Author Topic: All for convenience  (Read 3839 times)

Offline accastil

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
All for convenience
« on: Jun 26, 2017 at 07:48 PM »
Can audio servers directly store/download spotify music files into its internal memory?  What specific models can and where can i buy them locally?
im allan - 09178087173

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: All for convenience
« Reply #1 on: Jun 26, 2017 at 08:58 PM »
Can audio servers directly store/download spotify music files into its internal memory?  What specific models can and where can i buy them locally?

I dont think you can play those files using other player as they are encrypted. Unless somebody here knows a way how to crack those files.
Walang Setup

Offline dimfer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Eh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #2 on: Jun 26, 2017 at 11:44 PM »
as far as I know, not in commercially available streamers, but you can get a software, install it in your computer and record everything that goes through it
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2017 at 11:45 PM by dimfer »
Magico S7, Trodt Gm70, Lamm LL2 Deluxe, PS Audio Direct Stream, Aurender A10, Garrard 401

Offline alvinbaronsia

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • I'm new here! Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #3 on: Jul 14, 2017 at 11:39 PM »

Not familiar with traditional audio servers, but you can: 1) get an old phone or cheap android tablet (possibly the android media boxes but I haven't tried that one yet), 2) install spotify and download your playlist/albums, 3) use your main phone/tablet to play spotify on that device. Downside is that you'll have to manually select download in the old phone's spotify whenever you have new playlists,but it shouldn't be a problem if you're just adding more songs to an existing playlist. Another is that you need another phone to operate it, unless it's okay for you to manually control the old phone. And finally, you can still use lossless audio via Kodi app but storage will be a problem especially if your files are hi-res.

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #4 on: Jul 15, 2017 at 05:16 AM »
Not familiar with traditional audio servers, but you can: 1) get an old phone or cheap android tablet (possibly the android media boxes but I haven't tried that one yet), 2) install spotify and download your playlist/albums, 3) use your main phone/tablet to play spotify on that device. Downside is that you'll have to manually select download in the old phone's spotify whenever you have new playlists,but it shouldn't be a problem if you're just adding more songs to an existing playlist. Another is that you need another phone to operate it, unless it's okay for you to manually control the old phone. And finally, you can still use lossless audio via Kodi app but storage will be a problem especially if your files are hi-res.
Yan ba yun parang "make available offline" yun music?

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 255
« Reply #5 on: Jul 15, 2017 at 05:48 AM »
^^ Yup, that's it.

It makes sense to get a head unit which has an AUX input, not necessarily CarPlay (ios) or Android Auto.

Offline accastil

• DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jul 18, 2017 at 07:49 PM »
very similar to what im currently doing. Kaya lang,  i intend to add hi res files hence memory capacity becomes an issue kung phone ang head unit.
im allan - 09178087173

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jul 18, 2017 at 11:57 PM »
very similar to what im currently doing. Kaya lang,  i intend to add hi res files hence memory capacity becomes an issue kung phone ang head unit.

By that you mean you also intend to use spotify to play your hi-res files?

Well if phone memory is an issue, there are mobile phones that has 128-256gb capacities which may also support an additional SD card of high capacity too.

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 600
« Reply #8 on: Jul 19, 2017 at 06:37 AM »
By that you mean you also intend to use spotify to play your hi-res files?

Well if phone memory is an issue, there are mobile phones that has 128-256gb capacities which may also support an additional SD card of high capacity too.

Powered OTG cable pwede din, hooked up to a hard drive. I don't use Spotify so I'm not 100% sure, but I suppose it can use the OTG storage as long as the volume is mounted.
« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2017 at 06:43 AM by Stagea »

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jul 19, 2017 at 04:28 PM »
Powered OTG cable pwede din, hooked up to a hard drive. I don't use Spotify so I'm not 100% sure, but I suppose it can use the OTG storage as long as the volume is mounted.

Oo nga. Daming options din sa smart phone. I remember may 3.5mm digital output din ang LG if you want to use an external DAC.

Offline alvinbaronsia

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jul 19, 2017 at 11:19 PM »

Do you have a wifi router? Most routers have a USB input which you can use as a DLNA server.

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jul 20, 2017 at 12:18 PM »

Oo nga. Daming options din sa smart phone. I remember may 3.5mm digital output din ang LG if you want to use an external DAC.

Never heard of that. Alam ko meron sila yung HiFi Plus sa G5.

Marami mga android USB DAC, madalas lang spotty ang software support for high res with external DACs. Magaganda na naman internal DACs ng current flagships, since last year meron na din mga may native support for PCM 32/384 and DSD256.

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20

Offline accastil

• DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jul 20, 2017 at 09:37 PM »
Has anyone already tried aptx hd bluetooth on spotify or any hd music streaming?
im allan - 09178087173

Offline alvinbaronsia

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jul 25, 2017 at 02:18 PM »
Has anyone already tried aptx hd bluetooth on spotify or any hd music streaming?

Based on my cars with APTX, and another without, I would say that APTX with Spotify is slightly better, in terms of clarity, but still congested. But if you're happy with normal bluetooth and spotify, you'll be happier with APTX.

Haven't tried Tidal, but I assume it would be the same as with lossless audio; but I think it would be a waste to listen to it over bluetooth.

Offline Blackstar

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • DVD Guru
  • Generals gathered in their masses...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1545
« Reply #15 on: Jul 25, 2017 at 07:03 PM »
It says on my Spotify that the "Extreme" quality of streaming is equivalent to 320 kbit/s. Is that standard hi def audio quality? And is it the same "Extreme" quality when you download it and make it available offline? It does not say in the Download settings. Also, is there a software that will allow you to save them on your hdd/storage?
Music made me who I am today.

Offline accastil

• DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Jul 25, 2017 at 07:59 PM »
Based on my cars with APTX, and another without, I would say that APTX with Spotify is slightly better, in terms of clarity, but still congested. But if you're happy with normal bluetooth and spotify, you'll be happier with APTX.

Haven't tried Tidal, but I assume it would be the same as with lossless audio; but I think it would be a waste to listen to it over bluetooth.

have compared aptx with non aptx mobile phone streaming wifi to a hifi system and the improvement is significant... It has gotten me curious how aptx hd would sound. Lg g5 and g6 already has the inboard chip but no available bt receiver dac yet.  Arcam or astrel and kern would pilot this, i hope
im allan - 09178087173

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Jul 26, 2017 at 04:07 AM »
have compared aptx with non aptx mobile phone streaming wifi to a hifi system and the improvement is significant... It has gotten me curious how aptx hd would sound. Lg g5 and g6 already has the inboard chip but no available bt receiver dac yet.  Arcam or astrel and kern would pilot this, i hope

Are you talking about MQA over BT? MQA is not a supported Bluetooth codec.

As for AptX-HD receivers, yeah... it's still to be available.

« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2017 at 04:27 AM by Stagea »

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Jul 26, 2017 at 04:19 AM »
It says on my Spotify that the "Extreme" quality of streaming is equivalent to 320 kbit/s. Is that standard hi def audio quality? And is it the same "Extreme" quality when you download it and make it available offline? It does not say in the Download settings. Also, is there a software that will allow you to save them on your hdd/storage?

That is standard resolution. Spotify uses OGG and MP3. The latter limits them to a max of a lossy 16/48.

The boundary between standard resolution and high resolution audio is blurred, however. There is a lossy format with similar bitrate that claims to be high resolution; that is MQA (master quality authenticated). Tidal uses this format.
http://www.mqa.co.uk/

Offline alvinbaronsia

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Jul 26, 2017 at 12:36 PM »

Yes, extreme streaming and download files are both 320kbit, or around 8MB a track. This is not yet the definition of Hi-Res Audio, as that is mostly taken as higher than CD quality. The 24/192 albums I bought in HDtracks are around 5Mbps, and a single track is around 300MB. For downloading, there should be a "switch" in the playlist/album to download so you don't need to stream it all the time.

That is standard resolution. Spotify uses OGG and MP3. The latter limits them to a max of a lossy 16/48.

The boundary between standard resolution and high resolution audio is blurred, however. There is a lossy format with similar bitrate that claims to be high resolution; that is MQA (master quality authenticated). Tidal uses this format.
http://www.mqa.co.uk/

Tidal by default is mostly lossless CD quality; Tidal masters (MQA) is only for home use for now, you either need the windows/mac application or an MQA certified network streamer.

Have you heard Sony's LDAC? I find it way way better than Aptx, unfortunately, nobody owns Sony phones and walkmen!

Offline accastil

• DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Jul 26, 2017 at 08:58 PM »
Not familiar with ldac.  Is this another bt codec algorithm?
im allan - 09178087173

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Jul 27, 2017 at 07:12 AM »
Not familiar with ldac.  Is this another bt codec algorithm?
Yeah, like Qualcomm's AptX HD and Samsung's UHQA. Sony's LDAC is higher bitrate however, at upto 990 kbps versus the competition's 576 kbps.

Offline Blackstar

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • DVD Guru
  • Generals gathered in their masses...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1545
« Reply #22 on: Jul 27, 2017 at 02:52 PM »
Yeah, like Qualcomm's AptX HD and Samsung's UHQA. Sony's LDAC is higher bitrate however, at upto 990 kbps versus the competition's 576 kbps.
The Sony MDR 1000X has LDAC. With Spotify's 320 kbps "Extreme" quality, I guess I am not able to optimize it's LDAC technology. :(
Music made me who I am today.

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Jul 27, 2017 at 08:43 PM »
The Sony MDR 1000X has LDAC. With Spotify's 320 kbps "Extreme" quality, I guess I am not able to optimize it's LDAC technology. :(
Android O is expected to have built in support for it (like AptX HD). This should make those Sony headphones work in LDAC mode even with non-Sony handsets.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk