Author Topic: NO MORE INSERTS for Paramount DVDS?  (Read 4006 times)

Offline Y_meeh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • I want adventure in the great wide somewhere-belle
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
NO MORE INSERTS for Paramount DVDS?
« on: Mar 29, 2004 at 12:35 AM »
I recently bought a Gangs of New York and was surprised to not find an insert on the dvd so I did a little check if this is really the case... searching... I found out that Buena Vista has followed paramount's lead in dropping the inserts for DVDS. This was kinda depressing news to me as the insert is the kind of thing that sort of distinguishes an orig to its pdvd counterpart.
Lyf seems a succession of busy nothings - Austen

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re:NO MORE INSERTS for Paramount DVDS?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29, 2004 at 01:52 AM »
i noticed that some canadian editions have no inserts din... instead they put the chapter titles sa back nung cover.  :-\

Offline kane

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2004 at 03:30 AM »
I recently bought a Gangs of New York and was surprised to not find an insert on the dvd so I did a little check if this is really the case... searching... I found out that Buena Vista has followed paramount's lead in dropping the inserts for DVDS. This was kinda depressing news to me as the insert is the kind of thing that sort of distinguishes an orig to its pdvd counterpart.

try to ask other members that have the same title kung meron insert yung sa kanila.  I bought Princess Mononoke (Buena Vista/MIramax) few months ago and it didnt have inserts.  But my friend also bought one and his copy had one.  So i emailed Buena Vista and asked them if they can provied me with an insert.  They were kind enough naman and said yes.  After few weeks of waiting, the insert arrived.  (actually, they sent me two copies nga eh... ;D)
« Last Edit: Mar 30, 2004 at 06:35 AM by bluestreak »

Offline Y_meeh

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2004 at 01:29 PM »
actually from what i've read buena vista has retracted on their decision of not producing inserts anymore since they have received a number of complaints on this. i just don't know if paramount did the same. but thanks for the advice... ill try to email buena vista soon.

Offline danzig

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2004 at 07:50 PM »
But inserts are just pieces of colored paper that are worth a few cents.

Offline ThePatriot

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Apr 04, 2004 at 08:28 AM »
but still brod, kasama pa rin sa portion ng bayad natin yun  :) hi Y_meeh, yung THE TEN COMMANDMENTS (special collectors edition) ko rin walang insert (scene index), i think yung copy din ni brod classicman wala rin insert  :( :( :( by the way mga brod, mga sisters, may PROMO na naman sa www.dvdempire.com, ON SALE halos lahat ng PARAMOUNT titles, $8.99 each ...  :) :) :)

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Apr 04, 2004 at 11:02 AM »
i confirm the manifestation (hehehe) of brod The Patriot that my recently bought THE TEN COMMANDMENTS, SCE (a paramount release) has in fact NO insert, kakainis lang isipin na may "kulang" yung naibigay sa yo, and to think that its ironically labelled as a "special collector's edition"

Offline Y_meeh

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Apr 04, 2004 at 02:15 PM »
try to ask other members that have the same title kung meron insert yung sa kanila.  I bought Princess Mononoke (Buena Vista/MIramax) few months ago and it didnt have inserts.  But my friend also bought one and his copy had one.  So i emailed Buena Vista and asked them if they can provied me with an insert.  They were kind enough naman and said yes.  After few weeks of waiting, the insert arrived.  (actually, they sent me two copies nga eh... ;D)

can you please share the email ad? can't find it kc... thanks.

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Apr 04, 2004 at 06:12 PM »
i noticed that some canadian editions have no inserts din... instead they put the chapter titles sa back nung cover.  :-\

How about for Universal release dvds? ???

I want to buy The Breakfast Club from a reputable seller here in pinoydvd but I later found out that there is no insert on the dvd.

The Breakfast CLub is part of the High School Reunion Box set.

Insert is also a good catch among dvd collectors like me and I agree with Y_meeh that it really distinguish the difference from the pirated ones.

Any info is greatly appreciated.  :)
« Last Edit: Apr 04, 2004 at 06:13 PM by keating »

Offline cherubrock

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • use soap
  • Liked:
Re: NO MORE INSERTS for Paramount DVDS?
« Reply #9 on: Jun 20, 2004 at 03:11 AM »

How about for Universal release dvds? ???

I want to buy The Breakfast Club from a reputable seller here in pinoydvd but I later found out that there is no insert on the dvd.

The Breakfast CLub is part of the High School Reunion Box set.

Insert is also a good catch among dvd collectors like me and I agree with Y_meeh that it really distinguish the difference from the pirated ones.

Any info is greatly appreciated.  :)

I recently got a copy of the Breakfast Club _HS Reunion. It did have an insert, but twas just a back-to-back ad on other Universal titles available, and doesn't list the chapters. I don't know if it's different if you get the entire boxed set since I just got that one title. Hope this helps  ;D

Offline cherubrock

• DVD Addict
  • use soap
  • Liked:
Re: NO MORE INSERTS for Universal DVDS?
« Reply #10 on: Oct 05, 2004 at 03:37 AM »
Bumping this up because I recently got dvds from the Astro sale that I'm not sure should have inserts or not. Can anyone who owns the R3 versions of Meet Joe Black and Back to the Future Trilogy confirm if indeed these titles have no more inserts? Both are from Universal and released locally by Magnavision.

???  ???  ???

Offline JhunDV

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Good old-fashioned lover boy!
  • Liked:
Re: NO MORE INSERTS for Universal DVDS?
« Reply #11 on: Oct 05, 2004 at 03:00 PM »
Red Dragon 2-disc has NO insert, too. Mag-provide kaya Universal if we asked?  :-\
Panny 50VT30 - Onkyo 818 - Polk  RTiA5/CSiA6/FXiA4/DSWPro550 - MEDE8ER 1000x3D - Synology DS413j

Offline cherubrock

• DVD Addict
  • use soap
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Oct 05, 2004 at 05:15 PM »
^ I've already e-mailed Magnavision regarding this matter, you may want to do the same if you have questions regarding Universal, Columbia Tri-star, and other studios released locally by them. I'm still waiting for their reply. Baka sakaling ma-pressure if they get feedback from enough of us, hehe.. Here are their contact details:

Office Address: 3rd Flr. 28 Manga Road Aurora Boulevard, Quezon City Philippines

Telephone Number:(632) 727-8755, 727-8185, 727-4011 local 133

Fax Number: (632) 9116266

Email Address:[email protected]

Contact Person: Rowena Gan
Sales & Mktg. Director

;)

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Oct 05, 2004 at 06:56 PM »

I recently got a copy of the Breakfast Club _HS Reunion. It did have an insert, but twas just a back-to-back ad on other Universal titles available, and doesn't list the chapters. I don't know if it's different if you get the entire boxed set since I just got that one title. Hope this helps  ;D

its the same dude....

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Oct 24, 2004 at 11:32 AM »
The Untouchables, Special Collector's Ed. that I just got from amazon doesn't have any insert also, and this is another Paramount pictures release.... >:(

another title that i recently got from the same source, Judgment At Nuremberg, Special Ed. an MGM release, wala rin insert..... >:( >:(

ito na ata talaga ang trend ngayon, bad trip.... >:D >:D >:D

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Nov 20, 2004 at 07:03 AM »
Born on the Fourth of July, Special Edition (r1, dts) - a Universal release that i recently bought from dvdempire.com is another title without any insert or chapter index >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2004 at 07:06 AM by classicman »

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Nov 23, 2004 at 02:10 PM »
Walang inserts, cheap amaray cases with kulubot see-thru plastic covers - sounds like pirated packaging to me.  At roughly 8X the cost.  Congratulations to cost savings and profit maximization.  ;D

And no more snapper cases - something to really distinguish an orig from a p stuff at first glance. 

Talk about encouraging people to patronize origs.  Apart from lax anti-piracy enforcement, they seem to be doing everything to effect the opposite.   ;D
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2004 at 02:14 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline riverfan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re: NO MORE INSERTS
« Reply #17 on: Dec 12, 2005 at 12:07 AM »
Does Disney release some DVDs with no insert included? Bought Newsies - Collector's Edition and surprised to see that it doesn't include an insert.

Can someone with a copy verify this. Thanks in advance.