Author Topic: Zappiti One 4K HDR -- new SE 4K HDR version came up  (Read 4642 times)

Offline mhacman

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 129
Zappiti One 4K HDR -- new SE 4K HDR version came up
« on: Jan 17, 2017 at 02:52 PM »
has anyone came across this Zapitti NMT?

looking forward this can be discussed here as well.  I haven't got any idea where to source a unit of this, though.

here's the link:
   http://zappiti.com/zappiti-one-4k-hdr.html

it's a French-designed player but perhaps assembled and supported in China.

TIA!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020 at 10:36 PM by mhacman »

Offline mbtorn

• Trade Count: (+169)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 75
Re: Zapitti One 4K HDR
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2017 at 03:07 PM »
Saw one in Architectural Audio at Greenbelt 5.

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2017 at 03:10 PM »
WOW, really!  Thanks!

it's 300EUR free worldwide delivery. It should be about 15,000PhP.  quite pricey but let's see it's prowess before we judge further =))

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
Zappiti One SE 4K HDR
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020 at 12:23 AM »

The Zappiti One SE 4K HDR

If my memory serves me right, my WD TV has been in my possession for over a decade, last upgrade I did was from the WD TV Live Plus to the WD TV,
and dito ko na yata nabili ang WD TV ko, up until mawala na sya sa market ng 2016. From then on, I have been trying my best to somehow find a player that can rival or even come close the simplicity and functionality of the WD TV, saan ka nga ba naman makakakita ng player na plug and play lang lahat ng media sa kanya and kaya nyang iplay.

The only reason why I would love to get a newer media player is para makasuod naman ako ng bahagya sa mga bagong format, both audio and video formats, nagsimula na din kasing dumami ang mga media files containing x265 encodes, HDR encodes etc etc, as well as mga Dolby Atmos audio tracks, somehow, and sad to say, hindi na kaya ng
WD TV na iplay ito, don't get me wrong, WD TV is one impressive player, as a matter of fact, bago nagkawalaan sa market yan, I have 4 players na naka-back up,
in which bago ko itinago sa storage ay pinalitan ko na ng stable OS, my favorite is the version 1.00.42

To give you an idea on how crazy my move library is, nakaipon ako ng halos 7 external hard drives through the years, started from 720p then to 1080p,
then ng makarating ako dito sa US, I ended up replacing all of my favorite movies ng remuxes, those hard drives are plugged in a USB Hub (powered), and that hub is plugged in sa back USB port ng WD TV, and for years, it worked really well, rarely crashes, never freezes, and the one thing I really liked about it,  is its SIMPLICITY,
napaka-stable ng OS, and the album art is beautiful, perfect para sa isang maliit na home theatre.

Anyway, before I ended up with Zappiti, I ordered most of the Android boxes on Amazon, honestly, I'm just thankful at hindi ako napenalize ni Amazon sa kakaorder then soli ng mga ito, I think I tested 5 or 6 different players of different brands. Some of which are Generic brands of some sort, all android based, sadly, you really get what you pay for,
they are priced at $40 - $80, and from which lahat ay may problema, some player would play movie file, but without any sound, some would play but stuttering naman ang video,
and no matter good you are, hindi makuhang mabago ang settings. I even tested the Zidoo Z9S, but with 2 units being tested, upon initialization pa lang sablay na, considering this one was at $200, So basically, all the Android boxes and players na under $200 ay may problema talaga, and yan din mismo ang inamin ng mga sellers sa akin, coz everytime I post my review sa Amazon, a seller will try and convince me na baguhin ko ang one star rating na binigay ko sa kanila, hangang sa kung ano ano pa ang iooffer syo para lang baguhin ang rate nila.

I came upon Zappiti years ago, I ordered one years ago as well, but I ended up returning it dahil hindi ko sya napagana. With Zappiti, there's this so called TOKEN na dapat mong ilagay sa login mo sa Zappiti account mo, and that time, nagtataka naman ako, used na ang token na nakalagay sa player na nakuha ko, kaya hindi ko sya napagana, by the time na makasagot ang seller sa akin to release the token sa pagkaka-lock ay naisoli ko na ang player.

Kaya medyo hesitant ako to test this one out, sablay na sa unang impression pa lang.
But after reading plenty of nice reviews about Zappiti, took the plunge and ordered this one:

The Zappiti One SE 4K HDR ($350)

The player is well constructed, alam mong quality ang materials na ginamit, aluminum housing and maganda ang construction talaga.
Remote control is a bit heavy and bulky, but I always use my extra Android remote control, good thing parehas ng frequency ang 2...

Initialization is PAIN,..! Honestly, You'd expect na user friendly ito, considering its price, I was expecting na setup account, set network, then voila, saksak hard drive then play na.
I was mistaken, upon turning on, Firmware update agad ang gusto, wala namang ibang choice kundi mag-YES, if not, unit will be useless and turn OFF lang.
So, update was ok, took maybe 3-5 minutes, did not encounter any hiccups, oh and yes, naka-hardline sya sa router.

Boot up is really quick, it uses Android 6.1 (not used to Androids, hindi ko talaga alam ang OS na ito, been an Apple user eversince kasi)
Will prompt you sa 3 choices, Video - Explorer - Music, I said PAIN before right,
Once you click any of the 3, it will again ask you to update that said selection, to experience the best possible whatever daw,
again, walang ibang choice but to go forward, but once you do, hindi sya mag-update, may error daw sa update process or hindi mareach ang network.
Pambihira naman kako, sakit na ng ulo simula pa lang. Did this maybe like 5 times, kahit Explorer nya ay hindi ko mabuksan.

Seems this is an on-going problem ng Zappiti, and the workaround was to go directly sa SETTINGS app nya,
from there may menu duon kung saan nakalista ang lahat ng app na kailangan ng update,
oddly enough, once you update ALL the apps na kailangan mo duon, parang nagdahilan lang sya at automatic na ang lahat.

Honestly, kung hindi maalam ang gagamit nito, sa simula pa lang ay aayaw na talaga, sa dami ng tanong at hung ups.
You would expect ALOT sa price na binayaran mo...

Anyhow, moving forward, once maupdate lahat, it was fairly simple to use,
Simplest one is to use the Explorer app and access your external hard drive from there.
By using the Video app, its a bit technical, in the sense na you have to go to a process to be able to build your own compilation,
then the player will automatically build the album wall for you, which is really cool, not to mention may background pa ng soundtrack
ang bawat movie na naka-highlight, really nice lalo pag may demo ka...

In terms of video: AMAZING,..! Napakagaling ng player, I have tested basically every known file format na nasa collection ko,
lahat binasa, lahat nag-play ng walang stutter, walang slowmo, and I was really excited to play a couple of UHD Remux files sa kanya,
those x265 formats, it was FLAWLESS,..! Filesize is at 80-90 GB. Lumabas lalo ang ganda ng kulay ng QLED, every detail is crisp,..!
Its worth mentioning as well na perfect ang Bluray menu access nya, BD ISO files etc etc, lahat yan binasa nya.

That goes with the audio as well, it never missed a beat, known audio encodes were decoded, and walang dropout sa sound.
Been testing out Dolby Atmos and TrueHD, napakaganda ng sound quality...

Is it simple to use,.? Well, NO, it is not as simple as the WD TV,
like what I said, WD TV - plug and play, this one is a bit technical, and that's the only negative na masasabi ko sa kanya,
this player may have plenty of USB ports, but it will only confuse the player evenmore, why,..? Remember I said it automatically builds your library,
well, once I plugged in my USB Hub with those 6 hard drives, it did access them, but somehow, all 6 hard drives are in one folder,
kaya halo halo na lahat ng movies mo, I know may setting na pwede gawin for this, but its just too complicated for me today,
baka sa ibang araw naman,... LOL

I ended up plugging a single 10TB external drive sa kanya, and with this, everything was simple.
Adding a movie is a bit technical too, lalo na kung nakabuo na ang compilation mo, you'd have to delete the compilation first,
then build another one, again, I know may simple way silang sinasabi, but I still haven't tried that one out,
I tried to explore it on my own. And somehow, my way is a bit technical, but for me its easier and faster.
If you are planning on getting one, one huge requirement na nakikita ko is RELIANT sya sa internet,
it relies on Zappiti's cloud kung saan naka-store ang compilation ng mga movies/music collections mo,
I still haven't tried using the OFFLINE mode kung paano ito,..

Lastly, would I recommend it,..?
Hell YES, its an AMAZING player, RELIABLE and really fast,..!
Lalo pa siguro kung yung top of the line nila ang kinuha ko,....

« Last Edit: May 20, 2020 at 11:52 PM by ABCmotorparts »

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020 at 11:54 PM »
Just to update:

I was giving myself a hard time in transferring a movie from my PC,
There are simple ways of doing so...
It wasn’t complicated at all, pinahirapan ko lang ang sarili ko.

Also, it seems the player gets confused when you make your own folder inside the MOVIE folder, meaning ayaw nya ng may isa pang folder na may pangalan ng movie,
Medyo OC kasi ako sa ganun, I try to organize my collection by name, am still testing it out here, but so far, pag file itself lang ang inilagay mo, without any modification sa name tag nya, the player automatically identifies it, ganun sya ka-smart. It really is simple and easy, though, again, reliant pa din sya sa internet para sa identification...

It has an app para sa iPhone/iPad and its really convenient, as well as the app para sa dektop...

Overall, I am loving this player more and more, lalo at unti unti ay nakikita ko ang capabilities nya, not to mention the reliability, it is very reliable..!

« Last Edit: May 21, 2020 at 11:57 PM by ABCmotorparts »

Offline JeromeA

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I am not in danger, I am the Danger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 304
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020 at 12:31 AM »
nice review sir. mukhang na fall inlove ka na talaga dito ah. haha..

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Zapitti One SE 4K HDR
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2020 at 03:10 AM »
nice review sir. mukhang na fall inlove ka na talaga dito ah. haha..

Medyo sir,

Matagal tagal talaga ako naghahanap ng updated media player kasi...
May dahilan talaga kung bakit medyo pricey itong Zappiti, its quite reliable and play it all player talaga, pasensya na kayo, first time makatikim ng ISO at BD menu sa media player.. 🤣
Madami pa akong features na hindi nagagamit, am just still at awe sa video and audio quality nya...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020 at 05:54 AM by ABCmotorparts »

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2020 at 07:58 AM »

Offline comet

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2020 at 02:53 PM »
sir ABC pwede na rin ba netflix hd atmos streaming sa zappiti?

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2020 at 08:15 PM »
sir ABC pwede na rin ba netflix hd atmos streaming sa zappiti?

Hey bro,

I still haven’t installed Netflix sa player, kaya hindi ko mabigyan ng sagot...
Nasa hard drive movies kasi ang attention ko sa kanya...

All my streaming kasi ay sa Apple TV ko pinapadaan.

Thanks..!

Offline comet

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2020 at 09:10 PM »
thanks sir!

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2020 at 10:33 PM »
wow! just wow!  congratz, sir!

will check this again once Amazon importing eases up on PH  ^-^

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Zappiti One SE 4K HDR -- new SE 4K HDR version came up
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2020 at 10:46 PM »
wow! just wow!  congratz, sir!

will check this again once Amazon importing eases up on PH  ^-^

Brod,

By far, the BEST media player na natest at nagamit ko,...
In all honesty, sa ganda ng performance na binigay ng SE, am considering investing sa PRO model nila,
napaka-stable ng Android nya, napakaganda ng response ng OS nya.

One thing though, and I have to be honest, I never use my media player kasi as a streamer,
kaya hindi ako mahilig mag-install ng kung ano ano sa player, I have no idea kung gaano sya kagaling,
kaya just be wary, pero kung ang pag-uusapan lang ay ang performance, build and quality ng player na io,
hindi ako mapapahiya na irecommend, really easy to use, and ALIW ang pagpapalit ng album art and background pictures,
as well as the background soundtrack, napakagandang demo ng system,...
If you have any question, just drop me a PM, baka sakaling masagot ko sya,...

(I'll try to transfer a UHD Remux 80GB thru my network, let's see kung magagawa ko,...)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020 at 11:36 PM by ABCmotorparts »

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Zappiti One 4K HDR -- new SE 4K HDR version came up
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2020 at 09:53 AM »
sir ABC na try mo na ba magplay ng dolby vision na file?

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2020 at 01:25 AM »
Brod,

By far, the BEST media player na natest at nagamit ko,...
In all honesty, sa ganda ng performance na binigay ng SE, am considering investing sa PRO model nila,
napaka-stable ng Android nya, napakaganda ng response ng OS nya.

One thing though, and I have to be honest, I never use my media player kasi as a streamer,
kaya hindi ako mahilig mag-install ng kung ano ano sa player, I have no idea kung gaano sya kagaling,
kaya just be wary, pero kung ang pag-uusapan lang ay ang performance, build and quality ng player na io,
hindi ako mapapahiya na irecommend, really easy to use, and ALIW ang pagpapalit ng album art and background pictures,
as well as the background soundtrack, napakagandang demo ng system,...
If you have any question, just drop me a PM, baka sakaling masagot ko sya,...

(I'll try to transfer a UHD Remux 80GB thru my network, let's see kung magagawa ko,...)

thanks, sir.. just as I thought some 3years ago when I first saw this media player...  ^-^

since I wasn't able to source one, I went with importing the 2017 NVidia Shield.  only thing I find it can't play is the full BD Java.  so there's no menu nor chapter select & bonus play for ISO's and BDMV's.  and it's not Dolby Vision but at that early time there weren't available DV downloads either haha

so now that it has evolved, well maybe it might be time for me to own one.  we really appreciated your very in-depth reviews, as always!

slight note: let me know if you want to sell me your SE when you finalized going for the PRO, ha?  >:D

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2020 at 01:54 AM »
sir ABC na try mo na ba magplay ng dolby vision na file?

bro, his TV yata is QLED HDR10+  haha

but anyway, as the player is not really big and heavy enough, baka pwede niya try sa mayroong Sony/LG Dolby Vision sets   >:D

sir @ABC, I've seen and downloaded a HDR10+ UHD x265 10Bit BT2020 file, Bohemain Rhapsody IIRC.  could you get one and try if it'll show a "HRD10+" quick pop up on your QLED? hehe  tia!

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2020 at 10:02 AM »

but anyway, as the player is not really big and heavy enough, baka pwede niya try sa mayroong Sony/LG Dolby Vision sets   >:D

sir @ABC, I've seen and downloaded a HDR10+ UHD x265 10Bit BT2020 file, Bohemain Rhapsody IIRC.  could you get one and try if it'll show a "HRD10+" quick pop up on your QLED? hehe  tia!

hahaha. pwede sa tv mo bro. hahaha

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Zappiti One SE 4K HDR
« Reply #17 on: Jun 05, 2020 at 12:34 AM »

Wala, I'd be pissed kung laging may pop up na ganun...
Abala sa mata, every playback is seemless, wala pa ako naeencounter na sabit o dropout either sa video or audio.
Lahat ng isalang ko na remux at BD-ISO file ay nagplay flawlessly.
I'm really impressed sa player na ito, napakasimpleng gamitin,
napakasimpleng lagyan ng bagong movie file.

Just take out the hard drive (I use an external kasi)
Plug it in sa desktop ko, transfer all the movies na nasa library ko,
And once you plugged it back sa Zappiti, it automatically scans and identies
all the  new added files sa hard drive, sya na din ang bahalang mag-ayos ng pagkakasunod sunod ng titles,
tulad nung sa Harry Potter or Fast and The Furious,
I still haven't tried transferring files via my network, medyo busy sa chores dito sa bahay kaya hindi ko matesting pa...

But so far, the player is amazing, I'm considering ordering the PRO sa Father's Day (might ask the wife for it LOL...)

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Jun 06, 2020 at 12:33 AM »
hahaha. pwede sa tv mo bro. hahaha

hehe.. konti lang kasi DV movies pa.  tapos anlaki ng filesize  ^-^

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Jun 06, 2020 at 12:34 AM »
Wala, I'd be pissed kung laging may pop up na ganun...
Abala sa mata, every playback is seemless, wala pa ako naeencounter na sabit o dropout either sa video or audio.
Lahat ng isalang ko na remux at BD-ISO file ay nagplay flawlessly.
I'm really impressed sa player na ito, napakasimpleng gamitin,
napakasimpleng lagyan ng bagong movie file.

Just take out the hard drive (I use an external kasi)
Plug it in sa desktop ko, transfer all the movies na nasa library ko,
And once you plugged it back sa Zappiti, it automatically scans and identies
all the  new added files sa hard drive, sya na din ang bahalang mag-ayos ng pagkakasunod sunod ng titles,
tulad nung sa Harry Potter or Fast and The Furious,
I still haven't tried transferring files via my network, medyo busy sa chores dito sa bahay kaya hindi ko matesting pa...

But so far, the player is amazing, I'm considering ordering the PRO sa Father's Day (might ask the wife for it LOL...)

impressive indeed, sir!  kudos to the developers and congratz to the satisfied customers..  ;D

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Jun 07, 2020 at 03:15 AM »
hehe.. konti lang kasi DV movies pa.  tapos anlaki ng filesize  ^-^

🤣

Medyo,
BluRay UHD: 90-180gb
UHD Remux: 50-80gb
2160p encode: 15-40gb

Pero kita mo naman talaga ang video quality ng UHD, lalo sa malaking panel,
am using an 85” QLED, and its stunning..!

Tested out The Gemini Man in 60fps, aliw panuorin,...

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Jun 07, 2020 at 10:03 AM »
🤣

Medyo,
BluRay UHD: 90-180gb
UHD Remux: 50-80gb
2160p encode: 15-40gb

Pero kita mo naman talaga ang video quality ng UHD, lalo sa malaking panel,
am using an 85” QLED, and its stunning..!

Tested out The Gemini Man in 60fps, aliw panuorin,...

gemini man ang isa sa pnaka magandang video quality ngayon. meron silang dolby vision..

Offline deluxe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Don't touch my Precious!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: Jun 14, 2020 at 02:26 PM »
SE now is E290.83 including tax and shipping

Parang gusto kong patulan ang Zappiti Duo 4K HDR nila since difference lang is P2,300 dual bay na.

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Jun 16, 2020 at 04:20 AM »
Its a nice feature to have (Hard Disk bay), but I prefer to use an external hard drive,
in which cable lang sa hard drive side ang tinatanggal ko just in case, maingatan ko man lang ang connectors sa loob ng bay...
I highly recommend the Zappiti, very stable and VERY reliable, haven't had any issue whatsoever...

Cheers,..!

Offline deluxe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Don't touch my Precious!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #24 on: Jun 16, 2020 at 03:18 PM »
Hindi pa pala ito HDR10+ mga sir?

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Jun 16, 2020 at 04:49 PM »
Hindi pa pala ito HDR10+ mga sir?

hindi pa ata.. pero for me ok na basta HDR. di naman ganun ka selan ang mata ko sa ganyan saka di ko gaano makita ang laki ng difference.. importante ang functionality ng player.

Offline jh@meeh

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #26 on: Jun 16, 2020 at 05:16 PM »
Locally available ba ang zappiti?
LG OLED
Kef Reference
Denon Receiver
Power Sound Audio
JL Fathoms

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Jun 16, 2020 at 05:48 PM »
Locally available ba ang zappiti?

wala ata bro..

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Jun 17, 2020 at 09:24 PM »
Philippines

ARCHITECTURAL AUDIO
Address: 4th Level Greenbelt 5, Ayala Shopping Center, Legaspi Street, Makati City
Phone: (632)6215165 - (632)6215173
Web: architecturalaudio.ph
E-mail: [email protected]

They are the authorized seller dyan, I don’t know if active pa ang seller...

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Jun 21, 2020 at 09:10 AM »
Pardon the delay guys,
Ngayon ko lang natest ang file transfer thru my network,

Both my desktop and the Zappiti are hardwired.
Zappiti is plugged in a network switch and the switch is plugged into my MoCA 2.0 adapter.

While my desktop is plugged in directly to my router. Transfer rate was around
120-140mbps, transfered a 30gb file from my desktop to the zappiti, took over 2 minutes 30 seconds.

Being hardwired and all, it makes everything quite easy to edit and move files...

Also an update on the authorized distributor: Seems Architectural Audio does not carry Zappiti anymore, they do however carry DUNE media players still. They just replied to my inquiry via FB last night.
« Last Edit: Jun 21, 2020 at 09:12 AM by ABCmotorparts »