Author Topic: SONY 55x8007h or 55X7500h  (Read 710 times)

Offline jasonpogi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
SONY 55x8007h or 55X7500h
« on: Apr 24, 2021 at 09:21 PM »
Will be buying one of these units from Sony but undecided yet.

Will you help me choose between the two and kind enough to explain if it is better to get the 55x8007h.

Been reading reviews but it's not that 8007h is better overall than 7500h. 7500h ia still better in some aspects.

You may also recommend other leading brands that are within the price range

Thanks

Offline Jude

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: SONY 55x8007h or 55X7500h
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27, 2021 at 03:22 PM »
Isn't X7500 Sony's most low-end TV model? Build quality may not be so great, even compared to Chinese brands. Advice is that it's better to get the most high-end/top specs model of a mid-range brand like TCL or Hisense than the low-end model of a brand like Sony.
The X800H was last year's midrange model. The X800J is already available, it's the successor to the X800H but now with eARC and the latest Google TV OS.

Offline jasonpogi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: Apr 27, 2021 at 06:41 PM »
Will you recommend a particular model of hisense and tcl that is way better than x8807h but the price is just about the range of x8007h?

Offline Jude

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #3 on: Apr 28, 2021 at 03:02 PM »
I recently decided to get the Hisense U6GS, their latest ULED model, with Quantum Dot, Dolby Vison/Atmos and Full Array Local Dimming (FALD). P34K for 55 inches. I think this model would be roughly equivalent to their U7QF or H8G abroad, both of which got deent reviews.
I'm pretty confident in the brand because, aside from great reviews for their ULED models abroad (particularly the H9G), our 2 older Hisense 4K TVs are almost 4 years old now and are still chugging along. One of them had a minor issue recently, but it was quickly and cheaply fixed by their service staff who did home service even if it was already outside of warranty.
I was also looking at the Sony X800H, but if I decided on that, I would only be getting an edge-lit panel and Android 9 OS. I find Android 9 to be kinda slow/sluggish, especially when booting up, while Hisense's Vidaa OS is pretty snappy in comparison. I also considered the Samsung TU8000, but their 1 year warranty sucks.
Based on feedback from various TV buyers, there's a significant difference in image quality between Hisense and TCL.  I almost bought a TCL, fortunately a friend of mine has both brands of TV from last year and was able to compare and advise me. TCL's 2020 QLED models C716/C715 offer similar features at slightly cheaper prices (P30k for 55"), but image is kinda flat/pale compared to Hisense and their Android 9 OS is supposedly kinda sluggish. Their C815 is apparently much better (especially the 65" model which has a 120Hz screen) but it's still just edge-lit, and for the price (P43k for 55") you might as well go Sony. TCL's 2021 line isn't out yet here which is probably why their current TVs are so competitively priced to get rid of old stock, might be worth to wait for the new 2021 models and see if there's been any improvement, they should be on Google TV/Android 10 already at least.
On testing the Hisense it's all good naman so far, legit Dolby Vision/Atmos either via Netflix or 4K Bluray disks. Legit FALD with not much blooming, it can really hit practically black in dark areas of dark scenes. It can get really bright if you want it to, have the backlight set to just 60 to minimize bloom. HDR really pops especially after you adjust the settings. Comes with a "free" soundbar (which I have no use for). Will probably write/post a more detailed review later after using it more.
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2021 at 03:11 PM by Jude »