Author Topic: Users with TV tuner  (Read 13145 times)

Offline boss_onie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Users with TV tuner
« on: Jun 05, 2004 at 03:12 AM »
Thanks for viewing this topic.
i just bought a Leadtek Winfast TV 2000xp... <expert edition>... capturing at a vcd format seems to be no problem. very smooth. regarding the tv-resolution, okey naman sya. ganda din ng sounds. unlike sa pixelview,mdyo sabod yun sounds. The problem is, when i am trying to capture at a dvd format 720x480... ang lakas nyang mag drop frame? just want to ask, yun mga meron ng ganitongtuner? if you are having experience like this? i checked all my settings. okey naman. my HD is working fine. even killed some xtra process running on my pc. para mabawasan lang ang cpu usage. but still the problem arised.....tanung ko lang din? to all pinaccle tv tuner user? and other brands? okey  ba yun capture nyo using a dvd format? nde ba nagddropframes sa pinaccle? kse kung nde, ay papalitan ko na lang tong TVtuner na to. i need na matinong pang transfer sana to dvd format. That will not cost me a lot.

salamat...

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Users with TV tuner
« Reply #1 on: Jun 05, 2004 at 01:33 PM »
What is your capturing software?

Do the following:

Be sure that DMA is enabled for IDE hard disks.

Download the latest version of DirectX and other necessary updates from Microsoft:
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

Defragement HD.

If you have some hardware devices that are currently connected via USB port like compact flash card reader, removable drives, etc., then please just unplug them and close all running applications like screen saver and memory-resident applications (system monitor, anti-virus application, etc.) as they may cause error as well before performing a data write/system conflict.

Change the swap file, etc. etc.

Offline boss_onie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jun 05, 2004 at 02:21 PM »
Salamat sa reply philander, =)
Below is the specs of my pc. for additional info:

P3- 1 ghz
512mb SDram
ABIT- motherboard
Teac 60x cdrom
Lite on DVDwriter 812S
80 gig maxtor ultra ATA133 <2pc> an 80 gig specified just for capturing only
32mb video card
pinaccle capture card (firewire) cost around 6 to 7T if info is needed.
Leadtek winfast tv tuner (xpert edition)

My partition:
C: 17G- OS winxp-sp1
D: 1.5G - dedicated for swap.
E: FILES

i did all the necessary files to be patched. My HD---> is transferring at UDMA mode6. Then done tweakings na din po, for videoeditng... nabasa ko videoguys.com if im not mistaken. pero ganun pa din po...
ask ko lang po,if you are using the a tv tuner? same brand po ba tayo? or may ka kilala po ba kayo na ganito angtuner, but does not have a problem with capturing a dvd format? if may ka kilala po kayo, wats the specs of his pc?

My option for now, is format my capture drive, and install a fresh xp, and see what happens. sabihin ko na lang kung anu mangyari after that.  tanung ko lang rin sir, sa swap nyo? do you set your upper limit and lower limit the same? i set mine, lower=900mb and upper=1500mb... my physical  memory=512mb SDRAM....

Mas okey ba pag sinet sya ng pareho? if in case you set yours like that...
salamat sa oras mo, philander=)

Offline Philander

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jun 05, 2004 at 02:35 PM »
May kasama ba yang Ulead VideoStudio?

We have at least 3 tuner cards here: Pixelview, VideoMate, and Connexant.

Anong software ang gamit mong pang capture, sa Ulead kasi may dedicated patch para dyan. Try to ask a tech support from Leadtek, or download the latest drivers for your capturing device.

We have received tons of reports about capturing problems with Leadtek, but I can only answer using Ulead Software.

Offline Philander

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

Offline boss_onie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jun 06, 2004 at 10:28 AM »
huhm. thanks for the very enlightening feed. yess. at last... ang lake nga ng inimprove ng pag capture ko using a ULEAD. i apllied the patch dunno what it does. but the instruction is, apply the patch,then install the software of my winfast. huhm... does it mean, kelangan ko pang i-uninstall sya.

huhm, dame nyong capturecard dyan ah. may studio po ba kayo sir? btw, i even tried the fresh installation, then update my xp and patches. then install my tvtuner, at ganun pa din. un ulead ang naka solved. anglake na inimprove. although there is a slight drop frame paminsan... pero from there, tingen ko pwede ng mas maimprove. as compare dun sa una. as in parang wala ng pag asa.. maganda yun winfast na tvtuner.

tsaka sir, tanung ko lang, sbe nyo po, you receive tons of report on that hardware.,.. are you working somewhat related to hardwares? para pag may special question ako, i can addressed it to you... kung okey lang po.

pixelview, panget daw po yun sound. according to my friend. is it the same case with you?

Offline Philander

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jun 07, 2004 at 10:45 AM »
Glad to be of help.

I'm working as a technical support for Ulead.
« Last Edit: Jun 15, 2004 at 03:23 PM by Philander »

Offline jpadua

• DVD Addict
  • www.m2systech.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jun 10, 2004 at 04:24 PM »
Philander, Talaga!? I never knew that you were with ULead.  Saan ka ba based? dito sa pinas ba?

May bundled na Ulead Video studio yung Winfast ko, I never thought of installing it until I actually start editing video.  So you mean the ulead video studio can work as a PVR also??? that would be interesting... I'll try installing that later.

Boss_onie,

Kamusta, I have the same card... winfast TV 2000 Expert Edition.

First off update your drivers. If you go to leadtek's website, you will find that there are several driver versions, use the one prior to the latest one.  The latest drives have problems, especially when changing channels, there is no more auto volume mute.  After installing the new drivers, install the latest update of the winfast PVR application.  The old version wont work well with the new drivers.

Timeshifting issue was fixed for me, I used to lose sound when a few seconds after I press pause.

by the way, regarding the dropped frames issue, sadly I think its more of a CPU problem.  I use an AthlonXP 2500 Barton with 512DDR generic ram.  I used to get dropped frames using the DVD recording setting.  Then I jumped the gun and decided to overclock.  Now my cpu registers as an Athlon 3200!!! and now no more dropped frames.  That solved my problem.

With your CPU sadly can handle only Mpeg-1 resolutions.  You can try freeing up memory and such, but I think encoding is really a more CPU intesive task than we might think.  The Winfast TV XP is a software encoder.  The hardware mpeg encoders need less CPU since the encoding is done by the capture card.

Oh well... anyway its an excellent card! I got it working with dscaler for watching TV and its AWSOME!!!!
« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2004 at 04:32 PM by jpadua »

Offline Philander

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jun 10, 2004 at 04:34 PM »
Philander, Talaga!? I never knew that you were with ULead.  Saan ka ba based? dito sa pinas ba?

Yes, here in Phils. We also have tech support in Taiwan (HQ), USA, Germany/France, Asia-Pacific, Japa, UK, & China

Offline boss_onie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jun 15, 2004 at 02:40 PM »
thanks for the info philander, i can now download realtime movies in a 720 x 480 resolution, using ULEAD for capturing. I am using AVI format, RGB 0.... when im using RGB 24, nag ddrop frames ako sobra while capturing, pero yun final output naman nya, (yun .avi file.) okey naman po yun output, my slight drop pa din po... sir philander, just want to ask if there is a big difference in <avi format rgb 0> and <avi format rgb 24> ?
is it visible by the naked eye? kse nde ko po masyadong mapansin yun difference eh.

jpadua, sorry for the late reply, nasa xperiment stage kse ako, nung nag email ka, kaya i cannot give an exact output yet... eto na yun pwede kong gawin. I can capture  a 720 x 480 .AVI file.. using ULEAD capture rgb 0..
no compressions para less cpu usage. Then i can edit it in premiere... output ko sa premiere is .avi din no compression... then my final output from the premiere, will be converted to mpeg2 using TMPGENC.. ayan sir, mdyo matagal lang yun process ko, kse, i cannot output to mpeg na kaagad, while capturing. good thing about this, mas okey daw mag edit pag AVI yun file.... my final output na mpeg2, okey naman.. no problem at all. my cpu usage while capturing max @ 89%....  Maganda talaga yun tv tuner... if you have some advise, please dont hesitate... How do you capture, panu yun process mo from capturing to video editing, and authoring.

salamat ng marami,philander and jpadua.

Offline jpadua

• DVD Addict
  • www.m2systech.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jul 03, 2004 at 10:32 AM »
Hi Boss Onie, actually di ako masyado into video editing.  Ginagamit ko talaga yung card for TV viewing, and on occasions pag maganda yung palabas, I record to hard disk via DivX.  I was asking din kasi cause I have some old VHS tapes ng mga Guitar Lessons and Tutorials na gusto kong i convert to DVD.

By the way, I'll be trying out the new PixelView PlayTV 7000, I'm getting it today.  Its card based on the Blackbird PCB layout.  Its really a mpeg2 hardware capture card that has a built in Tuner (as compared to other products na TV-tuner with video capture). hehe Tamad talaga ako but I want a simpler solution to convert to MPEG2, meaning a direct capture a to MPEG2 hehehe.  But the reviews Ive read are good, and it comes with a nice full featured remote thats fully programmable.  And is also compatible with window media center OS.

I post ko findings ko dito after I start testing the card.

Offline boss_onie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jul 05, 2004 at 08:33 PM »
huhm.. thats cool jpadua. try to observe the sound if its okey. mga early version kse ng pixelview, lam ko, panget yun sound eh. balitaan mo ako ha, i-post mo na lang dito un magiging results. experimental stage pa din ako, pag may result na ako, i'll  post it here. thanks for the info. btw, dinispose mo na yun tuner xpert edition  mo?

Offline joeyrodil

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Hi to everyone!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jul 09, 2004 at 08:12 PM »
im using ATI all in Wonder 8500 DV 64MB with TV tuner and Capture card so far no problem pa naman wala pa akong drop frames using P4 2.53 with 512 MB ram, Ultra 160 SCSI and 80GB 7200 Maxtor, and already converted around 1000 tapes with it
do not do unto others what can you do for today

Offline jpadua

• DVD Addict
  • www.m2systech.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jul 12, 2004 at 07:56 AM »
I have to admit, medyo mapili ang pixelview playtv 7000 sa 3rd party software, so I cant use dscaler or SageTV Ive been trying GotTV also with no go.  Apparently it only works with the software na kasama sa card.  Medyo clunky yung software, siguro dahil dipa ganun ka polished, I'm hoping driver updates will improve the performance.  Minsan may Audio and video sync problem when watching TV, pero nareresolve when you change  a channel.  Mabagal mag change ng channels yung software nya.  Audio is ok, it passes audio through the PCI bus, so you controll the audio using the wav slider lang sa mixer control ng windows.  Yung remote mukhang maganda.. fully programmable although I didnt have the chance to configure the remote yet.

Recording wise, ok naman yung hardware mpeg-2.

Ok sana.. I think may chance maging ok na card to maybe after software and driver updates.  The card is based on the blackbird PCB hardware mpeg-2 card so it should be ok.

Admittedly I think I'd stick to the winfast expert edition only becuase it works with almost every piece of third party software that uses WDM.  It works great with Dscaler using the WDM drivers.

Offline boss_onie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jul 15, 2004 at 06:17 PM »
thanks for the reply jpadua, huhm, hopefully, mag release nga sila ng mga patch for softwares. Nag eedit ka din ba ng video? tsaka ng dvd author ka din ba?
thanks. i can now record a dvd format from my winfast, with no drop frames, yun nga lang, mdyo mahaba yun buong process ko. =)

thanks.

Offline vimperial

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Jul 31, 2004 at 08:06 PM »
I am using the same hardware.  Leadtek winfast tv2000 xp rm.  Gaano katagal ang mag capture and magburn sa DVD-R?  Ako experience ko mga 5 hours ang recoding and another 1 hour to capture (depending on the length of the movie)... Ganun ba talaga magburn ng DVD?  Unlike sa VCD, wala pang 30 mins magburn sa CD.

Please share naman ang experience nyo how long would it convert a 1 hour MPEG2 para maging DVD format sa DVD-R.  Anong software ang kailangan to burn it in DVD-R. I tried checking Nero kaso wala miniDVD lang ang option.  I am testing a ROXIO software.. kaso ang tagal ng recoding from MPEG2....

Offline boss_onie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Jul 31, 2004 at 10:36 PM »
Hi vimperial,

Nde matagal ang magburn ng dvd, ang matagal sa paggawa ng dvd ay yung pag convert nya ng video avi to mpg2. dyan sya nagtatagal. Here's my process.

i capture the video using VHS as my source. i am capturing in pure avi, i cant afford to capture using any compression because i have a slower machine compare to others. I invest on harddrive space... I am using TMPgenc as my avi-mpg conversion. mdyo matagal kse talaga mag convert, kse in our case, we can only convert using software-based. wala kseng hardware encoder/decoder yun winfast naten. But for my final DVD output, i am using adobe encore dvd, customized dvd na sya pag using encore. may chapter selection etc. By the way, what pc are you using? Me, i am using a P3 1Ghz, 512SDRAM, 1pc 80GIG and 1pc 200Gig. using windows XP-sp1, updated patches and some tweaks. If you have a really powerful machine, that can encode realtime conversion, then you can use yun gamet naten na software for the tuner? WINPVR. meron options dun direct to dvd.

Can you get an mpg2 file ba agad when you capture? then it means you own a highend pc, if you can do this? dapat wala kang problem in converting it to dvd.

Just an additional info: i was able to convert a debut video consisting almost 100 mins of video due to trial and error process, it took me two weeks, coz i also have to work though. Pero sa encore, once ma-burn mo na sya once, yung mga susunud mo na i-bburn ay sandali na lang, kse na transcode na sya by encore, yun file already (ready for dvd). mga susunod na disc took me 15 mins i think. i use a DVD-R 4x media.

Offline vimperial

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Aug 01, 2004 at 06:27 AM »
The new sw of Winfast TV2000XP can convert directly to MPEG2.  Yung 1 hour na high quality setting (720x480 ata) consumes 5.0GB.  Ang pinagtataka ko lang when I am trying to burn it na in DVD-R, ang tagal ng conversion.  It took me 5 hours.  Parang nag rerecode nya yung buong 5.0GB na file. 

BTW, I don't have a powerful machine, here is my setup

P4 1.7
40MB hard disk
Leadtek Winfast 2000XP RM edition
64MB Gforce 200 (tama ba ang spelling ko)

Tomorrow, I will upgrade my setup to P4 2.2 with 500 FSB board.  Yung luma ko kasi can only accomodate lower bus rate.  I told my supplier that I am not satisfied with the capture card so I am returning it.  (kilala ko yung may-ari kaya may option akong gawin yun... ;D)

Anong software ang ginagamit nyo to burn, I am using Nero 6.0 kaso walang option ng DVD dun.  But I saw in the website pwede.  Ang pwede ko lang gawin ay miniDvd.

Offline boss_onie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Aug 05, 2004 at 06:12 PM »
hi vimperial,

I think, yun nangyari sayo is, kinailangan pa nyang i re-encode into lower mpg2 compression lahat, para magkasya sa DVD. which is 4.7Gb, It happens to me, when i used encore dvd, sumobra ako sa size ng disc, kaya nag re-encode sya. kaya dapat, pag magcocompile tayo, a 4.2 G compilation would be safe.

Just a thought.

Offline joeyrodil

• Collector
  • Hi to everyone!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Aug 07, 2004 at 06:52 PM »
in my experience, capturing in real time for MPEG2 with ATI took me with the time to play the VHS/VHS-C or Betamax using composite connector

and another 3 - 4 hours encoding and burning to DVD using Ulead VideoStudio or Adobe

for V8, Hi-8, Digital 8 and MiniDV DVD conversion i capture using firewire since ATI All in Wonder 8500 DV has a firewire connector para wala loss sa Video and Audio kung nag-ca-capture kahit windows movie maker lang pede na

« Last Edit: Aug 07, 2004 at 06:53 PM by joeyrodil »

Offline boss_onie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Aug 09, 2004 at 04:08 PM »
hi joey,

as in no drop frames? capturing from a composite? Malakas siguro yun machine mo, or you have a hardware base encoder?

Thank you

Offline joeyrodil

• Collector
  • Hi to everyone!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Aug 10, 2004 at 12:34 AM »
hi joey,

as in no drop frames? capturing from a composite? Malakas siguro yun machine mo, or you have a hardware base encoder?

Thank you

malaki cguro ang role pag Ultra SCSI 160 controller and 15K rpm na harddisk na gamit and ATI all in Wonder 8500 DV ang capture card

pag firewire pa nga lalong walang drop frames, i can even do Internet while capturing pag firewire ang conversion :)

Another style (yun nga lang medyo complicated) is to connect the composite cable from the line out of the VHS to the Line in of Digital 8 and connect the firewire as the Video IN sa PC, sure ball yun walang loss ang capture mo :)

Offline boss_onie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Aug 11, 2004 at 11:22 PM »
WOW=) kaya naman pala eh, btw joey, are you using it as business? whats your CPU specs? i am planning on upgrading to p4 2.8E prescott edition. and a SATA 160. for sure, this will solve my problem in drop frames. for now, one sata, then to follow na lang yun pang raid. i am planning on building a raid 0 SATA 160Gb(x2)

Then, next, ipong for a camera.. btw, what camera do you own?
thanks

Offline joeyrodil

• Collector
  • Hi to everyone!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Aug 19, 2004 at 10:39 PM »
WOW=) kaya naman pala eh, btw joey, are you using it as business? whats your CPU specs? i am planning on upgrading to p4 2.8E prescott edition. and a SATA 160. for sure, this will solve my problem in drop frames. for now, one sata, then to follow na lang yun pang raid. i am planning on building a raid 0 SATA 160Gb(x2)

Then, next, ipong for a camera.. btw, what camera do you own?
thanks
just part time home business, pag kulang sweldo ko sa fulltime, dito ko na inaasa dami kasi demands eh he he he

4 Pentium4 CPU 3 hyperthreading, 2 Prescott 3.0E, 1 2.8CGHZ  1 2.53GHz all 512MB DDR RAM, ASUS Board, couple of 200GB and 160GB, with Raid 0,  all booting at ULTRA SCSI 160 controller and all with ATI all in Wonder Cards, trusted ko na yung ATI sa USA ko nakuha sa EBAY wala nagbebenta dito ng ATI all in Wonder eh

2 P3s for burning and surfing

Camera ko just an ordinary Sony 3.34 DSCP1 -just using for personal digital photos

Offline vinnov4

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Aug 19, 2004 at 11:33 PM »
Im also using leadtek winfast tv 2000 yung xp deluxe edition. Kahit nung duron 1.2 ghz pa ang rig ko wala ako naencounter na dropframes capturing from cable vcd or svcd format using the packaged winfast pvr. Pati yung ulead videostudio nagamit ko na pangcapture no drop frames from any analog/composite source. Pero pag dvd meron na konti pag yung nakarekta yung videocam sa tuner pero pag sa cable no problems.

Offline boss_onie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Aug 20, 2004 at 12:02 AM »
huhm, good for you. Nung sa aken kse nuon, pag capture talaga ako in dvd format, super delayed na yun pag capture ko, nde na sya real time. btw, anu na specs mo ngayon?

Offline Rivalz

• Collector
  • Music is life!
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Sep 17, 2004 at 07:34 PM »
Mga sir konting assistance naman po any recommendations for a set up from scratch as I am in need of a set up to do some editing work on material from Digital 8.  Editing may also include adding text like sub-titling work.  Help Help pls.

Many thanks!
"God brings men to deep waters not to drown but to cleanse them"

Offline boss_onie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Sep 18, 2004 at 09:57 AM »
Hi rivalz,

This is how my setup looks like. i believe to be the cheapest target for video editing machine.

Processor: 2.8 E prescott HT ready. 1mb cache (go for a 1mb cache, compare to just 512kb cache, price difference of less than P500 only

Motherboard: MSI (intel 865PE chipset), look for a firewire interface (don't forget) . raid support much better for future used.
Harddisk: 120 SATA seagate (maxtor i recommend). Planning to buy another 120G. Once maka ipon na ulet.
Memory: 512 geil dual DDR kit (2pcs 256mb)

There ya go.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Collector
  • baby bubuyog
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Oct 29, 2004 at 01:45 PM »
I'm planning to get the Leadtek Winfast soon. How is it as a PVR? I really want to record shows which I miss when I'm out of the house or already asleep (e.g. Conan O' Brien, Survivor) Bad trip kasi at wala tayong Tivo dito sa Pinas e  ;D

Offline boss_onie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Nov 01, 2004 at 05:21 PM »

Hi,

Okay naman syang PVR, you can set the time and the codecs you want to choose.  Its video and sound quality is excellent. This tuner is ready for a high definition input, yun nga lang, yung mga cable providers dito sa aten does'nt support yet High definition.

It is worth the price.