Author Topic: Superstore  (Read 433 times)

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
Superstore
« on: Apr 24, 2018 at 06:57 PM »

Anyone watching this? Been watching this since it started in 2015, and it's one of the few sitcoms that I still currently watch, about the quirky staff of a big box store. America Ferrara and Ben Feldman are the leads of this 30-minute comedy, with America also credited as co-producer. Both America Ferrara and Ben Feldman have also directed episodes of the sitcom.

Also included in the main cast is a Pinoy--Nico Santos, who plays Mateo Liwanag, a gay employee who's also an illegal alien; during the Olympics Special episode that aired in 2016, he was talking fluent Tagalog to his Lola on a mobile phone, which is how he discovered he was an illegal alien. Nico, who's gay in real life, will also be seen in the upcoming film Crazy Rich Asians, which will open in August 2018.

Superstore has been renewed by NBC for a 22-episode 4th season that will air in September 2018.

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 216
Re: Superstore
« Reply #1 on: Apr 24, 2018 at 07:04 PM »
Been curious about it since the clip of Nico Santos calling his grandmother in fluent Tagalog went viral. will look this up.

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #2 on: Apr 24, 2018 at 11:26 PM »
Been curious about it since the clip of Nico Santos calling his grandmother in fluent Tagalog went viral. will look this up.

I had low expectations when I first started watching it 3 years ago, but it's actually pretty hilarious at times ... and I was drawn to the series because of the setting--I love big box stores, heh.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #3 on: Apr 30, 2018 at 08:11 PM »
One of my favorite sitcoms. You can feel the creator's "The Office" pedigree.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...