Author Topic: Where to buy Tubes  (Read 2045 times)

Offline Icermad

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 21
Where to buy Tubes
« on: Jun 03, 2019 at 02:27 PM »
Hi Guys, can you recommend me to stores or sellers ng Vacuum Tubes? I need 6SN7 Tubes and GZ34.. Mullard/Shuguang /Tung sol/ Sophia Electric brand.. Thanks guys :)

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• Trade Count: (+667)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • ReLax & ClosE YoUr EyEs, FeeL tHe tOneS
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 229
Re: Where to buy Tubes
« Reply #1 on: Jun 06, 2019 at 10:43 PM »
before AUDIO AMPLIFIED are selling, I dont know presently if they still are. Lately I get it from Tube Depot, a bit expensive coz of the mailing fees & advantage is they have plenty of brands that you can choose from them.

Gerry Sta Maria has also a lot, I dont have his number anymore, hope anybody here could share his contact number.
The NeverEnding World of Tweak'n...

Offline Icermad

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jun 07, 2019 at 09:38 AM »
before AUDIO AMPLIFIED are selling, I dont know presently if they still are. Lately I get it from Tube Depot, a bit expensive coz of the mailing fees & advantage is they have plenty of brands that you can choose from them.

Gerry Sta Maria has also a lot, I dont have his number anymore, hope anybody here could share his contact number.

Thank you sir! I DM'd Audio Amplified but medyo limited lang din meron sila.. Hopefully sa Triode Fest marami sellers :) Will check Tube Depot sir.. Medyo hesitant ako magorder online or sa Aliex kasi baka I might get a bad tube...

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jun 07, 2019 at 08:45 PM »
Sorry for the mix up, I usually get it from The Tube Store.com. Around 4 to 6 working days it arrives at our doorstep. The guy "John" (if he is still around is very helpful) & if you need a certain brand & type he'll try to look for it. I had my Tube Buffer upgraded from EH 6SN7----->RAYTHEON 6F8G.

Offline Icermad

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jun 08, 2019 at 12:11 AM »
Sorry for the mix up, I usually get it from The Tube Store.com. Around 4 to 6 working days it arrives at our doorstep. The guy "John" (if he is still around is very helpful) & if you need a certain brand & type he'll try to look for it. I had my Tube Buffer upgraded from EH 6SN7----->RAYTHEON 6F8G.

Ok sir thank you :) Will try to contact John

Offline tony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Enjoy the hobby and be happy always!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7153
« Reply #5 on: Jul 04, 2019 at 09:22 AM »
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....

Offline radiohead

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #6 on: Jun 22, 2020 at 05:59 PM »
Bumping this up. I’m trying to source some 12at7 and 12au7 tubes. Are there any tube dealers here in the country? Or should I just buy online? Any recommendations besides thetubestore.com? Thanks!

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jun 22, 2020 at 07:07 PM »
epektos.com
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....

Offline cia

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: Apr 14, 2022 at 07:55 AM »
Given the protracted war in Ukraine and the sanctions on Russia, I assume that tubes availability will be affected. Would China step up on tube production? Would sales of and demand for tube audio equipment also be affected?

Offline qguy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #9 on: Apr 14, 2022 at 11:08 AM »
No need to assume, no more Russian made tubes on Tubestore and Tubedepot. The ones on ebay are going for a lot of $$$. 

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 856
« Reply #10 on: Apr 14, 2022 at 11:15 AM »
to the rescue ang China dyan.  They will be more than happy to supply us with tubes
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Apr 14, 2022 at 01:08 PM »

nasa fb si Gerry....search nyo na lang..

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 856
« Reply #12 on: Jun 25, 2022 at 03:49 PM »
No need to assume, no more Russian made tubes on Tubestore and Tubedepot. The ones on ebay are going for a lot of $$$. 

Just had Russian made Sovteks and Electro Harmonix delivered from Tubedepot.  4 days and the UPS truck is right at my gate,  prices are fair naman considering the scarcity of Russian made tubes these days.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline cia

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Oct 08, 2022 at 08:23 AM »
Maybe this the wrong thread to ask this query:

There seems to be a steady demand for tube equipment and I am sure many still use them.  My query is how does one know when their tubes are about to die and need to be replaced.  I don’t see any thread talking about or using tube testers, even on YouTube. If one has all tube equipment, should he not have this tester?

TIA
« Last Edit: Oct 08, 2022 at 08:24 AM by cia »

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #17 on: Oct 08, 2022 at 08:31 AM »
try asking pareng google - "vacuum tube lifespan"
hth

Offline radiohead

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #18 on: Oct 08, 2022 at 09:43 AM »

There seems to be a steady demand for tube equipment and I am sure many still use them.  My query is how does one know when their tubes are about to die and need to be replaced.  I don’t see any thread talking about or using tube testers, even on YouTube. If one has all tube equipment, should he not have this tester?

TIA

You’ll definitely hear a difference - the gain may get lower, one channel can disappear, sound can be crackly (garalgal), etc. The challenge would be to find out which tube has gone bad. That’s when a tube tester becomes handy.

Offline cia

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Oct 08, 2022 at 10:40 AM »
try asking pareng google - "vacuum tube lifespan"
hth

Google says “peanut tubes” can last around 5k to 10k hours while power tubes last from 4K to 5 k hours.  Unless you really keep track of number of hours your tubes are used, imo not very useful info to determine if tubes need to be replaced.

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Oct 08, 2022 at 12:25 PM »
wait nalang for the tube to die out. If you love your tube gears then its always good to have spares for their specific tubes.

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Oct 09, 2022 at 09:34 AM »

TIA

you will hear it, noise and distortions on the rise, you may even have busted fusees..

Offline cia

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Oct 09, 2022 at 04:10 PM »
you will hear it, noise and distortions on the rise, you may even have busted fusees..

At this point of noise and distortions, will there be a greater risk of damaging the tube equipment?

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Oct 13, 2022 at 10:57 AM »
At this point of noise and distortions, will there be a greater risk of damaging the tube equipment?

hardly, just replace the tubes....

Offline CMac

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #24 on: Oct 13, 2022 at 11:25 AM »
Had an amp with the crackling sound on the left channel, thought it was the tube. Sprayed Wd40 in the volume pot and it cleared that issue.