Author Topic: The Equalizer  (Read 1125 times)

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3193)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2577
The Equalizer
« on: Jan 23, 2021 at 05:52 PM »

THE EQUALIZER is a reimagining of the classic series starring Queen Latifah as Robyn McCall, an enigmatic woman with a mysterious background who uses her extensive skills to help those with nowhere else to turn.

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rZegVSWEXU
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: The Equalizer
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2021 at 09:08 PM »
I like the first episode.  Will continue with episode 2.

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2021 at 02:14 PM »
This trend has to stop.  Jettisoning iconic male characters just so the studios might appear supportive of equal rights for gender and race.  We know how that worked out for Star Wars and Star Trek. What's next a female and colored James Bond? 
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2021 at 03:00 PM »
This trend has to stop.  Jettisoning iconic male characters just so the studios might appear supportive of equal rights for gender and race.  We know how that worked out for Star Wars and Star Trek. What's next a female and colored James Bond? 

I was quite pessimistic with Queen Latifah having watched Denzel in the movie version.  But I actually think she carried herself well.

At least on the initial episode.

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 589
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2021 at 03:22 PM »

that's the trend that I hate, replacing originally white characters with black guy, gay, or women to have diversity .... I'm not racist or homophobic, but if you have been a long fan of the characters, then biglang papalitan nila yung character/profile, nakakawalang gana - e.g. Iris Allen (originally white blond female), Jimmy Olsen (originally weakling white guy) ... I do not also like how they depicted the origins of Spiderman in the movies - ginawang Clark Kent yung character ni Peter Parker, weakling na biglang lumakas ng naging hero ... sa original na comics, may pagka brusko si Peter Parker when he was not yet Spiderman, only problem he got is he's always broke, walang pera

they want diversity, they can create new characters, not muddle with the legacy of the original characters

para di OT - the original equalizer on tv back in the 80's was also a white guy, si Denzel nung ginawa ng movie pumasok
« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2021 at 03:24 PM by raptor »
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline Arulco

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 688
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2021 at 03:57 PM »
that's the trend that I hate, replacing originally white characters with black guy, gay, or women to have diversity .... I'm not racist or homophobic, but if you have been a long fan of the characters, then biglang papalitan nila yung character/profile, nakakawalang gana - e.g. Iris Allen (originally white blond female), Jimmy Olsen (originally weakling white guy) ... I do not also like how they depicted the origins of Spiderman in the movies - ginawang Clark Kent yung character ni Peter Parker, weakling na biglang lumakas ng naging hero ... sa original na comics, may pagka brusko si Peter Parker when he was not yet Spiderman, only problem he got is he's always broke, walang pera

This inclusivity and diversity thing being applied to established and iconic characters just feels so forced to me.

they want diversity, they can create new characters, not muddle with the legacy of the original characters

My thoughts exactly!

What's next a female and colored James Bond?

While they're at it, why not go all the way and make him an LBGTQ+ person who immigrated to England from some obscure country.
« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2021 at 06:40 PM by Mr. Bungle »

Offline jjjeronimo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1203
« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2021 at 06:14 PM »
^OT:  Now that you've mentioned it, meron bang thread dito sa PDVD regarding all stuff SJW, PC-ness, toxic fandom, cancel culture, etc?

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #7 on: Feb 11, 2021 at 08:09 AM »
annoying pa na kelangan may gay character in all series nowadays. may it be romance, to action, comedy, military, firefighters etc..

cant you just watch your show without having a random scene with 2 guys kissing.

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3193)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2577
« Reply #8 on: Feb 11, 2021 at 08:34 AM »
annoying pa na kelangan may gay character in all series nowadays. may it be romance, to action, comedy, military, firefighters etc..

cant you just watch your show without having a random scene with 2 guys kissing.

pansin ko lang lahat ata ng tv series ng DC ganyan kaya tinigil ko na yung supergirl, black lightning, and batwoman
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2021 at 08:35 AM by anya618 »
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Feb 11, 2021 at 08:43 AM »
pansin ko lang lahat ata ng tv series ng DC ganyan kaya tinigil ko na yung supergirl, black lightning, and batwoman

The man behind those DC TV series producer Greg Berlanti is gay kasi.

Offline jjjeronimo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1203
« Reply #10 on: Feb 11, 2021 at 09:45 AM »

Sa Berlanti-verse yata, 50% of the population is gay...:D

Online Tha_Mann

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #11 on: Feb 11, 2021 at 10:10 AM »

agree. parang it doesn't add anything naman sa story even if they have kissing scene of two men. first time I saw it was with Captain Cold and the other guy and I was like wtf, this is supposed to be a superhero show and some kids are watching, ok lang siguro on movies but this is on tv. yung sa Spartacus medyo ok lang naman na ganun kasi iba target audience nila.

Offline lithium_deuteride

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #12 on: Feb 11, 2021 at 03:14 PM »
Hollywood is now a key cog in the gay rights movement. No doubt due to the proliferation of gays in positions of influence within the industry. 

Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #13 on: Feb 11, 2021 at 03:37 PM »

thank you!. punyemas para akong bata nagtatakip ng mata tuwing nangyayari ito!
pano naman karapatan natin mga straight
Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk
ninjababez online ..

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #14 on: Feb 11, 2021 at 03:41 PM »

para di OT - the original equalizer on tv back in the 80's was also a white guy, si Denzel nung ginawa ng movie pumasok
kainis madaming pilit na PC sa movies bro. 
di naman ako ganun katanda and i dont think may homophobe nor anti feminist, racist pa siguro (madaming slight racist e.g. jo koy mom type*more on stereotyping)
kaya natutuwa ako kila bill mahr and burr e lol

slight btt: medyo ok sakin si denzel as equalizer kasi di ko alam yun old series
Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk
ninjababez online ..

Offline deweyfinn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • ...still kickin' arse....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #15 on: Feb 16, 2021 at 01:46 PM »

Speaking of diversity, the CIA sniper assisting Robyn McCall in her missions is played by Fil-Am actress Liza Lapira (Don't Trust the B****h in Apt 23, NCIS)

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Feb 16, 2021 at 01:50 PM »
Watched episode 2. Better than the first.  Will continue with episode 3. 

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1431
« Reply #17 on: Feb 16, 2021 at 02:18 PM »
Dinadaya na lang nila sa camera angles, close shots and quick switching during fight scenes ni Queen :D

ok naman so far. nakaka irita yung anak but i guess that's her role talaga. hehe

Online jas

• Trade Count: (+425)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1225
« Reply #18 on: Mar 10, 2021 at 07:29 AM »
CBS has renewed The Equalizer for Season 2.

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1431
« Reply #19 on: Apr 07, 2021 at 09:21 AM »
Natatabangan na ako

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 357
« Reply #20 on: Apr 07, 2021 at 12:55 PM »
^OT:  Now that you've mentioned it, meron bang thread dito sa PDVD regarding all stuff SJW, PC-ness, toxic fandom, cancel culture, etc?

+ 1 .......... ikaw na gumawa bro. Tiyak, madami-daming rants ako na i-post.