Author Topic: 2019-2020 NBA Season - Draft Day to Playoffs  (Read 420860 times)

Offline JeromeA

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I am not in danger, I am the Danger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 304
Re: 2019-2020 NBA Season - Draft Day to Playoffs
« Reply #1860 on: Jul 24, 2020 at 07:30 AM »
napansin ko my homecourt advantage din ata to. tulad ngayon mukhang court ng lakers. kasi lahat ng screen sa paligid naka lakers. haha.

si jared dudley latak nalang talaga ng NBA. antaba taba.. kenkoy na tumakbo.

Online oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1437
« Reply #1861 on: Jul 24, 2020 at 08:28 AM »
Lakas ng Lakers ha!

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 339
« Reply #1862 on: Jul 24, 2020 at 08:33 AM »
Perimeter defense ang problema ng Lakers now that Bradley and Rondo are out. Hope Green, KCP and Caruso can step up. Waiters has been playing well in this game, pero di talaga pass-first guard. Sana palaruin din si THT.
We deserve better.

Offline a2

• Trade Count: (+128)
  • DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #1863 on: Jul 24, 2020 at 08:35 AM »
Bagay kay Waiters yung jersey number 18. Parehas sila ni Sasha Vujacic noon na pagkahawak ng bola tira agad haha

Offline a2

• DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
« Reply #1864 on: Jul 24, 2020 at 08:50 AM »
7-4 Boban Marjanovic knocking down a nothing but net 3. Iba talaga level ng NBA players. Samantala dito sa PBA yung mga big man mostly stuck parin sa post. Kailangan na talaga mag evolve local players para makasabay sa international game

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1865 on: Jul 24, 2020 at 10:16 PM »
7-4 Boban Marjanovic knocking down a nothing but net 3. Iba talaga level ng NBA players. Samantala dito sa PBA yung mga big man mostly stuck parin sa post. Kailangan na talaga mag evolve local players para makasabay sa international game

mahihinang nilalang tayo sir. nasa lahi din.pag meron man nag 7 foot satin mahina na ang pundasyon. luckily si kai sotto nakakatayo pa at nakakatakbo pa ng maayos. but its very rare. maliliit lahi natin. except lang kung dadami fil-ams natin na basketball player. dudurugin lang tayo sa bilis at laki.

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1866 on: Jul 25, 2020 at 05:57 AM »
The new normal for the NBA viewing experience. This is going to be weird...

The NBA will use Microsoft Teams to virtually seat fans courtside in Orlando

When the NBA restarts its season on July 30, it will use Microsoft Teams to recreate the atmosphere of a packed arena without any fans physically present. As part of its ongoing partnership with Microsoft, the league plans to use the software's recently released Together Mode to put more than 300 fans in the stands. The feature utilizes AI to segment your face and shoulders and put you in a shared digital space with other people.

Other broadcast enhancements include:

* ESPN and Turner Sports will reposition more than 30 cameras, including many in robotic form, closer to the court and showcase never-before-seen camera angles in places that are otherwise not accessible with fans in the arena. Microphones around the court will capture enhanced sounds from the floor, including sneaker squeaks and ball bounces. DJs and announcers will be in-venue to help replicate the sounds and experiences teams are accustomed to in-arena.

* Viewers will have the ability to impact visual effects in the venue through a virtual cheering experience. Fans can digitally cheer for their team through the NBA App and NBA.com and on Twitter using team hashtags throughout the game. Virtual cheering will be reflected on the video boards in-venue with graphics and animations that capture the level of fan engagement around the world.

* Fans will also have the opportunity to see their videos featured through TikTok Challenges. Snapchat's “ground segmentation” augmented reality technology will also give fans an opportunity to explore a virtual rendering of the official court in Orlando via a Lens wherever they are.
We deserve better.

Online oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1437
« Reply #1867 on: Jul 25, 2020 at 06:58 AM »
I wont be surprised if someone from that virtual crowd does something ridiculous like moon everyone or worse.

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1868 on: Jul 25, 2020 at 07:00 AM »
parang 2k sports na ah. hehe

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 364
« Reply #1869 on: Jul 25, 2020 at 10:40 AM »
Why not do the most obvious solution ........... have the Disney staff watch and/or selected season-ticket holders of the 22 teams - have them tested and quarantined.

Once cleared, these fans will serve as the audience when the actual games continue.

IMO better than a virtual crowd.

Offline a2

• DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
« Reply #1870 on: Jul 25, 2020 at 11:00 AM »
mahihinang nilalang tayo sir. nasa lahi din.pag meron man nag 7 foot satin mahina na ang pundasyon. luckily si kai sotto nakakatayo pa at nakakatakbo pa ng maayos. but its very rare. maliliit lahi natin. except lang kung dadami fil-ams natin na basketball player. dudurugin lang tayo sa bilis at laki.

I'm not talking about the height. What I'm trying to say is yung pag extend ng range ng big man na kaya naman i-develop. Dito kasi stuck parin sa old school style lalo na sa PBA na pag malaki ka dun ka lang dapat sa ilalim. Maganda maka adapt na ang pinoy basketball sa modern game para makasabay na kahit papaano sa international games.

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1871 on: Jul 25, 2020 at 10:20 PM »
Why not do the most obvious solution ........... have the Disney staff watch and/or selected season-ticket holders of the 22 teams - have them tested and quarantined.

Once cleared, these fans will serve as the audience when the actual games continue.

IMO better than a virtual crowd.

kaso hindi na sila pwede umuwi sir. dapat mag stay in din sila. papayag kaya mga yun?

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1872 on: Jul 25, 2020 at 10:22 PM »
I'm not talking about the height. What I'm trying to say is yung pag extend ng range ng big man na kaya naman i-develop. Dito kasi stuck parin sa old school style lalo na sa PBA na pag malaki ka dun ka lang dapat sa ilalim. Maganda maka adapt na ang pinoy basketball sa modern game para makasabay na kahit papaano sa international games.

same thing parin sir.. mababagal na kasi ang mga pinoy pag matangkad na.. kung mag extend sila ng range hindi na sila makaka attempt ng offensive rebound sa bagal nila kumilos. kaya mga malalaki natin sa ilalim lang talaga.

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 592
« Reply #1873 on: Jul 25, 2020 at 10:24 PM »
The new normal for the NBA viewing experience. This is going to be weird...

The NBA will use Microsoft Teams to virtually seat fans courtside in Orlando

When the NBA restarts its season on July 30, it will use Microsoft Teams to recreate the atmosphere of a packed arena without any fans physically present. As part of its ongoing partnership with Microsoft, the league plans to use the software's recently released Together Mode to put more than 300 fans in the stands. The feature utilizes AI to segment your face and shoulders and put you in a shared digital space with other people.

Other broadcast enhancements include:

* ESPN and Turner Sports will reposition more than 30 cameras, including many in robotic form, closer to the court and showcase never-before-seen camera angles in places that are otherwise not accessible with fans in the arena. Microphones around the court will capture enhanced sounds from the floor, including sneaker squeaks and ball bounces. DJs and announcers will be in-venue to help replicate the sounds and experiences teams are accustomed to in-arena.

* Viewers will have the ability to impact visual effects in the venue through a virtual cheering experience. Fans can digitally cheer for their team through the NBA App and NBA.com and on Twitter using team hashtags throughout the game. Virtual cheering will be reflected on the video boards in-venue with graphics and animations that capture the level of fan engagement around the world.

* Fans will also have the opportunity to see their videos featured through TikTok Challenges. Snapchat's “ground segmentation” augmented reality technology will also give fans an opportunity to explore a virtual rendering of the official court in Orlando via a Lens wherever they are.

ok yan, baka pwede tayo sumama courtside :)
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1874 on: Jul 26, 2020 at 08:23 AM »
kaso hindi na sila pwede umuwi sir. dapat mag stay in din sila. papayag kaya mga yun?

It is Disney World after all, possibly more accommodations ............. no bigger (and wealthier) fan than a season-ticket holder.

IMO sa mahal nang season-tickets, they deserve to get first-crack kung tatanggap nang live audience ang NBA.

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
« Reply #1875 on: Jul 26, 2020 at 11:14 AM »

Spot on observation bro. Here we pigeonhole the player to his position based on his height and not by his ability.  Once position is determined then his job on the court is defined so when you are a center here your job is to rebound, defend, set picks/screens and shoot mostly from within 4 to 5 feet from the basket. Nothing wrong with that however what if you meet a matchup that has Dirk like abilities? Madami yan sa NBA.  In the new game abroad, speed is not the only factor that is important.  It is the ability of the player. Examples are Marc Gasol, Joker, Brook Lopez.  Inside/out big man players that are lumbering behemoths yet they have the green light to shoot from the outside because they can make the shot.

We can develop players like that however we need to first embrace the position less basketball philosophy before we can begin to develop young players which is the ideal way to develop the skill.  We need to start them young kasi mahirap pag habit and behavior na ng player yung typical duties ng big man and his whole skill development was centered on that role.

The best prototype in player development example that I can think of siguro is Dirk.  Isa lang ang nag guide kay Dirk sa skill development nya since he has 15 years old till he retired at 40 (Holger Geschwindner).  In his rookie debut, Dirk was already a long range threat from the get go.  His skills were developed at a young age specifically for that which enabled him to become a match up nightmare when he hit his prime. Kinain nga nya ng buhay yung Big 3 ni Miami eh.

Comparatively, si Kai Sotto baka naka 4 or 5 coach na yan na iba iba basketball philosphy ang inapply sa kanya thats why ang laro nya is not ground breaking and he is a run of the mill type of player.  His probable ceiling is to become a role player at best
« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2020 at 11:27 AM by synchro_01 »
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #1876 on: Jul 26, 2020 at 11:17 AM »
marunong bang mag shoot ang mga pinoy

o gusto lagi salaksak maski na maliit.

bigmen may shooting ba?

its a joke. tigil na pba mag develop ng players suited for the world stage

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1877 on: Jul 26, 2020 at 10:49 PM »
marunong bang mag shoot ang mga pinoy

o gusto lagi salaksak maski na maliit.

bigmen may shooting ba?

its a joke. tigil na pba mag develop ng players suited for the world stage

wala lahat. hahaha

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1878 on: Jul 26, 2020 at 10:51 PM »
It is Disney World after all, possibly more accommodations ............. no bigger (and wealthier) fan than a season-ticket holder.

IMO sa mahal nang season-tickets, they deserve to get first-crack kung tatanggap nang live audience ang NBA.

yes sir. no question about jan. ang tanong nga sila mismo kaya (season ticker holder) papayag sila na di na sila uuwi sa kanila? once na naging audience ka jan wala ng uwian.. hindi pwede labas pasok sila ng bubble..

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1879 on: Jul 27, 2020 at 08:15 AM »
« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2020 at 08:16 AM by JeromeA »

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1880 on: Jul 27, 2020 at 08:40 AM »
bizne$$$
desperado ?

let d games begin !

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1881 on: Jul 27, 2020 at 03:27 PM »
For those with Cignal subscriptions, a new channel - NBA TV Philippines - will start airing on July 31, 2020 when the NBA resumes the current season with the UTA-NOP and LAL-LAC doubleheader.

This will probably be NBA Premium TV ver. 2.0 with some locally-produced content.

EDIT: More updates on this report. TV5 and One Sports will also start airing NBA games live on free TV.

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/nba/nba-games-return-to-philippine-television-via-cignal-smart-collab-a791-20200727?ref=home_featured_big
« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2020 at 03:36 PM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 592
« Reply #1882 on: Jul 27, 2020 at 03:30 PM »
We should have an Allan Caidic academy here ... dapat ganon na lahat mold ng player whether 7-footer or 5-foot+ ... ganon na ang laro ngayon
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1883 on: Jul 29, 2020 at 04:20 PM »
Cross-posting from the Cignal thread:

NBA TV Philippines has started its test broadcast on Channels 96 and 262 on Cignal. So far it's the same footage from NBA TV on League Pass.
We deserve better.

Offline v1n5anity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #1884 on: Jul 29, 2020 at 05:59 PM »
Looks like the NBA Store Philippines is also making a comeback..online that is:

https://nbastore.com.ph

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1885 on: Jul 29, 2020 at 07:58 PM »
ilang tulog na lang !

dont let the bubble burst

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

Offline dyerds

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #1887 on: Jul 30, 2020 at 08:25 PM »

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1888 on: Jul 31, 2020 at 06:36 AM »
Restart starts now. 👌🏻  Tamang-tama national holiday pa. Zion has cleared quarantine and is going to play.
We deserve better.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1889 on: Jul 31, 2020 at 06:57 AM »
One good thing that came from the lockdown, everyone looks healthy and active.

It's nice seeing someone like Mike Conley finally healthy and moving good.