Author Topic: 2020-2021 NBA Season - Draft Day to Playoffs  (Read 209548 times)

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1431
Re: 2020-2021 NBA Season - Draft Day to Playoffs
« Reply #60 on: Oct 23, 2020 at 01:19 AM »
^taas ng percentage ano? grabe din kasi lifestyle eh. sobrang magarbo and they do not think about their future. enjoy the now lagi sila.

Hindi ko maalala kung sino yung player from a docu who was telling about how players do not invest for their future and eventually end up homeless.

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1431
« Reply #61 on: Oct 23, 2020 at 01:28 AM »
Latrell Sprewell turned down a $21 million contract extension with the Minnesota Timberwolves in 2004 because it wasn’t enough money.

"I got my family to feed," Sprewell said.

That quote was the beginning of the end for the four-time All-Star. He never signed another NBA contract after the 2004-05 season and retired with $97 million in the bank.

However, just three years later, that money had dried up because his yacht was repossessed by federal marshals after he failed to continue to pay for it. Then months later, Sprewell defaulted on a $1.5 million mortgage, and his house went into foreclosure.

Sprewell still had the talent to play in the NBA at the time, but pride and ego got the best of him.

https://www.stadiumtalk.com/s/nba-stars-who-lost-millions-of-dollars-542c2eb2266441f3

isa yang si Sprewell eh. meron pa yang business dati yung Sprewell spinner rims.

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #62 on: Oct 23, 2020 at 07:31 AM »
dahil yan sa lifestyle at properties nila na di kaya i-sustain after retirement.

yung mga mansion pa lang ng mga yan magkano na taxes nyan, maintenance ng mga kung ano ano, mga sasakyan nila. pag wala sila business after retirement ubos lahat ng pera nila.

si Kobe lalo yumaman nung nag retire kasi ang dami nyang business venture, nagtayo pa ng basketball academy.

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 357
« Reply #63 on: Oct 23, 2020 at 08:01 AM »
Don't be surprised, that years from Dwight Howard himself will be broke ............ "Never married, Dwight Howard has five children by five women."

Nitong NBA Finals lang, nahuli nang current GF niya (WNBA player Te'a Cooper) itong si Howard na lumalandi sa ibang babae na naman.   8)

Offline Tha_Mann

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #64 on: Oct 23, 2020 at 08:34 AM »
Don't be surprised, that years from Dwight Howard himself will be broke ............ "Never married, Dwight Howard has five children by five women."

Nitong NBA Finals lang, nahuli nang current GF niya (WNBA player Te'a Cooper) itong si Howard na lumalandi sa ibang babae na naman.   8)

while googling Te'a Cooper, I came across this article:

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/who-is-nba-star-dwight-howards-fiancee-tea-cooper.html/

Someone who did talk about the NBA center and even filed a suit against him was a man named Masin Elije, who claimed that he had been in a relationship with Howard. Elije alleged that after breaking up with the basketball player for cheating on him at “transgender sex parties,” Howard harassed and abused him.

may ganitong issue pala si Dwight haha. pero nuon pa man napabalita na bi daw sya.

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #65 on: Oct 23, 2020 at 08:58 AM »
^ di ko nga alam kung ano yung issue nila ni kelly oubje jr.

lagi kasi ginagawang joke sa mga comments section ng social media

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Oct 23, 2020 at 09:05 AM »
Not being racist, black players are the most likely to go broke. Many grew without their fathers, many grew up in the projects surrounded by crime and violence.

They live the rapper lifestyle, posse, girls, cars, etc. It's a very, very common story.

I read Darius Miles' testimonial (Players Tribune) a few years ago ........... nakaka-lungkot, he admitted that he wasn't ready to become rich overnight.

He was drafted by the CLIPPERS straight from HS. He admitted that he didn't know any better ......... he grew up only with his mother - when her mother died, he became depressed for a long time.

Luckily he was close with former CLIPPERS teammate, Quentin Richardson ........ Quentin has taken him in and they now have a regular podcast to occupy themselves with.

Mabuti na lang nasa Pilipinas tayo ......... you discuss or say something like this in the US, you're branded a racist right away.

Offline JeromeA

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I am not in danger, I am the Danger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 304
« Reply #67 on: Oct 23, 2020 at 09:17 AM »
Si darko yung dating #2 draft pick ng pistons sa batch ni lebron wala success sa NBA pero dba sa farming sya yumaman? Parang nabasa ko dati sa isang article.

Online synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 854
« Reply #68 on: Oct 23, 2020 at 09:48 AM »
When it comes to increasing one's worth after basketball nobody can top MJ.  The money he made in basketball in terms of salary is peanuts to his income post NBA.

Antoine Walker is another example of those NBA players who went from being a multi millionaires to filing bankruptcy.  Hindi lang sa NBA yan...predominant din sa Boxing.
« Last Edit: Oct 23, 2020 at 09:55 AM by synchro_01 »
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Online synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Oct 23, 2020 at 10:07 AM »
Si darko yung dating #2 draft pick ng pistons sa batch ni lebron wala success sa NBA pero dba sa farming sya yumaman? Parang nabasa ko dati sa isang article.

Yes nabasa ko din yung article na yan. Darko owns acres and acres of farmland in his native country and harvests apples, grapes and other produce.  He was just in the NBA for a couple of years and he made a relatively small amount of money compared to other NBA players but he invested very well post NBA.  He imported his initial "investments" to his country to serve as a reminder for him not to indulge in that route: S-Class Mercedes, Lexus, Ferrari.   

Dito papasok yung much talked about topic na dapat bang increase yung minimum # of years sa college before one is drafted so that one's Education will serve as a safety net or provide financial wisdom. 
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Oct 23, 2020 at 10:08 AM »
Black athletes, across many sports ......... again, not being racist. 

Offline Tha_Mann

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #71 on: Oct 23, 2020 at 01:58 PM »

Dito papasok yung much talked about topic na dapat bang increase yung minimum # of years sa college before one is drafted so that one's Education will serve as a safety net or provide financial wisdom. 

most players went to College to play basketball and as a stepping stone to NBA, and not to study hehe. I think meron na program ang NBA or NBPA about increasing players financial literacy.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Oct 23, 2020 at 05:55 PM »
most players went to College to play basketball and as a stepping stone to NBA, and not to study hehe. I think meron na program ang NBA or NBPA about increasing players financial literacy.

Yes, matagal nang may fiscal-classes ang NBA for new players ........,.. mainam ito at kaunti lang sa draftees ang tumagal sa college.

Naalala ko si Matt Bonner (The Red Mamba) of the SPURS .......... madalas ipag-yabang sa mga interview, na hindi siya gumagamit nang kotse during his RAPTORS and SPURS playing days - mas matipid at mas mabilis daw ang mag-public transportation.

Online synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Oct 23, 2020 at 06:15 PM »
After their playing days are over pansin ko dumadami mga ex NBA players that transition to:

Sports analyst
coaching/ being part of the coaching team
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #74 on: Oct 23, 2020 at 11:45 PM »
https://www.basketballnews.com/stories/amp/nba-news-offseason-Michael-Jordan-competitve-balance-draft

kase namen lahat tutok sa singsing
thanos? lord of da rings 🤣🤣🤣

Offline noob

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5249
« Reply #75 on: Oct 24, 2020 at 12:51 AM »
https://www.basketballnews.com/stories/amp/nba-news-offseason-Michael-Jordan-competitve-balance-draft

Like this?

"46
Television / Re: 2019-2020 NBA Season - Draft Day to Playoffs
« on: Oct 02, 2020 at 11:31 AM »

Funny nba today is far from nba in the past, you see this line up:

Lebron is cavs
Ad is pelicans
Rondo is it boston?
Dwight is it Rockets?
Mcgee is it warriors?
Caldwel-pope from where?
Green is from spurs
and so on and on...

Is it only kuzma is orig lakers?

The same is true with Miami. Only spoelstra is orig heat. you will admire him spending 25 years in heat!!

Before, maybe  about 70 to 80% of team members are originally drafted/signed.
Whether this is good for nba, is something to be accepted. It is the trend of the times.

If the east wants the championship next year they only need recruit the best players and pay them huge.

Imagine rondo is champion with both  Celtics and Lakers, formidable opponents!!
In that case team rivalries are erased!!"

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 338
« Reply #76 on: Oct 24, 2020 at 06:09 AM »
ESPN report on the latest developments regarding the start of the new NBA season:

The NBA is pursuing a pre-Christmas Day start and a reduced regular-season schedule for the 2020-2021 season, abandoning plans to delay the opening with hopes of incorporating fans back into arenas, sources told ESPN.

Amid the coronavirus pandemic, the NBA is proposing several changes to next season that include a 72-game regular season, a play-in tournament and the likelihood of no All-Star Game or All-Star Weekend in Indianapolis, sources said. The league is considering a two-week break at the midway point of the season, sources said.

The NBA shared these plans in a call with the league's board of governors on Friday afternoon, and the league plans to move quickly to complete negotiations with the National Basketball Players Association to implement the plan, sources said.

Oct. 30 is setting up to be a key date. The NBA and NBPA agreed that day would be the deadline to complete ongoing discussions on modifications to the collective bargaining agreement for the 2020-21 season, a deadline date that requires the league or union to provide 45 days notice if either decides to terminate the CBA. Talks between the NBA and union have been productive on making the necessary financial allowances on 2020-2021 salary-cap and luxury-tax thresholds to account for the massive losses in revenue from the pandemic, sources said.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30175581/sources-nba-eyes-pre-christmas-start-72-game-regular-season

Starting the new season just roughly two months since the end of the last one sounds very aggressive and not that realistic IMO given the COVID situation in the US. And they also have to consider the safety protocols when teams travel to and from Canada for the Raptors games. I also wonder how the short break will affect the Lakers and the Heat in the long run.
We deserve better.

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Oct 24, 2020 at 09:04 AM »

Normal lang na sabihin nya yan kasi laging lagapak ang team nya.hahaha.

Marami dapat i consider,

Money, ring, environment etc.. Kahit ako din naman ang player mas gugustuhin kong pumunta na large markets.. Saka sa team na alam mo maganda ang future mo.

Panahon kasi ngayon praktikalan na..

Kung habol ng isang player eh ring lang so what? Buhay nya yan. Babatikusin man natin sila but in the end they're still champions and it will be on the book forever..

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Oct 24, 2020 at 10:58 AM »
Huwag tawanan at maliitin, that's Michael Jordan talking .......... sablay man siya sa pag-takbo nang team niya - he is still the GOAT, until dethroned.

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3193)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2577
« Reply #79 on: Oct 24, 2020 at 11:06 AM »
i dont mind kung lagapak team ko kung net worth ko naman $1.6b  >:D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Oct 24, 2020 at 11:14 AM »
i dont mind kung lagapak team ko kung net worth ko naman $1.6b  >:D

kaso hindi net worth ang pinag uusapan eh. hehe. ang pride ni MJ nasa basketball parin.. malaking bagay sa kanya yang kalagayan ng team nya.

kung isa kang negosyante lang siguro possible pa na wala kang paki sa owned team mo.

Offline anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Oct 24, 2020 at 11:15 AM »
kaso hindi net worth ang pinag uusapan eh. hehe. ang pride ni MJ nasa basketball parin.. malaking bagay sa kanya yang kalagayan ng team nya.

kung isa kang negosyante lang siguro possible pa na wala kang paki sa owned team mo.

di ko na iisipin pride ko kung lahat nasa akin na halos

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Oct 24, 2020 at 11:17 AM »
Huwag tawanan at maliitin, that's Michael Jordan talking .......... sablay man siya sa pag-takbo nang team niya - he is still the GOAT, until dethroned.

yes he is still MJ. pero wala ng magagawa yan sa ngayon.lalo na mga players ngayon wala ng pride..

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Oct 24, 2020 at 11:19 AM »
di ko na iisipin pride ko kung lahat nasa akin na halos

iba ang competitiveness ni MJ.. pag napanood mo ang docu nya even sa maliit na bagay super competitive sya.

hindi sya kagaya ng ibang tao my luxury life, malaking kita, nakakalamon ng kahit anong gusto eh ok na..

kaya impossible hindi bigdeal sa kanya na lagapak ang team nya.

Offline anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Oct 24, 2020 at 11:20 AM »
iba ang competitiveness ni MJ.. pag napanood mo ang docu nya even sa maliit na bagay super competitive sya.

hindi sya kagaya ng ibang tao my luxury life, malaking kita, nakakalamon ng kahit anong gusto eh ok na..

kaya impossible hindi bigdeal sa kanya na lagapak ang team nya.

sige ikaw na mukhang nakakausap mo ata si MJ  >:D

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Oct 24, 2020 at 11:23 AM »
sige ikaw na mukhang nakakausap mo ata si MJ  >:D

haha.. im just telling kung ano ang na observed ko.. kung ikaw siguro ganyan lang kasi lehitimong negosyante ka..

napanood mo na ba ang docu series nya??

Offline anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Oct 24, 2020 at 11:26 AM »
haha.. im just telling kung ano ang na observed ko.. kung ikaw siguro ganyan lang kasi lehitimong negosyante ka..

napanood mo na ba ang docu series nya??

no comment na lang ako  >:D

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Oct 24, 2020 at 11:29 AM »
no comment na lang ako  >:D

no comment na lang din ako  >:D

Online synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Oct 28, 2020 at 09:47 AM »
Seems like the NBA is hell bent on starting this December. They do not want to lose the window of opportunity in terms of revenue during the Christmas season.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #89 on: Oct 28, 2020 at 09:51 AM »
gogogo! nomor babol🤣🤣🤣

kung gusto nila i.load management muna mga senyorita para laging fresh 🤣🤣🤣