Author Topic: 2020-2021 NBA Season - Draft Day to Playoffs  (Read 211969 times)

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
Re: 2020-2021 NBA Season - Draft Day to Playoffs
« Reply #4950 on: Jul 21, 2021 at 06:28 PM »
;D ;D ;D

Sent using Tapatalk

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
« Reply #4951 on: Jul 21, 2021 at 06:59 PM »
"With Kawhi, The Clippers Would've Won This Finals"

Skip Bayless.

This dude just never quits in spewing hatred.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4952 on: Jul 21, 2021 at 07:04 PM »
in 6 games:  211 points, got 79 rebounds, dished out 30 assists and blocked  11 shots.

The Suns just couldn't stop the MVP.  The Wall is not effective anymore against Giannis.  He now knows how to pass to the open man.
26 lang he has a lot of basketball ahead of him. Makakailang rings and MVP kaya sya?

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4953 on: Jul 21, 2021 at 07:09 PM »
Naunahan pa ni PJ Tucker manalo at maging NBA Champion kesa kay CP3 and Harden . Happy for the guy. I wanted PJ Tucker to go to Celtics or GSW pero pinagtawanan lang ako sa Fans group chat sa FB .
Naunahan din ata ni Jeff Teague ang maraming superstars?

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline noob

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5368
« Reply #4954 on: Jul 21, 2021 at 07:14 PM »
Happy for Giannis. He just said that this is sweeter than him joining a strong team to form a super team. Grass roots win by the Bucks here. Galing!

maganda din developments dito sa thread, dami reactions, kaysa superteam namayagpag kokonti naman mabasa mo kundi yun iilang supporters ng superteam ✌️

Offline CeeV

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 143
« Reply #4955 on: Jul 21, 2021 at 07:34 PM »
Sino ba nagpauso nyan Super team?  It started sa Miami Heat..3 Superstars then LBJ, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh.known as the Big3?   Tama ba ko? From there it can be deduced that looks like si LBJ need tlaga other big names to get a ring.. sorry sa mga Fans but am not really into LBJ..ewan ko ba..but He's Good..but definitely in my book not the GOAT.
« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2021 at 07:36 PM by CeeV »

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4956 on: Jul 21, 2021 at 07:38 PM »
26 lang he has a lot of basketball ahead of him. Makakailang rings and MVP kaya sya?

They have the core of their team locked up for the next 3 to 5 years:  Giannis, Middleton, Holiday, Lopez, Connaughton, DiVincenzo.

They do need to add reinforcements though since the Nets, Lakers, Warriors, Nuggets, Jazz are all gearing up to take that crown away from them.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4957 on: Jul 21, 2021 at 07:52 PM »
Sino ba nagpauso nyan Super team? 

I remember Skip and Shannon discussing this question a few years ago.  Pag dalawa lang daw superstars its considered a duo. (example is Shaq and Kobe, MJ and Pip) 3 or more then its a super team.

They mentioned the ff:

Boston Celtics - Bird, Mchale, Parish
Boston Celtics - Pierce, Allen, Garnet
Lakers - Kobe, Malone, Payton, Shaq
Lakers - Kareem, Magic, Worthy
Heat - LBJ, Bosh, Wade
CLE - LBJ, Love, Irving
Nets - Irving, Durant, Harden
Warriors - Steph, Klay, Draymond, Durant
Nets - Pierce, Garnet, Lopez, Deron Williams, Joe Johnson
« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2021 at 07:59 PM by synchro_01 »
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2384
« Reply #4958 on: Jul 22, 2021 at 12:05 AM »
Sino ba nagpauso nyan Super team?  It started sa Miami Heat..3 Superstars then LBJ, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh.known as the Big3?   Tama ba ko? From there it can be deduced that looks like si LBJ need tlaga other big names to get a ring.. sorry sa mga Fans but am not really into LBJ..ewan ko ba..but He's Good..but definitely in my book not the GOAT.

Here is my definition of superteam - when a star player backstabs his team forcing trade, or taking less money to join teams that have already at least 2 stars. Taking the easy road to win championships

Not a superteam - when a team is built thru drafts and trades and becomes a very good team or a great team and win championships.
« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2021 at 12:06 AM by Moks007 »

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #4959 on: Jul 22, 2021 at 12:35 AM »
nothing wrong with a superteam if it develops normally, like that of Bird, Mchale, and Parish ... what's bad is if players and team connive to form it, making an unfair competition ... there are a lot of players working hard to earn their place and try to win a championship who really deserve to be at least compete ... even "the process" of 76ers was not good for the league, trying to get all the top picks - good thing it backfired with having Ben Simmons
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1442
« Reply #4960 on: Jul 22, 2021 at 01:58 AM »
pansin ko si Giannis, he rarely gets into altercations. no matter how hard or bad he gets fouled or taunted, hindi pinapalagan yung mga kalaban.

very humble and i do hope he stays that way.

https://www.facebook.com/19180542816/posts/10157471938327817/

Offline stevesonk

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • apo ng magniniyog kaya siponin,ang tatay utotin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4527
« Reply #4961 on: Jul 22, 2021 at 02:05 AM »
good things comes to those who wait..--> Bucks.
after drafting giannis, they develop him, win mvp's & surround him with good role players..
find a coach that fit the team style of play, didn't surrender early & continue to improve their roster via trade..
the result.. nba champ..  ^-^
(i'm wondering which eyebrow raised of coach bud while his looking @ the hawks front office, left or right?)
Omega 2
Krell KAV 300i
Marantz CD6004
REGA DAC
HP DV3
Transparent cables
Tara Labs
PSB M4U 2

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4962 on: Jul 22, 2021 at 02:19 AM »
But can we blame the players if their desire to win is just not the same with that of his organization whose desire is to prioritize money?  Lets say a Kevin Garnet in Minnesota, who when interviewed after his retirement said that his one regret is that he didn't leave Minnesota much earlier. He spent 12 years there mostly losing a lot.

Oh and Minnesota wasted the prime years of Kevin Love who didn't make the playoffs till his 7th year...in CLE.

Karl Anthony Towns?  On his 6th year and made the playoffs once. Soon they will lose him but they have another star attraction for ticket sales waiting in the wings.

ROY runner up and uber talented Anthony Edwards.  How many of his prime years will be wasted in MIN as their star attraction for fans?

That's an easy 30 years of losing with just 4 players.
« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2021 at 02:30 AM by synchro_01 »
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #4963 on: Jul 22, 2021 at 06:25 AM »
But can we blame the players if their desire to win is just not the same with that of his organization whose desire is to prioritize money?  Lets say a Kevin Garnet in Minnesota, who when interviewed after his retirement said that his one regret is that he didn't leave Minnesota much earlier. He spent 12 years there mostly losing a lot.

Oh and Minnesota wasted the prime years of Kevin Love who didn't make the playoffs till his 7th year...in CLE.

Karl Anthony Towns?  On his 6th year and made the playoffs once. Soon they will lose him but they have another star attraction for ticket sales waiting in the wings.

ROY runner up and uber talented Anthony Edwards.  How many of his prime years will be wasted in MIN as their star attraction for fans?

You make a good case with Minnesota. But what about those organizations who do prioritize winning like Miami and Cleveland?  Both teams were in the NBA Finals before LeBron left?
« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2021 at 08:53 AM by DVD_Freak »

Offline dyerds

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #4964 on: Jul 22, 2021 at 07:15 AM »
Ibang-iba na kasi ang kultura ng NBA at mentality ng players ngayon kumpara nung 80s and 90s. Dati pride ang pinapairal. Kapag na-draft ang player sa isang team and you are the franchise player, ang goal mo mapag-champion yung team kung san ka na-draft. Ngayon ang mentality nila "I will create my own destiny" kasi brand and image ang inaalagaan. Tatapusin lang yung contract sa pagka-rookie o magdedemand ng trade kapag nakahanap na sila ng team na lilipatan nila na may potential mag-champion. Either may mga superstars na sa team na yun o mag-form sila alliance sa iba pang superstar players at pumunta sa isang team na kaya silang kuning lahat. Usually big market team yan.

Giannis and the small market team, Milwaukee, did the old fashion way. Milwaukee drafted and developed Giannis, built supporting players around him, took his brother to be his teammate :) and in return, Giannis stayed loyal to Milwaukee and trusted his teammates. After 8 years, they are the new NBA champs.

Offline CeeV

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 143
« Reply #4965 on: Jul 22, 2021 at 07:35 AM »
I totally agree with your insight....but given the  the other  team prowess barring injuries, it would really be tough to make a repeat of their Championship... still Milwaukee and Giannis earned my admiration... Congrats.
« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2021 at 07:38 AM by CeeV »

Offline bogart.2006

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1895
« Reply #4966 on: Jul 22, 2021 at 07:56 AM »
Here is my definition of superteam - when a star player backstabs his team forcing trade, or taking less money to join teams that have already at least 2 stars. Taking the easy road to win championships

Not a superteam - when a team is built thru drafts and trades and becomes a very good team or a great team and win championships.

Built, not bought

Offline dibidi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • I lab my dibidis
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #4967 on: Jul 22, 2021 at 07:59 AM »
"With Kawhi, The Clippers Would've Won This Finals"

Skip Bayless.

This dude just never quits in spewing hatred.

First, congrats to all Bucks fans here. Although I am Clippers fan, got tired of the injury reasoning for a failed playoff campaign and the team would win if so and so and so. Don't ever listen or read something Skip says unless another fan comments or retweets. If Kawhi was present, it would be have been a more epic series but for the team winning is anybody's guess.

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2151
« Reply #4968 on: Jul 22, 2021 at 08:27 AM »
As a basketball fan, for me there is nothing wrong in staying in the same team to build and win a ring or go somewhere else to join an already superteam or form a superteamates to another team or to any other style to do next in the future. Nothing wrong in being a ring chaser or not win a ring. Nothing wrong if you leave your team to join another. It is all basketball to me and I certainly love to have those stories in the nba, the drama that comes with it including the success or failure.

The league have rules. As long as no one breaks it, a player or a team can do whatever drama they want to. Superteam or not, it is still basketball to me.
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #4969 on: Jul 22, 2021 at 09:08 AM »
I don't mind superteams as well. But Iba value ng player staying with the team that drafted you and winning a ring.  I always bring up Dirk Nowitzki.  He stayed with Dallas his whole career.  He used the be known as a choke artist and Nash was the real franchise player and not him.

Only one MVP and one title but he is deeply and generally revered everywhere not just in Dallas.  How can a player with just one MVP and one title be this well loved and considered as legendary?  He is also generally considered to be the greatest European player ever.

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2613
« Reply #4970 on: Jul 22, 2021 at 09:41 AM »
Giannis celebrates NBA Championship with trip to Chick-fil-A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvCAn-IPi_0
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline kimpOy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #4971 on: Jul 22, 2021 at 09:44 AM »
Giannis celebrates NBA Championship with trip to Chick-fil-A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvCAn-IPi_0

and ordered 50 nuggets hahaha

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1442
« Reply #4972 on: Jul 22, 2021 at 10:04 AM »
^naging trending din yung half sprite half lemonade

Offline noob

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4973 on: Jul 22, 2021 at 11:29 AM »
50 points after 50 years (1971 - 2021), what a coincidence!

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4974 on: Jul 22, 2021 at 12:04 PM »
You make a good case with Minnesota. But what about those organizations who do prioritize winning like Miami and Cleveland?  Both teams were in the NBA Finals before LeBron left?

LBJ is wired differently.  He is more concerned of his brand and his personal goal of reaching the exploits of one Air Jordan than team loyalty.  He goes through teams and team mates just like that in order for him to accomplish his goal.  His formula for winning is proven (10 finals appearances..with different teams at that with multiple championships). If an organization follow and invests in his formula then you can be sure that you have a shot at the very least of reaching the finals.  Injuries though had robbed him of that opportunity for two seasons in LA and clearly he is on his last few years of competitive basketball. Is his style ruining the competitive spirit in the NBA?  For me yes to some degree because small market teams will be handicapped.

I am a Laker fan for almost 3 decades.  It is the team that I root for, win or lose. I was never a fan of LBJ but since he signed up with the team that I root for then its all good.  If he leaves tomorrow to join the Knicks then its all good as well.  Life will go on in Lakerland.  The wait will not be long since the organization historically averages a Championship Banner every 3.5 years in its entire lifetime.  That is how committed they are in winning. 

Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline thebat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4975 on: Jul 22, 2021 at 12:26 PM »
Agree iba ang value winning a title with the same team that drafted you. So happy with Dirk and now Giannis for doing so.

But this will not happen every time.

So still we cannot downplay the sweet and happy experience of a player winning a ring after he went to another team to get a better chance of winning it (ring chase). Like in the case of KG. The world all felt how happy he was winning it all with the Celtics even it was his 1st year. Nobody can deny that. He even said that his biggest regret was that he should have had left the wolves earlier to join the Celtics instead of spending much years with the same team that drafted him. I am pretty sure that what Dirk and Giannis felt was the same experience and value that KG felt.

I don't mind superteams as well. But Iba value ng player staying with the team that drafted you and winning a ring.  I always bring up Dirk Nowitzki.  He stayed with Dallas his whole career.  He used the be known as a choke artist and Nash was the real franchise player and not him.

Only one MVP and one title but he is deeply and generally revered everywhere not just in Dallas.  How can a player with just one MVP and one title be this well loved and considered as legendary?  He is also generally considered to be the greatest European player ever.
Yamaha AVR-S80
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline noob

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4976 on: Jul 22, 2021 at 02:34 PM »
Agree iba ang value winning a title with the same team that drafted you. So happy with Dirk and now Giannis for doing so.

bro, such does not seem fit to the latter quote:

I am pretty sure that what Dirk and Giannis felt was the same experience and value that KG felt.

life has to move on, what LBJ and KG did was what they think is best for themselves given the circumstances they are facing amidst their future.  What is not good is regretting something that you have not done in the past. That thing will always haunt you even in your golden years.  So before you decide to transfer to other teams think many times or you may end up moving from one team to another the rest of your life and shall have many hang ups afterwards. 😁

Offline thebat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4977 on: Jul 22, 2021 at 03:31 PM »
Meron din a number of players who late in their career transferred to another team to join a superstar to chase a ring but ended up losing in the finals or playoffs. Karl Malone is one when he joined his last stop the Lakers. I think si Barkely din with The Rockets. Although Charles already transferred from a number of teams na din and yet failed in getting one.

Recent star players na nag join in to get a title and still failed were The Lakers Dwight-Nash-Kobe, Rockets Harden-CP3-Dwight, Brooklyn Nets KG-PPierce-Deron Willimas-Joe Johnson, and most recently BNets KD-Harden-Irving.

Madami din pala. Madami pa na di ko na mention.
Yamaha AVR-S80
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #4978 on: Jul 22, 2021 at 03:52 PM »

but isn't it the players who make the team wins ... I find it absurd that star players leave their team with the reason of the team not winning - that's accepting that you're not good enough or did not develop your skills ... when Lebron took the Cavs to championship on his first stint with the team, that was impressive - the championship with the super teams, not so impressive
« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2021 at 04:31 PM by raptor »
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline bogart.2006

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1895
« Reply #4979 on: Jul 22, 2021 at 04:29 PM »
but isn't it the players who make the team wins ... I find it absurd that star players leave their team with the reason of the team not winning - that's accepting that you're not good enough or did not develop your skills ... when Lebron took the Cavs to championship on her first stint with the team, that was impressive - the championship with the super teams, not so impressive

i guess, hindi mo masisi ang players who join super teams in the hope of winning a championship.  but syempre, they will have to concede na doing so will affect their legacy as players.