Author Topic: 2020-2021 NBA Season - Draft Day to Playoffs  (Read 212409 times)

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
Re: 2020-2021 NBA Season - Draft Day to Playoffs
« Reply #2820 on: Apr 29, 2021 at 01:36 PM »
With only 10 games left in the Lakers’ schedule, I expect LBJ to be back either in the upcoming home game vs. SAC or the next one against TOR. I think that’s enough playing games left for him to get back to form and to fix their chemistry with a full roster. It will be like last year’s bubble tournament - they played 8 seeding games after the long layoff and before the playoffs. Next week they have games against DEN, LAC, POR and PHX. So better for him to return prior to those games. The Lakers have to make sure they don’t drop to 7th or lower. Anything can happen in the play-in tournament.

A couple of other crucial games are coming up that will affect playoff positions in the West: DEN will be facing LAC, LAL, NYK, UTA and BKN. DAL has the easiest schedule with games against the likes of DET, CLE (2), MIN. I think LAC is safe as the 3rd seed since their ROS schedule is not so difficult, even with upcoming games against DEN, NYK, LAL
We deserve better.

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2821 on: Apr 29, 2021 at 03:34 PM »
With only 10 games left in the Lakers’ schedule, I expect LBJ to be back either in the upcoming home game vs. SAC or the next one against TOR. I think that’s enough playing games left for him to get back to form and to fix their chemistry with a full roster. It will be like last year’s bubble tournament - they played 8 seeding games after the long layoff and before the playoffs. Next week they have games against DEN, LAC, POR and PHX. So better for him to return prior to those games. The Lakers have to make sure they don’t drop to 7th or lower. Anything can happen in the play-in tournament.

A couple of other crucial games are coming up that will affect playoff positions in the West: DEN will be facing LAC, LAL, NYK, UTA and BKN. DAL has the easiest schedule with games against the likes of DET, CLE (2), MIN. I think LAC is safe as the 3rd seed since their ROS schedule is not so difficult, even with upcoming games against DEN, NYK, LAL
Iba talaga ang lakas ng West kumpara sa East.Dapat yata yung top 4 ng East at West maglaban laban at yung 1 and 2 ang mag harap sa championship

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2157
« Reply #2822 on: Apr 29, 2021 at 03:38 PM »
Dapat nga yung East 6th to 15th dapat lagyan na ng 0 sa tabi ng standings = eliminated from Playoffs contention.
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline JeromeA

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I am not in danger, I am the Danger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #2823 on: Apr 29, 2021 at 03:46 PM »
Lakers not doing well without LBJ while the Nets maayos pa din kahit wala ng Aldridge at Harden. May value talaga an madaming superstar.

Kun di na makakabalik si LBJ malabo na ang LAL mag champion?

Baka di yang umabot ng west finals.sigurado.

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2824 on: Apr 29, 2021 at 03:48 PM »
Iba talaga ang lakas ng West kumpara sa East.Dapat yata yung top 4 ng East at West maglaban laban at yung 1 and 2 ang mag harap sa championship

Mas maganda nga sana sir kung isang standing nalang eh. 1-16. Haha.

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2825 on: Apr 29, 2021 at 04:20 PM »
“A rested LeBron James would be bad for rest of the league”: Former NBA champion Mario Chalmers warns the league on the Lakers superstar’s ‘scary’ return

“This much rest is bad for their opponent. That man is doing treatment 19 times a day in the pool. He’s just he just saving his body. That’s all he’s doing, resting his body.

“I always say that Bron has one of the greatest basketball minds I’ve ever been around. Seeing things dissecting plays, knowing what teams about to run. I’ve never played with someone like that. All you doing is getting more time and you can’t do that. You got to keep going. Wear him down… This is gonna be scary. That’s why I said I’m interested to see how they come back.”

- Mario Chalmers on Lebron

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2826 on: Apr 29, 2021 at 04:34 PM »
grabe si CP3. after 11yrs nakakuha na ng playoff berth and Suns..

Offline thebat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2157
« Reply #2827 on: Apr 29, 2021 at 06:46 PM »
We cannot also disregard the fact that the pre CP3 Suns almost made it to the Playoffs last year with those straight wins in the bubble. It sure looked like they are really a playoff bound and shoo in for this year. However, that #2 in the West standings, yeah, CP3 has a lot to do with it.

If The Nets win it all this year, Blake Griffin and Deandre Jordan will get their rings even with less significant role and contributions. Kawawa naman si CP3 for not getting his. Sana manalo din sya ng NBA ring before he retires.

grabe si CP3. after 11yrs nakakuha na ng playoff berth and Suns..
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2828 on: Apr 30, 2021 at 09:01 AM »
We cannot also disregard the fact that the pre CP3 Suns almost made it to the Playoffs last year with those straight wins in the bubble. It sure looked like they are really a playoff bound and shoo in for this year. However, that #2 in the West standings, yeah, CP3 has a lot to do with it.

If The Nets win it all this year, Blake Griffin and Deandre Jordan will get their rings even with less significant role and contributions. Kawawa naman si CP3 for not getting his. Sana manalo din sya ng NBA ring before he retires.

Kung mauna man si blake at deandre sa kanya i think hindi ganun kalaki impact nun.kaso sa nets butaw lang tong dalawa eh. 😂

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 898
« Reply #2829 on: Apr 30, 2021 at 12:04 PM »
Giannis was subbed out less than 1 minute into Q1 due to an ankle injury. 
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2830 on: Apr 30, 2021 at 03:13 PM »

ouch

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2831 on: Apr 30, 2021 at 04:00 PM »

May mga players talaga siguro na di destined to have a ring.Si Payton sumali sa Lakers nagkaron ng ring pero si Malone sumali din sa Lakers di pinalad na magka ring.(Tama ba ang pagkaalam ko). In the next two years pag di pa nagka ring si CP3 baka di na talaga sya magkakaron.

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2832 on: Apr 30, 2021 at 04:01 PM »

Dami talaga na injure this season, ito kay pinakamaraming na injure sa NBA history?

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #2833 on: Apr 30, 2021 at 04:14 PM »
Dami talaga na injure this season, ito kay pinakamaraming na injure sa NBA history?

Derrick White of the Spurs is also expected not to return this season due to an ankle sprain he suffered a few days ago ... sana makagawa sila ng shoe design that could protect from such injuries
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 368
« Reply #2834 on: Apr 30, 2021 at 04:25 PM »
May mga players talaga siguro na di destined to have a ring.Si Payton sumali sa Lakers nagkaron ng ring pero si Malone sumali din sa Lakers di pinalad na magka ring.(Tama ba ang pagkaalam ko). In the next two years pag di pa nagka ring si CP3 baka di na talaga sya magkakaron.

Thirty (30) teams in the NBA with ~ 450 players total ........... of these 450 players, only around 3% to 5% can be considered as a superstar (depending on ones definition of a superstar).

Historically, NBA champions always have superstars (or multiple superstars) when they win it .......... notable exceptions, SONICS '79 and PISTONS '04 - again, it can be argued that DJ (SONICS), Billups/Sheed (PISTONS) are superstars, depending on ones classification, but they were certainly not the top stars when they played.

Not every team can have superstars ......... moreso, in this age of player empowerment, superstars tend to band together and stick to major market teams.

Being major market, small market, location, etc is also a factor on how a team can attract superstar talent - heck, no top FA superstar will go to the HORNETS, KINGS, etc ........ LAKERS will always have the inherent advantage of having Hollywood, the lifestyle, the endorsement, etc.

Also, team ownerships are not created equal - teams like the PACERS, THUNDER, etc are notorious for having frugal ownership, possibly affecting how they attract and/or keep superstar FA's.

Madaming factors into being an NBA champion, none bigger than having superstar players on its roster.

It's pretty obvious that not everyone will win a championship, but many NBA players are revered and remembered for their other accomplishments other than winning a ring - madami sa top players of all time, walang ring. Barkley, Malone, Stockton, Miller, Baylor, Iceman Gervin, Ewing, Wilkins, etc.

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2835 on: Apr 30, 2021 at 06:23 PM »
Derrick White of the Spurs is also expected not to return this season due to an ankle sprain he suffered a few days ago ... sana makagawa sila ng shoe design that could protect from such injuries

Is it true that the low cut design has a higher ability to protect the player from ankle injuries as compared to the high cut design?
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #2836 on: Apr 30, 2021 at 06:35 PM »
Is it true that the low cut design has a higher ability to protect the player from ankle injuries as compared to the high cut design?

In my experience no. 

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2837 on: Apr 30, 2021 at 06:46 PM »

Di naman bro

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2838 on: Apr 30, 2021 at 06:53 PM »
Porzingis....3 games pinahinga due to a sprained left ankle. Kanina lumaro....right knee naman ang issue. The same knee na inopera last season.

They better trade that dude fast....Luka needs a RELIABLE partner.

re low/high cut shoes....Kobe switched from high cut to low cut.  Many players prefer the low tops. is it because mas may freedom of movement?
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #2839 on: Apr 30, 2021 at 06:53 PM »

probably not, parang mas madali ma-tweak pag naka-lowcut .... Kobe had shoes designed like those of boxing shoes after his injury (ACL i think) - baka nga mas protected pag ganon, boxers does a lot of lateral movements pero seldom yung foot injury

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2840 on: Apr 30, 2021 at 07:06 PM »
probably not, parang mas madali ma-tweak pag naka-lowcut .... Kobe had shoes designed like those of boxing shoes after his injury (ACL i think) - baka nga mas protected pag ganon, boxers does a lot of lateral movements pero seldom yung foot injury

Sa basketball naman kasi you have 9 other players on the court with you. Matapakan mo lang yung paa ng isa dun sa 9 eh ankle injury na agad.  Minsan nga full speed ang takbo ng player tapos full stop eh naiinjure kahit mag isa sya.

Kaya ang lesson talaga dito eh "Secure the Long Term Contract". No wonder dami nag declare na for the draft even if 1 year pa lang sa college.  Dami din kasi players na full of potential tapos sa collegiate level pa lang na injure na...goodbye opportunities.
« Last Edit: Apr 30, 2021 at 07:12 PM by synchro_01 »
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2841 on: Apr 30, 2021 at 07:22 PM »
Sa basketball naman kasi you have 9 other players on the court with you. Matapakan mo lang yung paa ng isa dun sa 9 eh ankle injury na agad.  Minsan nga full speed ang takbo ng player tapos full stop eh naiinjure kahit mag isa sya.

Kaya ang lesson talaga dito eh "Secure the Long Term Contract". No wonder dami nag declare na for the draft even if 1 year pa lang sa college.  Dami din kasi players na full of potential tapos sa collegiate level pa lang na injure na...goodbye opportunities.

ako lahat ng shoes ko low cut. mas madali kumilos kesa high cut.

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2842 on: Apr 30, 2021 at 07:25 PM »
another notable performance pala kanina. from rockets

Kevin Porter Jr.

youngest to score 50pts.. with 11 assists pa.. lupit

Offline noob

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5377
« Reply #2843 on: Apr 30, 2021 at 07:50 PM »

Actually, iba na design ng mga basketball shoes ngayon na parang mid cut na yun high cut hinde kagaya ng high cut noon araw na malaki ang lampas sa ankle. Ang low cut naman ngayon halos may support na sa ankle. Ang low cut  nun araw parang sneakers lang.

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2844 on: Apr 30, 2021 at 08:53 PM »

Kapag talaga madidisgrasya eh kahit anong sapatos pa ang suot madidisgrasya. Heavily taped ang mga ankles ng players bago mag sapatos pero nadidisgrasya pa din

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #2845 on: Apr 30, 2021 at 11:42 PM »
ganito kataas yung mga high cut shoes ni Kobe after injury

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2846 on: May 01, 2021 at 07:29 AM »
I was thinking that giant shoe manufacturers like Nike, New Balance etc can design shoes that lessen the impact of an ankle injury but the results will be less mobility, freedom of movement and it will be uncomfortable for the athlete to wear.

Seems like at this day and age the ankle injury still isn't preventable or mitigated yet in the NBA.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2847 on: May 01, 2021 at 08:46 AM »
Lebron could return vs kings today para matest daw ang ankle nya but it depends sa warm up.

On the other hand wala ba si tatum sa celtic? Grabe massacre. Pero halftime palang naman.

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2848 on: May 01, 2021 at 09:02 AM »
It's official. Lebron James is back

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend