Author Topic: Need suggestion for entry level atmos-capable receiver  (Read 1076 times)

Offline sidewinder

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 27
Need suggestion for entry level atmos-capable receiver
« on: Sep 17, 2018 at 12:51 PM »
Hi guys, i have not upgraded my 5.1 setup on wharfedale speakers for more than 5 years now and just recently managed to squeeze some space in my room in our apartment to accommodate a full setup and would like to go the atmos route already... I really dont want to splurge on top-of-the-line receivers so an entry level one will do as long as its atmos to take advantage of my media sources and materials... so far from asking in stores the following models are available locally, yamaha v581/583, denon x1300w, denon x1500h/x1400h, and onkyo tr 686 at 42k

The onkyo seems over my budget of 30-35k.. any other suggestions or any good buy with the ones i have mentioned? I'm open to suggestion and willing to buy from amazon etc and have it shipped here, my polk audio magnifi mini is still working wonders so i can be patient somehow hehe

Also is it ok to buy my speakers after i chose the receiver or its the other way around? thanks in advance :)
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2018 at 12:53 PM by sidewinder »

Offline zram18

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Need suggestion for entry level atmos-capable receiver
« Reply #1 on: Sep 17, 2018 at 05:11 PM »
try pioneer receiver best value for money

Offline LoBudget

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Keep low, move fast...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: Sep 17, 2018 at 08:32 PM »
Your best bet in that price range is the x1400h, though some stores say they can try to source remaining x1300h. Probably wait till the Christmas promos kick in when they try to ditch these older units.

Offline czarsky

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #3 on: Sep 17, 2018 at 08:51 PM »
If you don’t mind refurbished units, you can check available units from Sir Kelly aka electrohaus . . .

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,98784.0.html
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2018 at 08:56 PM by czarsky »
thanks!
czarsky