Author Topic: 2019-2020 NBA Season - Draft Day to Playoffs  (Read 421115 times)

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 875
Re: 2019-2020 NBA Season - Draft Day to Playoffs
« Reply #2850 on: Sep 14, 2020 at 04:14 PM »
Rondo may be a Pitbull, a refined and super intelligent at that. But si Beverly? Diba parang askal na asong ulu lang sya? Nakakasira kse sya ng laro ng basketball for both his team and the opposing team. OA na sya maglaro wala namang real contribution, panira lang sya ng laro. Ang angas pa, puro reklamo.

For me both players are hard working but Rondo has the basketball savvy and IQ not to mention the ring to prove it.  PatBev naman takes pride in shutting down his assignment whoever it may be and you can count on him to give his best. he isnt an offensive minded player and his contribution is on defense. Di naman nananakit ng kapwa player si PatBev unlike the Clips' Morris or former NBA player Pachulia etc. 

Matira matibay yang match up na yan. 

They have to keep a sharp eye on the Clips' Morris. Yung ginawa nya kay Doncic nung 1st round was uncalled for and has no room in the NBA.

« Last Edit: Sep 14, 2020 at 04:24 PM by synchro_01 »
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 416
« Reply #2851 on: Sep 14, 2020 at 05:17 PM »
Meron pang ginawa yang si Morris Sr kay Luka na hindi na naipakita. Tumira si Luka sa tres nag ala Zaza Pachulia si Morris Sr, nilagay yung paa nya sa landing spot ni Luka, buti na lang flat bumagsak yung dalawang paa ni Luka sa paa ni Morris Sr at hindi nag twist.

1;45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAyQ0cbi-yo

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2852 on: Sep 14, 2020 at 05:24 PM »
Morris vs. Morris nga pala if Clips and Lakers.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2853 on: Sep 14, 2020 at 06:11 PM »
Remember the 2011 Dallas Mavericks with Dirk Nowitzki? They beat a stacked Lebron-led Miami Heat.
Di ko na matandaan kung wala syang kakamping magaling o superstar/all-star that time?

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2854 on: Sep 14, 2020 at 06:17 PM »
Now lets all bow and hail the King. 

Seriously though, Kawhi is a legitimate challenger, even bigger IMO than Giannis, no matter how they performed in the regular season. Kawhi gets things done without fanfare and media hype.  And he is a proven champion.

History remembers who wins championships, not who comes 2nd.  Regular season is for stats only.  Now bring on Lakers vs Clippers and let the results do the talking.
Not watching the games anymore, dito na lang ako nagbasa basa. I wonder if the Lakers would be better with Kawhi and not LBJ or the Clips would be better with LBJ and not Kawhi.

Maganda ang usapan about the two sana nga sila ang mag harap sa WCF.

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #2855 on: Sep 14, 2020 at 06:25 PM »
Di ko na matandaan kung wala syang kakamping magaling o superstar/all-star that time?

That 2011 Mavs team only had one all star in Dirk. The rest were very good role players and former all stars in Jason Terry, Jason Kidd, Shawn Marion, JJ Barea, Caron Butler,etc.  So it does fit as a team with one Superstar winning a championship.

It's the year Dirk turned from choke artist to bonafide Superstar.

Online stevesonk

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • apo ng magniniyog kaya siponin,ang tatay utotin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4509
« Reply #2856 on: Sep 14, 2020 at 06:28 PM »

jason kidd - all star..
kalakasan pa din nina josh howard, jason terry, jj barea, & peja s.
Omega 2
Krell KAV 300i
Marantz CD6004
REGA DAC
HP DV3
Transparent cables
Tara Labs
PSB M4U 2

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2857 on: Sep 14, 2020 at 06:41 PM »
That 2011 Mavs team only had one all star in Dirk. The rest were very good role players and former all stars in Jason Terry, Jason Kidd, Shawn Marion, JJ Barea, Caron Butler,etc.  So it does fit as a team with one Superstar winning a championship.

It's the year Dirk turned from choke artist to bonafide Superstar.

Correct. Dirk did most of the heavy lifting when they won the championship against 3 All stars of Miami.  Dirk cemented his legacy that year.

It can be argued that he had Kidd as a sidekick but Kidd was already in the twilight of his career and he averaged only 7PPG during the entire year when Dallas won it all. Far cry from his 17ppg/11apg/7rpg averages during his All Star years.   

After winning the Championship Kidd felt disillusioned when the team was broken up by Cuban and he jumped ship to new York for his final year before retiring.  In hindsight Cuban never regretted that decision.  The team was never given the opportunity to defend their title.
« Last Edit: Sep 14, 2020 at 06:44 PM by synchro_01 »
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 794
« Reply #2858 on: Sep 14, 2020 at 07:52 PM »
Rondo may be a Pitbull, a refined and super intelligent at that. But si Beverly? Diba parang askal na asong ulu lang sya? Nakakasira kse sya ng laro ng basketball for both his team and the opposing team. OA na sya maglaro wala namang real contribution, panira lang sya ng laro. Ang angas pa, puro reklamo.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/clippers-patrick-beverley-fouls-out-in-18-minutes/
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 428
« Reply #2859 on: Sep 14, 2020 at 07:58 PM »
Wala pala nba bukas, nasanay masyado.. Buti na lng may NFL na
The Pats way...

Offline JeromeA

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I am not in danger, I am the Danger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 305
« Reply #2860 on: Sep 14, 2020 at 08:59 PM »
Whoever it is that the Lakers will face in the next round will face their daunting defense and highly charged bench unit.  Their 3 point shooting has improved, Playoff Rondo is now here plus the confidence and hustle of Caruso, Kuzma and rookie wildcard Horton Tucker.

I have a feeling that LBJ has something to prove if he squares off against Kawhi.  Their last game against the Clips prior to Covid lockdown is a small sample of that. He was always demanding for isolation against Kawhi that night both in defense and offense. And when all was said and done this happened:

And they will face now the playoff mode lebron james..

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2861 on: Sep 14, 2020 at 09:02 PM »

Oo nga kaya sana mabigyan ng sample to pag nakatapat nila lakers.yung magawa sya ky jason terry na humarang harang ky lebron

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2862 on: Sep 14, 2020 at 09:05 PM »
Correct. Dirk did most of the heavy lifting when they won the championship against 3 All stars of Miami.  Dirk cemented his legacy that year.

It can be argued that he had Kidd as a sidekick but Kidd was already in the twilight of his career and he averaged only 7PPG during the entire year when Dallas won it all. Far cry from his 17ppg/11apg/7rpg averages during his All Star years.   

After winning the Championship Kidd felt disillusioned when the team was broken up by Cuban and he jumped ship to new York for his final year before retiring.  In hindsight Cuban never regretted that decision.  The team was never given the opportunity to defend their title.

Saka malakas p si tyson chandler nun

Kaka pursue nila ky dwight howard kaya binuwag yung championship line up eh. Sayang talaga yun

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 339
« Reply #2863 on: Sep 15, 2020 at 07:08 AM »
(AP) - Preview capsule for the Boston-Miami Eastern Conference finals that start tomorrow:

No. 3 BOSTON CELTICS (48-24, 8-3) vs. No. 5 MIAMI HEAT (44-29, 8-1)

Season series: Celtics, 2-1.

Story line: The NBA will have a new champion and the winner of this first-of-its-kind Eastern Conference finals will have a chance to be it. With Miami ousting league-leading Milwaukee and Boston outlasting defending champion Toronto in the last round, this is the first time neither the No. 1 nor No. 2 seed reached the East finals since the NBA went to the 16-team playoff format in 1984. The No. 5 Heat are bidding to become the lowest-seeded team in the NBA Finals since the New York Knicks were No. 8 in 1999.

Key matchup: Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown vs. Jimmy Butler. Tatum showed every bit of his blossoming game in the deciding contest against Toronto, finishing with 29 points, 12 rebounds and seven assists. Brown averaged 26.3 points in the final three games of the series. But now Butler, a defensive stopper on the wings, can take turns trying to cool whichever one has the hotter hand.

Injury watch: Gordon Hayward is expected to be available at some point in the series after spraining his right ankle at the start of Boston's sweep of Philadelphia in the first round.

Numbers of note: Miami is 5-2 all-time in the Eastern Conference finals, winning the last five. ... The Celtics are in the East finals for the third time in four years. ... Butler scored 25 or more points in the second half twice in the series against Milwaukee. ... Boston is allowing 100 points per game in the playoffs, tops in the league. Miami is second at 103.7.

Prediction: Heat in 7.

====

Forgot about Hayward, who has been ruled out tomorrow. Seems like the Celtics are playing well without him, although they need to match Miami’s bench depth. I expect G1 to be a feel-out game and agree it’s going to be a long series.

As for the WC, I expect the Clips to advance and will be really surprised if they don’t. Jokic is right though: all the pressure is on the Clips - just the way underdogs like the Nuggets want it. 

We deserve better.

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 365
« Reply #2864 on: Sep 15, 2020 at 07:44 AM »
Indeed, for now, the CELTICS are playing much better without Hayward, since it made the CELTICS give Marcus Smart heavy minutes - moreso against a guard-centric RAPTORS.

For all of his antics, Marcus Smart has always been a a decent scorer and an elite defender ........... a nice fit with Tatum and Brown during tight games, so far.

Brad Stevens is a smart coach, he won't force Hayward and if he's available, will bring him in slowly and in spurts.

========================================================================

I like the HEAT though - the way they play and lock-in is very similar to those 2004 PISTONS (IMO one of the greatest championship wins ever).

Note that except for Igoudala (9th pick in 2004) who joined them early this year, the HEAT doesn't have a player drafted within the Top 10 ......... they're a collection of low picks, and undrafted players.

The safe money bet would be the CELTICS ......... but everyone should love this HEAT underdog story. Give me the HEAT in 6 or 7 games.

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2865 on: Sep 15, 2020 at 07:56 AM »
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29885281/sources-bucks-tell-giannis-antetokounmpo-spend-build-him

nangako na agad ang bucks magbibigay maayos na supporting cast ky Giannis.. haha. kaba kaba mode na..

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1439
« Reply #2866 on: Sep 15, 2020 at 08:06 AM »
Gordon Hayward has never been the same since his almost career ending injury.

Takot na sumalaksak and very conscious sa kilos. Halatang nag iingat ng husto.

Smart on the other hand became a much better player. Dati puro turnovers at palpak madalas pero ngayon mas consistent na.

Ang tagal ng game 1!

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2867 on: Sep 15, 2020 at 08:20 AM »
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29885281/sources-bucks-tell-giannis-antetokounmpo-spend-build-him

nangako na agad ang bucks magbibigay maayos na supporting cast ky Giannis.. haha. kaba kaba mode na..

They missed the play making and shooting skill of 2017 ROY Malcolm Brogdon which they traded for picks. Instead of re-signing to a new contract nagtipid sila and signed Bledsoe instead. 
« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2020 at 12:03 PM by synchro_01 »
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Online vinci

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 967
« Reply #2868 on: Sep 15, 2020 at 08:41 AM »
I was watching First Take kanina on Youtube and they were talking about the Clippers. Pinakita nila yung history of blowing out series leads since 2013.  Halos every year yata! Naisip ko tibay din ni Coach Doc. Pag this time they were elininated by Denver. Maniniwala na ko na "cursed" ang Clippers.

Go Nuggets!

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2869 on: Sep 15, 2020 at 08:46 AM »
Dati injuries ang issue nila pag playoffs. Lob City Clippers was built to compete but couldn't get it done.

I still believe that Jamal Murray is due for a big game.  Bigat ng mga bumabantay sa kanya (Kawhi, George, Beverly) but he still manages to get his points.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Online vinci

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 967
« Reply #2870 on: Sep 15, 2020 at 08:51 AM »
^
Ah yes. Na recall ko na yung mga injuries nila CP3, etc come playoffs. Sayang din kung iisipin. Pro ganun talaga. Di pa payag ang basketball gods na papasukin sa WCF ang Clips noon. We will see this game 7 kung papayagan na sila. 😄

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2143
« Reply #2871 on: Sep 15, 2020 at 11:40 AM »
I believe in The Mighty Mighty Boston (Celtics). Celtics in 6.
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Online stevesonk

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • apo ng magniniyog kaya siponin,ang tatay utotin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4509
« Reply #2872 on: Sep 15, 2020 at 01:51 PM »

========================================================================

I like the HEAT though - the way they play and lock-in is very similar to those 2004 PISTONS (IMO one of the greatest championship wins ever).

+1
Deeetroit... Basketball...!!  O0
Omega 2
Krell KAV 300i
Marantz CD6004
REGA DAC
HP DV3
Transparent cables
Tara Labs
PSB M4U 2

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2873 on: Sep 15, 2020 at 03:59 PM »
Ang COY ba ay Coach ng Heat? Parang si Butler lang superstar nila pero pumasok sa ECF.

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1439
« Reply #2874 on: Sep 15, 2020 at 04:07 PM »
Ang COY ba ay Coach ng Heat? Parang si Butler lang superstar nila pero pumasok sa ECF.

backed by possible future ones (Herro and Robinson) and great role players (Adebayo and Crowder) tapos Dragic with all his veteran experience.

they get things in balance so very interesting to find out how they fair in the next round.

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #2875 on: Sep 15, 2020 at 04:54 PM »
when the Spurs are out, I go for the underdogs ... I'll cheer for any team from the East making it to the finals, but I'm hoping that coach Spo gets another one
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2876 on: Sep 15, 2020 at 09:13 PM »
They missed the play making and shooting skill of 2017 ROY Malcolm Brogdon which they traded for picks. Instead of re-signing to a new contract nagtipid sila and signed Bledsoe instead.

Oo nga nung nakita ko naglaro to sa pacers.mahusay. sureball pa

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2877 on: Sep 15, 2020 at 09:17 PM »

Coach ng bulok na raptors ang nag COY si nick nurse.kaya siguro nag COY kasi nakarating sila ng 2nd round na gamit ang mga walang kwentang players. Yun ata basehan.

Bwisit nakapusta pa man din ako at ang gagaling nung regular season

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #2878 on: Sep 15, 2020 at 10:01 PM »
Coach ng bulok na raptors ang nag COY si nick nurse.kaya siguro nag COY kasi nakarating sila ng 2nd round na gamit ang mga walang kwentang players. Yun ata basehan.

Bwisit nakapusta pa man din ako at ang gagaling nung regular season

COY is voted upon on the last game of the regular season.  Nurse won COY exactly because of your last statement.  Voters couldn't predict what would happen to the Raptors in the second round.

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2879 on: Sep 15, 2020 at 10:58 PM »
COY is voted upon on the last game of the regular season.  Nurse won COY exactly because of your last statement.  Voters couldn't predict what would happen to the Raptors in the second round.

oo nga eh.. kagagaling. lalo na si siakam