Author Topic: Parasite (HBO limited series)  (Read 279 times)

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
Parasite (HBO limited series)
« on: Feb 11, 2020 at 03:50 PM »
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hbo-to-develop-parasite-limited-series-with-director-bong-joon-ho-and-adam-mckay/

Recent Academy Awards winner 'Parasite' has been eyed by HBO for a limited series, to be penned by Adam McKay (of "The Big Short", "Vice", and "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy") and recent toast of the filmmaking world, Bong Joon-Ho ("Okja", "Snow Piercer", and, of course, "Parasite").

"When I was writing the script I had so many more ideas I couldn't convey into the two-hour running time of the film," he added. "I knew that if I had a longer running time, I would be able to tell these stories, and I that's what I plan to talk about with Adam pretty soon."    --Bong Joon-ho

Offline jas

• Trade Count: (+427)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1235
Re: Parasite (HBO limited series)
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 2021 at 01:37 PM »
HBO’s Parasite Series Is an Original Story, Not a Remake

Shortly after Bong Joon-Ho’s Parasite was released, news that HBO had begun work on a television series adaptation broke. In a recent interview, Adam McKay eased worries on the Parasite series, noting that the HBO project would not be a remake but its own original story instead.

Speaking on MTV’s “Happy Sad Confused” podcast earlier this week, McKay briefly touched on the upcoming project, saying that it was moving “full speed ahead” and that, despite what fans initially thought, it wouldn’t be a remake. “It’s an original series,” he said. “It’s in the same universe as the feature, but it’s an original story that lives in that same world.”

McKay didn’t touch on much else regarding the project but did say how incredibly lucky he felt to be working on something that Bong Joon-Ho has been a part of. “Usually, when I hear people say ‘I’m honored,’ it sounds like bullcrap to me, but I’m legitimately honored. And having a blast.”

Bong and McKay will executive produce the limited Parasite series, with Bong hoping to use the time allotted in a television series to expand the universe of Parasite in a way he wasn’t able to do in the film.

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1170609-hbo-parasite-series-original-story