Author Topic: 2021-2022 NBA Season - Draft Day to Playoffs  (Read 106301 times)

Offline scoob

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • DVD Addict
  • Needs to learn a few tricks...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
Re: 2021-2022 NBA Season - Draft Day to Playoffs
« Reply #3090 on: May 16, 2022 at 02:23 PM »
Swerte rin GSW, they will have home court sa finals if they get passed DAL.

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2606
« Reply #3092 on: May 16, 2022 at 03:06 PM »
Suns Fans Burn Chris Paul's Jersey After Disappointing Loss

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/XTOjIRCbXJo
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 875
« Reply #3093 on: May 16, 2022 at 03:13 PM »
The Suns are a non playoff team without Chris Paul. No matter if Booker scores a ton...he cannot distribute like CP3.  The scary part for the Suns is if CP3's age catches up to him real soon and he wont be able to do the things he normally does against younger and more athletic kids.  They have him in the books till 2025.

Age related na yan regression ni CP3.  As they go deeper in the playoffs, the more games they play and for a 37 year old it takes it toll.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2382
« Reply #3094 on: May 16, 2022 at 04:40 PM »
Suns Fans Burn Chris Paul's Jersey After Disappointing Loss

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/XTOjIRCbXJo

Sobra naman yun fans

Paul should just play half or 3/4 of the regular season. Then full playoffs. The problem with that is he can get injured easily because he will be more out of shape. Damn if you do, damn if you don't. Also, sometimes nasa matchup talaga.

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #3095 on: May 16, 2022 at 04:50 PM »
the Suns blowout loss was really a surprised, I slept late so I had my alarm set at around the start of 3rd quarter ... after seeing the scores, I went back to sleep ... best record by a mile and did not even reach the conference finals
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 416
« Reply #3096 on: May 16, 2022 at 05:00 PM »
Booker still young dami pa chances bata, but after checking Doncic, mas bata pa pala.. Galing ng coach Mavs..

Muntik ng maging coach ng Lakers yang dati nilang assistant coach. Naka isang championship kasi si Vogel. Pero parang tanda ko si Kidd na dapat ipapalit kung hindi sya kinuha ng Mavs.

Si Ayton parang bigla din nalaos. Mas maganda laro nya last season.

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #3097 on: May 16, 2022 at 05:20 PM »

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3098 on: May 16, 2022 at 06:11 PM »
Muntik ng maging coach ng Lakers yang dati nilang assistant coach. Naka isang championship kasi si Vogel. Pero parang tanda ko si Kidd na dapat ipapalit kung hindi sya kinuha ng Mavs.

Si Ayton parang bigla din nalaos. Mas maganda laro nya last season.

Game 6 maganda nilaro nya.  I agree...last year he was the most consistent Suns player. Sadly it seems like he is 3rd on the pecking order ng Suns (Booker is #1 and CP3 # 2) so his abilities don't get highlighted that much.

They might lose Ayton.  The two sides didn't agree on the contract extension at the start of the season.  He is a restricted free agent come July 1 and other teams might offer him a salary that the Suns cannot match. 
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1439
« Reply #3099 on: May 16, 2022 at 06:19 PM »
^bigay na nila si Ayton. he's a fluke anyways. though sinong big ang pwede ipalit if ever?

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3100 on: May 16, 2022 at 06:27 PM »
the thrill of victory
agony of defeat
...homecourt pa, haaay

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #3101 on: May 16, 2022 at 07:17 PM »
The Suns are a non playoff team without Chris Paul. No matter if Booker scores a ton...he cannot distribute like CP3.  The scary part for the Suns is if CP3's age catches up to him real soon and he wont be able to do the things he normally does against younger and more athletic kids.  They have him in the books till 2025.

Age related na yan regression ni CP3.  As they go deeper in the playoffs, the more games they play and for a 37 year old it takes it toll.
Father time catches even the best. Sayang lang unti unti ng nagsasara yung championship window para kay CP3. Kahit pa bumagsak laro ni CP3 I dont think the Suns would go anywhere kung di kay CP3. Ayton would not be the player he is now without CP3

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

Offline noob

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5342
« Reply #3102 on: May 16, 2022 at 07:29 PM »
^bigay na nila si Ayton. he's a fluke anyways. though sinong big ang pwede ipalit if ever?

Ayton was trained, limitedly, on the pick and roll. Kapag hinde makalaro ng maganda yun point guard, let us say nagwardyahan, magsa-suffer din laro nya.  He should also be trained on high and low post play and improve his outside shooting like 3’s.

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3103 on: May 16, 2022 at 07:48 PM »
Father time catches even the best. Sayang lang unti unti ng nagsasara yung championship window para kay CP3. Kahit pa bumagsak laro ni CP3 I dont think the Suns would go anywhere kung di kay CP3. Ayton would not be the player he is now without CP3

The question here is...are they grooming someone to at least play the point whenever CP3 sits down or takes a DNP-Rest next year?  Nope Devin Booker isn't the guy and so is Cameron Payne who is one of the players that regressed from last years Finals run.  They signed Landy Shamet (till 2026) and he is a serviceable PG/SG but they don't give him much playing time.

If you think about it...ganyan kahirap manalo ng Championship.  You may reach the Finals one year and think that next year would be the same thing but other teams are improving. This year, both finalists from last year's championship are eliminated already just like last year when the Lakers and Miami were booted out early. 

Speaking of Father Time, nakakapagod for players who are already up there in age to play 100 plus games in a year and then do it again the next year.  Yung mga nakagawa ng back to back or three in a row na championships (Lakers, Bulls, GSW) back then, all their players were in the prime of their youth and careers.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #3104 on: May 16, 2022 at 09:10 PM »
The question here is...are they grooming someone to at least play the point whenever CP3 sits down or takes a DNP-Rest next year?  Nope Devin Booker isn't the guy and so is Cameron Payne who is one of the players that regressed from last years Finals run.  They signed Landy Shamet (till 2026) and he is a serviceable PG/SG but they don't give him much playing time.

If you think about it...ganyan kahirap manalo ng Championship.  You may reach the Finals one year and think that next year would be the same thing but other teams are improving. This year, both finalists from last year's championship are eliminated already just like last year when the Lakers and Miami were booted out early. 

Speaking of Father Time, nakakapagod for players who are already up there in age to play 100 plus games in a year and then do it again the next year.  Yung mga nakagawa ng back to back or three in a row na championships (Lakers, Bulls, GSW) back then, all their players were in the prime of their youth and careers.
For the longest time that Booker is with the Suns the team did not go anywhere. I dont think the Suns would go deep in the play-offs next season even if CP3 will continue to play.

By the way bakit may gumugusto kay Doc Rivers as coach eh palagi namang banderang kapos?

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3105 on: May 16, 2022 at 09:37 PM »
Bro kasi coaches that already have a championship ring as a head coach are highly sought after by teams.  Ilan na lang sila na active. 

you have the ff: Nurse, Lue, Bud, Carlisle, Spoelstra, Pop, Kerr, Doc and Vogel.

bawas mo na sa list si Spoelstra and Pop because they are off limits. They are lifers in their respective organizations.  That leaves you with 7. There are currently 30 teams in the NBA. 

Vogel pala will not be in the free agent market for long.  Rumor has it is that he is already a shoe in for the Charlotte head coach position. 
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline lithium_deuteride

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #3106 on: May 17, 2022 at 07:27 AM »
Seems Ayton and Monty had a mid-game encounter where the coach accused Ayton of quitting on the team.  Seems to me Ayton will be available this off season.  I like his size and skill set.  He just needs some fire in the belly when he plays.  Hope the Mavs make a play for him.  That will make them legit title contenders next season.
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3107 on: May 17, 2022 at 07:29 AM »
high iQ mental toughness fundamentals vs. american athleticism. yeah, white men cant jump

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 339
« Reply #3108 on: May 17, 2022 at 08:06 AM »
(AP) - Preview capsule for the Miami-Boston Eastern Conference finals series that starts tomorrow:

No. 1 MIAMI HEAT (53-29, 8-3) vs. No. 2 BOSTON CELTICS (51-31, 8-3)

Season series: Celtics, 2-1.

Storyline: After getting past Kevin Durant and Giannis Antetokounmpo, Jayson Tatum now goes against Jimmy Butler to headline the series between the Nos. 1 and 2 seeds in the Eastern Conference. It's the first 1 vs. 2 matchup in the conference finals since 2019, when Toronto knocked off top-seeded Milwaukee to win the East. The Heat and Celtics then met in the Eastern Conference finals the next season, with Miami winning in six games at Walt Disney World.

Key matchup: Butler vs. Tatum. Butler (28.7 points per game) and Tatum (28.3) are the Nos. 4 and 5 scorers in the postseason, with only Luka Doncic ahead of them among those who are still playing. Butler doesn't have the diversity of Tatum's offensive skills but is as good as anyone in the game at the things he does well. He has a pair of 40-point games already this postseason, one more than Tatum. Tatum, who scored 46 points with the Celtics facing elimination in Game 6 at Milwaukee, will be the focus of a Heat defense that has already slowed down high scorers Trae Young and James Harden thus far.

Injury watch: Miami starting point guard Kyle Lowry is expected to be out at least for the opener with the hamstring injury that sidelined him for the final two games against Philadelphia. Boston center Robert Williams didn't play in the last four games against Milwaukee. He sat out three with knee soreness and then didn't appear in Game 7, even though he was available in what coach Ime Udoka said would be only for certain situations.

Numbers of note: This the fifth playoff meeting between the teams. Miami has won the last three, two in the conference finals, after the Celtics took the first one in the opening round of the 2010 playoffs. ... Boston is in the conference finals for the fourth time in the last six years, but the Celtics haven't advanced further since falling in the 2010 NBA Finals. ... Butler is also leading all players in the postseason with 2.1 steals per game. ... Boston's Al Horford is the career leader in postseason games without ever reaching the NBA Finals. He has played in 135. ... The Heat are 6-0 at home in the playoffs. The Celtics are 4-1 on the road.

Prediction: These are two top defensive clubs, so points will be tough to come by even for the best players. But the Celtics appear to have more weapons on the offensive side, as they showed while hitting 22 3-pointers to take Game 7 against the Bucks on Sunday. And if the defending NBA champions couldn't stop them with two chances in the last round, it's hard to see who can now. Celtics in 6.
We deserve better.

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3109 on: May 17, 2022 at 08:38 AM »
Seems Ayton and Monty had a mid-game encounter where the coach accused Ayton of quitting on the team.  Seems to me Ayton will be available this off season.  I like his size and skill set.  He just needs some fire in the belly when he plays.  Hope the Mavs make a play for him.  That will make them legit title contenders next season.

I read about this as well.  Coach Monty is there to stay but I don't know about Ayton. First they didn't want to give him the max extension last off season. Now it looks like he is at odds with his coach.  Things can go South pretty fast for the Suns in case they lose Ayton and CP3's abilities decline drastically due to age (37 going 38 next year).  They will end up where they were 3 years ago which is a lottery team.

I then remembered that the Suns took Ayton at #1 in the draft over Luka Doncic. Another case of what might have been I guess. 
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline bogart.2006

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1891
« Reply #3110 on: May 17, 2022 at 09:27 AM »
anybody watched yung mga espn interviews ni Pat Bev? hot takes and very entertaining

Offline Bravesfan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Been here since 2005
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 797
« Reply #3111 on: May 17, 2022 at 09:59 AM »
^ He is preparing for life after he retired from basketball. Mas magaling sya sa ganyan laway lang ang puhunan tapos sya ang pinag-uusapan ng mga tao. :D

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #3112 on: May 17, 2022 at 10:04 AM »
He will be a match-up nightmare for the Warriors.

Sent using Tapatalk

Offline bogart.2006

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1891
« Reply #3113 on: May 17, 2022 at 10:11 AM »
^ He is preparing for life after he retired from basketball. Mas magaling sya sa ganyan laway lang ang puhunan tapos sya ang pinag-uusapan ng mga tao. :D

kaya lang baka wala din gusto makipagtrabaho sa kanya kasi di pinapatapos ung nagsasalita. hilig mangbara

tapos basura din ang mga takes niya, parang si Ryan Hollins dati

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3114 on: May 17, 2022 at 11:17 AM »
Nakakainis si Pat Bev magbigay ng mga takes nya. Pag sya guest I dont even watch it.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline lithium_deuteride

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #3115 on: May 17, 2022 at 11:25 AM »
anybody watched yung mga espn interviews ni Pat Bev? hot takes and very entertaining

I did and yes very interesting ang comments niya.  I gather he is not a fan of CP3 and the Suns for 1 thing.
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #3116 on: May 17, 2022 at 11:25 AM »
I read about this as well.  Coach Monty is there to stay but I don't know about Ayton. First they didn't want to give him the max extension last off season. Now it looks like he is at odds with his coach.  Things can go South pretty fast for the Suns in case they lose Ayton and CP3's abilities decline drastically due to age (37 going 38 next year).  They will end up where they were 3 years ago which is a lottery team.

I then remembered that the Suns took Ayton at #1 in the draft over Luka Doncic. Another case of what might have been I guess.
Di ba immediately na trade din si Luka for Trae? Di kaya nag sisisi ang ATL about that  trade?

Offline thebat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2143
« Reply #3117 on: May 17, 2022 at 11:28 AM »
I enjoyed Pat Bev's very interesting and entertaining opinion. He said CP3 can't guard nobody and compared him to an orange cones, hahaha! Come to think of it, magulang lang maglaro si CP3 and is a known flopper as well. But can't really argue about his point guard floor general skills.
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 416
« Reply #3118 on: May 17, 2022 at 11:33 AM »
Di ba immediately na trade din si Luka for Trae? Di kaya nag sisisi ang ATL about that  trade?

Si Trae naka pasok na sa ECF, si Luka ngayon lang naka pasok sa WCF, pero kung makapasok sa NBA Finals si Luka at kung mag champion pa, malamang magsisi nga ang Atlanta.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022 at 11:34 AM by VenoM_Unleashed »

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3119 on: May 17, 2022 at 11:44 AM »

Yes. DAL really wanted Luka from the get go. He had just won the Euroleague MVP prior to the draft and Dirk was still playing for the Mavs.

So the teams that passed on Luka were the ff:  PHO, SAC and ATL.  I firmly believe that those three teams and their fanbase are already regretting that decision.  Draft scouting reports said that Luka was not athletic enough and his body might not be NBA ready for the next couple of years.  They got that right.  He rarely jumps and he looks like a normal dude out there playing basketball and eats fast food after the game.  If you ask me I believe he is still out of shape just like how he started this season.  Imagine if he listens to his nutritionist and works on his body just like LBJ.  He can still improve his game.

Ang maganda sa laro ni Luka is that it isnt injury prone.  No high flying acrobatic moves a la Ja Morant. Puro fundamentals lang si Luka pero super effective.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022 at 11:50 AM by synchro_01 »
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat