Author Topic: NAD repair guy  (Read 1057 times)

Offline dok

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Take me out, tonight…
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
NAD repair guy
« on: Jan 02, 2020 at 05:31 PM »
happy new year folks!
came back to the office after the holidays and found the left channel of my nad c352 not working.  :(
do you have any recommended repair guy? QC or Marikina area preferably.
thanks in advance!
-

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 255
Re: NAD repair guy
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2020 at 05:01 PM »
Up for this. A friend of mine just found out the NAD amp and cd player he has at his rest house is dead.

Offline jeppoy

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2020 at 10:00 AM »
Same as mine  :'(

Offline Arulco

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 688
« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2020 at 12:02 PM »
Parang hindi talaga reliable and NAD ah. Naka dalawang amps na din ako na nagkaissue.

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #4 on: Mar 26, 2020 at 12:46 PM »
swerti ko, 1982 nad 3020e up to hobby hiatus di ako nasiraan ng NAD. fanboy ako. luv d way nad amps produce n control bass & warm sound

nad3020e
c320
c325bee
414tuner
c520 cdp

have you tried asking distro in ermita if they can recommend repairshop or person?

Offline zram18

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #5 on: Mar 26, 2020 at 02:54 PM »
Bkt yung NAD 326 amp ko matagal na pero still no issues hehe

Offline E_I_8_H_T

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2020 at 07:25 PM »
Up for this.. any recommendation for a repair shop?

Thank you.

Sent from my Mi Note 3 using Tapatalk

MUSIC LOVER listen to MUSIC through their SYSTEM.... AUDIOPHILE listen to their SYSTEM through MUSIC

Offline Dr.Kamiya

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #7 on: Jun 17, 2020 at 04:47 AM »
Parang hindi talaga reliable and NAD ah. Naka dalawang amps na din ako na nagkaissue.
Might be heat issue? I noticed the lower-end models are very reliable. Bihira that you hear about someone with a C326 having problems. My C316 I used as a home sound system amp before and was running almost 24/7 for over two years with no problems.

My C372 though would get extremely hot, to the point where I'm not comfortable using it outside an air conditioned room. It also developed issues after a while. Crackle in the left channel, stiff like that. Still with me but I've had it repaired twice already in the course of owning it 5 years.

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #8 on: Jun 17, 2020 at 09:36 AM »
nad started out with 3020 20wpc
i had the 3020e around 1982 o 83

ive always bought d "lowest" ie 3020 family
320 320bee 326bee
except for 310 which i had, no problems too

yan lagi ang best ng nad

sa avrs nagkaron ng models na may heat issues kaya nilagyan ng built.in fan

if it gets hot, just put a small fan over. no biggies

i have an onkyo srtx607 avr and it gets hot sa right side. small fan over it, fixed. or tutok mo small electric fan. do not stack or put in rack withpoor ventilation
« Last Edit: Jun 17, 2020 at 01:56 PM by oweidah »

Offline tony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Enjoy the hobby and be happy always!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7153
« Reply #9 on: Jun 17, 2020 at 07:44 PM »
pm mo si markrenz....or si Dan Medina aka Sansui DAn......
« Last Edit: Jun 17, 2020 at 07:48 PM by tony »
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....

Offline tony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Enjoy the hobby and be happy always!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7153
« Reply #10 on: Jun 17, 2020 at 07:46 PM »
the Nad3020 is a CFA type amp, similar to the Pioneer SX-770 wrt topology.....the other types are VFA types...
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....

Offline Arulco

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 688
« Reply #11 on: Jun 17, 2020 at 09:27 PM »
Might be heat issue? I noticed the lower-end models are very reliable. Bihira that you hear about someone with a C326 having problems. My C316 I used as a home sound system amp before and was running almost 24/7 for over two years with no problems.

My C372 though would get extremely hot, to the point where I'm not comfortable using it outside an air conditioned room. It also developed issues after a while. Crackle in the left channel, stiff like that. Still with me but I've had it repaired twice already in the course of owning it 5 years.

I had a bad experience with the NAD C325BEE amp with one channel cutting out and tried to have it repaired at the authorized service center at a high cost and the issue came back in a few months.

I really like the NAD sound so I replaced the 325 with the 326 then I placed a computer fan on top of the hottest area of the top case grill of the 2nd NAD amp to mitigate the potential reliability issues from overheating.  After about 3 years, the amp started entering to standby-mode on its own intermittently even when music is playing. I didn't bother to have it repaired this time and sold it cheap as a defective unit.

At that point, I gave up on separates after that and went with the KEF LS50W active speakers. Three-and-a-half years later, still no issues with the hardware.

Is it true that the C325bee and the C326bee have fully discrete circuitry (no ICs) and that some of the components used were of the cheap kind to keep the costs down and may have more points of failure but are easier to repair? I recall reading that in an audio forum before.