Author Topic: Magnavision / Disney Home video Distribution Dispute  (Read 2762 times)

Offline DVD Emman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I'm new here! Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Magnavision / Disney Home video Distribution Dispute
« on: Nov 07, 2017 at 03:38 PM »
Last year I want to Purchase a DVD copy of Finding Dory, when I come to Oddysey or Astro Vision, I found nothing in the store aisle. Then I send a message to Magnavision Home Video Facebook page about what happened to new Disney DVD titles (including Marvel and starwars movies) not releasing it to stores, then Magnavision responded that there also concern about why Disney doesn't distribute Home video DVD and Blu-ray in our country. And I wondered that this is the case of a Distribution Dispute between the Film Studio and Home Video Distributor.
Disney Joined Magnavision  in 2014 to release Frozen DVD after the former Distributor Viva Home Video expired their Distribution rights.
Will Disney finally Agree to Magnavision if they settled and agreement to sell Disney DVD again or go to return to Viva?

Offline t-bone

• Trade Count: (+242)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 574
Re: Magnavision / Disney Home video Distribution Dispute
« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2017 at 04:03 PM »
While Magnavision and Viva fight, Amazon and the Downloads win  ::)
Samsung 65"
Denon 3808
Apogee speakers

Online jas

• Trade Count: (+425)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1225
Re: Magnavision / Disney Home video Distribution Dispute
« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2017 at 04:17 PM »
^  Yup, this dispute seems moot at this point as brick & mortar video stores are going extinct. The local market for physical DVDs & BDs have sharply declined & many video stores are closing down. Most remaining physical media collectors source online instead.