Author Topic: Skyworth G2 Series  (Read 2349 times)

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
Skyworth G2 Series
« on: Jan 27, 2019 at 08:38 AM »
I finally replaced my Samsung H5000 plasma that kicked the bucket and went for a budget 4K TV with Skyworth 55G2. Because if the slim bezels, the 55" tv is the same width as my old 51" plasma.

It is an android TV similar to the G6 series but this has a VA panel instead of the G6's ips one.

Got this for 27.3k from Emilio S. Lim appliances. SM appliance has this pegged at 38.9k. ansons at 35k.

I am very much satisfied how it upscales my old 1080p contents via mede8er media player.

Still waiting on nvidia shield but the TV's default stock player plays fine 4k contents i tested including remux ones.

The only problem i had is with kodi and vlc. I was able to use them before and now suddenly kodi reads my external hdd contents as 0 byte and vlc says folders are empty even though es file explorer sees the file with correct contents and size. Choosing the files via es explorer and playing them either via kodi or vlc does nothing. They won't play. However the stock player sees all files and play them (some without audio for those with unsupported audio track). I haven't solve this yet. I do not know if android 8.0 is the culprit or kodi/vlc.

Offline JeromeA

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I am not in danger, I am the Danger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 304
Re: Skyworth G2 Series
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2019 at 08:28 AM »
I finally replaced my Samsung H5000 plasma that kicked the bucket and went for a budget 4K TV with Skyworth 55G2. Because if the slim bezels, the 55" tv is the same width as my old 51" plasma.

It is an android TV similar to the G6 series but this has a VA panel instead of the G6's ips one.

Got this for 27.3k from Emilio S. Lim appliances. SM appliance has this pegged at 38.9k. ansons at 35k.

I am very much satisfied how it upscales my old 1080p contents via mede8er media player.

Still waiting on nvidia shield but the TV's default stock player plays fine 4k contents i tested including remux ones.

The only problem i had is with kodi and vlc. I was able to use them before and now suddenly kodi reads my external hdd contents as 0 byte and vlc says folders are empty even though es file explorer sees the file with correct contents and size. Choosing the files via es explorer and playing them either via kodi or vlc does nothing. They won't play. However the stock player sees all files and play them (some without audio for those with unsupported audio track). I haven't solve this yet. I do not know if android 8.0 is the culprit or kodi/vlc.

congrats! sa mga budget 4k tv, na try mo na i compare sir sa devant? parang sa mga budget 4k TV devant brand ang nakita kong maganda ang picture quality.

grabe naman yung SM at ansons, pang Nvidia Shield na yung patong nila sa price.

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1431
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2019 at 10:49 AM »
Bro, hows the 55G2 so far? TIA

Offline stick_shift

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: Apr 07, 2019 at 04:18 PM »
Looking to purchasing this model as well. Sir @quitacet how's yours so far? Will you recommend this model?

Offline firestorm

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Apr 07, 2019 at 08:25 PM »

Hi, were you able to solve this problem? I got a 50 inch Coocaa (Skyworth Oem) android TV last week and have the same problem. It's 0 bytes in Kodi, ES File, X-plore only the built in player works. I even formatted my flash drive to ex-fat to see if that was the problem but it's still the same 0 bytes. Thanks.

Offline Quitacet

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Apr 08, 2019 at 08:14 AM »
Hi, were you able to solve this problem? I got a 50 inch Coocaa (Skyworth Oem) android TV last week and have the same problem. It's 0 bytes in Kodi, ES File, X-plore only the built in player works. I even formatted my flash drive to ex-fat to see if that was the problem but it's still the same 0 bytes. Thanks.

I bought a Nvidia Shield TV. Builtin android media player too weak to handle large remux files.

Offline firestorm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Apr 08, 2019 at 10:52 AM »
I bought a Nvidia Shield TV. Builtin android media player too weak to handle large remux files.

I have a mibox, but did you find a way for the built in androidTV apps (Kodi or VLC) to play small files? Thanks.

Offline Quitacet

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Apr 08, 2019 at 05:02 PM »
I have a mibox, but did you find a way for the built in androidTV apps (Kodi or VLC) to play small files? Thanks.

Haven't tried anymore. I just use buiktin android features to watch youtube

Offline firestorm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Apr 12, 2019 at 04:13 PM »
I was able to have Kodi, VLC, X-plore and ES file to see the file sizes and read them. Had to format my usb flash drive as FAT-32. problem is you are limited to a maximum file size of 4GB.

Offline ngek2x

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: Aug 02, 2019 at 11:36 AM »

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 255
« Reply #10 on: Aug 02, 2019 at 01:44 PM »
I was able to have Kodi, VLC, X-plore and ES file to see the file sizes and read them. Had to format my usb flash drive as FAT-32. problem is you are limited to a maximum file size of 4GB.

My Skyworth can read ntfs and exFat, have you tried those filesystems?

Offline firestorm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Aug 07, 2019 at 07:04 PM »
My Skyworth can read ntfs and exFat, have you tried those filesystems?

Yes, my flash drive was formatted as NTFS when I first tried it. then I tried EXFAT. only fat32 worked for the androidTV apps like VLC, Kodi,etc.

Offline Quitacet

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Aug 11, 2019 at 07:25 AM »
My skyworth read ntfs hdds as well when i was using it to play movies. Now the hdds are via the nvidia shield