Author Topic: Now I'm Happy  (Read 896 times)

Offline drhiredgun

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • res ipsa loquitur! ...57 guns and counting...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
Now I'm Happy
« on: Nov 23, 2019 at 01:01 PM »
After years of experimenting, I am now happy with my humble set-up/s.

First set up (for less critical listening)

-Cyrus 5 integrated amp
-SMSL M8 DAC
-Zidoo X9s (as my music player)
-Klipsch RM150
- Rel T-zero subwoofer (via hi-level input)

Impression: wow! The T-zero made a difference. The mids and highs of the Klipschs were very much complimented by the Rel. The instruments are textured...sweet and easy.

Second set-up:

- Proceed BPA 3
- Emotiva BASX PT100
- Cheap Pioneer SACD player
- Sony   UBP-X700 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player (for SACD and USB)
- Audio-Technica - AT-LP3 TT (yeah...I'm getting old so I opted for the automatic version)
- Dali Zensor
- Rel T-zero subwoofer (via line level)

I previously thought the Proceed will not improve with any other pre-amps as I was using the Cyrus' preamp section. But once I hooked the BASX PT100...I was floored. Everything opened up...sound stage was something to die for...blending of the Dalis to the Rel was a breeze and almost perfect. Not earth shaking but critical....agile and fast. Mids well-defined, Highs were sweet and non-fatiguing. My old CDs were given a fresh breath and now fully appreciated. Vinyls never played beautifully. The Emotiva's preamp built in DAC and phone stage were superb. BT  function comes in handy, too..

More reviews after giving the system to burn in more....and maybe with the Audio Nirvana Classic 10 once I finish the cabinets.

Thanks guys.

Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retard

Offline Icermad

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 21
Re: Now I'm Happy
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2019 at 11:25 PM »
Congrats bro :)

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2019 at 03:24 PM »
Congratulations!
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline drhiredgun

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • res ipsa loquitur! ...57 guns and counting...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2019 at 08:35 PM »
I would like to personally thank Sir Superman for the hi-res musics which sounded really heavenly, sir jao143 for the Proceed amp, sir jambam for the Pioneer SACD player and to the PDVD community for the hobby....because at the end of the day I could somehow relax from the day's work. Maraming salamat po.
Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retard