Author Topic: 2019-2020 NBA Season - Draft Day to Playoffs  (Read 420918 times)

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
Re: 2019-2020 NBA Season - Draft Day to Playoffs
« Reply #2040 on: Aug 16, 2020 at 11:06 AM »
Ja Morant is the real deal.  Future looking bright in Memphis with Morant and Jackson leading the team.

Portland vs Lakers should be a great match up.  Tuesday start of the first round.

Divac out as GM of the Kings.  replaced by the inept Joe Dumars.  Funny how Divac blew the 2018 draft by passing over triple double machine Luka Doncic over Marvin Bagley.  He should have known how that kid plays since he played overseas as well.  Bagley has been struggling due to his injuries for the past 2 years while Luka is already in the MVP race for this year.  Looks like the Kings will be out of the playoffs in the next 2 to 3 years extending their horrendous run of missing the playoffs to possibly 16 to 17 years.
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2020 at 11:09 AM by synchro_01 »
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #2041 on: Aug 16, 2020 at 12:28 PM »
Saludo ako kay Dame.  What a player.
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2042 on: Aug 16, 2020 at 12:42 PM »
Saludo ako kay Dame.  What a player.

Yes. One that you can build a team around because he is a great leader.  Old school thinking pa since he doesn't want to move to another team to pair with another star. For me they are one piece away from contending for a championship. A complementary power/small forward with an inside/outside game that can pick up the scoring when Dame is doubled or having a bad game.  Melo is too old and inconsistent.  That's their vision of Melo when they signed him but he aint living up to the need every game.  A Brandon Ingram should be a great acquisition for them. They can lure him out of New Orleans for sure.  Zion for me isn't a sure thing. He is simply too heavy for his knees and ankles. Add to that is that he doesnt play defense. Tamad sa depensa. May coaching change pa sa Pels so a ton of uncertainty for BI to consider.

Melo ($2M) and Whiteside ($27M) come off the books this year. They have a lot of flexibility in the off season to get Dame some much needed help.  Locked up naman si Mccolum, Dame and Nurc for the short term (3 to 5 years) so no worries for those three.  Zach Collins can play quality back up to Nurc and is on a cap friendly rookie contract till next year.  Forget about signing Whiteside to a smaller contract. The modern game isnt suited for his skills anymore.  The Melo experiment is over as well.
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2020 at 01:01 PM by synchro_01 »
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Online newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 364
« Reply #2043 on: Aug 16, 2020 at 02:13 PM »
^ Brandon Ingram isn't going anywhere, he's RFA ........... PELICANS can (and will) match any offer made to BI this offseason.

Ingram was the main piece that the PELS got from the AD trade, very unlikely that the PELS let BI go for any reason.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2044 on: Aug 16, 2020 at 03:24 PM »
I thought Melo did well at Portland (at least in the games I saw).  He shot well from three, was clutch, and was an offensive mismatch on the low post for many opposing teams, due to his size.
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2045 on: Aug 16, 2020 at 03:25 PM »
I think Ingram wins most improved player this season.

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2046 on: Aug 16, 2020 at 04:09 PM »
^ Brandon Ingram isn't going anywhere, he's RFA ........... PELICANS can (and will) match any offer made to BI this offseason.

Ingram was the main piece that the PELS got from the AD trade, very unlikely that the PELS let BI go for any reason.

I agree. they will move heaven and earth to hold on to him however these days if a player wants out....he has all the leverage in the world to make it happen.  RFA is BI and surely he is getting suitors for his services. Wala pang 1 year si BI sa Pels.  No deep relationship to speak of.  Gone are the days when teams have control over players.  si AD nga hindi naging masaya sa management ng Pels eh.  Imagine they had 8 years to build around him but they blew it.  The Pels are rebuilding no question about it.  It was just fast tracked with the acquisition of Zion who is currently an offensive force and at the same time a defensive liability.  Tingin ko matagal pa before Zion gets it on defense not to mention that he needs to trim down his weight.  Hindi nga sya pinapalaro ng matagal ng management for fear of breaking down his knees and ankles.   

Its BI's 4th losing season.  He will get a max deal for sure. Sigurado 4 years yan with Player option on the 4th.  Question is does he want to spend his most productive years with the Pels who has a history of not getting it done in terms of player personnel.

« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2020 at 04:18 PM by synchro_01 »
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2047 on: Aug 16, 2020 at 04:20 PM »
I think Ingram wins most improved player this season.

Agree. nakabuti sa kanya yun trade since he doesnt play under the large shadow of LBJ.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline JeromeA

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I am not in danger, I am the Danger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 304
« Reply #2048 on: Aug 16, 2020 at 08:58 PM »
Nice. Ganda ng match up sa lakers.mahihirapan si AD nito sa mga giants ng blazers..

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2049 on: Aug 16, 2020 at 09:23 PM »
Pag nanalo game 1 blazers baka meron mag bet..

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 339
« Reply #2050 on: Aug 16, 2020 at 09:29 PM »
(AP) - Capsules for the NBA’s first-round playoff series that start Monday US time:

EASTERN CONFERENCE

No. 1 MILWAUKEE BUCKS (56-17) vs. No. 8 ORLANDO MAGIC (33-40)

Season series: Bucks, 4-0

Story line: Here they go again — reigning MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo and the Bucks have the best record in the NBA for the second consecutive season and enter the first round against an opponent that they dominated in four meetings. Out of the 192 minutes of basketball between the clubs this season, the Magic led for 11 of them. The Magic know they have nothing to lose.

Key matchup: Antetokounmpo vs. Nikola Vucevic. The MVP won’t be guarded 1-on-1 by Vucevic often if at all, but Orlando’s best rim protector is going to have to do quite a job against the NBA’s leader in points in the paint if the Magic are going to make this interesting.

Prediction: Bucks in 5.

No. 2 TORONTO RAPTORS (53-19) vs. No. 7 BROOKLYN NETS (35-37)

Season series: Raptors, 3-1.

Story line: The defending NBA champion Raptors lost Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard, lost starter Danny Green, and put together the best regular season record in franchise history anyway. The Nets are missing Kevin Durant (who got hurt against the Raptors in last year’s finals with Golden State), Kyrie Irving and others like Spencer Dinwiddie and DeAndre Jordan, yet have played extremely hard for Jacque Vaughn.

Key matchup: Kyle Lowry vs. Caris LeVert. Lowry is as good a defensive player as there is in the NBA and will be one of the Raptors tasked with not letting LeVert get on a big scoring roll. The Nets will be playing a loose brand of basketball, knowing that almost nobody would expect them to win the series.

Prediction: Raptors in 5.

No. 3 BOSTON CELTICS (48-24) vs. No. 6 PHILADELPHIA 76ERS (43-30)

Season series: 76ers, 3-1.

Story line: Pay no attention to that season series result. It came with Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid playing. Simmons is out with a knee injury and Embiid hasn’t looked right for much of his time at Disney, so these are not the same 76ers that the Celtics saw in the regular season. But it is a rivalry matchup, and the 76ers would love nothing more than putting a couple of dents in Boston’s postseason plans.

Key matchup: Jayson Tatum vs. Tobias Harris. Tatum is becoming an absolute star in this league, standing out on a Boston roster that already has plenty of talent. But Harris is strong, smart on the defensive end is going to have to take on more of a leadership role with Simmons out and Embiid clearly laboring.

Prediction: Celtics in 5.

No. 4 INDIANA PACERS (45-28) vs No. 5 MIAMI HEAT (44-29)

Season series: Heat, 3-1

Story line: These teams met in three consecutive postseasons during Miami’s Big 3 era, with the Heat winning them all in 2012, 2013 and 2014 to thwart an Indiana squad that was one of the best in the league at that time and never broke through. Not having Domantas Sabonis will be a tough break for Indiana at both ends, and Miami has as good a corps of 3-point shooters as anyone in the league. And without Sabonis, the chore of guarding All-Star Heat center Bam Adebayo falls almost solely to Myles Turner now.

Key matchup: Jimmy Butler vs. TJ Warren. It’s not solely because of their little war of words back in January, either. Butler’s first postseason series with the Heat is a chance for him to put his stamp on things. Warren has a big opportunity at Disney — more shots, mainly — and largely has taken advantage of it at this point.

Prediction: Heat in 6.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

No. 1 LOS ANGELES LAKERS (52-19) vs No. 8 PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS (36-39)

Season series: Lakers, 2-1.

Story line: With LeBron James leading the league in assists in his second season in Los Angeles and Anthony Davis the beneficiary of many of them in his first, the Lakers rolled to the best record in the West and their first playoff appearance since 2013. They finally learned their opponent Saturday when Portland beat Memphis to win the NBA’s first play-in spot.

Key matchup: James or Davis vs. Carmelo Anthony. Anthony hit some clutch shots during the restart and has a chance to win a playoff series for the first time since 2013. But he’ll have to show he can defend a likely first team All-NBA selection to stay on the floor, a lot to ask at 36.

Prediction: Lakers in 6.

No. 2 LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS (49-23) vs. No. 7 DALLAS MAVERICKS (43-32)

Season series: Clippers, 3-0.

Story line: Kawhi Leonard carried Toronto to its first NBA title last year and will look to bring Los Angeles its first now, backed by fellow superstar Paul George and perhaps the league’s deepest roster. The Clippers will be tested defensively by Luka Doncic, Kristaps Porzingis and a dangerous Dallas offense.

Key matchup: Leonard, George and Patrick Beverley vs. Doncic. Doncic led the NBA in triple-doubles this season so he can hurt teams in a number of ways. But the Clippers can rotate multiple defenders in hopes of slowing down the point guard.

Prediction: Clippers in 5.

No. 3 DENVER NUGGETS (46-27) vs. No. 6 UTAH JAZZ (44-28)

Season series: Nuggets, 3-0.

Story line: The Northwest Division rivals seem evenly matched, as seen when they played a double-overtime thriller during the seeding games that the Nuggets won 134-132. Denver’s three victories were by a total of 11 points.

Key matchup: Nikola Jokic vs. Rudy Gobert. Jokic is perhaps the best all-around center in the NBA and Gobert, the two-time Defensive Player of the Year, remains a stopper in the middle. But with Jokic able to handle the ball so well and shoot from so far, he is a tough cover for traditional big men who are used to being in the paint.

Prediction: Nuggets in 7.

No. 4 HOUSTON ROCKETS (44-28) vs. No. 5 OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER (44-28).

Season series: Thunder, 2-1.

Story line: The trade of Russell Westbrook to Houston last summer for Chris Paul and multiple first-round picks was thought to signal a rebuild in Oklahoma City. Instead, Paul had a terrific season in leading the Thunder to the same record as the Rockets, who don’t know when Westbrook will be available because of a right quadriceps injury.

Key matchup: Westbrook vs. Paul. It’s was Paul’s injury in the 2018 Western Conference finals against Golden State that helped cost the Rockets a chance to reach the NBA Finals. Now Houston has to hope Westbrook not only returns soon, but also does with the explosiveness that made him a perennial All-Star.

Prediction: Rockets in 7.
We deserve better.

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2051 on: Aug 18, 2020 at 10:49 AM »
wow that porzingis ejection is just ridiculous!

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 416
« Reply #2052 on: Aug 18, 2020 at 11:12 AM »
^ Parang merong something sa tawagan ng refs  :D

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1438
« Reply #2053 on: Aug 18, 2020 at 11:38 AM »
PG with a dagger!

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2054 on: Aug 19, 2020 at 07:50 AM »
The Magics took game 1 against the Bucks! Looks like we have another underdog winner in the making

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2055 on: Aug 19, 2020 at 09:07 AM »
The Magics took game 1 against the Bucks! Looks like we have another underdog winner in the making

Sana nga di magpaasa ang magic. Maganda nilaro nila ngayon..

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2056 on: Aug 19, 2020 at 09:38 AM »
Ganda din ng nilalaro ng blazers. Sana manalo sila sa game 1 para marami lalakas ang loob sa pag pusta.

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #2057 on: Aug 19, 2020 at 09:42 AM »
Nurkic might be the difference maker sa series.  Dame, McCollum and Carmelo are always the headliners.

Offline noob

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5334
« Reply #2058 on: Aug 19, 2020 at 09:51 AM »
My son is rooting for Dame like no other!

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2059 on: Aug 19, 2020 at 10:20 AM »
Nurkic might be the difference maker sa series.  Dame, McCollum and Carmelo are always the headliners.

yes! pag nag step up si nurkic at maganda kundisyon ni hassan..

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2060 on: Aug 19, 2020 at 10:51 AM »
56-57 halftime.

playoff mode na ata si lebron o too early pa? 2 rebounds shy nalang triple double na..

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2061 on: Aug 19, 2020 at 11:01 AM »
Despite not having the 3 pointers, the Blazers are still up 6 halfway in the 3rd

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2062 on: Aug 19, 2020 at 11:03 AM »
Despite not having the 3 pointers, the Blazers are still up 6 halfway in the 3rd

no match si mcgee ky whiteside. haha..Nurkic is really playing big.

lakers din sir 3/19 from 3 pt. blazers 6/22
« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2020 at 11:04 AM by JeromeA »

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 339
« Reply #2063 on: Aug 19, 2020 at 11:04 AM »
Alat pa rin ng shooting ng Lakers. But LBJ's playmaking is keeping them in this game. 
We deserve better.

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2064 on: Aug 19, 2020 at 11:07 AM »
Alat pa rin ng shooting ng Lakers. But LBJ's playmaking is keeping them in this game.

ok lang yan sir.. game 1 palang naman. maganda nga pag nanalo ang blazers ngayon..

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2065 on: Aug 19, 2020 at 11:10 AM »
parang gusto ni jason kidd mag PG sa lakers. haha

triple double na si tatang.

parang naglalaro lang ng scrimmage ang lakers. walang kalatoy latoy. haha.
« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2020 at 11:19 AM by JeromeA »

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #2066 on: Aug 19, 2020 at 11:48 AM »
Oh dang Lillard bad shot..... Nice shot!   :o

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2067 on: Aug 19, 2020 at 11:48 AM »
Dame time! Damn!

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2068 on: Aug 19, 2020 at 11:54 AM »
What a time for three's to go in! Blazers take game 1!

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2069 on: Aug 19, 2020 at 11:54 AM »
there you go....upset of the day. 8th seed yan
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat