Author Topic: Help on resale value  (Read 1315 times)

Offline jeyps11_c

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Help on resale value
« on: Apr 17, 2019 at 08:39 AM »
Need some guidance from the HT gurus and experts here.

After getting hooked on HTs years back, I am now looking at KONDOing my set up at home  ;D

Bedroom
Samsung 51F5000 (Series 5, Non-Smart, Plasma)
Pioneed VSX 520K (https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Pioneer+Receivers/VSX-520-K)
A-Audio FS (one of the early products of Sir Anthony)
Wharf 9.1 BS
WH2 Center
US Audio Sub
Mede8er Media Player (I think???)
We barely used this set up since I put it together a couple of years ago. With the explosion of portable devices, my wife and I found ourselves mostly watching from an iPad/Surface. Since we also get our content mostly from Netflix, YT and other streaming providers cable TV has not been an option as well. Underutilized is an understatement for our bedroom set up  :)

Living Room
LG 49LF6300" (https://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-49LF6300-smart-led-tv)
Sony Soundbar with wireless sub (SA-CT380 - https://www.sony-asia.com/electronics/sound-bars/ht-ct380)
The set up is in a common area thus it's more utilized than the other. This is where we do most of the cable TV watching, occasional PS4 gaming (only if I have a game that I like playing...the last one was Uncharted 4) and streaming. But since we have work and the kids are in school, we are only able to use it 2-3 hours a day and slightly longer on weekends.

And here's where I need our guru's help.
What is the reasonable price to sell each of the set? If I were to part it out or sell items individually, what would be the reasonable price for each? I understand that most of these items are probably "old tech" but I don't want to receive low ball offers as well. Your guidance on this will be of great help.

Since we don't see the need for a TV in the bedroom we are looking at getting a bigger display for the living room instead (got my eyes set on a 65" Sony). And since our living room doesn't have the space for a true 5.1/7.1 set up, I am looking at settling for a surround soundbar set (JBL 5.1; Polk MagniFi Max and the likes).
« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2019 at 03:00 PM by jeyps11_c »
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
Re: Help on resale value
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17, 2019 at 10:21 AM »
Samsung 51" Plasma (need to get the exact model) - 12-15k *pwede mo sabihin plasma PQ is still better than new 50" entry level

Pioneed AVS520K - (wala ako makita specs online)
A-Audio FS - if sought after model, 50% of brandnew price, if not 30-40%
Wharf 9.1 BS - (50% of brandnew price)
WH2 Center - 30-40% of brandnew price, bihira naghahanap ng center speaker lang
US Audio Sub - 8" 2k / 10" 3k

LG 50" Smart TV (need to get the exact model)   -  12-15k
Sony Soundbar with wireless sub - im guessing 50-60% of brandnew price
this is not low balling you bro ha, this is what i think is the usual price to dispose of used units.  yun iba kasi presyong ayaw ibenta kaya ang taas ng resale value   >:D
« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2019 at 10:23 AM by ninjababez® »
ninjababez online ..

Offline mhacman

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 129
« Reply #2 on: Apr 17, 2019 at 04:27 PM »

Pioneed AVS520K - (wala ako makita specs online)
A-Audio FS - if sought after model, 50% of brandnew price, if not 30-40%
Wharf 9.1 BS - (50% of brandnew price)
WH2 Center - 30-40% of brandnew price, bihira naghahanap ng center speaker lang
US Audio Sub - 8" 2k / 10" 3k

this is not low balling you bro ha, this is what i think is the usual price to dispose of used units.  yun iba kasi presyong ayaw ibenta kaya ang taas ng resale value   >:D

I previously had the following HT set-up and sold it for Php20K last 2015 -- para mabilisan nlang maipasa sa new owner:

- Pioneer AVR 522K 2013 model ito
 - Wharfe Dia10 LCR -- passive speaker bar ito -- consolidated sa isang malapad na baffle yung fronts & center
 - Wharfe Dia10 SR
 - Wharfe Sub SW150
 - free 3pcs speaker wires na gawa ni sir @paolorenzo 1mtr each

LG Smart 3DTV 42" LM6200 model 2012 -- naipasa ko ng P17K last Dec2016

it seems fair price suggestions naman yung mga binigay ni sir @ninjababez.  base mo sa acquired price mo (not SRP at the time), then deduct some depreciation value =))

HTH!

Offline Adarna

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #3 on: Apr 17, 2019 at 06:39 PM »
I'd base the market value on olx and ebay.

Offline jeyps11_c

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: Apr 17, 2019 at 07:27 PM »
Was able to get the models (of some) and updated the original post.
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline RastaSega

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #5 on: Apr 22, 2019 at 11:47 PM »
Need some guidance from the HT gurus and experts here.

After getting hooked on HTs years back, I am now looking at KONDOing my set up at home  ;D

Bedroom
Samsung 51F5000 (Series 5, Non-Smart, Plasma)
Pioneed VSX 520K (https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Pioneer+Receivers/VSX-520-K)
A-Audio FS (one of the early products of Sir Anthony)
Wharf 9.1 BS
WH2 Center
US Audio Sub
We barely used this set up since I put it together a couple of years ago. With the explosion of portable devices, my wife and I found ourselves mostly watching from an iPad/Surface. Since we also get our content mostly from Netflix, YT and other streaming providers cable TV has not been an option as well. Underutilized is an understatement for our bedroom set up  :)

Living Room
LG 49LF6300" (https://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-49LF6300-smart-led-tv)
Sony Soundbar with wireless sub (SA-CT380 - https://www.sony-asia.com/electronics/sound-bars/ht-ct380)
The set up is in a common area thus it's more utilized than the other. This is where we do most of the cable TV watching, occasional PS4 gaming (only if I have a game that I like playing...the last one was Uncharted 4) and streaming. But since we have work and the kids are in school, we are only able to use it 2-3 hours a day and slightly longer on weekends.

And here's where I need our guru's help.
What is the reasonable price to sell each of the set? If I were to part it out or sell items individually, what would be the reasonable price for each? I understand that most of these items are probably "old tech" but I don't want to receive low ball offers as well. Your guidance on this will be of great help.

Since we don't see the need for a TV in the bedroom we are looking at getting a bigger display for the living room instead (got my eyes set on a 65" Sony). And since our living room doesn't have the space for a true 5.1/7.1 set up, I am looking at settling for a surround soundbar set (JBL 5.1; Polk MagniFi Max and the likes).

hi sir :D

I think you can sell the following this way

Plasma TV - sell separately. I'd say maybe 10~15k?
AVR - having DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD, but it only has 3 HDMI inputs (1.4 only) - 5~8k
Speakers - sell as a set 5.1 - 10k
Media player - 2~3k at the most

LG TV - up to 20k
Soundbar - 5~8k

hope this helps