Author Topic: 2017-2018 NBA Season - Draft Day to Playoffs  (Read 390964 times)

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
Re: 2017-2018 NBA Season - Draft Day to Playoffs
« Reply #4440 on: May 30, 2018 at 11:58 AM »
If iggy can't play sa finals then it's a major plus sa cavs, since iggy is the primary defender kay lebron.

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4441 on: May 30, 2018 at 12:00 PM »
^^ After what they achieved in the ECF, that's a good mindset for the Cavs to have in the Finals against the heavily-favored Warriors. Game 1 would be a nice barometer of how this series will go. Ideal scenario for the Cavs in G1 would be for Love to play and for Iguodala to remain sidelined. Si Hood, sayang nasa doghouse na. He could help on offense.

Found this online. Don't know why the Knicks are even here :)

bakit di naglalaro si hood?

Sent from my F3216 using Tapatalk

SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #4442 on: May 30, 2018 at 12:04 PM »
bakit di naglalaro si hood?

May isang playoff game where he refused to enter the game kahit pinapapasok na siya ni Lue. Nagdadabog sa lack of playing time. Insubordination.

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/05/08/cleveland-cavaliers-wont-discipline-rodney-hood
We deserve better.

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4443 on: May 30, 2018 at 12:09 PM »
May isang playoff game where he refused to enter the game kahit pinapapasok na siya ni Lue. Nagdadabog sa lack of playing time. Insubordination.

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/05/08/cleveland-cavaliers-wont-discipline-rodney-hood
Thank you!

SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline GIJoe

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 285
« Reply #4444 on: May 30, 2018 at 01:16 PM »

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #4445 on: May 30, 2018 at 01:29 PM »

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
2017-2018 NBA Season - Draft Day to Playoffs
« Reply #4446 on: May 30, 2018 at 01:58 PM »
I'm a big GSW Fan...
I even have 2 Jerseys each of Steph and Klay (I worship their beyond the arc shooting prowess)
Wasn't able to watch the whole Game 7 of the WCF, only some of the 4th Q due to work. But after watching the video below, I am somewhat not contented that GSW won that game. Parang may tanong tuloy na bakit ganun, bakit hindi tinawagan, luto ba...? ;D
Diba ayaw mo isipin na nanalo team mo dahil hindi naging fair ang tawagan...

Yup, the Rockets missed 27 consecutive 3s but the 2 obvious non call 3 point attemps, the suppose to be 4pt play by Harden and the moving screen by Bell could have made a huge impact on the game... Thats a total of 13-point swing in favor of GSW.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/kainpare/permalink/594618017572926/

Anyway hopefully my GSW with make it back-to-back... And all respect to King James, what he is doing this Playoffs is amazing and for the books!!!

#GoGSW :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018 at 03:51 PM by ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌ »

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2157
« Reply #4447 on: May 30, 2018 at 02:16 PM »
Both reached Game 7.

Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1443
« Reply #4448 on: May 30, 2018 at 02:31 PM »
just realized. no matter what LBJ does, he doesn't get a lot of love. He has been criticized for almost everything but fact remains, he is one the best basketball players we've seen in our lifetime. that is coming from a non LBJ fan.

Offline rochie

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4449 on: May 30, 2018 at 02:43 PM »
just realized. no matter what LBJ does, he doesn't get a lot of love. He has been criticized for almost everything but fact remains, he is one the best basketball players we've seen in our lifetime. that is coming from a non LBJ fan.

ganun talaga ang mga hater walang nakikitang tama :D :D :D

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #4450 on: May 30, 2018 at 02:48 PM »
were lucky (at least i am)... we experienced great athletes in our era.. from bird/magic, to mj, to ai, to shaq, kobe, and now lbj...

wayne gretsky, tiger woods, messi, pacquiao, tyson, and yes mayweather (lebron ng boxing)...

no question, lbj is the greatest nba player today... if he retires, mas tataas pa value nya.

Offline neilc

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4451 on: May 30, 2018 at 03:36 PM »
Meanwhile, Harden during his off-season...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Apple enthusiast. PlayStation Addict

Offline onedown

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • peace man!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4452 on: May 30, 2018 at 03:38 PM »
waxx,
i thought your list would include oscar, west, elgin, wilt, hondo, and russel; bobby orr; jack and arnie; rocky; the rocket ...

just kidding.

seriously, people who say that james is a great player have a valid argument. but for me, calling him GOAT might be pushing it a bit too far. what hurt was, there was a time when he was unwilling to be the goat [goat as word, not acronym]--passing up potential game-winning shots in important games. larry, magic, michael, and many other great players, even early in their careers were the opposite.
peace man!

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4453 on: May 30, 2018 at 04:42 PM »
waxx,
i thought your list would include oscar, west, elgin, wilt, hondo, and russel; bobby orr; jack and arnie; rocky; the rocket ...

just kidding.

seriously, people who say that james is a great player have a valid argument. but for me, calling him GOAT might be pushing it a bit too far. what hurt was, there was a time when he was unwilling to be the goat [goat as word, not acronym]--passing up potential game-winning shots in important games. larry, magic, michael, and many other great players, even early in their careers were the opposite.

di ko kilala yun mga binanggit mo sir.. hahahah naabutan ko colored tv na.. and FEN-P broadcasts of the nba!.. pero bata pa ako nun!

i agree with your observation with lebron being the GOAT... but better yet, GOTE sya..

its really not fair to compare players of different era. actually its stupid to do the comparison.... enjoy nalang what we have.

*coming from a kampon ni mj*

Offline onedown

• DVD Addict
  • peace man!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4454 on: May 30, 2018 at 05:07 PM »
^
i'm from a different camp--faves are those with marginal talents, but scrappy. rambis, ac green, and the like. while i try to follow the results, i don't watch bb now. somehow, for me the excitement has dipped due to time outs, flops, hack technique, etc. sigh.
peace man!

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 368
« Reply #4455 on: May 30, 2018 at 05:12 PM »
waxx,

just kidding.

Indeed, Lebron w/o the clutch gene was definitely the biggest knock on him ......... plus, his suspect outside shot.

But the past few seasons saw a steady shift, he's more than willing to take (and make) that last shot & his jumper is at its most deadliest.

He's done it all, while playing the right way and doing everything on the court. Sustained excellence from the start.

I was never a fantard of Lebron (and his posse'), but I always appreciated the talent ........ IMO the gap between MJ and Lebron is at its narrowest right now. I have no problem with MJ and Lebron being GOAT 1A and 1B respectively.

A year, few more years of this, Lebron will likely pass MJ.

Sacrilege to think, but all sports fan should appreciate it when seemingly unbreakable records are broken.

Note: Been watching NBA since loooong ago, was able to watch Magic, Bird, Jordan, Bad Boys, HotRod, Daugherty, etc up close ....... all my early inter-barangay & school uniforms are #11 (Isiah fanboy growing up).

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
« Reply #4456 on: May 30, 2018 at 05:30 PM »
Meanwhile, Harden during his off-season...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is that you getting your haircut? Stop using your parents computer lol.. Joke lang ha bossing

Offline onedown

• DVD Addict
  • peace man!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4457 on: May 30, 2018 at 05:46 PM »
Indeed, Lebron w/o the clutch gene was definitely the biggest knock on him ......... plus, his suspect outside shot.

But the past few seasons saw a steady shift, he's more than willing to take (and make) that last shot & his jumper is at its most deadliest.

He's done it all, while playing the right way and doing everything on the court. Sustained excellence from the start.

I was never a fantard of Lebron (and his posse'), but I always appreciated the talent ........ IMO the gap between MJ and Lebron is at its narrowest right now. I have no problem with MJ and Lebron being GOAT 1A and 1B respectively.

A year, few more years of this, Lebron will likely pass MJ.

Sacrilege to think, but all sports fan should appreciate it when seemingly unbreakable records are broken.

Note: Been watching NBA since loooong ago, was able to watch Magic, Bird, Jordan, Bad Boys, HotRod, Daugherty, etc up close ....... all my early inter-barangay & school uniforms are #11 (Isiah fanboy growing up).

nah, the fact that james was a "late bloomer," for me he'll always be at least half a notch behind the other greats who were willing to take the blame from the very start. :)
peace man!

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
« Reply #4458 on: May 30, 2018 at 05:48 PM »
I'm a big GSW Fan...
I even have 2 Jerseys each of Steph and Klay (I worship their beyond the arc shooting prowess)
Wasn't able to watch the whole Game 7 of the WCF, only some of the 4th Q due to work. But after watching the video below, I am somewhat not contented that GSW won that game. Parang may tanong tuloy na bakit ganun, bakit hindi tinawagan, luto ba...? ;D
Diba ayaw mo isipin na nanalo team mo dahil hindi naging fair ang tawagan...

Yup, the Rockets missed 27 consecutive 3s but the 2 obvious non call 3 point attemps, the suppose to be 4pt play by Harden and the moving screen by Bell could have made a huge impact on the game... Thats a total of 13-point swing in favor of GSW.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/kainpare/permalink/594618017572926/

Anyway hopefully my GSW with make it back-to-back... And all respect to King James, what he is doing this Playoffs is amazing and for the books!!!

#GoGSW :)

Thank you for being open minded. Yun ang point ko is sana meron consitency and fairness lang.  This is a game 7. The fouls on harden twice on the 3 point attempts should be foul shots. Plus the 4 point play. The refs called a foul on Capela on Game 5, score was 30 to 22 with 9:17 left in second quarter, ganun din. They gave Curry 3 shots. Mas sama pa yun tira kay Curry. So obvious hinagis lang niya and not shooting. Dapat consistent ang nba, especially sa playoffs.

Check mo sa youtube, "Curry draws 3 free throws from Capela."

Anyway, congrats sayo for gsw advancing.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018 at 05:50 PM by Moks007 »

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 368
« Reply #4459 on: May 30, 2018 at 05:50 PM »
nah, the fact that james was a "late bloomer," for me he'll always be at least half a notch behind the other greats who were willing to take the blame from the very start. :)

Besides MJ .,,...... who are the other greats you are referring to?

Offline onedown

• DVD Addict
  • peace man!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4460 on: May 30, 2018 at 06:02 PM »
larry, magic, bill, oscar, wilt,  among others. as great jordan is, he's not among my fave players. as i posted earlier, my favorite players are unlikely make it to the list of great players. i have a soft spot for not-so-talented players but are important ingredients to a team's success due to hard work--kurt rambis for example.
peace man!

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #4461 on: May 30, 2018 at 06:04 PM »
Both reached Game 7.

You mean

GSW All Star team VS Harden - all star team beat single player

and

Bosten team VS LBJ - LBJ beat the whole team

Laking difference nga... :) :)
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1443
« Reply #4462 on: May 30, 2018 at 06:06 PM »
Well, people get blinded by hate. Too evident. Kahit na nasa harap na nila ang evidence, their hate will just over power them and make them blind from all the facts. Thats how i see it.

Offline JeromeA

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I am not in danger, I am the Danger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #4463 on: May 30, 2018 at 06:12 PM »
You mean

and

nadali mo dpogs. hahaha

Offline kimpOy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #4464 on: May 30, 2018 at 07:01 PM »
You mean

and

lebron beat a superbly coached team

props to the kings

as much as i wanted him to win part 4 i think dubs will win in 5

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2157
« Reply #4465 on: May 30, 2018 at 07:09 PM »
Hayyaan mo, mas malaki difference ng susunod na games- NBA Finals:

GSW All Star Team vs LBJ = Alam na!

Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4466 on: May 30, 2018 at 07:37 PM »
Hayyaan mo, mas malaki difference ng susunod na games- NBA Finals:

GSW All Star Team vs LBJ = Alam na!

parang infinity war a!

Offline lithium_deuteride

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #4467 on: May 30, 2018 at 11:05 PM »
Not a Lebron hater.  I think Lebron is great.  Up there with MJ.  I’m not prepared to say Lebron is better than MJ but the argument for that is getting stronger.  For overall body of work, I’d still put MJ ahead for the sustained quality of his game throughout his career.  It really never dipped (Bulls years).  Lebron is quality too, obviously, but until this year, that quality in my view was just short of Jordan level.

Main beef against LBJ has been mentioned - disappears during crunch time.  He has addressed that especially this year.  Well, wala na kasi si Kyrie so he was forced into that role and my, has he delivered.  Another thing for me is the excitement factor.  MJ was simply the more exciting player to watch - moves so gracefully and beautifully - pure athleticism vs the strong moves of Lebron using his size and strength.
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4468 on: May 30, 2018 at 11:45 PM »
Alam naman.ng most NBA fans

Kung sino naman greatest player of this era with bigs and  na nasa East since 2010 sure ball maka finals.. but iba din pinakita ni Lebron lalo this playoff season.

MJ23 and KB24 and LAL fans here û. ... respect the King Kong ü

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #4469 on: May 31, 2018 at 06:12 AM »
iggy officially out on game 1
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2018-nba-finals-injury-updates-andre-iguodala-out-for-game-1-will-be-reevaluated-before-game-2/

this could be the opening that the cavs need. if gsw is fully healthy, cavs doesn't really stand a chance.