Author Topic: DHL Customs Tax and Service Fee  (Read 23180 times)

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
Re: DHL Customs Tax and Service Fee
« Reply #30 on: Nov 28, 2017 at 07:42 PM »
PHLPost also charges storage fee (P112/package) pero sobra naman sa DHL:

min. P664.38 for 1st 3 days, then (number of days x 2.64 x weight ) + VAT
raket!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
toy

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #31 on: Nov 28, 2017 at 08:52 PM »
Taga sila sa individual walk in clients. Pero pag corporate iba na presyuhan nila. Siguro yun mga paisa isa doon ang pambawi nila to make more. I still remember nag parating ako tool from germany, yun siningil na tax ni dhl ay more than the shipping hhaha

Offline dv187736

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #32 on: Nov 28, 2017 at 09:30 PM »
I used DHL only once. They're not transparent with fees and additional charges. Never used them again. Avoid if possible.

Offline Arulco

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 688
« Reply #33 on: Nov 29, 2017 at 03:50 PM »
May in-transit akong package sa DHL ngayon. Ilang araw nang "clearance delay" sa customs yung tracking updates. Ano kaya ang problema? Worth 2.5K lang naman yung item including shipping. May congestion kaya dahil peak season?

Offline t-bone

• Trade Count: (+242)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 574
« Reply #34 on: Nov 29, 2017 at 05:38 PM »
Samsung 65"
Denon 3808
Apogee speakers

Offline brutalpanda

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Dec 05, 2017 at 03:12 PM »
Just to update everyone. I already received my item.

Surprisingly, no fees at all and DHL delivered right to my doorstep in just one day from leaving Hong Kong. I'm not sure if this was because the Kickstarter vendor was smart enough to put a deflated value ($30 instead of $119) for the item though.

TLDR: No fees, Received great and fast service from DHL.
Honest Movie Reviews:
http://www.reeladvice.net

Offline dencio105

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 205
« Reply #36 on: Dec 19, 2017 at 01:06 PM »
UPS finally answered- their response is similar to FedEx's. In practice, both companies observe the 6-item/optical media exemption. Here is the OMB circular I mentioned above:

DHL also responded and acknowleged the circular I provided. They are now awaiting OMB's go ahead signal after forwarding the same circular which originally came from OMB.  ::) ::)

Bureaucracy at its finest!!!

Please give us an update on your shipment. Interested on what will be the result since I am in the same predicament http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,216226.0/topicseen.html. Good thing sir oznola pointed out this thread and I just sent an email to DHL regarding the exception.

Offline edwn1220

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • DVD Guru
  • In & Out
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 474
« Reply #37 on: Dec 21, 2017 at 07:47 AM »
You'd be better off if you will contact Amazon UK.

After DHL referred the circular I was able to secure to OMB, they insisted on the clearance submission. I declined to do so since this would mean I will have to pay for DHL services to obtain the clearance, aside from the storage fee and whatever concocted additional charges they can think of. Knowing fully well that Phlpost doesn't ask for one (and later on verified this with FedEx and UPS as well), I refuse to become a willing victim to this obvious racket.

Reach out to Amazon and tell them that you are having difficulty retrieving your package from DHL. In my case, I let them know that I had a bad experience with this courier in the past. Amazon offered a replacement at this point, but I told them that I would gladly accept it as long as  they would not send it via DHL again. The customer service associate cannot guarantee that this will happen since their dispatch team uses carriers depending on their availability and the fulfillment center/s where the BDs will come from. Nevertheless, I politely insisted on choosing Royal Mail or any other ordinary couriers offering standard international shipping which I opted in the first place.

After three days, I received my BDs via UPS. Problem solved ;D

Btw, don't worry about your held up package; under their terms and conditions, DHL has an obligation to return it to Amazon, unless BOC declares abandonment.
Frans hominum ad perniciem, et integritas ad salutem, vocat.

Offline dencio105

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Dec 21, 2017 at 11:51 AM »

After DHL referred the circular I was able to secure to OMB, they insisted on the clearance submission. I declined to do so since this would mean I will have to pay for DHL services to obtain the clearance, aside from the storage fee and whatever concocted additional charges they can think of. Knowing fully well that Phlpost doesn't ask for one (and later on verified this with FedEx and UPS as well), I refuse to become a willing victim to this obvious racket.

Reach out to Amazon and tell them that you are having difficulty retrieving your package from DHL. In my case, I let them know that I had a bad experience with this courier in the past. Amazon offered a replacement at this point, but I told them that I would gladly accept it as long as  they would not send it via DHL again. The customer service associate cannot guarantee that this will happen since their dispatch team uses carriers depending on their availability and the fulfillment center/s where the BDs will come from. Nevertheless, I politely insisted on choosing Royal Mail or any other ordinary couriers offering standard international shipping which I opted in the first place.

Btw, don't worry about your held up package; under their terms and conditions, DHL has an obligation to return it to Amazon, unless BOC declares abandonment.

Thanks for the heads up bro! Will contact Amazon UK and inform them of my predicament.

Offline Frankthetank

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Collector
  • Just started my HT journey.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 79
« Reply #39 on: Dec 21, 2017 at 02:02 PM »
Oh man, after reading from this thread nagdalawang isip na tuloy ako kung oorderin ko itong one of my dream bass:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/gl-tribute-m2500-5-string-electric-bass

They ship to Pinas, kaso I found out that their shipping partners uses DHL.

Baka mataga ako sa customs tax nito...

Hayyss hanggang pangarap na lang talaga magkaroon ng bass guitar na yan.

Offline rochie

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Dec 21, 2017 at 02:38 PM »
Oh man, after reading from this thread nagdalawang isip na tuloy ako kung oorderin ko itong one of my dream bass:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/gl-tribute-m2500-5-string-electric-bass

They ship to Pinas, kaso I found out that their shipping partners uses DHL.

Baka mataga ako sa customs tax nito...

Hayyss hanggang pangarap na lang talaga magkaroon ng bass guitar na yan.

deliver it to shipping cart address in the US, then ship it to your home door to door. kung malaki, sea-freight para medyo mura ng konti matatagalan lang but 100% sure no tax.
I've order some multi efx(line6) lastyear from ebay and shipped it to my shippingcart address w/o ano hitch.

Offline Frankthetank

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Dec 21, 2017 at 03:18 PM »
deliver it to shipping cart address in the US, then ship it to your home door to door. kung malaki, sea-freight para medyo mura ng konti matatagalan lang but 100% sure no tax.
I've order some multi efx(line6) lastyear from ebay and shipped it to my shippingcart address w/o ano hitch.

Option ko nga din ang gumamit ng forwarder, kaso ang worry ko baka ihagis hagis lang at ma-mishandle. Someday siguro pag nagpunta ako ng Indonesia baka dun na ako bumili.

Offline rochie

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Dec 21, 2017 at 03:40 PM »
Option ko nga din ang gumamit ng forwarder, kaso ang worry ko baka ihagis hagis lang at ma-mishandle. Someday siguro pag nagpunta ako ng Indonesia baka dun na ako bumili.

I bought tubes and shipped via forwarder, so far wala namang nabasag nung dumating sa akin.

Offline Frankthetank

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Dec 21, 2017 at 03:51 PM »
I bought tubes and shipped via forwarder, so far wala namang nabasag nung dumating sa akin.
that's nice, shippingcart ba yan? via sea or air?

Offline rochie

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Dec 21, 2017 at 04:52 PM »
that's nice, shippingcart ba yan? via sea or air?

via air pag magagaan lang,but yung line6 na multi efx ko dati pina seafreight ko together with some headphone amp and dac/psu kasi mabigat.

Offline Frankthetank

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Dec 21, 2017 at 05:53 PM »
via air pag magagaan lang,but yung line6 na multi efx ko dati pina seafreight ko together with some headphone amp and dac/psu kasi mabigat.
Thanks sir, might consider it again and weigh my options.

Offline dencio105

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Feb 01, 2018 at 03:15 PM »

Thanks for the heads up bro! Will contact Amazon UK and inform them of my predicament.
Just want to share my update on this: I agreed to apply for the OMB clearance as suggested by DHL and gave them authorization to secure the said clearance from the OMB so that they can withdraw the package from Customs. They said that they will do this for a minimum charge of only P150.00 so I said go, rather go through the trouble of going to the OMD. Now the sad part, when my package was finally delivered and DHL was charging me P1,017.18 which includes storage fees for a single blu ray disc allegedly charged by customs but without any proof! Since the package was already in front of me I decided to just pay and charge it to experience which resulted in me rethinking of my practice of buying blu ray discs from Amazon UK. I thought I should have heeded the advice of edwn1220 to just contact Amazon UK and let DHL handle the problem of my package.

After some time I decided to contact Amazon UK through their chat feature and relayed to them what happened to my last order. The guy on the other end was very accommodating and said that what happened was very unusual and that he will check on the courier. He also refunded the full amount of GBP22.37 that I paid for the BD.

I ended up paying just the P1,017.18 for the BD which is a lot lesser than the purchased price of GBP22.37.
« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2018 at 03:27 PM by dencio105 »

Offline elim

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #47 on: Feb 10, 2018 at 09:29 AM »
Guys ordering something from ali express. The only options are via dhl and ems. Which one is better?
i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee319/ielim/Faithful%20Sound%20brands%202_zpsttoewu3h.jpg

Offline tony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Enjoy the hobby and be happy always!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7152
« Reply #48 on: Feb 10, 2018 at 10:39 AM »
i got a shipment from hong kong yesterday delivered by UPS, wala akong binayran kahit singkong duling, it took just three days from when i was notified till the item was delivered to me, chinese new year pa yan....

sadly with AIr21/ and DHL, me mga binayaran ako....sucks...
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....

Offline elim

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Feb 10, 2018 at 10:42 AM »
Or fedex?
i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee319/ielim/Faithful%20Sound%20brands%202_zpsttoewu3h.jpg

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Feb 10, 2018 at 10:42 AM »
Guys ordering something from ali express. The only options are via dhl and ems. Which one is better?

i ordered stuff from them thru the postal system, if you do this, get a tracking number so you know where your package is on a day to day service,
minsan naunahan pa ang notice from our local customs office,
i just show them the tracking number and that also makes it easy for them..
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Feb 10, 2018 at 10:45 AM »
Or fedex?

fedex is air21 here, many years ago i imported heatsinks from conrad engineering in australia, i paid for all the shipping and goods payments,
here came air21, asking for more than 3k pesos, i had to pay...
next, i ordered some sockets from china, again air21 charged me 600+ pesos.....fed up, i gave up on Fedex...

Offline elim

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Feb 10, 2018 at 10:57 AM »
Also anyone encountered ali express premium shipping? Meron taxes etc?

Offline elim

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Feb 10, 2018 at 10:58 AM »
Thanks for the feedback tony. So no fedex. With ems did you pay for anything extra?

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Feb 10, 2018 at 10:59 AM »
for out local customs, 110 pesos, but my large shipment of tubes from the US, i paid 500 pesos, which is not so hard naman...

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #55 on: Feb 10, 2018 at 11:50 AM »
mag postal ka na lang , konting wait

watch out for commercial quintity restrictions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
toy

Offline elim

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Feb 10, 2018 at 03:08 PM »
Planning to buy an android head unit for my car. Mga less than 20k. For sure meron taxes, just want the least possible damage hehe

Offline CoolTOYZPH

• Trade Count: (+166)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Break-in done... time to enjoy the music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 73
« Reply #57 on: Feb 10, 2018 at 03:53 PM »
@elim why not Johnny Air? Less risks.
Where is the Love? BEP

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1431
« Reply #58 on: Feb 10, 2018 at 04:11 PM »
Planning to buy an android head unit for my car. Mga less than 20k. For sure meron taxes, just want the least possible damage hehe

From where? My-shopping box has been consistent with my shipments so far.

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #59 on: Feb 14, 2018 at 04:34 AM »
Magandang negosyo yan ah,
ipunin ko ang order then ship via sea freight,...  >:D