Author Topic: Choosing the Sony 65A80J OLED TV  (Read 2726 times)

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
Re: Choosing the Sony 65A80J OLED TV
« Reply #30 on: Apr 11, 2022 at 03:28 PM »
I have a new addition to my Sony Bravia setup - I purchased the Sony SRS NS7 neckband speaker.  I've done my initial testing, it is really able to simulate 360 degrees spatial sound of ATMOS.  My initial impressions is that it is excellent for movies, para kang nasa sinehan, but only good (not excellent) for music because of lack of base.  I'll try to thinker more on the settings, and probably have a seperate thread for the review of the product.  Note that the support for ATMOS and 360 degrees spatial sound only works with Sony Bravia XR tv's.
« Last Edit: Apr 11, 2022 at 04:28 PM by raptor »
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Online bachwitz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Musica delenit bestiam feram
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 32
« Reply #31 on: Apr 12, 2022 at 11:05 AM »
I have a new addition to my Sony Bravia setup - I purchased the Sony SRS NS7 neckband speaker.  I've done my initial testing, it is really able to simulate 360 degrees spatial sound of ATMOS.  My initial impressions is that it is excellent for movies, para kang nasa sinehan, but only good (not excellent) for music because of lack of base.  I'll try to thinker more on the settings, and probably have a seperate thread for the review of the product.  Note that the support for ATMOS and 360 degrees spatial sound only works with Sony Bravia XR tv's.

Curious, Swede marami neckband nakakabit kung marami ang nood?

Offline alvinbaronsia

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • I'm new here! Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #32 on: Apr 12, 2022 at 11:51 AM »
My initial impressions is that it is excellent for movies, para kang nasa sinehan, but only good (not excellent) for music because of lack of base.

Movies have bass but not music?

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Apr 12, 2022 at 02:58 PM »
Movies have bass but not music?

for the movies it is really more on spatial sound - sound simulated to come from each corner and even above the listener, it is able to do that ... for music, preference is having that good solid bass which it cannot really do due to the size and orientation of the speakers - you get more detailed bass from an in-ear earphones rather than this neckband speaker ... aside from movies, this can also be paired with mobile phones and laptops, making it very useful for zoom or other virtual calls - it is a lot more comfortable than headphones, you'll practically forget your wearing it compared to discomfort of wearing headphones or earphones over time

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Apr 12, 2022 at 03:00 PM »
Curious, Swede marami neckband nakakabit kung marami ang nood?

I don't think so, probably because of the limited bandwidth of the bluetooth connection - usually bluetooth connection would not allow for ATMOS support because of the bandwidth limitations of the technology, probably the reason why they have a special adaptor included for Sony Bravia XR tvs

Offline rock_star

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #35 on: Aug 04, 2022 at 02:54 PM »

I bought this recently during Amazon Prime Day sale. Local price from Sony is P16k, so ok na rin ang nabili ko sa Prime Day which cost me around P10k because I think you shouldn't buy this product at full price of 16k.

My review is it's good for watching TV kung wala kang home theater setup, at ayaw mong maistorbo mga kasama mo sa bahay dahil sa volume ng TV. With this neckband speaker I don't need subtitles anymore. Clear ang dialog, and the music is good. Hindi rin bothersome ang weight ng speakers when placed. Sa 3D surround sound naman, it's good also pero hindi naman game changer. I'll admit there are times na akala ko umuulan sa labas, pero yun pala it's the white noise from the scene that I'm watching. Sometimes though in action scenes where the music is very loud and punchy, and while car chases and gunfights are happening, like in Netflix's "The Gray Man", the speakers can't handle everything and just drowns everything down a level.

For the bad naman, I'll admit nabudol ako thinking this is good for gaming. It is not. The latency is noticeable. I don't know why reviews on YouTube or tech sites say it shines in gaming. Good thing there's a supplied transmitter puck because without it the lag is horrible. But even with the transmitter I still notice latency of more than half a second I guess. FPS gaming suffers because yes I can hear other player's footsteps near me and I can distinguish where they're coming from but the thing is they already appeared in my vision so they're already a step ahead of me. Even with VRR and ALLM already turned on, latency is still noticeable. The speakers could benefit more if additional settings can be accessed to change the sound profile.

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Aug 04, 2022 at 04:00 PM »
I bought this recently during Amazon Prime Day sale. Local price from Sony is P16k, so ok na rin ang nabili ko sa Prime Day which cost me around P10k because I think you shouldn't buy this product at full price of 16k.

My review is it's good for watching TV kung wala kang home theater setup, at ayaw mong maistorbo mga kasama mo sa bahay dahil sa volume ng TV. With this neckband speaker I don't need subtitles anymore. Clear ang dialog, and the music is good. Hindi rin bothersome ang weight ng speakers when placed. Sa 3D surround sound naman, it's good also pero hindi naman game changer. I'll admit there are times na akala ko umuulan sa labas, pero yun pala it's the white noise from the scene that I'm watching. Sometimes though in action scenes where the music is very loud and punchy, and while car chases and gunfights are happening, like in Netflix's "The Gray Man", the speakers can't handle everything and just drowns everything down a level.

For the bad naman, I'll admit nabudol ako thinking this is good for gaming. It is not. The latency is noticeable. I don't know why reviews on YouTube or tech sites say it shines in gaming. Good thing there's a supplied transmitter puck because without it the lag is horrible. But even with the transmitter I still notice latency of more than half a second I guess. FPS gaming suffers because yes I can hear other player's footsteps near me and I can distinguish where they're coming from but the thing is they already appeared in my vision so they're already a step ahead of me. Even with VRR and ALLM already turned on, latency is still noticeable. The speakers could benefit more if additional settings can be accessed to change the sound profile.

I think that the transmitter is the key, if one would use it with plain bluetooth connection, it would only good for music listening or conferencing (zoom, etc.).  By default, bluetooth standard does not support the transmission bandwidth required for ATMOS, hence this really just advantageous if you have a Bravia XR tv, doon lang kasi supported yung dongle nya.

I did not have the time to write a separate review for the SRS NS7, but I brought it from Lazada which imported it from an online store in Japan - 12k yung price, mas mura sa Amazon. It simulates ATMOS surround well, I'm satisfied with it for the price. Surprisingly ok din sya for long Zoom or Teams conferences when connected to my phone, di nakakapagod tulad ng mga headphones.

Offline rock_star

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #37 on: Aug 04, 2022 at 08:28 PM »
I agree. If your TV isn't a Bravia XR, you're wasting money if you're buying this. You're better off buying a pair of wireless headphones that does not rely on bluetooth. The transmitter puck also works with other high end Sony bluetooth headphones/earbuds. I tried it with my WF-1000XM4, but the puck is better paired with the speakers based on experience. For music, it works best with Sony approved music services like Deezer and its 360 audio service. Comparing it with Apple Music's Dolby Atmos, I noticed the vocals and treble are tuned higher and can be heard in front of everything else so I don't think Dolby Atmos is working the way it should on these speakers, while with Spotify, which does not have spatial audio, it is a level below them.

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #38 on: Dec 23, 2023 at 11:55 AM »
« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2023 at 11:59 AM by Verbl Kint »