addon Installer.”

- select “Program Add-ons” in the list.

- Choose the Maintenance Tool on the next screen by scrolling to locate, select, and install it.

- A pop-up box will appear. The pop-up box asks for your confirmation to install the Maintenance Tool. Click on the “Install” button.

- A success box will show on your screen when it’s completed, and then you will select“OK.”

This completes the process of adding the Maintenance Tool program to your KODI Media Center.
Now, head back to the KODI home screen.
- Select on “Programs.”

- Select the Maintenance Tool to launch it.

- A pop-up box will appear to tell you that it’s intended for advanced users; click “Continue.” (You’re just clearing the cache. No risk, no worries.)           

Another box will pop up displaying community news updates; click “OK” to dismiss it.
- Select “General Maintenance” to proceed.

- On the next screen, select “Clear cache.”     

- Once the cache is cleared, another pop-up box will appear on the screen, letting you know that the cache has cleared and the process is completed. Click “OK.”   

You’ve now cleared the cache in KODI!
Denon3312|B&W602S2|SVS PBSB2k|10dfs|NAD502|JDLabs|HTPC

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Oct 14, 2016 at 10:25 PM »
He mentioned it was 10 mbps, which I think is not enough for flawless streaming with no buffering. That is why I mentioned my speed in the first place.

How do you know that connection speed is not the issue?

Co'z I stream online material with my 9 mbps with no buffer.

Offline ehome

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #97 on: Oct 15, 2016 at 12:20 PM »

It will also depend on where you're streaming from. Not just your ISP. Is it possible to let us know what add on are you using?

Offline mhacman

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 129
« Reply #98 on: Oct 17, 2016 at 03:23 PM »
sir have you tried to clear the cache in Kodi? The easiest way to clear the cache in KODI is with the Maintenance Tool program add-on. You’ll first have to install it, and then you can clear the cache easily and in a matter of seconds.

clearing cache for KODI may also be done on the Android platform level, right?

Go to Settings then Apps then choose Kodi among the Downloaded Apps section.  Then choose Clear Cache.  With this, you'd really know the size of cache appears as 0.00KB is displayed after clearing. 

Not sure though when you clear the Data if it will erase your tweaks/configurations and downloaded movie infos/synopsis...

this is one good way to free up your internal storage =))

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Oct 17, 2016 at 06:11 PM »
I've noticed that when streaming TV shows using KODI, the 720p and 1080p streams seem quite "soft" in picture quality. They can't compare to the quality of downloaded video files. Has anyone got the same experience?
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #100 on: Oct 17, 2016 at 10:53 PM »
pldt 100mbps fiber... bufferring ako sa voltron episodes... i think something to do with the source video rin yan... watching it via exodus..

may kalaban na si netflix ko..

also, try to download addic7ed.com subtitle addon for tv shows, siya pinakakumpleto..

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Oct 17, 2016 at 11:10 PM »
also, try to download addic7ed.com subtitle addon for tv shows, siya pinakakumpleto..

Thanks for sharing brader JT ;)

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #102 on: Oct 18, 2016 at 12:10 AM »
it has something to do with the source ... remember that these are not legal streaming sites ... some sites works well in HD quality without any buffering, and I'm just using 8Mbps DSL ... other sites where I experience buffering still does even at a higher bandwidth - I tried using my iPhone connected to Globe as a hotspot, it's getting more than 50Mbps bandwidth from my room, but no improvement
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: Oct 18, 2016 at 06:47 PM »
KODI app is interesting.  Isn't this the No. 1 Andoid movie player/streaming app, yet?

for now, I have no plans with movie/tv series streaming. so physically downloaded movies/concerts/music videos/tv series in HD/4K ang test materials ko (note: I collect for personal use only and doesn't distribute nor profit from them LOLz!).  and aside from the best PQ material, I'm also after the best audio quality available.

currently, I have a Sony Android TV and installed the latest available KODI on it.  initially, I used ES Explorer and MX Player.  Since KODI, I realized I won't be needing anything else, so I uninstalled both ES and MX apps.

so now with KODI:
- it can play every movie container without a glitch (MKV, TS, M2TS, MTS, MP4, AVI)
   -- all resolutions: 720P, 1080P, 2K, 4K - are without any issues i.e. no lags/bufferings, audio-unsync, pixelations nor judders
   -- i turned off the TV's motion interpolation "MotionFlow" (I think it's a different feature name for other brands: it's "TruMotion" on LG)

- it can play every video codec without a glitch (H264, HEVC, DIVX, XVID)

- it can play every audio codec available without a glitch (AAC, AC3, DTS) with core 6ch and even 2ch

- how about 8ch (Lossless) encoded audios?
  -- with my LG 2.1ch soundbar (which has its own Dolby Digital Plus & DTS decoder):
     -- Dolby TrueHD, yes, it can output the audio sync with the video - and KODI could detect it as Dolby TrueHD 7.1ch
        -- but I'm only using a fiber optic S/PDIF connection.  so I'm in doubt here why it displays 7.1

-- Dolby ATMOS, same as Dolby TrueHD

-- DTS-HD MA, yes, it can output the audio sync with the video - and KODI could detect it as DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1ch
        -- I'm using only a fiber optic S/PDIF connection here.  so this should be true -- it processes only the core 6ch audio

-- with my Denon ATMOS/DTS:X capable AVR:
     -- I will use a hi-speed HDMI with CEC cable (v1.4a, I think) connected via TV's and AVR's HDMI ARC ports
        -- on Dolby TrueHD
           - results to follow -

-- on Dolby ATMOS
           - to follow -

-- on DTS-HD MA
           - to follow -

so I hope KODI can. as my secondary intention is to prove (or fail) that by having only a TV unit connected with an AVR, one could avail both of the latest technologies of video (4K, HEVC, HDR) and audio (ATMOS/DTS:X).

- lastly with subtitles, it can be tweaked to:
  -- change font, size, type, color, position

also, please help me recall any other things worth a try -- but only with physical A/V materials where we could get our hands on. TIA!

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #104 on: Oct 18, 2016 at 07:39 PM »
can kodi play bd iso?

Offline rochie

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #105 on: Oct 18, 2016 at 09:43 PM »
can kodi play bd iso?
Probably yes,when it was still xmbc it can play bd iso on my raspberry pi.

Offline ehome

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #106 on: Oct 19, 2016 at 10:28 AM »
can kodi play bd iso?
It can. Just no full menu. At least by default.

Offline skrizal

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Oct 24, 2016 at 09:24 PM »
Ano ba pinakauser friendly na android media player na may kodi?

For my mom na til now WD media player pa din gamit. worried ako na hirap sya adjust kasi naka plex ako sa ps4 and hirap sya gamitin kasi controller.
Samsung 40
Xtreamer 1, PS3 Slim (160gb), Xbox 360, PS4
MSI GX 660

Offline nallasartal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #108 on: Oct 24, 2016 at 09:44 PM »
I find Kodi SPMC simpler and more friendly... try it to believe...

Offline reynold

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Now a Name... Soon a LEGEND!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: Oct 25, 2016 at 03:16 PM »
I dont know if my question is relevant to Kodi based nmt, but i hope someone can enlighten me...

I noticed 2 of our members are using a non-4K, non-UHD display, 1080p native resolution, which is the same as my PJ... one thing i noticed was the movement of the characters in the movie na parang 4K or HDR... hindi naman din 4K yung file na play nila... how can i achieve that in my setup? I was thinking baka sa setup lang...

Onkyo 636
Minix U1
Benq w1070+

Passthrough audio and video
« Last Edit: Oct 25, 2016 at 03:19 PM by reynold »
BenQ w1070+
51PSF5000
Onkyo 636
Musika
Minix U1
B&W 602 S3
Energy Spkrs
Onkyo Liverpool D200II

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Oct 25, 2016 at 03:46 PM »
KODI app is interesting.  Isn't this the No. 1 Andoid movie player/streaming app, yet?

for now, I have no plans with movie/tv series streaming. so physically downloaded movies/concerts/music videos/tv series in HD/4K ang test materials ko (note: I collect for personal use only and doesn't distribute nor profit from them LOLz!).  and aside from the best PQ material, I'm also after the best audio quality available.

-- with my Denon ATMOS/DTS:X capable AVR:
     -- I will use a hi-speed HDMI with CEC cable (v1.4a, I think) connected via TV's and AVR's HDMI ARC ports
        -- on Dolby TrueHD
           - results to follow -

-- on Dolby ATMOS
           - to follow -

-- on DTS-HD MA
           - to follow -

so I hope KODI can. as my secondary intention is to prove (or fail) that by having only a TV unit connected with an AVR, one could avail both of the latest technologies of video (4K, HEVC, HDR) and audio (ATMOS/DTS:X).

- lastly with subtitles, it can be tweaked to:
  -- change font, size, type, color, position

also, please help me recall any other things worth a try -- but only with physical A/V materials where we could get our hands on. TIA!

updates on my KODI testing on Sony Android TV.

I'm not successful so far.  I'm into getting it searched and really find a way how Sony Android + KODI can pass-thru the 8ch audio (ATMOS & DTS-HD MA) to work with my capable HT set-up.  As most Android NMT's saying it can, perhaps its the unit that can really do it.  Then come KODI as the media player -- it's most reliable and easy to use with features available for users to utilize.  it can be highly customized too!

if not for my intention of watching movies better with Lossless audios, KODI I would say is the best for movies (of all types).  for 6ch audios on this Sony + KODI combi, it has saved me from buying a new:
  -  NMT capable of 4K, HDR, x265
  -  HDMI 2.0a cable

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Oct 25, 2016 at 03:56 PM »
can kodi play bd iso?

It can. Just no full menu. At least by default.

i DL'ed 1 full BD ISO material about 44GB size.  my current KODI set-up can't play it.  hope someone can help find out, please?

after it displays the Language Menu and I select "English", it just comes back to my movie selections.

Offline DPT

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #112 on: Oct 25, 2016 at 04:00 PM »
I dont know if my question is relevant to Kodi based nmt, but i hope someone can enlighten me...

I noticed 2 of our members are using a non-4K, non-UHD display, 1080p native resolution, which is the same as my PJ... one thing i noticed was the movement of the characters in the movie na parang 4K or HDR... hindi naman din 4K yung file na play nila... how can i achieve that in my setup? I was thinking baka sa setup lang...

Onkyo 636
Minix U1
Benq w1070+

Passthrough audio and video

Baka proper frame rate matching with source, player, and display?

Pag hindi match maski isa  nag jujudder. Manonotice mo yan pag may mabilis na movement sa display. Parang nahihirapan mata mo lumabol sa nangyayari.  Parang blur ang dating sken.
« Last Edit: Oct 25, 2016 at 04:02 PM by DPT »

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
Everything about KODI
« Reply #113 on: Oct 25, 2016 at 05:01 PM »
i DL'ed 1 full BD ISO material about 44GB size.  my current KODI set-up can't play it.  hope someone can help find out, please?

after it displays the Language Menu and I select "English", it just comes back to my movie selections.

Try this version of KODi...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252356&page=15

Offline reynold

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Now a Name... Soon a LEGEND!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Oct 25, 2016 at 06:10 PM »
Baka proper frame rate matching with source, player, and display?

Pag hindi match maski isa  nag jujudder. Manonotice mo yan pag may mabilis na movement sa display. Parang nahihirapan mata mo lumabol sa nangyayari.  Parang blur ang dating sken.

Based sa napansin ko sa video playback nila, hindi sya lumalabo, hindi ako sure kung judder kasi para talagang nanood ka ng hdr o uhd ata yun.. hehe..

What should i check ba with my setup? 😉
BenQ w1070+
51PSF5000
Onkyo 636
Musika
Minix U1
B&W 602 S3
Energy Spkrs
Onkyo Liverpool D200II

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Oct 25, 2016 at 06:48 PM »
I find Kodi SPMC simpler and more friendly... try it to believe...

It's not simple for playing the files that I have in my hard drive. Up to now I haven't figured out how to do this.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline DPT

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Oct 25, 2016 at 07:22 PM »
It's not simple for playing the files that I have in my hard drive. Up to now I haven't figured out how to do this.

if it is android and you are using a Hard drive. It is usually mounted in a directory.

For sd card if I am not mistaken. It is /storage/sd1 or sd2 depends on how many sd card.

If it is a hard drive, I believe it is mounted as /storage/usb1 or whatever the logical name your android system gave it.

Everything is relative to root directory.  If you see root under spmc while adding media. You just go up through the file system

Offline DPT

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: Oct 25, 2016 at 07:25 PM »
Based sa napansin ko sa video playback nila, hindi sya lumalabo, hindi ako sure kung judder kasi para talagang nanood ka ng hdr o uhd ata yun.. hehe..

What should i check ba with my setup? 😉

Hindi naman lumalabo. Parang blur lang ba. Parang hindi mo minsan ma zero in ano nangyayari especially pa tumbling tumbling ang mga artista hehehe.

Have you checked if you color chroma settings of your NMT and display matches?

rgb or ycbcr444 settings match ba.?

Wag na rgb kung naka rgb. YCbCr 444 na para mas ma differentiate mo kulay na pinapanood mo.
« Last Edit: Oct 25, 2016 at 07:30 PM by DPT »

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: Oct 25, 2016 at 08:05 PM »
if it is android and you are using a Hard drive. It is usually mounted in a directory.

For sd card if I am not mistaken. It is /storage/sd1 or sd2 depends on how many sd card.

If it is a hard drive, I believe it is mounted as /storage/usb1 or whatever the logical name your android system gave it.

Everything is relative to root directory.  If you see root under spmc while adding media. You just go up through the file system

I've tried importing a movie file and it was so difficult to navigate to where the hard drive is supposed to be. So now I don't know where the imported file is.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline DPT

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Oct 25, 2016 at 08:10 PM »
I've tried importing a movie file and it was so difficult to navigate to where the hard drive is supposed to be. So now I don't know where the imported file is.

Whenever you disconnect a Hard drive and reconnect it android assign a new logical name for it.

In short, When you added something before in Kodi it wont be able to find it anymore after you disconnect it and reconnect it again since android gave it a new Logical name  after you reconnected. Kodi still uses the old logical name to find your hard drive.

How android works is if a device like a sdcard or hd is connected. It mount it on a directory. To access the sdcard or HD. You simple browse the directory where android mounted it.
« Last Edit: Oct 25, 2016 at 08:14 PM by DPT »