Author Topic: Live Action Power Puff Girls  (Read 490 times)

Offline jjjeronimo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1205
Live Action Power Puff Girls
« on: Apr 08, 2021 at 10:47 AM »
Not sure how I feel about this, though I'm sure I'm not the target audience anyway.   ::) ::) ::)

Chloe looks cute, though.  :P

‘Powerpuff Girls’ Pilot at CW Casts Chloe Bennet, Dove Cameron, Yana Perrault

Asian-American - check
African-American - check
blonde-American - check

« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2021 at 10:56 AM by jjjeronimo »

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: Live Action Power Puff Girls
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2021 at 10:53 AM »
No gay character yet.  ;D

Offline jas

• Trade Count: (+425)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1227
« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2021 at 07:18 AM »

Written and executive produced by Heather Regnier (iZombie) and Diablo Cody (Jennifer’s Body), the live-action pilot entitled Powerpuff centers on the titular trio as disillusioned twentysomethings who resent having spent their entire childhood fighting crime and are struggling to reunite as the world needs them more than ever.

Offline JeromeA

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I am not in danger, I am the Danger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 304
« Reply #3 on: Apr 13, 2021 at 07:42 AM »
Not sure how I feel about this, though I'm sure I'm not the target audience anyway.   ::) ::) ::)

Chloe looks cute, though.  :P

‘Powerpuff Girls’ Pilot at CW Casts Chloe Bennet, Dove Cameron, Yana Perrault

Asian-American - check
African-American - check
blonde-American - check

parody ang naisip ko. hahaha

Offline jas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2021 at 07:10 AM »
The CW’s Powerpuff To Be Repiloted, Main Cast Still Attached

Deadline is reporting that The CW’s live-action The Powerpuff Girls sequel series Powerpuff is being repiloted. The project, based on the original Cartoon Network animated series, still has the previously announced leads of Chloe Bennet, Dove Cameron, Yana Perrault, and Donald Faison attached, along with other cast, writers, and producers.

The initial live-action pilot was written and executive produced by Heather Regnier (iZombie) and Diablo Cody (Jennifer’s Body) and the duo will reportedly pen the re-write.

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1175218-the-cws-powerpuff-to-be-repiloted-main-cast-still-attached

Offline jas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2021 at 07:28 AM »
‘This Was Just a Miss’: Why The CW’s ‘Powerpuff Girls’ Pilot Is Being Reworked

The CW’s pilot of “Powerpuff,” the live-action series based on the popular Cartoon Network animated show “The Powerpuff Girls,” is being overhauled and re-shot because the initial pilot was “too campy” and not as rooted in reality as network execs would have liked.

“The reason you do pilots is because sometimes things miss, and this was just a miss,” said The CW chairman and CEO Mark Pedowitz about “Powerpuff.” “We believe in the cast completely. We believe in Diablo [Cody] and Heather [Regnier], the writers. We believe in the auspices of Greg Berlanti and Warner [Bros. TV] studios.”

“In this case the pilot didn’t work,” he said. “But because we see there’s enough elements in there, we wanted to give it another shot. So that’s why we didn’t want to go forward with what we had. Tonally, it might’ve felt a little too campy. It didn’t feel as rooted in reality as it might’ve felt. But again, you learn things when you test things out. And so in this case, we felt, let’s take a step back and go back to the drawing board.”

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/powerpuff-girls-pilot-reworked-the-100-prequel-1234981201/

Offline jas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Aug 12, 2021 at 07:25 AM »
‘Powerpuff Girls’ CW Pilot Star Chloe Bennet Exits Project

Chloe Bennet has stepped down as one of the three leads in the live-action CW pilot based on “The Powerpuff Girls,” Variety has learned exclusively.

Bennet was set to star as Blossom in the pilot, which is currently titled “Powerpuff.” The show was originally in contention during pilot season earlier this year for a potential fall air date, but The CW made the decision to redevelop and reshoot it instead, with CW chairman and CEO Mark Pedowitz calling the first pilot “a miss.”

According to an individual with knowledge of the situation, studio Warner Bros. Television wanted to extend Bennet’s option as they reworked the pilot, but scheduling conflicts forced her to exit instead. Casting for a new third Powerpuff Girl will begin in the fall.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/powerpuff-girls-cw-pilot-chloe-bennet-exits-1235038530/

Offline jas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jul 07, 2023 at 08:28 AM »
Warner Bros. TV Scraps Its Live-Action Powerpuff Girls Series

Warner Bros. Television has reportedly put the final nail in the coffin of its planned live-action Powerpuff Girls series, Powerpuff.

In May 2023, news broke that Powerpuff would not be moving forward at The CW. Brad Schwartz, the network’s President of Entertainment, confirmed that the series had been returned to Warner Bros. TV. This meant that the studio was free to continue developing the show so it could potentially air on a different platform. However, TVLine‘s Matt Webb Mitovich now reports that Warner Bros. has opted to scrap the series entirely. According to Mitovich’s sources, Powerpuff is no longer in development in any form or fashion.

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1303350-warner-bros-tv-scraps-its-live-action-powerpuff-girls-series