Author Topic: Next Gen gaming panel  (Read 967 times)

Offline curvis

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
Next Gen gaming panel
« on: Jun 29, 2020 at 03:56 PM »
What are the locally available TVs (preferably Samsung's QLED) have HDMI 2.1, 120Hz refresh on 4K? Scouting for new TVs once the PS5 and Xbox X comes out.

Offline Destroben

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Next Gen gaming panel
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2020 at 10:52 PM »
The LG Oled’s have them all. Just got a C9 which has hdmi 2.1 with VRR, Gsync and ALLM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline curvis

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2021 at 09:51 PM »
i'm hesitant to get an OLED panel... i keep my TVs for a very long time (still using a high end model circa 2010). planning to get one to be used until 2030 hahaha.

what's a good QLED tv (4k lang not 8k)?

Offline CMac

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2021 at 01:38 PM »
I don't think anyone can give you the best answer since most useful opinions will just boil down to what people already have.
Destroben gave a very nice starting point based on the features related to what you might need to look for in a TV.
May I suggest to try and obtain more information from reliable reviewer sources Like "HDTVTest" from YouTube.
Once you've narrowed down the models that fit you, try them out personally in stores.

Offline Jude

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #4 on: Mar 22, 2021 at 12:28 PM »
As of now, it's really just LG that has been able to properly implement the full HDMI 2.1 spec to work with next-gen gaming consoles and high-end PCs in their 2020 TV range. All the other brands have issues or missing features in implementing HDMI 2.1, some of these may be addressed in updates, but only time will tell. Even Sony got a lot of complaints when they were wishy-washy about updating the firmware of their supposed 2020 gaming TVs. So if that's your priority, and you need to buy a TV right now, LG is really your only choice. If you can wait a bit longer, the 2021 models coming out will be a lot more next-gen compatible. The issue with Samsung locally is they're the only major brand that offers only a 1 year warranty, all the others, even lesser known brands, offer at least 2 years.

Offline CMac

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #5 on: Mar 22, 2021 at 03:30 PM »
LOL, he has an answer for everything.

Offline curvis

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Mar 31, 2021 at 08:01 PM »
thanks for all the inputs. read some reviews and lamang pa din OLEDs. mahal din QLEDs lalo na 2021 version.

nag 50k off pa si LG so i grabbed a 2020 model from the CX line. so far so good! very good partner with my PS5. grabe feeling ko gumaling ako sa battle royal games, kitang kita ko na mga kalaban (from 42" to 65"), not to mention the HDR quality is amazing!