Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
Colony
« on: May 23, 2020 at 02:06 PM »
Out of boredom I started watching this yesterday and binged thru the 1st season.  Was surprised na 3 seasons na pala (flew under my radar).  Anyway it’s good - plot and acting wise.
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline jas

• Trade Count: (+425)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1227
Re: Colony
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020 at 02:54 PM »
Did not get around to watching this show, but I read that it is cancelled already, so Season 3 is the last season and everything ends unresolved with a cliffhanger.

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
Re: Colony
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020 at 06:34 AM »
Yes it was cancelled. Too bad.

But given how season 3 ended, the watching experience moving forward would have changed and not for the better.  Let me explain - season 3 ended with the start of an invasion by another alien race with whom the first invaders were at war with.  Season 4 would have been a special effects shootout which I do not care for. The strength of the series was character development and the humanity of its main characters despite the admittedly far-out plot.  Throughout the first 3 seasons the characters, dialogue and plot developments all remained believable - devoid of clichés and silliness that most shows in this genre fall for.   

TBH, I am more gutted about the cancellation of "Mind Hunters".  That one was building up to a great season 3 revolving around the truly sick BTK serial killer of Wichita, Kansas.  Mind Hunters gives me the creeps akin to when I first saw Silence of the Lambs.   
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020 at 06:37 AM by lithium_deuteride »
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL