Author Topic: Need help choosing Media Player  (Read 12478 times)

Offline shoktongxxx

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 80
Re: Need help choosing Media Player
« Reply #30 on: Dec 18, 2016 at 11:40 PM »
I have 2 android based media players but I prefer the simplicity and easement of traditional media players.
+1.. ;D

Offline shoktongxxx

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 80
« Reply #31 on: Dec 18, 2016 at 11:41 PM »
kahit hindi pa ko nagkakaroon nyan sir sa unang tingin ko palang ng specs at reviews sa zidoo ako sir.
android base, opkors! :)

Offline ehome

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #32 on: Dec 19, 2016 at 05:40 PM »
I recommend Wetek Hub.  it's cheaper and has a very small form factor.  but performs really well.

audition, audition, audition until you knew which NMT is for your needs..

thank you :)

Offline ehome

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Dec 19, 2016 at 05:40 PM »
Hi All, I bought the Wetek Hub, really enjoying it so far!  ;D  O0

Glad you're enjoying it :D

Offline nallasartal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #34 on: Dec 19, 2016 at 08:38 PM »
How much does a Wetek hub cost? Does it have a periodic upgrade?

Offline bongchillog

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #35 on: Dec 20, 2016 at 10:48 AM »
kahit hindi pa ko nagkakaroon nyan sir sa unang tingin ko palang ng specs at reviews sa zidoo ako sir.

Mismo :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ehome

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Dec 20, 2016 at 04:08 PM »
How much does a Wetek hub cost? Does it have a periodic upgrade?

Hi nallasartal! They do give updates. I'm just not sure on what you expect with periodic. But, here's something to show you their track record - the last stable update was released last July 25, 2016 (v.1.0.2). A development / beta build was released last Nov 8, 2016 for the major update to Android 6.0.1 to show the everyone what they're working on. But they haven't released the official Android 6 build yet and they have not posted any ETA. You can track their progress here http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/categories/hub-wetek-builds-roms-updates.

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
Need help choosing Media Player
« Reply #37 on: Dec 21, 2016 at 08:51 AM »
Media players will play your videos fine. Regardless of OS, magkakatalo Lang yan sa codec

I have 8 year old media players sa apartments and all my renting families love them.

If you are divx media files yung USB ng tv ok na
If you want to maximize 4K grab the newer ones na android based if you fancy the interface

If you want android and the latest , hanap ka ng android based na firmware kit Kat lollipop at me mas bago pang releases ng os (himedia q5 and q10 android 7 out, himedia q3 is KitKat and is a workhorse sa playback 24:7 sa demo room of my archi friend. )

Specs are as good as the software that runs it. Find a vendor who can cover your minimum needs of colorful playback, beyond it it's all nice to have but a waste if its not important to your core purpose of buying :)

Ask for service units and repair policy, you might end up with a konk out player na di maparepair ng seller mo. That's where relationships to manufacturer matter.

Shop around,  get a feel, make the deal.
« Last Edit: Dec 21, 2016 at 09:03 AM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline mhacman

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 129
« Reply #38 on: Dec 21, 2016 at 01:05 PM »
1. above post on service/warranty support is truely important
2. audition, audition, audition until you knew which NMT is for your needs..
3. make a practical purchase... don't spend on features you wouldn't need

aside from these, test your TV's if it could play/pass-thru audio (for AVR users, which mostly here are) of your movies.  if you're fine with them, save yourselves some moolahs...

thanks!

Offline Audio Excellence

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Definitive Technology
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #39 on: Dec 21, 2016 at 05:21 PM »

Hi, if you are looking for a good media player, consider the following:

HIMEDIA

- H8 plus  - Mid model Android 5.1; 2 gig RAM and 16 GIG memory, powerful media player. SRP is P7,990.
- Q5 pro - Top of the line Android 5.1. Best image and sound quality.; 2 gig RAM and 8 GIG memory. Most powerful processor media player. SRP is P11,500.
- Q10 Pro - Ultimate Media player. Best image and sound quality. Can connect internal hard drive. 2 gig RAM  and 16 GIG memory. Most powerful processor media player. SRP is P13,500

GENERIC BRAND (but still good quality)

- TX3 pro - 1 gig RAM/ 8 gig memory; basic media player; Android 6.0; SRP is P2,990.
- TX5 - 2 gig RAM/ 8 gig memory - mid model media player; Android 6.0; SRP is P4,490.

All models come with 1 year warranty. All models have pre-configured software to allow customer to watch unlimited TV shows and movies in high definition.

Come over to our showroom and test/ audition the units.  Our salesmen will be more then happy to explain the different models and features.

Audio Excellence
427 F. Martinez Ave., Mandaluyong City
(Near Cityhall Rotunda and beside 'Seatmate')
Cel: (0917) 854-1243 / Tel: (02) 631-6008 / (02) 239-7051

Offline msgt16

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #40 on: Dec 22, 2016 at 04:54 PM »
Hello! May question lang ako re: these new NMTs in the market. I have a Popcorn Hour A-110 at our house. Bought it from ert last 2008. Setup was PV80 + A-110 + AVR. With the PV80 conking out on me, I'm planning to get Sony's X8000D this month. With the latest TVs already able to play MKVs, anong advantage ng bagong NMTs ngayon? The new TV will be installed sa apartment only. We do not have an internet connection and I won't bring our AVR there para di naman maingay sa mga katabing unit and also, space consuming din sya. If ever, I'll just play the MKVs I have in my external HDs via the X8000D. TV audio na lang sya.

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Need help choosing Media Player
« Reply #41 on: Dec 22, 2016 at 08:55 PM »
Hello! May question lang ako re: these new NMTs in the market. I have a Popcorn Hour A-110 at our house. Bought it from ert last 2008. Setup was PV80 + A-110 + AVR. With the PV80 conking out on me, I'm planning to get Sony's X8000D this month. With the latest TVs already able to play MKVs, anong advantage ng bagong NMTs ngayon? The new TV will be installed sa apartment only. We do not have an internet connection and I won't bring our AVR there para di naman maingay sa mga katabing unit and also, space consuming din sya. If ever, I'll just play the MKVs I have in my external HDs via the X8000D. TV audio na lang sya.
Stick to your tv player. Kung di ka naman mapili sa quality ng codec playback / formats ng video at audio, stick to your tv player.

Pag 10% ayaw mag play sa collection mo , delete mo yang 10% your wife or gf will love your savings and that's an extra mulah for her shopping.

Update mo Lang Ang firmware ng tv mo para make playback ka ng Matino off your existing hdd

« Last Edit: Dec 24, 2016 at 09:19 AM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline ehome

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Dec 22, 2016 at 09:14 PM »
Hi Msgt16. Good question. In my opinion. The player in the tv does make the player seem redundant. I guess the answer would be close to why people buy different players in the first place.

1. Different levels of support
Forums, firmware update, tech support response time, product life. Companies making dedicated players tend to focus more on improving players.
2. Features
Things like hd audio (which you don't need), picture quality & sound quality, other bells & whistles.
3. Electricity
Since people sometimes use their player for torrents, it would be a waste to keep the tv on 24/7 for that.

I think you should buy a tv first. If you're not happy with using the tv's usb for some reason or you find it lacking then that's the time you shop for a player You can always buy a player later on.

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Dec 23, 2016 at 12:28 AM »
inputs from sirs toys4geeks & ehome are true.

while this input from me, is truer.  i have Sony X80D, I installed only Kodi Jarvis and SPMC and they're both working the same level (in both PQ and SQ).  as you've mentioned you'd watch movies in .MKV and will not use AVR,  then you're fine with the TV alone.  you won't need an external media player anymore.  I was only "forced" to buy an NMT because of HD Audio ((8ch) to pass-thru to my AVR and enjoy the full benefits of new audio technology which are ATMOS & DTS:X.

hope this helps.  you won't go wrong with Sony X80D.  =))

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Dec 23, 2016 at 12:41 AM »
btw to add:  since space consuming ang AVR sa apartment mo, why not buy a soundbar instead.  use your savings on not buying an NMT =)) 

your wife/gf will love you more with a better audio experience compared only to the TV's build-in speakers.

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Dec 23, 2016 at 04:24 AM »
inputs from sirs toys4geeks & ehome are true.

while this input from me, is truer.  i have Sony X80D, I installed only Kodi Jarvis and SPMC and they're both working the same level (in both PQ and SQ).  as you've mentioned you'd watch movies in .MKV and will not use AVR,  then you're fine with the TV alone.  you won't need an external media player anymore.  I was only "forced" to buy an NMT because of HD Audio ((8ch) to pass-thru to my AVR and enjoy the full benefits of new audio technology which are ATMOS & DTS:X.

hope this helps.  you won't go wrong with Sony X80D.  =))
Kaya nga delete na Ang atmos at Dts:x , mawawala lang and audio experience mo but key is , ano ba gusto mo ? Bawasan Ang library mo o for a small price of even  china player under 4K pesos , masubukan Ma enjoy mo Ang full spectrum ng sound.

That Sony model is good , and I'd still get a media player over the USB connection of a storage. Tv muna , testing Tapos lahat ng movies you won't be able to play lagay mo sa folder "mga Bawal sa USB " pag umabot sa 20% yan eh significant yan(at least to me)

Pag napaisip ka Na kelangan mo , I have one unit  here meant for a raffle, PM me and its yours at an obscenely discounted pag mag NMT ka na.

The gift of visual and audio experience is the most joy one can give to another.

toy

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Dec 23, 2016 at 04:29 AM »
btw to add:  since space consuming ang AVR sa apartment mo, why not buy a soundbar instead.  use your savings on not buying an NMT =)) 

your wife/gf will love you more with a better audio experience compared only to the TV's build-in speakers.
+1 sa sound bar. Medjo flat and tunog ni Sony sa symphonic pero kung Bawal ng Malakas djan sa apartment mo eh headset Lang Bluetooth Ang Katapat nyan. Kaso, 1 Lang pede pala ... sound bar ulit

toy

Offline msgt16

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Dec 23, 2016 at 05:32 PM »
Hi! Thanks for your inputs! I better get a TV first, then everything will follow. But from the looks of it, di ko nga kailangan ng NMT. Mamimiss ko lang yung nakalayout na posters ng PCH pag namimili ng movies to play. Hehehe Anyway, check ko na lang din muna kung satisfied na kami ni misis sa audio output ng TV. From there we might get a soundbar. Yung mga movies na nasa external HD ko e MKVs lang naman.

Thanks for the kind offer, sir toysforgeeks. I'll keep that in mind. :)

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Dec 23, 2016 at 06:37 PM »
Hi! Thanks for your inputs! I better get a TV first, then everything will follow. But from the looks of it, di ko nga kailangan ng NMT. Mamimiss ko lang yung nakalayout na posters ng PCH pag namimili ng movies to play. Hehehe Anyway, check ko na lang din muna kung satisfied na kami ni misis sa audio output ng TV. From there we might get a soundbar. Yung mga movies na nasa external HD ko e MKVs lang naman.

Thanks for the kind offer, sir toysforgeeks. I'll keep that in mind. :)
I know someone who stopped using kodi dahil merong problem sa playback sa Ibang 10 bit at 4K. It will play ok sa kodi , pero minsan ayaw na mag respond binubunot na power para na restart.Walang problem sa Mkv/Bd/ISO under kodi

toy

Offline msgt16

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Jan 07, 2017 at 09:02 PM »
Hello! I was about to purchase Sony's 43X8000d a while ago. Kaso during the testing, ambagal nya basahin yung 1tb external hard drive ko. Compared sa samsung na ambilis basahin. Updated na sa latest firmware yung tv. Kinabit din yung hdd ko sa ibang sony models pero same result. Yung 8gb na thumb drive naman mabilis lang nabasa yung contents.

Online halvert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 470
« Reply #50 on: Jan 07, 2017 at 10:43 PM »
Question: nasira na yung nmt ko. What do you recommend na bilhin ko just to play the movies that were in the 1tb internal drive?

Offline esr101

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #51 on: Jan 08, 2017 at 08:54 AM »
Budget mo?

Online halvert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 470
« Reply #52 on: Jan 08, 2017 at 06:20 PM »
^meron bang P4 thousand or below lang?

Offline Audio Excellence

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Definitive Technology
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #53 on: Jan 08, 2017 at 09:54 PM »
If you are looking for a great in expensive android media player. Consider the following:

- TX3 pro - android 6.0; AM logic S905x, 1 gig/ 8 gig - price is 2,990
http://www.lazada.com.ph/tx3-pro-android-60-marshmallow-amlogic-s905x-4k-tv-box-1g8g80211-bgn-lan-kodi-media-playerblack-8659655.html

- TX5 - android 6.0; AM logic S905x; 2 gig/ 8 gig- price is P4,990
http://www.lazada.com.ph/tx5-android-tv-box-quad-core-4k-set-top-box-kodi-android-box-2gbamlogic-s905x-8g-flash-android-60-smart-wifi-bluetoothblack-8659753.html

Or you can just pick up the items at:

Audio Excellence)

Each box has upgraded kodi so you can watch unlimited movies and tv shows.

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Jan 09, 2017 at 07:49 PM »
Hello! I was about to purchase Sony's 43X8000d a while ago. Kaso during the testing, ambagal nya basahin yung 1tb external hard drive ko. Compared sa samsung na ambilis basahin. Updated na sa latest firmware yung tv. Kinabit din yung hdd ko sa ibang sony models pero same result. Yung 8gb na thumb drive naman mabilis lang nabasa yung contents.

during your testing of Sony X80D, was this at the store -- maybe using ES Explorer or something else?

I have X80D and during testing I didn't encounter this 1TB delay reading.  at home, I installed Kodi and it's a breeze.  reads all my HDD perfectly and plays all my different media files, flawlessly.  I uninstalled the ES Explorer.

congratz with your new Samsung TV.

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Jan 09, 2017 at 07:52 PM »
If you are looking for a great in expensive android media player. Consider the following:

- TX3 pro - android 6.0; AM logic S905x, 1 gig/ 8 gig - price is 2,990
http://www.lazada.com.ph/tx3-pro-android-60-marshmallow-amlogic-s905x-4k-tv-box-1g8g80211-bgn-lan-kodi-media-playerblack-8659655.html

- TX5 - android 6.0; AM logic S905x; 2 gig/ 8 gig- price is P4,990
http://www.lazada.com.ph/tx5-android-tv-box-quad-core-4k-set-top-box-kodi-android-box-2gbamlogic-s905x-8g-flash-android-60-smart-wifi-bluetoothblack-8659753.html

Or you can just pick up the items at:

Audio Excellence)

Each box has upgraded kodi so you can watch unlimited movies and tv shows.

Question: nasira na yung nmt ko. What do you recommend na bilhin ko just to play the movies that were in the 1tb internal drive?

@halvert, best to invest time and test the above promoted NMT's.  ensure that all your HDD's (and it's files) can be read flawlessly before buying -- for all peace of mind.