Author Topic: Inquiry for quitting 5.1 HT set-up  (Read 1531 times)

Offline reignman

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Inquiry for quitting 5.1 HT set-up
« on: Oct 27, 2018 at 12:41 PM »
Hi guys! I would just like to inquire how much in terms of value I can dispose of my current HT set-up in our condo. These hasn’t been used much due to strict rules in playing loud music. In as much as I would like to post it outright in marketplace I can’t since I really don’t have an idea of how much. I hope to hear from anyone familiar.

Below is the breakdown:

Front - TSi300
Center - CS10
Surround - TSi100
Sub - US Audio 508
Receiver - Pioneer VSX-521

Thanks so much in advance and I hope it merits your valuable time for response!

Offline mhacman

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 129
Re: Inquiry for quitting 5.1 HT set-up
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2018 at 11:57 AM »
for speakers/sub, perhaps 70% of their SRP when you acquired them.  regardless if locally branded like US Audio

for AVR, depending on its features.  if it has the current audio codecs, 4K/HDR & the likes or still future proof of its features, 80-90% of your acquired price.  otherwise, sell it 50-60%.

that's how I see it, to be fair on you and the buyer.  but if you really need to pass it on quickly, then by all means, sell them all half their prices.

HTH! good luck on the sale of your beloved gears, sir!

Offline JeromeA

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I am not in danger, I am the Danger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 305
« Reply #2 on: Oct 28, 2018 at 12:06 PM »
yung speakers mo bro you can sell them in a good price. yung receiver mo i package mo nalang kasi hindi pa sya 4k ready baka mahirapan ka. but it dpends on the condition. bakit naman iiwan mo na ang hobby mo? sayang

Offline reignman

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Oct 28, 2018 at 12:13 PM »
for speakers/sub, perhaps 70% of their SRP when you acquired them.  regardless if locally branded like US Audio

for AVR, depending on its features.  if it has the current audio codecs, 4K/HDR & the likes or still future proof of its features, 80-90% of your acquired price.  otherwise, sell it 50-60%.

that's how I see it, to be fair on you and the buyer.  but if you really need to pass it on quickly, then by all means, sell them all half their prices.

HTH! good luck on the sale of your beloved gears, sir!

Thanks for the response bro! Appreciate it!

Offline reignman

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Oct 28, 2018 at 12:20 PM »
yung speakers mo bro you can sell them in a good price. yung receiver mo i package mo nalang kasi hindi pa sya 4k ready baka mahirapan ka. but it dpends on the condition. bakit naman iiwan mo na ang hobby mo? sayang

Thanks for replying! It’s really hard for me to let go of these but our condo will undergo interior fitting in a few months and having the bulk of the speakers negates available space. Also, I wasn’t able to maximize it being mostly out due to work commitments as well as the restrictions in the condo. I would honestly say that these speakers really hasn’t been abused hence my difficulty in pricing them. Agree with the receiver as it’s no longer up to date in terms of technology.

Thanks and really appreciate the advice!