Author Topic: Transporting 65" TV  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Justright

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • I'm new here! Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Transporting 65" TV
« on: Jul 18, 2022 at 09:11 PM »
Seeking the group's input:

I am from the province, 9 hrs away from Manila. I will be going there soon, and seeing some nice promos, I'm  tempted of buying either a 65" OLED or a high-end LED TV of the same size. There's simply too little choice here in the province. There is an Abenson branch near us, but their customer service isn't that good. Will the TV's box fit in my vehicle, an Isuzu MuX? I'm thinking of having the rear seats temporarily dismantled. For example, the dimensions of the LG 65oled C1 box is 57.05” x 33.94” x 9.88”. Has anyone here tried fitting a 65" TV with box upright in a SUV? Or should I just suck it up buy my desired TV in our locality?

Offline noob

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5334
Re: Transporting 65" TV
« Reply #1 on: Jul 18, 2022 at 10:53 PM »

I am from the province, 9 hrs away from Manila. I will be going there soon, and seeing some nice promos, I'm  tempted of buying either a 65" OLED or a high-end LED TV of the same size. There's simply too little choice here in the province. There is an Abenson branch near us, but their customer service isn't that good. Will the TV's box fit in my vehicle, an Isuzu MuX? I'm thinking of having the rear seats temporarily dismantled. For example, the dimensions of the LG 65oled C1 box is 57.05” x 33.94” x 9.88”. Has anyone here tried fitting a 65" TV with box upright in a SUV? Or should I just suck it up buy my desired TV in our locality?

Am a bit practical.  I will not pick-up the item and transport it because something might happen and you may lose your warranty.  it is a bit risky (that is me).
If you cannot buy from local dealers, ask sellers here if they can deliver to your place. Sa sm, where i usually buy before, they deliver appliances with minimal fees. Other members here who are from VisMin i think use cargo forwarders..  Or maybe, you can order from shopee or lazada and pay for delivery charges.

Other guys here, though, may chip-in their experiences..  Good luck!!
« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2022 at 10:54 PM by noob »

Offline RastaSega

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2022 at 02:57 AM »
last time I bought a 65" tv I borrowed an Innova. It fit perfectly (with the box). Not an inch to spare.

Offline TinkerTailor

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 216
« Reply #3 on: Jul 19, 2022 at 12:56 PM »
I'm sure it can fit, box and all in your Mux. As for the risks,  the tv is supported by rhe styro so it's quite safe.

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
« Reply #4 on: Jul 19, 2022 at 02:19 PM »
I'm sure it can fit, box and all in your Mux. As for the risks,  the tv is supported by rhe styro so it's quite safe.

correct. as long as the original styro is there to support the panel then its fine.  What damages panels while in transport is the panel flexing  due to vibration or handling.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Justright

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jul 19, 2022 at 02:45 PM »
correct. as long as the original styro is there to support the panel then its fine.  What damages panels while in transport is the panel flexing  due to vibration or handling.

Thanks for the responses. Should the screen side be facing upward or downward? I'm assuming that the TV with box will fit provided it is positioned flat or lying down and not placed upright?

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jul 19, 2022 at 02:48 PM »
The box will have stickers that say this side up. It should be upright and not flat.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
« Reply #7 on: Jul 19, 2022 at 08:27 PM »
I gifted someone a TV in Digos. They had no TV store there so I bought from the Davao branch and had it shipped & installed at the Digos install address.

They charged extra because it's out of city bounds which is OK with me cause  at lest it was moved and installed by the store's personnel.

Offline pekspert

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #8 on: Jul 19, 2022 at 10:09 PM »
i dont think kasya sa MUX ang upright 65", it will only fit flat with seats folded. But its really risky transporting big tvs if lying flat even with styrofoam and box on long rides
84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline RastaSega

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jul 19, 2022 at 11:22 PM »
upright dapat. Not flat. Yeah, I don't think kasya sa MUX.

Offline CeeV

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 143
« Reply #10 on: Jul 20, 2022 at 10:05 AM »
Can lay it down naman provided you would modify the packing by putting extra styro in between the top and bottom styro.. Tapos make sure na panel is on top and not papatungan..That’s how I transport mine from Makati to Batangas.

Offline keldomingo77

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #11 on: Jul 20, 2022 at 02:25 PM »
Sir Rowel of WelCrs delivers their TV on their pick-up truck laid down at the pick-up's bed, at least within Metro Manila

Offline yapoy86

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #12 on: Jul 20, 2022 at 02:27 PM »
Thanks for the responses. Should the screen side be facing upward or downward? I'm assuming that the TV with box will fit provided it is positioned flat or lying down and not placed upright?

Upright sir.. pag lay flat mag flex yung panel nyan due to its sheer size.. measure mo na lang muna or better remove the middle seats..

Or hire ka ng l300 fb van

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jul 20, 2022 at 04:13 PM »
Sir Rowel of WelCrs delivers their TV on their pick-up truck laid down at the pick-up's bed, at least within Metro Manila

Rowel should know better.  That is the incorrect way to transport big screen TV's.  The screen isn't designed nor engineered to support its own weight lying down.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline RastaSega

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jul 20, 2022 at 04:21 PM »
Rowel should know better.  That is the incorrect way to transport big screen TV's.  The screen isn't designed nor engineered to support its own weight lying down.

correct answer.

kahit ano styro ilagay nyo, hindi yan effective.

Offline yapoy86

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #15 on: Jul 20, 2022 at 07:39 PM »
He clearly knows how to sell.. but sucks at shipping.. hehe

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #16 on: Jul 20, 2022 at 08:25 PM »

I would think it would fit, I transported mine (Sony 65-inch OLED) on a Ford Everest, which I think is about the same size as the MuX.  I had to knock down the second and third row seats though for the boxed TV to fit in.  I think that the packaging makes it safe to transport but still advisable to bring additional cushioning to prevent the box from moving loosely during transport, especially if you're going through inclines and rough roads.  I'm not familiar how the MuX seats at the back folds, but you would need all the spaces at the back for the TV to fit in.
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Jul 20, 2022 at 09:05 PM »
He clearly knows how to sell.. but sucks at shipping.. hehe

Oo nga bro.  I bought a TV from him several years ago. Buti na lang dala ko yung SUV nung napadaan kami ng wife ko sa Cash and Carry. Ako na nag uwi ng TV.....in an upright position of course.

@ to the TS: Just use a measuring tape to see if the MUX can accommodate the length AND the height of the TV box.  Get the box dimensions from the seller first.  From there you will know if kakasya nga.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #18 on: Jul 22, 2022 at 02:17 AM »
bought my 65 lg oled from a guy in Cavite, transported to Pasig, used an SUV and the TV laying down, it was fine.

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #19 on: Jul 22, 2022 at 06:24 AM »
correct answer.

kahit ano styro ilagay nyo, hindi yan effective.

Yup, maski hindi mabasag ito minsan ang cause ng mga cloudy backlight/bloom and other potential panel issues (like pressure damage and coating delamination).

Offline bachwitz

• DVD Addict
  • Musica delenit bestiam feram
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 32
« Reply #20 on: Jul 23, 2022 at 10:33 AM »
A bit segway : How to avail warranty if you bought tv in Manila and bring it to the province?

Offline noob

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Jul 23, 2022 at 11:09 AM »
Oo nga bro.  I bought a TV from him several years ago. Buti na lang dala ko yung SUV nung napadaan kami ng wife ko sa Cash and Carry. Ako na nag uwi ng TV.....in an upright position of course.

@ to the TS: Just use a measuring tape to see if the MUX can accommodate the length AND the height of the TV box.  Get the box dimensions from the seller first.  From there you will know if kakasya nga.

If, needs lashing also.

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Jul 23, 2022 at 01:48 PM »
A bit segway : How to avail warranty if you bought tv in Manila and bring it to the province?
Same lang din. Kung may service center in your area yung brand na binili mo dapat madali lang.

Tawag ka sa customer service nung brand na binili mo and magcocoordinate sila dun sa service center para inspect and repair yung set kung home service ang guarantee nila. Dalawang bisita yan normally, inspection and diagnosis tapos pangalawang bisita may dala nang piyesa for repair. Kung hindi for home service ang unit (smaller TV sets or cheaper brands madalas), then dadalhin mo sa service center near you.

Before you buy a set, check mo muna yung brands na may reliable service center sa area para iwas aberya.

Offline Justright

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Jul 24, 2022 at 07:36 AM »
Yup, maski hindi mabasag ito minsan ang cause ng mga cloudy backlight/bloom and other potential panel issues (like pressure damage and coating delamination).

I opted not to risk it. There's no way the TV with its box can fit upright, unless we remove  all the rear seats. So I will have to order my TV of choice in our province instead. In going the rounds at the big appliance stores, something came up...LED/laser 4K projectors. But that's another topic in another discussion. Made me more confuse though.

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Jul 24, 2022 at 08:58 AM »
I opted not to risk it. There's no way the TV with its box can fit upright, unless we remove  all the rear seats. So I will have to order my TV of choice in our province instead. In going the rounds at the big appliance stores, something came up...LED/laser 4K projectors. But that's another topic in another discussion. Made me more confuse though.

Mall appliance stores will sometimes negotiate a deal for these bigger-ticket items. Projectors are great for spaces where you can control the lighting (such as dedicated rooms for viewing), though you can sometimes compensate for ambient light with a good ALR screen.

Offline pekspert

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #25 on: Jul 24, 2022 at 11:09 AM »
another option is to hire a  passenger jeep from your place and drive to manila to pickup. Not sure though if cheaper pa din lalabas.
84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Jul 24, 2022 at 11:29 AM »
^^ yeah...why not just rent a vehicle that can swallow that huge TV. 
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline noob

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Jul 24, 2022 at 12:35 PM »

i do not know for the MuX but for the Innova it is just 4 bolts, 2 each seat,  did it last week and had returned it, am 67 yo so it may be that easy.. including the lifting..

Offline bashi

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Addict
  • Yo!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 349
« Reply #28 on: Jul 24, 2022 at 12:40 PM »
Dami ako nakikita transporting huge tvs sa motorcycle 🤣 I thought ibang klase na yan til I saw two days ago someone transporting a washing machine 🤣 beat that

Offline Justright

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Aug 17, 2022 at 02:50 PM »
I just had the TV delivered by our local appliance store franchise. I had to wait for more than two weeks. The 1080P projector I ordered via Lazada from China arrived in roughly the same time period. I transported the box to our farm house for safekeeping, di nga kasya sa loob ng MuX kung patayo. It barely fit kahit pahiga. Anyway, this thread is good for future reference.