Author Topic: Yamaha RX v585 or Denon X1500H  (Read 1671 times)

Offline sidewinder

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 27
Yamaha RX v585 or Denon X1500H
« on: Sep 26, 2018 at 02:27 PM »
I plan to get either one of these - Yamaha RX V585 or Denon X1500H, they seem to be on par specs wise, any issue or something that puts one better over the other in terms of specs i might have missed?
i plan  to use it with the wharfedale diamond 220 series speakers, but i havent bought the speakers too, starting from scratch so if you guys have any suggestions, will very much appreciate it :)
Right now i'm leaning a bit to the denon because it has airplay 2 supported right away and its stated sa site nila, with Yamaha no update yet if it will get airplay 2...
« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2018 at 02:28 PM by sidewinder »

Offline davidson

• Trade Count: (+193)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: Yamaha RX v585 or Denon X1500H
« Reply #1 on: Sep 26, 2018 at 02:37 PM »
Not an audio expert, but from what I researched when building my HT, Wharfedale goes great with a Yamaha receiver. Something to do with the Yamaha sound being bright and the Wharfedale being warm so they are a match. I am also using the Wharfedale 200 series with my Yamaha rx-v583 they sound great to me. Denon from what I remember is a warm sounding receiver. I may be wrong though.

Offline sidewinder

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Sep 26, 2018 at 02:42 PM »
^thanks sir for the advice, from what i read naman Yamaha is "warm" sounding din pero the yamaha+wharfedale combo seems to be well recommended... unfortunately cant demo them both since separate stores yung meron ng speaker and yamaha, but with the denon i think puede... I'm coming from a wharfedale diamond series 9 pa and pioneer setup sa house more than 7 years ago pa so really need to catch up again as i set up sa small room ko... tama ba sir no update yet on airplay 2 with the yamaha?

Offline davidson

• Trade Count: (+193)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #3 on: Sep 26, 2018 at 02:47 PM »
tama ba sir no update yet on airplay 2 with the yamaha?

Yup wala pa din ito sa Yamaha sir.

Offline mhacman

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 129
« Reply #4 on: Sep 26, 2018 at 02:58 PM »
I have read no updates yet with airplay 2 on the yammy's.  they're usually late with updating technologies i.e. their DAC is still burr-brown.  no offense with Yamaha on this regard.  I would also think you may recycle your wharfe 9's with the rx-v585 if you so decide to go this route.

as for Denon, DAC now is AKM since 2017 models and it has phono MM for 2018 models, airplay 2, 6 HDMI inputs, among others.  if you could source a lowered-priced for x1400H, I think they will roll-out a airplay2 update with their 2017 AVRs as well.

good luck with your choice & purchase, sir!

Offline sidewinder

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Sep 26, 2018 at 03:06 PM »
^thanks sir :) with the AKM DAC sir does this also give them sort of an edge when it comes to music at least generally speaking? cant find anymore the x1400h sir eh, puro X1500H na medyo kaya pa naman mag squeeze ng konti sa budget to get it, mas mahal sya konti sa Yamaha in terms of srp, mga around 4k.. the airplay2 is quite a big deal for me since i have several apple devices, and matatagalan na naman for sure before i get a new receiver, might as well get all the latest features that my budget will allow... i realized though i have an airport express lying around i could recycle it as airplay 2 access point and connect it to a receiver, but this entails another gadget running instead of built-in...

Offline mhacman

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 129
« Reply #6 on: Sep 26, 2018 at 05:10 PM »
^ yes, sir.  as I'v used burr-brown DAC built-in from older AVR's before and I got a perception (untrained hearing) of better musical range on AKM/s =) see reviews for AKM's and the audio manufacturers that currently has utilized them.

best to audition for yourself, sir... and bring your wharfe 9's hehehe if it's not an inconvenience at all =)

Offline bogart.2006

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1869
« Reply #7 on: Sep 27, 2018 at 08:52 AM »
another thing to consider with Denon is the lack of support after a certain number of years.  apparently, they stop making parts for receivers that are a certain age.  mine was released October 2012, wala ng parts

Offline sidewinder

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Sep 27, 2018 at 08:55 AM »
^thanks bro, that’s indeed worth considering seeing these receivers are good for a lot of years... also would like to ask any shops that have demos of atmos receivers, yung naka setup din talaga yung atmos speakers nila? Many thanks :)