Author Topic: 2021-2022 NBA Season - Draft Day to Playoffs  (Read 106252 times)

Online synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 875
Re: 2021-2022 NBA Season - Draft Day to Playoffs
« Reply #390 on: Oct 13, 2021 at 01:44 AM »
The Nets organization, through GM Sean Marks, has just announced that Kyrie Irving cannot play or practice with the team until he is eligible to be a full participant.

The Nets had to make this stand. Having Kyrie as a part-time player was unfair to the team and to the fans.

My hats off to the Nets organization.  They did the right thing.  Last year pa magulo isip ni Kyrie and he was accommodated by the organization.  There is always a limit in accommodating the needs of employees specially if it disrupts the business goals and affects other stakeholders of the business.  Kyrie is an employee.   
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #391 on: Oct 13, 2021 at 03:25 AM »
Kyrie, what an idiot he has turned out to be.

Ben Simmons din, trying to force a trade with zero leverage.
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #392 on: Oct 13, 2021 at 07:39 AM »
If Kyrie can't play, bayad pa rin ba siya?

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 339
« Reply #393 on: Oct 13, 2021 at 08:15 AM »
I read somewhere that Kyrie will not get paid for missed home games and for missed road games in cities which require players to be vaccinated (e.g., SF for the Warriors game). But he will not lose income from missed road games in other cities because it is the team’s decision for him to sit even if he could play. So bayad pa rin si Kyrie kahit parelax-relax lang sa bahay while the Nets are playing on the road.
We deserve better.

Offline Tha_Mann

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 121
« Reply #394 on: Oct 13, 2021 at 09:04 AM »
I read somewhere that Kyrie will not get paid for missed home games and for missed road games in cities which require players to be vaccinated (e.g., SF for the Warriors game). But he will not lose income from missed road games in other cities because it is the team’s decision for him to sit even if he could play. So bayad pa rin si Kyrie kahit parelax-relax lang sa bahay while the Nets are playing on the road.

I think applicable ito before the Nets issued that Kyrie should be a full participant. but now, as I understand it, hindi pwede yung parang part timer lang sya, it's either all or nothing. correct me if I'm wrong with my understanding.

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #395 on: Oct 13, 2021 at 09:17 AM »
^ From this report:

"However, Irving will still earn his salary for away games, Marks said. The All-Star guard, though, will not be paid for games missed in New York — 41 at Barclays Center and two at Madison Square Garden — due to New York’s COVID-19 mandate.

Brooklyn is unable to hold Irving’s pay for away games missed because the decision that he will not play was made by the team.

According to Netswire, that will come out to approximately $19 million."
We deserve better.

Online thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2143
« Reply #396 on: Oct 13, 2021 at 09:17 AM »
Al Horford joins Jaylen Brown in COVID-19 protocols after testing positive for the virus. Di malinaw kung vaccinated ba tong dalawa na to.
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #397 on: Oct 13, 2021 at 09:33 AM »
My hats off to the Nets organization.  They did the right thing.  Last year pa magulo isip ni Kyrie and he was accommodated by the organization.  There is always a limit in accommodating the needs of employees specially if it disrupts the business goals and affects other stakeholders of the business.  Kyrie is an employee.
Dapat lang so this guy will learn how to be follow team regulations. Di pwedeng sarili lang ang iisipin.

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline Tha_Mann

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 121
« Reply #398 on: Oct 13, 2021 at 09:40 AM »
^ From this report:

"However, Irving will still earn his salary for away games, Marks said. The All-Star guard, though, will not be paid for games missed in New York — 41 at Barclays Center and two at Madison Square Garden — due to New York’s COVID-19 mandate.

Brooklyn is unable to hold Irving’s pay for away games missed because the decision that he will not play was made by the team.

According to Netswire, that will come out to approximately $19 million."

oh ok. kung ako yung Nets, better not to play him at all. I think he will just mess up with their chemistry kung ganyan na minsan lalaro, minsan wala sya.

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #399 on: Oct 13, 2021 at 09:43 AM »
Al Horford joins Jaylen Brown in COVID-19 protocols after testing positive for the virus. Di malinaw kung vaccinated ba tong dalawa na to.
Jaylen ang nabasa ko vaccinated na.

edit: Pareho pala vaccinted.
« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2021 at 10:56 AM by Onkyo606 »

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #400 on: Oct 13, 2021 at 09:44 AM »
oh ok. kung ako yung Nets, better not to play him at all. I think he will just mess up with their chemistry kung ganyan na minsan lalaro, minsan wala sya.
Harden plus KD and yung mga bago nila sapat na siguro to make them a strong contender still.

Offline bashi

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Addict
  • Yo!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 349
« Reply #401 on: Oct 13, 2021 at 09:45 AM »
naubusan na ng pera yan

Yeah actually pinaguusapan na yan before how he can take the financial hit, apparently high living itong si Simmons but ang ayaw ko lang nagbitaw yan ng statement he'll ride out the full season if needed....iba na arrogance ng players these days

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #402 on: Oct 13, 2021 at 10:33 AM »
Ano ang ibig sabihin ng two way contract?

Online synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #403 on: Oct 13, 2021 at 10:56 AM »
Harden plus KD and yung mga bago nila sapat na siguro to make them a strong contender still.

Oh yes. look at how far KD single handedly lifted them to the playoffs last season.  Generational talent si KD.  The were literally 1 inch short of defeating the Bucks and going to the Finals.
« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2021 at 10:59 AM by synchro_01 »
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #404 on: Oct 13, 2021 at 08:34 PM »
NBA Celebrates 75th Anniversary

“The NBA’s milestone 75th Anniversary Season will be celebrated this upcoming season and the celebration will last throughout the 2021-22 campaign. The landmark season will be commemorated as ‘NBA 75’ and will soon feature a list of the 75 greatest players in league history.

The unveil of the NBA’s 75 greatest players in league history will occur this October. The storied list will be created by a blue-ribbon panel of media, current and former players, coaches, general managers, and team executives.“

The list of the NBA’s 75 greatest players will be a fresh one, i.e., not all the players named in the NBA’s 50 greatest players list back in 1996 are guaranteed of making it to this new list.

The announcement of the NBA’s 75 greatest players is set for opening week next week:

“Twenty-five members of the team, representing a cross section of positions and eras from throughout the NBA’s history, will be announced on each of the three days. The team is being selected by a blue-ribbon panel of media and current and former players, coaches, general managers and team executives.”

We deserve better.

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 794
« Reply #405 on: Oct 13, 2021 at 08:54 PM »
Ano ang ibig sabihin ng two way contract?

Para sa mga G-League players yan.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #406 on: Oct 13, 2021 at 11:19 PM »
Oh yes. look at how far KD single handedly lifted them to the playoffs last season.  Generational talent si KD.  The were literally 1 inch short of defeating the Bucks and going to the Finals.
Mahaba lang sapatos eh kaya natalo hahaha.

Harden has been a great facilitator for the Nets and seems he has accepted si KD talaga ang main man. Kung si LA will play the way he does bago mag retire and and Mills will fit in well sa sistema eh mukhang may pag asa maka ulit sa top 4

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #407 on: Oct 13, 2021 at 11:19 PM »
Para sa mga G-League players yan.
Sa NBA ko sya nababasa may mga players given a two way contract

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #408 on: Oct 13, 2021 at 11:21 PM »
By the waymay thread ba sa WNBA? Ang tindi nung Candace Parker!

Online synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #409 on: Oct 13, 2021 at 11:45 PM »
Mahaba lang sapatos eh kaya natalo hahaha.

Harden has been a great facilitator for the Nets and seems he has accepted si KD talaga ang main man. Kung si LA will play the way he does bago mag retire and and Mills will fit in well sa sistema eh mukhang may pag asa maka ulit sa top 4

They are the favorites to win it all this year but Kyrie is just derailing that goal.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #410 on: Oct 14, 2021 at 05:12 AM »
They are the favorites to win it all this year but Kyrie is just derailing that goal.
Baka they are best without Kyrie?

Offline dyerds

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #411 on: Oct 14, 2021 at 06:20 AM »
The announcement of the NBA’s 75 greatest players is set for opening week next week:

“Twenty-five members of the team, representing a cross section of positions and eras from throughout the NBA’s history, will be announced on each of the three days. The team is being selected by a blue-ribbon panel of media and current and former players, coaches, general managers and team executives.”

Sino kaya yung matatanggal sa current 50 greatest at sino naman kaya ang mga bagong masasali?

Offline scoob

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • DVD Addict
  • Needs to learn a few tricks...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #412 on: Oct 14, 2021 at 07:20 AM »
Sa NBA ko sya nababasa may mga players given a two way contract
Sa pagkaintindi ko, players with 2-way contracts can play in the NBA or to their G-league affiliated team. Then yung bayad sa kanila depends kung saan liga sila nag laro. I assume games they played sa NBA pays them higher than games they played sa G-league

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #413 on: Oct 14, 2021 at 07:47 AM »
^ In addition, based also on what I’ve read online:

* Each NBA team is allowed two roster spots for two-way contract players - on top of the regular 15-man roster. The salaries of two-way contract players do not count against the team’s salary cap.

* Only players with fewer than four years of experience are eligible to be signed to two-way contracts.

* Two-way players can play up to a maximum of 50 regular season games in the NBA. In order for them to be eligible for the playoffs, their contracts need to be converted to regular contracts (subject to the 15-player roster limit). However, the NBA relaxed these rules for the past two seasons because of the pandemic.

Some notable two-way players who are now key players for their teams include Duncan Robinson and Alex Caruso.
We deserve better.

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #414 on: Oct 14, 2021 at 09:40 AM »

* Each NBA team is allowed two roster spots for two-way contract players - on top of the regular 15-man roster. The salaries of two-way contract players do not count against the team’s salary cap.

* Only players with fewer than four years of experience are eligible to be signed to two-way contracts.

* Two-way players can play up to a maximum of 50 regular season games in the NBA. In order for them to be eligible for the playoffs, their contracts need to be converted to regular contracts (subject to the 15-player roster limit). However, the NBA relaxed these rules for the past two seasons because of the pandemic.

Some notable two-way players who are now key players for their teams include Duncan Robinson and Alex Caruso.
^Maraming salamat sa inyong paglilinaw.

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #415 on: Oct 14, 2021 at 02:53 PM »

two-way contracts are for players playing in G-League that are available for the NBA mother team to tap them to play on regular NBA games ... they are paid an NBA players salary only when they are tapped to be on uniform on a regular NBA game - kaya ang laking bagay sa kanila na maglaro sa regular NBA game, they get as high as 100k+ per NBA game, pag sa G-League small fraction lang
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #416 on: Oct 14, 2021 at 02:55 PM »
daming sugar coating ng mga announcement related to Kyrie, but you can sum it up in three words - Kyrie is STUPID
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline noob

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5336
« Reply #417 on: Oct 14, 2021 at 06:16 PM »
daming sugar coating ng mga announcement related to Kyrie, but you can sum it up in three words - Kyrie is STUPID

actually no one is sure if he is vaccinated or not, he simply said that he consider it a private matter.  parang sa election if asked who you voted - the answer is 'secret'. there are far greater pressures from other groups that is keeping him from saying it in public 😕

Online thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2143
« Reply #418 on: Oct 14, 2021 at 06:23 PM »
I beg to disagree. Everyone knows he is not yet vaccinated. Walang secret secret. Kse kung na vaccinate na sya edi dapat wala nang issue with the NBA and his team Nets. Nakaka practice na sya at makakalaro na. Why would he keep it a "secret" to his team and lose a lot of money?

actually no one is sure if he is vaccinated or not, he simply said that he consider it a private matter.  parang sa election if asked who you voted - the answer is 'secret'. there are far greater pressures from other groups that is keeping him from saying it in public 😕
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline noob

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5336
« Reply #419 on: Oct 14, 2021 at 06:29 PM »
to whom do you think al horford and jaylen brown contracted their covid 19 virus, from a vaccinated or not? either way is contagious!!  then why force everyone to be vaccinated when in the end the unvaccinated will suffer much. this virus is changing people think differently in si many ways.

my advice is only as good as what think, if i know you i will ask you to get the covid vaccine but if your choice is against it i cannot force the issue to you.