Author Topic: Shipping large TVs  (Read 15287 times)

Offline Ice Storm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
Shipping large TVs
« on: Aug 16, 2019 at 08:54 AM »
The package weight is 30lb with dimension of 41x21x8. Ideally sea freight.

Offline kevindd992002

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • I'm new here! Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Shipping large TVs
« Reply #1 on: Aug 28, 2019 at 10:07 AM »
You stated the TV dimensions/weight but what is your question?

Offline dencio105

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 205
« Reply #2 on: Aug 28, 2019 at 02:15 PM »
If Ice Storm is asking for shipping cost of TV from the US, I had a quote before for a 65 in tv with a door to door shipping price of USD400.00 all in. My friend who has a forwarding business based in San Francisco also told me that they usually charge USD21.00 per cuft of the box. One month surface shipping time. Hope this help.

Offline kevindd992002

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2019 at 01:15 PM »
I'm planning to buy an LG OLED C9 55" too and it has these dimensions:

53" x 31.9" x 8.1"

Any idea how much it would cost via sea freight?

Offline frequenzy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #4 on: Nov 09, 2019 at 03:10 PM »
when I asked before with myshoppingbox for a 55 it's around 300+ dollars. take note that it will not have warranty here.

Offline ALICE GO

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Nov 09, 2019 at 03:45 PM »
FOREX Cargo will asks P20,000+ (with $200 to $500 indemnity payment from them in case of damage) for shipping a large TV. When I got this info five years ago, I had not entertained the thought of getting a fancy TV anymore from North America. Might as well use that shipping expense to add to my budget, and go for a Sony TV whose features is the same as that of its US/European counterparts. Why not call "Wel," you might snagged a 65" Sony A9G, called the finest (OLED) TV in the world by the A/V publications...

Offline kevindd992002

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2019 at 07:50 PM »
FOREX Cargo will asks P20,000+ (with $200 to $500 indemnity payment from them in case of damage) for shipping a large TV. When I got this info five years ago, I had not entertained the thought of getting a fancy TV anymore from North America. Might as well use that shipping expense to add to my budget, and go for a Sony TV whose features is the same as that of its US/European counterparts. Why not call "Wel," you might snagged a 65" Sony A9G, called the finest (OLED) TV in the world by the A/V publications...

I asked POBox and they quoted me $425! That's absurd!

What do you exactly mean by "Why not call "Wel," you might snagged a 65" Sony A9G, called the finest (OLED) TV in the world by the A/V publications..."? I'm confused.

Offline pekspert

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2019 at 08:02 PM »
if you will have 1 shipped, go for the 85" tv's para sulit
84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Online jas

• Trade Count: (+425)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1227
« Reply #8 on: Nov 27, 2019 at 09:06 AM »
What do you exactly mean by "Why not call "Wel," you might snagged a 65" Sony A9G, called the finest (OLED) TV in the world by the A/V publications..."? I'm confused.

I'm guessing ALICE GO is referring to welcRs, a PDVD seller in the Marketplace. Here is the relevant selling thread....

https://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,218227.0.html

Offline ALICE GO

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Nov 27, 2019 at 11:04 AM »
THAT WAS closed - P20,000 quoted shipping cost from Forex Cargo from that of POBOX's $425 (P21,000+). Cannot see any wisdom of getting a TV from the US unless one for some compelling reason wants a used or refurbished commercial display, a medical-grade giant-screen monitor, or a 6- or 8-year old Panasonic ZT60 or a Kuro plasma. If you'll check the dollar prices against that of local pricing, you'd be glad to find out that local pricing always wins in value. And there's no "state taxes" or global shipping Custom tariffs to trouble one when the unit finally arrives. "Wel" is Rowel who is one of PDVD's vendor poster. He is bound to give you a good deal, and he'll even deliver the TV (or a washing machine) to your house. Check that Panasonic OLED that was cited and pictured in the OLED TV forum post, earned accolades from UK/Europe A/V reviewers but is being sold here but not in the US....