Author Topic: USB cables  (Read 842 times)

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
USB cables
« on: Aug 12, 2019 at 04:28 PM »
What USB cable are you guys running into you DAC? (If you don’t believe USB cables make a difference in sound, then I can’t help you).

I came form a generic printer cable to a Locus Polestar years ago and the improvement in music was immediately apparent and undeniable. I’m sure there are better cables out there.  Please share.
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline gambit21

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Collector
  • We Strike!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 105
Re: USB cables
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12, 2019 at 07:54 PM »
Purple Plus USB Cable by Analysis Plus for me.  Tightened up the bass, which is the kind of bass that I like.  Marked improvement as well with clarity yet remaining natural sounding.

Offline JoeyGS

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 181
« Reply #2 on: Aug 13, 2019 at 10:24 AM »
Paul Pang USB and SATA cables

Offline Arulco

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 688
« Reply #3 on: Aug 13, 2019 at 09:38 PM »
I went from a printer cable to a Manhattan USB cable both had interference issues which sounded like buzzing and made the music sound distorted.

I tried my brother's Analysis Plus Black USB cable, and there was no interference and naturally, everything sounded fuller and with more clarity. Shortly after that, I bought a Wireworld Ultraviolet USB cable and I have been satisfied with it ever since. The Ultraviolet got physically damaged recently, so I replaced it with a cheaper, lower-end Wire World Chroma USB cable. To my ears, the Chroma sounds the same as the Ultraviolet.

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #4 on: Aug 14, 2019 at 01:43 PM »
Paul Pang USB and SATA cables

Hi Joey,

May I ask where you bought the Paul Pang cable?  Is this the one with 2 USB-A terminations and 1 USB-B termination?
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline JoeyGS

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 181
« Reply #5 on: Aug 15, 2019 at 03:50 PM »
The Paul Pang cables can be sourced locally too thru a local distributor.  (Victor Sow - 0917-855-0668; PDVD handle rotciv64)

For Paul Pang, its single termination at both ends ....  it is what I use from PC USB to iFi Audio's iUSB Power input.

Then, I use the Y-cable USB iFi audio on the iFi Audio's iUSB Power Output so that power and data/signal is separate wherein the clean power is now supplied from the iUSB Power unit.

Hi Joey,

May I ask where you bought the Paul Pang cable?  Is this the one with 2 USB-A terminations and 1 USB-B termination?