Author Topic: Sansui Amplifiers  (Read 110158 times)

Offline parasmi

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • i'm D-E-A-F !!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Sansui Amplifiers
« Reply #180 on: Jan 14, 2013 at 09:09 PM »
^
not a guru hear but the former would be your best choice :)

Offline nbc

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #181 on: Jan 22, 2013 at 08:51 PM »
Very happy... for the past 3 weeks, i have been bidding on ebay for a nice Sansui amp.

Then, I thought, why not look for the amp that my dad used to have. I asked my elder brothers what model it was and we found some pics and we saw that it was a Sansui 5000A.

Well, today, I bought a Sansui 5000 in very mint and clean condition from Rene Rivo. It sounded like how I remembered it to sound... big and full and very, very tube like. :)

One happy puppy, that's me. Now, everytime i play it, I will remember my Dad. :)

nbc
***Take a Walk on the Dark Side***

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #182 on: Jan 22, 2013 at 11:35 PM »
Very happy... for the past 3 weeks, i have been bidding on ebay for a nice Sansui amp.

Then, I thought, why not look for the amp that my dad used to have. I asked my elder brothers what model it was and we found some pics and we saw that it was a Sansui 5000A.

Well, today, I bought a Sansui 5000 in very mint and clean condition from Rene Rivo. It sounded like how I remembered it to sound... big and full and very, very tube like. :)

One happy puppy, that's me. Now, everytime i play it, I will remember my Dad. :)

nbc

congrats.....for sure that sansui makes you smile
Love me or hate me.....

Offline nbc

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #183 on: Jan 23, 2013 at 08:19 AM »
Here it is... :)

nbc

***Take a Walk on the Dark Side***

Offline Chato

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #184 on: Feb 25, 2013 at 10:04 PM »
R u intereested to sale sansui au 111 , if yes pl. quote your price , this chato my cell no 09178548481 , makati city

Offline Chato

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #185 on: Mar 04, 2013 at 08:25 PM »
Can any body want to sale sansui au 111 tube amp pl. text or call me . this chato 09178548481

Offline fentom

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #186 on: Mar 29, 2013 at 08:37 PM »
Mga sir I'm currently eying this amp. Sansui BA-150. To be used for casual listening lang sa bedroom. Ok po ba yun model na to?

Offline iamlistening

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #187 on: Mar 29, 2013 at 09:05 PM »
Mga sir I'm currently eying this amp. Sansui BA-150. To be used for casual listening lang sa bedroom. Ok po ba yun model na to?

Maayos yan. Malakas tumulak despite its size.

Offline Chain

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 138
« Reply #188 on: Mar 29, 2013 at 10:47 PM »
Happy Easter PDVD peeps!

Offline gienr

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #189 on: Mar 31, 2013 at 03:40 PM »
Mga sirs, ano ang masasabi nyo sa Sansui A9 at saka x501 ?  Some neighbors have these and maybe they would sell if offered.  Good ba mga ito?

Offline gienr

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #190 on: Apr 13, 2013 at 08:19 AM »
Haven"t heard that model brader, I recently had a sansui au d907g extra..boy this amp rocks. You need not spend a fortune to have an amp this good. Ganda, sound very clean, bass is adequate and never boomy. High end sound. I"m very happy with my purchase. Now I need to look for a 160wpc sansui. :)
Sir tormentor, how much will you sell your Sansui AU D907G extra?  Baka sakali lang, although I feel you will cling to it till many years pa.

Offline gienr

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #191 on: Apr 13, 2013 at 08:34 AM »
i would buy a 100V Jap amp at twice the price of the same model with 220V power supply. the AU series, especially Jap domestic models, have significantly superior parts than their international versions. bottom line: quality of surplus Jap amps is higher compared with those they sold to the international market.

some of the original technicians trained by Sansui Japan in the '80s (formerly with the Sansui service center in VV Soliven) were still around the last time i had one of my gear repaired, which was 10 years ago. i remember i saw one at a Virra Mall repair shop, and several were working in electronic service shops near the corner of Del Monte and Banawe. i just don't know if they're still there. 
     Sir Sandawa, why so you would say you would buy a japanese 100V amp twice the price of the same model with 220V power supply on the AU series, especially jap models?  Mine is a jap domestic model, same as you described, and lately, I am amazed at how some interested buyers in my place would offer to buy mine at a higher price which is way, way beyond my expectation.  For that reason alone, more so on the musicality it brings to my ears, and the way it brought life to my old speakers, I decided not to sell it yet in the immediate future.  Please elaborate Sir, I see in this forum that you are the guru for these Sansui amplifiers, thanks
« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2013 at 11:26 AM by gienr »

Offline vhinx

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • DVD Guru
  • Power BASS Sound'z!...
  • Liked:
« Reply #192 on: Apr 13, 2013 at 10:26 AM »
@gienr...

It means that Sansui's japanese AU series model are most used higher grade components/parts rather than international version/model...

I have (before) AU-D907F & AU-D11 now, these were the same circuit amplifier but different origin... I choosed D11 for great listening.
« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2013 at 10:30 AM by vhinx »
Vintagenthusiast!... Sansui-Pioneer-Marantz-Paradigm

Offline gienr

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #193 on: Apr 27, 2013 at 09:02 PM »
@gienr...

It means that Sansui's japanese AU series model are most used higher grade components/parts rather than international version/model...

I have (before) AU-D907F & AU-D11 now, these were the same circuit amplifier but different origin... I choosed D11 for great listening.
Sir Vhinx, for your AU D907F, what speakers did you use that pleases you the most?  I am using vintage speakers for my 907 but it seems lacking, parang may gustu pa akong hanapin na musicality and I think a good pair of speakers na hindi ko pa nadidiskubre ang dapat. 

Offline qguy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 54
« Reply #194 on: Apr 29, 2013 at 08:18 AM »
Nice !!!

nbc

nbc

Offline vhinx

• DVD Guru
  • Power BASS Sound'z!...
  • Liked:
« Reply #195 on: Apr 29, 2013 at 09:26 AM »
Sir Vhinx, for your AU D907F, what speakers did you use that pleases you the most?  I am using vintage speakers for my 907 but it seems lacking, parang may gustu pa akong hanapin na musicality and I think a good pair of speakers na hindi ko pa nadidiskubre ang dapat. 

Sir, I used Paradigm Phantom V1 for main front and FS Polk RTL for fast/louder soundstage... now, i'm trying to set up Infinity and Yamaha vintage speaker to my Sansui's series amps pero pag hindi din nag match e malamang dispatsa ko na.

What you mean lucking sir at ano po gamit mo speaker sa 907?... :)
« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2013 at 09:27 AM by vhinx »

Offline iamlistening

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #196 on: Apr 29, 2013 at 01:29 PM »

Sansui and vintage JBLs. Ok yun:)

Offline gienr

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #197 on: May 04, 2013 at 05:55 PM »
Sir, I used Paradigm Phantom V1 for main front and FS Polk RTL for fast/louder soundstage... now, i'm trying to set up Infinity and Yamaha vintage speaker to my Sansui's series amps pero pag hindi din nag match e malamang dispatsa ko na.

What you mean lucking sir at ano po gamit mo speaker sa 907?... :)
Ang gamit ko sir vhinx ay vintage pioneer 10" dia ang driver at 5" ang mid then with twitter, a 3way speaker sir.  Parang what I need is a 15" dia driver that will give me a complete bass effect.

Offline vhinx

• DVD Guru
  • Power BASS Sound'z!...
  • Liked:
« Reply #198 on: May 07, 2013 at 10:05 AM »
Ang gamit ko sir vhinx ay vintage pioneer 10" dia ang driver at 5" ang mid then with twitter, a 3way speaker sir.  Parang what I need is a 15" dia driver that will give me a complete bass effect.

I think is not the way bro, i also used Pioneer S-18xx 12" speaker before but it feels lock of bass too... I recommend used your existing speaker and add 10" to 12" active subwoofer for better bass response.

Offline douger

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #199 on: May 07, 2013 at 11:57 AM »

I've been happily using BA150 :)
its warm sounding characteristics is nicely paired with detailed sounding infinity

Offline alphaomega

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #200 on: May 20, 2013 at 10:02 PM »
Good day to all.
I was recently introduced to the Sansui sound and I have been hooked!
Just curious if you could lead me to other possible sources of Sansui gears.
Thanks!

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #201 on: May 20, 2013 at 10:06 PM »

nbc

Nice one parang yung nabili ko kay louie..
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline remington

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #202 on: May 27, 2013 at 11:08 AM »
Chanced upon a sansui 9090db yesterday on protection mode and I bought it cheap. upon inspecting madami pala nasunog na pyesa sa driver board assembly and meron din burned parts sa board underneath it dahil nabasa yung unit. baka may magandang loob na meron ganitong unit na sira and pwedeng bilihin yung driver board assembly lang. TIA!!!
tube + audio nirvana = beyond...

Offline Hammerheart

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • DVD Guru
  • Formerly known as tormentor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 35
« Reply #203 on: Jul 09, 2014 at 12:06 AM »
Buhayin ko lang. :)

Offline banesto

• Trade Count: (+81)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #204 on: Jul 09, 2014 at 08:46 AM »
Buhayin ko lang. :)
Picturan na yan para masilayan ko naman hehehe.

Offline Hammerheart

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • DVD Guru
  • Formerly known as tormentor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 35
« Reply #205 on: Jul 09, 2014 at 10:43 AM »
Hehe mamaya ka ernie. Set-up pa lang hehe

Offline banesto

• Trade Count: (+81)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #206 on: Jul 09, 2014 at 08:14 PM »
Pagbutihin mo set up hehe  :) :)

Offline AppleMan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Sansui Amplifiers
« Reply #207 on: Jul 20, 2014 at 04:42 AM »
Sabi ko na eh Kilala ang Sansui bilang SanSUNOG pero ok sya tumunog...
KEF Q100
NAD C326BEE

Offline darkangel69

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • | this guy is a music lover |
  • Liked:
« Reply #208 on: Jul 20, 2014 at 05:56 AM »
Chanced upon a sansui 9090db yesterday on protection mode and I bought it cheap. upon inspecting madami pala nasunog na pyesa sa driver board assembly and meron din burned parts sa board underneath it dahil nabasa yung unit. baka may magandang loob na meron ganitong unit na sira and pwedeng bilihin yung driver board assembly lang. TIA!!!

I've read from here and other forums that the unit you've acquired sounds great so it would be worth restoring it. If in any case puwede mo ipasa sa akin brader at baka ako makabuhay niyan, hehe
--*--AM JUST A MUSIC LOVER--*--

Offline tony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Enjoy the hobby and be happy always!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7170
« Reply #209 on: Jul 20, 2014 at 09:01 AM »
naibenta na yata...
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....