Author Topic: Your all-time favorites  (Read 198 times)

Offline dazed

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Your all-time favorites
« on: May 13, 2020 at 02:04 PM »
With the lockdown, lots of folks all of a sudden have more free time than they normally have and have been asking for TV recommendations. Tastes obviously can have a wide disparity, but wanted to see what people would consider their all-time favorite shows. The test for me is the pleasure I get the first time I watch it, and if the show can withstand the test of time, as well as repeat viewings.

I can kick it off with some of mine. Could be pretty consensus, but some may not be as well known. For some, it may just be one or two seasons (usually the first two), although it can be the entire series for the really good ones. i usually throw this to friends asking for recommendations, and just mix and match depending on their preference of genre

shows that are still ongoing, and probably the most smartly written ones on air right now:

billions
peaky blinders
succession

shows that have ended (in alphabetical order):

ballers
band of brothers
breaking bad
californication
deadwood
dexter
entourage
felicity
flight of the conchords
game of thrones
genius (more just einstein/season 1)
friends
friday night lights
homeland
hustle
master of none
narcos
prison break (probably just season 1)
rome
sherlock
silicon valley
spartacus
spooks (maybe first few seasons)
the office (US)
utopia
veronica mars
weeds
the wire

the last dance is shaping up to be a classic, but special mention should go 30 for 30 that has some pretty good episodes, including the 3-part lakers vs celtics one.

PBS Frontline also has excellent documentaries (history of isis and the oscar-nominated for sama) to name a few
Audio: Cayin MT-45 mkii|B&W 602s2|Gramovox TT
HT: Denon X4200W|B&W 683s2, HTM Matrix, 601s2, GE 525