Author Topic: UHD panel: To repair or not to repair? And where?  (Read 634 times)

Offline demjoe1

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
UHD panel: To repair or not to repair? And where?
« on: Apr 11, 2020 at 09:58 AM »
the panel on my lg 43uh6500 suddenly had lines a few months after the 2 yr warranty expired, malas ko talaga  :-[
there are 2 horizontal lines accross the entire panel and the images below each line become delayed compared to the top most part

i only paid ph23,900 for it bnew around aug2017 due to a sale promo from robinson's appliances .
official lg service center quoted ph27k  :o to have the panel replaced while other established neighborhood repair shops said ph15-20k.  so just for the price only i know you can now buy branded 43in FHD smart tv at below ph14k.

my dilemma is what to do with the unit if i do not have it repaired? sayang naman yung "smart internals" nito. i also like the brushed steel look of the bezel  ;D
if i store it and wait let's say another year, the cost of the replacement uhd panel will be cheaper, right?

so what do you, think? to repair or not to repair? and where?   

Offline istan

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: UHD panel: To repair or not to repair? And where?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 2020 at 03:03 PM »
Doubt replacement panels will be cheaper.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Offline Ozzy

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #2 on: Apr 11, 2020 at 03:22 PM »
Bro, is it really the panel?
Someone posted a similar problem with his plasma, maybe you can look at your pcbs also.
Here is the link,
https://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,215933.0.html
 Hth.

Offline demjoe1

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: Apr 12, 2020 at 10:09 AM »
@ozzy

thank very much for the inputs.  i do not have a technical background good enough for me to touch the pcbs and any other internals. hanggang checking ng contact continuity lang kaya ko :-[ ;D

the images on the other thread is different from mine as i have 2 permanent horizontal lines. then the images below each line become delayed then fade to black and then resumes to the the correct frame image, it does this cycle of delay, fade to black, back to correct frame image over and over.

the permanent lines, this all black image is only at powering on after the lg logo goes away

the delayed image begins

the fading to black

anyhow, aside from official lg service, i had it checked at one repair shop. the owner ran through some contacts of the flex cords just under the physical buttons center bottom of the the unit running to the panel. he mentioned that in some cases there is a work around for the lines. but in my case, the delayed images was really a damaged panel.

from the way the shop owner went through the process of checking and eliminating the contacts on the flex cord, i can see he knew what he was doing. additionally he did not try to sell me anything or say any other bs.

« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2020 at 10:32 AM by demjoe1 »