Author Topic: 2019-2020 NBA Season - Draft Day to Playoffs  (Read 416691 times)

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 787
Re: 2019-2020 NBA Season - Draft Day to Playoffs
« Reply #3630 on: Sep 30, 2020 at 09:38 AM »
How can we hate Kawhi, hindi mayabang, tahimik lang, pa-simple lang mga demands, hindi halata.  :)

It's largely the fault of the media personalities who crowned him as the "new king". And then he couldn't deliver this year.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Online synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 854
« Reply #3631 on: Sep 30, 2020 at 10:53 AM »
How can we hate Kawhi, hindi mayabang, tahimik lang, pa-simple lang mga demands, hindi halata.  :)

One of his demands is for him not to play a significant portion of the regular season. I wonder how does that sink in with the other Clippers players who have had injuries as well and/or needs rest just like him.

Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 357
« Reply #3632 on: Sep 30, 2020 at 11:04 AM »
One of his demands is for him not to play a significant portion of the regular season.

Load management - perfected by the SPURS & was even mentioned by many as a favoring factor for the RAPTORS 'chip last year,

Team initiated, with inputs from coaches, trainers, the players.

Seriously bro, I'm not aware of Kawhi actually initiating this, demanding this from the CLIPPERS ............. is there any video, quoted articles etc of this ?

Online synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3633 on: Sep 30, 2020 at 11:19 AM »
No article. When he signed with the Clips it was announced that he will be given load management for the season which is the same as what he got from Toronto.  If it was initiated by him or the team I don't think it goes well with the other players from a leadership standpoint.  I understand the scenario in Toronto because he came from a nasty and lingering injury. Iba na scenario when he got to the Clippers where he is expected to lead.

Yung sa Spurs naman is because Timmy, Tony and Manu were already in their twilight years with tons of mileage.  Same thing as taking a seat during practice siguro like Kobe in his twilight years pwede pa pero to not play in the game itself?  Signing a player to not play?  Seems counter productive when you are building your leadership equity within the team that you just joined.

For the likes of Bird, Magic, Jordan, Kobe, Shaq etc...they got it done numerous times without load management.   
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2020 at 11:26 AM by synchro_01 »
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline bogart.2006

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1869
« Reply #3634 on: Sep 30, 2020 at 11:24 AM »
Media blames Kawhi and PG for the firing of Coach Doc.

This is going to look really bad for each players' reputation.  Chokers and now coach killers. 

Funny but for me the most significant impact that they can do for next season is to get a player/leader.  Irony is that they traded one of the best a few years ago and he plays for OKC now.

i don't think Kawhi's rep will suffer from this year's playoffs.  wala na siyang need pang patunayan, he was won in SA and TOR. if anything, si Paul George ang may problem kasi he hasn't won wherever he's been, whether as the lead guy or as a No. 2.

i also don't see Chris Paul as someone that can lead a team to a championship, he doesn't have the track record.  he hasn't won and is despised everywhere he's been except maybe in OKC.

Offline bogart.2006

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3635 on: Sep 30, 2020 at 11:27 AM »
No article. When he signed with the Clips it was announced that he will be given load management for the season which is the same as what he got from Toronto.  If it was initiated by him or the team I don't think it goes well with the other players from a leadership standpoint.  I understand the scenario in Toronto because he came from a nasty and lingering injury. Iba na scenario when he got to the Clippers where he is expected to lead.

Yung sa Spurs naman is because Timmy, Tony and Manu were already in their twilight years with tons of mileage.  Same thing as taking a seat during practice siguro like Kobe in his twilight years pwede pa pero to not play in the game itself?  Signing a player to not play?  Seems counter productive when you are building your leadership equity within the team that you just joined.

every team does load management with their superstars. if you're not a superstar and you can't accept load management ng star player niyo, then you're not playing your role.  the team needs to find players na may ganyang issues and let them go.  in order for a team to succeed, dapat lahat ng players may buy-in sa direction

kawhi did it his only year with TOR and they won. ung issues with load management goes both ways, sa supposed leader taking days off and the players accepting their roles and the team's direction
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2020 at 11:29 AM by bogart.2006 »

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3636 on: Sep 30, 2020 at 11:31 AM »

Exactly my point about the SPURS (yes load management was for preserving main players, particularly the old dudes) ........... RAPTORS had to do load management for Kawhi's lingering injury (way back Zaza).

Even the HEAT during Lebron's time, did load management (though not as extensive as the SPURS) to preserve their stars for the long grind playoffs.

The CLIPPERS had an instant championship contender and for choking, the fault lies with the team, mostly with leaders Doc, PG and Kawhi ............. but for an actual player to initiate and demand not to play games - it's a bit of a stretch and ridiculous.

Any player (star or not) will get absolutely destroyed by the media and the sports community if this ever happened.

Online synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3637 on: Sep 30, 2020 at 11:59 AM »
Whatever the case may be....if it was part of the bargain with Kawhi and his uncle or team initiated,  in my opinion the circumstances should align for load management to be beneficial and not be a detriment. Injured sya when TOR got him.  Wala naman yata syang lingering injury this year plus he is the Alpha of the team.

I get the point wherein one needs to be a team player to understand the team direction and buy in sa program however not everybody will buy in and that doesnt make them a bad employee. baka yung direction ang questionable that's why hindi absolute yung buy in.

Many analysts who are close to the teams say that he seldom talks and leads by example.

Also, What your take on the story na wala syang input sa decision ni Ballmer to replace Rivers?   Star player sya ng team.  Definitely he was consulted.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3638 on: Sep 30, 2020 at 12:10 PM »

Also, What your take on the story na wala syang input sa decision ni Ballmer to replace Rivers?   Star player sya ng team.  Definitely he was consulted.

Yes, in today's NBA, team superstars needs to be informed and consulted of such moves - moreso, Doc coaching the CLIPPERS (he has credibility) was one reason why Kawhi & PG came on board the first place.

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2119
« Reply #3639 on: Sep 30, 2020 at 12:11 PM »
Yes!

Erik Spoelstra Is the Best Coach in Basketball

https://www.gq.com/story/erik-spoelstra-the-best-coach-in-basketball
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Online synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3640 on: Sep 30, 2020 at 12:18 PM »
Yes, in today's NBA, team superstars needs to be informed and consulted of such moves - moreso, Doc coaching the CLIPPERS (he has credibility) was one reason why Kawhi & PG came on board the first place.

Whoever they get as the next coach needs to get the job done coz after the season is over they may well be on the path of a rebuild minus all of the draft pick for the next 3 years and without the two main stars that you recently acquired.
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2020 at 12:31 PM by synchro_01 »
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline dyerds

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #3641 on: Sep 30, 2020 at 12:20 PM »
If I remember it right. Spurs introduced this 'load management' when Duncan was in his latter part of his career kasi nga tumatanda na. Then they applied it to Ginobili and Parker nung tumanda na rin sila. Then kay Kawhi nung nagkaroon ng injury. Naging pangit na lang ang perception ng tao sa load management kasi inabuso ng mga superstars kasi kahit wala naman talagang iniinda o nasa prime pa ng career nila nagde-demand ng load management. Syempre para tumagal ang career at maiwasan ang mabilis na wear and tear ng katawan. Ngayon yata kasama na yan bago sila mag-sign ng contract. In short, naging pabebe na talaga players ng era na to. Demands dito, demand dyan. Who can blame them eh nandun yung opportunity.

Medyo OT
I still love watching the NBA pero ngayon especially dito sa bubble konting mahanggi lang yung player tumatalsik na kaagad sa floor tapos ang tagal nakahiga. Yung tipong sobrang sakit na sakit sa nangyari tapos maya-maya ang lakas na uli. Parang WWE lang ang dating.

Btw, I think Denver was the better team over Clippers. Hindi umubra yung small ball nila. Naging big difference talaga si Jokic sa series na yun. Kung intact pa rin ang roster ng Clippers next year kailangan nilang magdagdag ng big men if they want to contend sa West. Kahit mga tipong Nurkic na big.
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2020 at 12:22 PM by dyerds »

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 427
« Reply #3642 on: Sep 30, 2020 at 12:34 PM »
I saw a series handicap, heat +2 wins at 1.5..
The Pats way...

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 410
« Reply #3643 on: Sep 30, 2020 at 03:59 PM »
One of his demands is for him not to play a significant portion of the regular season. I wonder how does that sink in with the other Clippers players who have had injuries as well and/or needs rest just like him.

Meron pa nabalita his uncle asked for part ownership sa franchise ng Lakers. At una daw ni-recruit si KD at Kyre bago si PG13.

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #3644 on: Sep 30, 2020 at 04:02 PM »
Ang tingin ko magiging problema ng Lakers sa Heat ay sila Robinson at Herro. Trabaho sana ni Bradley yun eh. Si Kuzma gagawin lang asintahan yun. Eto na yung time na dapat bumalik yung shooting ni Danny Green at KCP para medyo lumuwag yung zone defense ng Miami.

Offline JeromeA

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I am not in danger, I am the Danger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 304
« Reply #3645 on: Sep 30, 2020 at 05:36 PM »
Ang tingin ko magiging problema ng Lakers sa Heat ay sila Robinson at Herro. Trabaho sana ni Bradley yun eh. Si Kuzma gagawin lang asintahan yun. Eto na yung time na dapat bumalik yung shooting ni Danny Green at KCP para medyo lumuwag yung zone defense ng Miami.

Kaya yan. Nahirapan nga mga prime scorers ng NBA eh. Pero sayang talaga si bradley.

Offline JeromeA

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I am not in danger, I am the Danger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 304
« Reply #3646 on: Sep 30, 2020 at 05:38 PM »
Dapat kasi kung gusto pala ni kawhi load management nag lakers nalang sya.atleast in-game load mismo mawawala sa kanya. Arte arte kasi nag clips pa eh.

Online synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3647 on: Sep 30, 2020 at 06:04 PM »
Kaya yan. Nahirapan nga mga prime scorers ng NBA eh. Pero sayang talaga si bradley.

Here is the list:
CJ
Dame
Harden
Murray

All of these dudes have the ability to create their own shots sa labas at loob. Mga masters din sila on playing off the ball.  Lahat di umubra sa depensa ng Lakers.
Duncan Rob is a set shooter with a quick release.  Very poor in creating his own shot.  Herro on the other hand is more lethal coz he can create for himself and for others.   
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #3648 on: Sep 30, 2020 at 10:43 PM »
 pag pumutok bukas yung Splash bros ng Heat....gandang laban yan  :)

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #3649 on: Oct 01, 2020 at 06:46 AM »
game... :) :) :)
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3650 on: Oct 01, 2020 at 06:57 AM »
These LAKERS are the super, overwhelming favorites to win the FINALS ........... the NBA has ALWAYS been about superstars & LA has 2 of the top 5 players in the world.

But maybe, just maybe DETROIT PISTONS 2004 happen all over again.

======================================================================

Ulitin ko lang yung old post ko before HEAT-CELTICS.

The safe money bet would be the CELTICS LAKERS ......... but everyone should love this HEAT underdog story. Give me the HEAT in 6 or 7 games.

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #3651 on: Oct 01, 2020 at 07:56 AM »
Yown! Ang pagbabalik ni dpogs sa NBA Thread. Win-win situation din ito.

May the Best team win!

Offline stevesonk

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • apo ng magniniyog kaya siponin,ang tatay utotin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4457
« Reply #3652 on: Oct 01, 2020 at 08:15 AM »
may surprice ang heat..! si coach spo maglalaro..!  ^-^
Omega 2
Krell KAV 300i
Marantz CD6004
REGA DAC
HP DV3
Transparent cables
Tara Labs
PSB M4U 2

Offline bogart.2006

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3653 on: Oct 01, 2020 at 08:43 AM »
These LAKERS are the super, overwhelming favorites to win the FINALS ........... the NBA has ALWAYS been about superstars & LA has 2 of the top 5 players in the world.

But maybe, just maybe DETROIT PISTONS 2004 happen all over again.

======================================================================

Ulitin ko lang yung old post ko before HEAT-CELTICS.

The safe money bet would be the CELTICS LAKERS ......... but everyone should love this HEAT underdog story. Give me the HEAT in 6 or 7 games.

For me, the series hinges on Bam Adebayo, both on defense and on offense

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3654 on: Oct 01, 2020 at 08:56 AM »
This series is for the LAKERS to lose. The LAKERS are the heavily favored, by a mile ............ It's a superstar-driven sport and the LAKERS have two transcendent superstars, Lebron & AD.

The LAKERS are too big, too athletic with a decent bench .............. perhaps (big perhaps) their only weakness, the long ball.

Pang-silat lang ang HEAT ........... HEAT's only chance is to shoot lights-out, slow-down the game with their defensive schemes and keep it close in Q4 .......... Baka maka-silat.

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3655 on: Oct 01, 2020 at 09:24 AM »
Looking good.

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #3656 on: Oct 01, 2020 at 09:26 AM »
Nice start for the Heat! 

Offline vinci

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 956
« Reply #3657 on: Oct 01, 2020 at 09:36 AM »
Yan! Dikdik sa loob. 2 fouls fished na kay Bam.

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #3658 on: Oct 01, 2020 at 09:39 AM »
heat should know that small ball wont work against the lakers.

adebayo early foul trouble.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3659 on: Oct 01, 2020 at 09:46 AM »
One thing, very noticeable ............... ang sagwa nang half-court Finals logo !   ;D