Author Topic: All About Disney+  (Read 14837 times)

Offline Tha_Mann

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
Re: All About Disney+
« Reply #150 on: Feb 01, 2023 at 07:30 PM »
Meron na Wakanda Forever

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 338
« Reply #151 on: Feb 03, 2023 at 12:39 PM »
Star Wars: Visions Volume 2 starts streaming May 4 on Disney+, featuring nine new animated shorts from these nine studios from across the globe:

We deserve better.

Offline jas

• Trade Count: (+425)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1225
« Reply #152 on: Mar 21, 2023 at 07:32 AM »
Mephisto MCU Special Presentation Reportedly Being Filmed

Marvel Studios has delivered one special presentation to Disney+ so far in the form of Werewolf by Night. According to a new report, however, another could be coming, and feature the devilish character Mephisto.

The latest report comes courtesy of the latest episode of The Hot Mic podcast, with Above the Line’s Jeff Sneider noting that sources have told him that a special dedicated to Mephisto is being filmed on the set of another Disney+ series, Agatha: Coven of Chaos. To add to that, Sneider also noted that Sacha Baron Cohen would be the one playing Mephisto.

“They told me there’s a Mephisto special shooting right now on the set of [Agatha: Coven of Chaos] with Sacha Baren Cohen,” Sneider said on the podcast. “It sounds like they may be doing his very own special.”

While not too much else is known about the special, Cohen’s role as Mephisto has been rumored for a couple of months now, dating back to an early October report that he would appear in the Agatha-based spin-off. While not too much is known about his role, the insider did note that The Hood — who will be played by Anthony Ramos — will receive his magical powers from Mephisto after coming to a deal with him. In the comics, this deal was done with the cosmic entity Dormammu, who appeared in the 2016 Doctor Strange film. However, that seems to be changing a bit now to accommodate the arrival of Mephisto.

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1274912-mephisto-mcu-special-presentation-reportedly-being-filmed

Offline bachwitz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Musica delenit bestiam feram
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 32
« Reply #153 on: Mar 29, 2023 at 01:50 PM »
Beatles Get Back by Peter Jackson should be in Disney+.

But I can't seem to search for it. Anyone has luck?

Offline jas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: Apr 20, 2023 at 03:19 PM »

Celebrating Stan Lee’s centennial year with a new documentary on The Man. Premiering at the Tribeca Film Festival and streaming June 16, 2023 on Disney+.

Offline khu64

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #155 on: May 11, 2023 at 08:15 AM »
Disney+ to Add Hulu Content in ‘One-App Experience’ Later in 2023, Prices for Disney+ to Increase

CEO Bob Iger says Disney+ will include more "general entertainment content" but doesn't decisively say whether Disney will buy out Comcast's Hulu stake

https://variety.com/2023/digital/news/disney-hulu-one-app-experience-later-in-2023-1235609003/

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3193)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2577
« Reply #156 on: May 18, 2023 at 05:06 PM »
Date Announce | Indiana Jones | Disney+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1JYUpt965E
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline jas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #157 on: May 19, 2023 at 09:21 AM »
‘Willow,’ ‘Dollface’ Among Dozens of Titles Being Pulled From Disney+, Hulu in Cost-Cutting Move

Disney’s content culling from Disney+ and Hulu is coming as early as next week — with the media company pulling off at least four dozen titles, including series “Willow,” “The Mysterious Benedict Society” and “Dollface,” and movies such as “The One and Only Ivan.”

At the same time, CEO Bob Iger told investors last week that the company expects to raise the price on the ad-free Disney+ tier later this year “to better reflect the value of our content offerings.”

https://variety.com/2023/digital/news/disney-plus-hulu-content-removed-willow-dollface-1235618280/

Offline khu64

• DVD Guru
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #158 on: Jun 03, 2023 at 04:55 PM »
Disney to Take $1.5 Billion Content Write-Off Charge in June Quarter After Pulling Dozens of Titles From Streaming Services

Disney, after removing dozens of shows and movies from Disney+ and Hulu last week, said it will incur a $1.5 billion impairment charge for the June quarter.

In an SEC filing Friday, the company said that on May 26, 2023, it removed “certain produced content” from its direct-to-consumer streaming services. As a result, Disney will record a $1.5 billion impairment charge in its fiscal third quarter financial statements “to adjust the carrying value of these content assets to fair value.”

https://variety.com/2023/digital/news/disney-1-5-billion-content-write-off-charge-streaming-1235631877/

Offline bachwitz

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: Jun 05, 2023 at 09:59 AM »
Anybody knows how to set Disney+ to automatically play next episode of a show/series?

Mine stops at every episode and quite annoying you have to use the remove everytime. specially for kids show.

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #160 on: Jun 05, 2023 at 10:27 AM »
We're subscribed to Disney+ PH and the episodes of TV shows/series are on autoplay by default. This does not appear to be customizable in the app settings? You have to manually interrupt the next episode from playing automatically.

Maybe the app needs to be updated?
We deserve better.

Offline bachwitz

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #161 on: Jun 05, 2023 at 04:36 PM »
We're subscribed to Disney+ PH and the episodes of TV shows/series are on autoplay by default. This does not appear to be customizable in the app settings? You have to manually interrupt the next episode from playing automatically.

Maybe the app needs to be updated?

Thanks for the reply sir Wiggum.

The app is webOS in LG tv. The next episode does not play by default. :(

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #162 on: Jun 06, 2023 at 12:12 PM »
^ We also have the Disney+ app installed on our Google TV (Sony) and autoplay is running by default for TV shows/series. Maybe you can try logging out from your Disney+ account on the app and signing back in to see if that solves the problem? Or maybe the Disney+ profile you're using has parental restrictions? I read somewhere that autoplay is disabled with these restrictions.
We deserve better.

Offline kane

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #163 on: Jun 08, 2023 at 03:35 AM »
Are you guys able to get Atmos from Disney plus? Sakin kasi static or hissing sound lang when I select that option. 5.1 works though ,and atmos on netflix is fine (got the atmos led lit up sa receiver. I use strong leap s1 and an onkyo sr393 receiver.

Offline bachwitz

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #164 on: Jun 08, 2023 at 06:08 AM »
^ We also have the Disney+ app installed on our Google TV (Sony) and autoplay is running by default for TV shows/series. Maybe you can try logging out from your Disney+ account on the app and signing back in to see if that solves the problem? Or maybe the Disney+ profile you're using has parental restrictions? I read somewhere that autoplay is disabled with these restrictions.

Thank you! will try this

Offline Fox Mulder

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #165 on: Jun 08, 2023 at 09:23 AM »
Are you guys able to get Atmos from Disney plus? Sakin kasi static or hissing sound lang when I select that option. 5.1 works though ,and atmos on netflix is fine (got the atmos led lit up sa receiver. I use strong leap s1 and an onkyo sr393 receiver.

Do you need to configure anything to get at least 5.1??? I still can't seem to make it work(5.1). Disney+ is installed directly on my Samsung Smart TV, then the TV is connected to the receiver via optical cable.

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #166 on: Jun 08, 2023 at 09:52 AM »
^ Dolby Atmos and 5.1 are automatically available as audio options on the Disney+ app on our Google TV. No additional configuration required. Maybe you need to reinstall the app?

There’s also a Disney+ Philippines FB group that might be able to help.
We deserve better.

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 787
« Reply #167 on: Jun 08, 2023 at 10:24 AM »

Using the Apple TV 4k I am getting Atmos from Disney Plus.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Fox Mulder

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #168 on: Jun 08, 2023 at 10:46 AM »
^ Dolby Atmos and 5.1 are automatically available as audio options on the Disney+ app on our Google TV. No additional configuration required. Maybe you need to reinstall the app?

There’s also a Disney+ Philippines FB group that might be able to help.

Will try re installing the app, thanks for this.

Offline msgt16

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #169 on: Jun 08, 2023 at 02:40 PM »
Do you need to configure anything to get at least 5.1??? I still can't seem to make it work(5.1). Disney+ is installed directly on my Samsung Smart TV, then the TV is connected to the receiver via optical cable.

5.1 and Atmos audio is still not supported by Disney+ PH native app on LG and Smart TVs. :(

Offline Tha_Mann

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #170 on: Jun 08, 2023 at 03:00 PM »
working yung Atmos sa akin using Chromecast with Google TV (CCWGTV) and Yamaha receiver.

unfortunately, not working on Samsung Disney+ app even yung 5.1. kaya I use CCWGTV.

Offline kane

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: Jun 08, 2023 at 11:14 PM »
Thanks guys. I'll try reinstalling the app. Atmos is working in Netflix and Apple TV. So I'm guessing it's either the app, or maybe the android box?

Offline Tha_Mann

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #172 on: Jun 09, 2023 at 09:57 AM »
Thanks guys. I'll try reinstalling the app. Atmos is working in Netflix and Apple TV. So I'm guessing it's either the app, or maybe the android box?

nung first release ng Disney+ app, hindi din available sa CCWGTV yung atmos. after several months, nag update yung app and may atmos na. nabasa ko din dati, depende nga sa android box or tv yung availability ng atmos. kasi duon sa skyworth android tv ko eh nauna magka atmos bago yung CCWGTV, tapos sa MiBox eh wala atmos.

Offline Fox Mulder

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #173 on: Jun 09, 2023 at 11:08 AM »
Mukhang yung Samsung TV (Smart TV lang 2019/not Android) ko ang culprit :(

Sa old LG TV ko lumalabas ang 5.1 option with Disney+ installed on a Firestick TV.

Why can't Disney+ make it as easy and hassle-free as Netflix haayyyy.

Offline khu64

• DVD Guru
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: Jun 10, 2023 at 03:05 AM »

Offline kane

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: Jun 10, 2023 at 08:08 AM »
nung first release ng Disney+ app, hindi din available sa CCWGTV yung atmos. after several months, nag update yung app and may atmos na. nabasa ko din dati, depende nga sa android box or tv yung availability ng atmos. kasi duon sa skyworth android tv ko eh nauna magka atmos bago yung CCWGTV, tapos sa MiBox eh wala atmos.

Tried reinstalling, same pa din. So.mukhang box nga. Anyway 5.1 sounds nice pa din naman. Better pa din sa mibox na 2 channel lang and no dolby support na yata.

Offline Tha_Mann

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: Jun 10, 2023 at 10:34 AM »
Tried reinstalling, same pa din. So.mukhang box nga. Anyway 5.1 sounds nice pa din naman. Better pa din sa mibox na 2 channel lang and no dolby support na yata.
Yup, ok pa din kahit 5.1. ganda ng audio ng Avatar: Way of Water

Offline msgt16

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: Jun 11, 2023 at 10:25 PM »
Any users of Disney+ PH here using Apple TV? Wala po bang hassle? Can stream 4K Dolby Vision and Atmos without hiccups? How about Netflix? Wala ring issue? Currently a Disney+ US subscriber. However, suko na ko sa SmartDNS Proxy. Di makastream ng matino. Halos parati buffering. Naka-annual pa man din ako sa parehas until November. Di kasi supported yung Atmos sa Disney+ PH via LG WebOS. Kung gamit naman Amazon Firestick, limited to 1080p lang yung video stream kahit 4K yung nasa video options ng app. Kaya kuha muna ko ng inputs bago bumili ng Apple TV at magsubs sa Disney+ PH. Yun lang naman at Netflix ang streaming app namin sa bahay. Thanks!

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 787
« Reply #178 on: Jun 12, 2023 at 11:35 AM »
Any users of Disney+ PH here using Apple TV? Wala po bang hassle? Can stream 4K Dolby Vision and Atmos without hiccups? How about Netflix? Wala ring issue? Currently a Disney+ US subscriber. However, suko na ko sa SmartDNS Proxy. Di makastream ng matino. Halos parati buffering. Naka-annual pa man din ako sa parehas until November. Di kasi supported yung Atmos sa Disney+ PH via LG WebOS. Kung gamit naman Amazon Firestick, limited to 1080p lang yung video stream kahit 4K yung nasa video options ng app. Kaya kuha muna ko ng inputs bago bumili ng Apple TV at magsubs sa Disney+ PH. Yun lang naman at Netflix ang streaming app namin sa bahay. Thanks!

I'm using Apple TV 4k the latest version. No problems whatsoever, even the menu screen is already in HDR (my TV is not Dolby Vision capable). Disney + and Netflix, and Apple TV are in 4k and Atmos capable.
« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2023 at 11:37 AM by Conan »
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline msgt16

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: Jun 13, 2023 at 07:19 AM »
I'm using Apple TV 4k the latest version. No problems whatsoever, even the menu screen is already in HDR (my TV is not Dolby Vision capable). Disney + and Netflix, and Apple TV are in 4k and Atmos capable.

Thanks, sir. Though sa ngayon, napagana ko pa yung TiVo Stream 4K ko. Streaming Disney+ PH and Netflix in DV and DA. Medyo mabagal lang UI ni TiVo.