Author Topic: replacement driver  (Read 463 times)

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
replacement driver
« on: Nov 15, 2019 at 08:46 AM »
I have a pair of MBQ QL60C floorstanders. Its has 2-woofers, 1 mid and 1 high and rated at 4ohms max of 180w. The 6.5" 7ohms woofer i think is broken (may garalgal na tunog) and i want to change it.

I spotted a 6.5" MBQuart 4 ohms speakers driver for car speakers in Lazada and im thinking of buying that as a replacement. May I solicit opinions before I buy it, please.? Thanks sa lahat ng mag cocomment.
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline noob

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5372
Re: replacement driver
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:41 PM »
I have a pair of MBQ QL60C floorstanders. Its has 2-woofers, 1 mid and 1 high and rated at 4ohms max of 180w. The 6.5" 7ohms woofer i think is broken (may garalgal na tunog) and i want to change it.

I spotted a 6.5" MBQuart 4 ohms speakers driver for car speakers in Lazada and im thinking of buying that as a replacement. May I solicit opinions before I buy it, please.? Thanks sa lahat ng mag cocomment.

the one you spotted in lazada might be for car stereo which is a three-way driver.  it will then be a different woofer driver for your floorstander.  your option may be is to rewind the coil of the driver?

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
Re: replacement driver
« Reply #2 on: Nov 15, 2019 at 03:05 PM »
the one you spotted in lazada might be for car stereo which is a three-way driver.  it will then be a different woofer driver for your floorstander.  your option may be is to rewind the coil of the driver?

Yes for car stereo. maybe good to experiment.  ;)
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II