Author Topic: DHL Customs Tax and Service Fee  (Read 23182 times)

Offline tony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Enjoy the hobby and be happy always!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7152
Re: DHL Customs Tax and Service Fee
« Reply #60 on: Feb 14, 2018 at 07:18 AM »
Ben Cadiz who is based in Reno, Nevada is a picker of audio gears and speakers, and regularly sends stuff to the philippines...Ben is in FB, vynil gourmet page and many others...
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #61 on: Feb 14, 2018 at 07:57 AM »
And my name is Ben as well 🤣

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Feb 14, 2018 at 09:10 AM »
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....

Offline elim

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #63 on: Feb 14, 2018 at 09:21 AM »
thanks for the feedback guys. It's coming from china via aliexpress. Sayang nga eh would have preferred it from the US kahit na mas mahal shipping at least no surprises. 
i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee319/ielim/Faithful%20Sound%20brands%202_zpsttoewu3h.jpg

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Feb 14, 2018 at 01:21 PM »
always get your tracking number so you know the status on a day to day basis..

Offline elim

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #65 on: Feb 14, 2018 at 02:47 PM »
took the leap and tried via ali express premium shipping. Will do Tony, balitaan ko kayo what the damage will be. Thanks again to everyone.
i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee319/ielim/Faithful%20Sound%20brands%202_zpsttoewu3h.jpg

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1431
« Reply #66 on: Mar 29, 2023 at 12:06 PM »
Ordered an item from London last Saturday. was curious (and wanted to gamble :D ). The shipment was made via DHL and is out for delivery today.

Tax = PHP 4585.76

sakit. that's on top of the 4K shipping fee. the item i bought costs 20K. overall, mas mura pa din by at least 5K compared to how much the item is being sold locally.

will not do it again :)

Offline alvinbaronsia

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • I'm new here! Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #67 on: Mar 29, 2023 at 03:11 PM »
Ordered an item from London last Saturday. was curious (and wanted to gamble :D ). The shipment was made via DHL and is out for delivery today.

Tax = PHP 4585.76

sakit. that's on top of the 4K shipping fee. the item i bought costs 20K. overall, mas mura pa din by at least 5K compared to how much the item is being sold locally.

why not use shippingcart? although you'll need to pay uk sales tax, i assume it's still cheaper than PH customs tax which includes shipping cost plus vat.

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Mar 29, 2023 at 03:34 PM »
^as mentioned, i was curious how it will go. i would have opted for shippingcart and similar services but wanted to test the waters going direct.

when i initially computed for tax, it was around 3k+ and was good with that. there were additional charges lang si DHL kaya umabot 4k+.

may kausap nga din ako na pasabuy kaso June pa uwi. that would set me back around 3k lang yata but i didn't have the patience to wait 😁

Offline alvinbaronsia

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Mar 29, 2023 at 04:04 PM »
when i initially computed for tax, it was around 3k+ and was good with that. there were additional charges lang si DHL kaya umabot 4k+.
I see. Good that it's only a thousand more than expected. I only go for direct when the seller includes customs charges so no more surprises. There have been cases where I had to argue with the customs officer and was forced to "haggle".

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Mar 29, 2023 at 04:13 PM »
^yeah, if it was gonna be going through the post office, hindi ko na itutuloy at all. yung dapat na 12% tax will be dependent sa sarili nilang interpretion.

below is the breakdown:

Offline alvinbaronsia

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Mar 29, 2023 at 05:20 PM »
It was with Fedex and DHL actually. The assigned customs officers were using the incorrect code e.g. motorcycle parts were 4% at the time, and they calculated 20% for a non-motorcycle code. Fedex/DHL refers me to the customs officer, and in the cases where I couldn't convince them of the correct code, they would accept the code and ask for a handling fee.

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 854
« Reply #72 on: Mar 29, 2023 at 05:45 PM »

Tax = PHP 4585.76

Hulaan ko Bro Oz...Goodies for the scooter?
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Pipo_1925

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 98
« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2023 at 10:15 AM »

Tax = PHP 4585.76

Bro, online ka nagbayad?

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2023 at 10:42 AM »

Offline Pipo_1925

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 98
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2023 at 10:44 AM »
yes

Thanks bro. Much better bayaran ko online kaysa iaabot ko sa mag deliver.

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Feb 07, 2024 at 06:43 AM »
why not use shippingcart? although you'll need to pay uk sales tax, i assume it's still cheaper than PH customs tax which includes shipping cost plus vat.

tried this na on an order i made the other day. mabilis naman sila mag process once ma-receive yung package. i got confirmation that the order is already on it's way after paying. less than half a day lang after paying the shipping cost na move na nila yung package.

ordered a helmet that costed £235.00. The shipping cost was at $35 via sea with $300 declared value. na discount pa yung shipping when i used a voucher code na para sa HSBC :D and i used BPI cc.

how long does shippingcart take normally pag via sea? estimate kasi is May 16, 2024 pa.

Offline radiohead

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Feb 07, 2024 at 09:44 AM »
tried this na on an order i made the other day. mabilis naman sila mag process once ma-receive yung package. i got confirmation that the order is already on it's way after paying. less than half a day lang after paying the shipping cost na move na nila yung package.

ordered a helmet that costed £235.00. The shipping cost was at $35 via sea with $300 declared value. na discount pa yung shipping when i used a voucher code na para sa HSBC :D and i used BPI cc.

how long does shippingcart take normally pag via sea? estimate kasi is May 16, 2024 pa.

Sea Cargo usually takes 30-45 days from my experience. How big/heavy is that helmet boss? Parang $35 for a small item (i assume) is expensive for sea cargo? Unless packaging is big and heavy. Check out Buy and Ship as an alternative to shipping cart boss.

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Feb 07, 2024 at 10:24 AM »

Offline alvinbaronsia

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Feb 07, 2024 at 10:47 AM »

If UK, usually mga 2-3 months, but I'm not sure if masmabilis na ngayon. Last time I used UK sea was during mid pandemic era.

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Feb 15, 2024 at 09:44 PM »
ang tagal!!!!

02/15/2024 01:05:14   Received at LBC Warehouse : LBC Express Inc. - UK Wembley
02/08/2024 07:04:19   Your shipment has been accepted by our forwarding partner.
02/08/2024 07:04:09   Your shipment has been accepted by our forwarding partner.
02/07/2024 00:20:09   Your shipment is packed and will be handed over to our forwarding partner.