Author Topic: Kyle XY  (Read 2210 times)

Offline Huddaf

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
Kyle XY
« on: Jan 17, 2009 at 05:18 AM »
Kyle XY is an American drama television series filmed in the Vancouver, British Columbia area. The show centers around a boy named Kyle (Matt Dallas), who wakes up in the forest outside of Seattle, Washington with no memory of his life up to that point. The series follows Kyle as he tries to understand the mysteries of who he is and why he has no memory of being a child. He is sometimes shown with his shirt partially off and no belly button can be seen.

The show premiered June 26, 2006 on the ABC Family network. Episodes were also broadcast on ABC the first season, but only for part of the second season, after which it could only be seen on ABC Family. After a 10-episode debut season on ABC Family during Summer 2006, news reported a total of 23 new episodes were ordered for the second season, which started on June 11, 2007, with rebroadcasts on ABC beginning on June 15, 2007.[1] The second season’s 13th episode, “Leap of Faith”, aired on Monday, September 3, 2007; the remaining 10 began airing on January 12, 2008. The German version was aired December 8, 2007. [2] The show started its second season in the UK on Monday, September 3, 2007, and on April 5, the first season was broadcasted in France on M6. On October 5, 2007, TV Guide reported that ABC family has renewed Kyle XY for a third season of 10 episodes, which began airing on January 12, 2009.

Season 3 resumed this week! He's my avatar!  :)

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Kyle XY
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2009 at 07:05 PM »
Kyle XY is an American drama television series filmed in the Vancouver, British Columbia area. The show centers around a boy named Kyle (Matt Dallas), who wakes up in the forest outside of Seattle, Washington with no memory of his life up to that point. The series follows Kyle as he tries to understand the mysteries of who he is and why he has no memory of being a child. He is sometimes shown with his shirt partially off and no belly button can be seen.

The show premiered June 26, 2006 on the ABC Family network. Episodes were also broadcast on ABC the first season, but only for part of the second season, after which it could only be seen on ABC Family. After a 10-episode debut season on ABC Family during Summer 2006, news reported a total of 23 new episodes were ordered for the second season, which started on June 11, 2007, with rebroadcasts on ABC beginning on June 15, 2007.[1] The second season’s 13th episode, “Leap of Faith”, aired on Monday, September 3, 2007; the remaining 10 began airing on January 12, 2008. The German version was aired December 8, 2007. [2] The show started its second season in the UK on Monday, September 3, 2007, and on April 5, the first season was broadcasted in France on M6. On October 5, 2007, TV Guide reported that ABC family has renewed Kyle XY for a third season of 10 episodes, which began airing on January 12, 2009.

Season 3 resumed this week! He's my avatar!  :)

Hey Huddaf. Yes, noticed your avatar. Nice. :) I wasn't able to watch KYLE XY in its first airings and it was only on DVD that I was able to watch this great show. Intriguing and very family-oriented. A watchable family/sci-fi drama. By the way, when and where will the Season 3 be shown?

Here's his very last mind thoughts on the last season.

“There's a reason why people say we shouldn't expect too much, no one wants to see someone they care about end up disappointed. We instinctively act to protect our own from being hurt, and do what we can to make the right choices for people we love. But the reason we have expectations in the first place, is because we want to aim as high as we can. Because when you love someone, there's no limit to what you can accomplish.” - Kyle Trager ;)

Offline Huddaf

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2009 at 11:49 PM »
Season 3 started last week. 2nd episode of season 3 comes out this week.  ;)

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 01:36 AM »
Season 3 started last week. 2nd episode of season 3 comes out this week.  ;)

Every when and where Huddaf? Haven't been watching Studio 23 for a long time  but the last time I checked, it says 'Soon on Studio 23'.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 02:48 AM »
       Every when and where Huddaf? Haven't been watching Studio 23 for a long time  but the last time I checked, it says 'Soon on Studio 23'.

it hasn't started at Studio 23 yet.. I believe Huddaf is referring to torrents..

Offline Huddaf

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 01:26 PM »
it hasn't started at Studio 23 yet.. I believe Huddaf is referring to torrents..

Yup, thats right. I think studio 23 is planning on launching it late this month.

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 02:36 AM »

I see. Thanks boredfilmaker. Appreciate it.:) I thought Studio 23 began airing it.

Yup, thats right. I think studio 23 is planning on launching it late this month.

Thanks Huddaf.

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2009 at 02:55 AM »

Nice. The season 3 starts tonight at 8pm, Studio 23. :)

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #8 on: Feb 03, 2009 at 07:53 PM »
And another show bites the dust--Kyle XY has been cancelled by ABC; the 10-episode third season will be its last.

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Feb 04, 2009 at 12:22 AM »

This show really had some rough sailing from the very beginning. The only consolation for fans to say the least would be buying its DVDs and re-watch how it all started. For me the best scenes are not about his struggles of finding his true self but how he interacts with the Tragers.

Offline Huddaf

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Feb 04, 2009 at 07:24 AM »
And another show bites the dust--Kyle XY has been cancelled by ABC; the 10-episode third season will be its last.

This show has lost its potential being gone for a long time. First two season was very good. Haay, time to look for another one.  ;)

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Feb 11, 2009 at 10:16 PM »

Quite a funny episode tonight just like this season's opener. Jesse always gets and sends the wrong messages to anyone. Poor girl.

Followers can't but help count the 7 remaining episodes of this watchable show. :( Had me worry the show will end up rushed due to 'abrupt' cancellation. Hopefully, the finale will be satisfying.

Offline Huddaf

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Feb 15, 2009 at 09:44 PM »
Same here. Somehow the same could be said to Kyle, attracting trouble more often than not.  ;)

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Feb 26, 2009 at 03:27 AM »

KYLE XY EPISODE 5: LIFE SUPPORT

Great episode last night. There's the usual comic tension between Lori and Jessi resulting in a ripped shirt but this particular episode's plot stands out among other Kyle chapters. Within 45 minutes, viewers get to witness the birth of a new life and one's family falling apart due to accident. It's been done many times before but this one's very effective. Both heart-tugging and heartbreaking. Too bad only 5 episodes left. :(

« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2009 at 03:31 AM by thegoodbyeguy »

Offline Huddaf

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Feb 26, 2009 at 03:35 AM »
Not to spoil anyone but the next episode will be a lot more interesting. Making use of his assets. Watch out for it.  ;)

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Feb 26, 2009 at 03:53 AM »
Not to spoil anyone but the next episode will be a lot more interesting. Making use of his assets. Watch out for it.  ;)

Yes, I've been reading the show's upcoming premise via Wiki and careful enough not to read some unintentional spoilers.

BY THE WAY, saw this online and opted to post this rather wacky side of Kyle and Trager siblings doing the iconic 'See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil' thing. Reminds me so much of Heston's PLANET OF THE APES Simeon court scene.

« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2009 at 01:51 PM by thegoodbyeguy »

Offline Huddaf

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Feb 26, 2009 at 10:00 PM »
Hehehe that looks like it was taken way back in its first season. I dont recall seeing this on the series itself. Kyle's built was not as big as it is now.  :)

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 02:54 AM »
Hehehe that looks like it was taken way back in its first season. I dont recall seeing this on the series itself. Kyle's built was not as big as it is now.  :)

Yes, Probably. You may want to click here to see the source. Dated though.