Author Topic: whats you favorite cartoon show noong 80's and 90's?  (Read 27495 times)

Offline kakashi

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: whats you favorite cartoon show noong 80's and 90's?
« Reply #90 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 01:42 PM »
hahaha its

Fenton Crackshell - accountant na nagiging gizmoduck  ;)

researched it just now in wiki, hehehe  ;D

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 02:00 PM »

Click here for '80'S CARTOON GALORE!

My all-time favorite cartoon show is HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE by Filmation. THE REAL GHOSTBUSTERS comes next. Sometimes I do watch SHE-RA PRINCESS OF POWER back then for obvious reason. I liked it when He-man crossover to Etheria and vice versa to Eternia. For some reason, I don't quite like THUNDERCATS. The rest are from the '70's. Does anyone even remember SHIRT TALES?

Offline bunnygod

• Trade Count: (+155)
  • DVD Guru
  • lay down thy raincoat and groove!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 27
« Reply #92 on: Feb 28, 2009 at 01:32 AM »
superfriends - with hal jordan as green lantern
blackstar
from start to finish, i was proud to fall...

Offline deweyfinn

• DVD Guru
  • ...still kickin' arse....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #93 on: Feb 28, 2009 at 02:33 PM »
superfriends - with hal jordan as green lantern
blackstar

Yeah, Superfriends...who couldn't forget Wendy, Marvin & Wonderdog!!!
(btw, Wendy & Marvin are employed at Titans Tower in the current Teen Titans continuity)

Did you know that Blackstar was originally intended to be an African-American?

Offline chuck427

• DVD Guru
  • Bluray=103 PS3=12 DVD=139
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Mar 01, 2009 at 08:09 AM »
parang naalala ko din yang ulysses. i think he was looking for something coz he was banned by zeus.

Bravestarr

there was also a show i liked but i can't remember the title. naalala ko lang nasa space sila and guitars yung weapons nila. para silang band

I cant believe i forgot Bravestarr....really loved this as well...especially his horse..forgot his name though

i think your referring to Silverhawks..but im not sure since only 1 of the team carried a guitar (Bluegrass)..aside from that, cant think of any other cartoon using guitars..unless it was guitars for JEM.. ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 01, 2009 at 08:10 AM by chuck427 »
Tosh46FHD,Denon1905,BDP1000,PS3,Wii,XBOX360,PhillipsUPDVD,Wharf

Offline ramsey

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #95 on: Mar 01, 2009 at 02:26 PM »
Smurfs
Bugs Bunny
He-Man
Voltes V

Offline pao625™

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #96 on: Mar 02, 2009 at 01:34 AM »
transformers G1!!!!  ;D

GI joe
thundercats
voltes V
daimos
voltron - lion version only
macross/robotech
saber rider
transformers power masters - its the jap version kung saan pangalan ni prime ay "jinrai"
transformers (v version ata) hindi si prime un bida si victory leo - tapos si prime aka convoy - e general lang ata
robotech gen 2 - si dana sterling un bida, un may hovertanks
robotech gen 3 - si scott bernard un bida against the invid, un may alpha at beta fighters

there's this cartoon show on channel 9 that i watch alot din, un tigersharks ata un, un lahat sila humanoid sharks tapos un submarine nila isang malaking shark

anybody remember jason and the w*** i forgot the name, there's also

captain power and the warriors of the future
thundersub
visionaries
he-man
mask
dinoriders
and yes dinosaucers too

and of course the start of popular anime's on local tv's with
ghost fighter (yuu yuu hakusho) and
dragon ball z (na hindi matapos tapos un story sa channel 9 - inabot pa ng ilang taon at paglipat sa channel 7 para lang matapos) hehehe  :P

there's just too many!!!!  ;D

oh, and yeah, during the early days we didnt have cable to i was forced to watch girlie cartoons such as carebears and rainbow bright, along with smurfs and many many more to kill time waiting for the boy cartoons to air  :o

same po kay sir kakashi... additional n lng:

1. glow worms
2. legend of zelda (kasama sa super mario bros)
3. captain N (kasama sa super mario bros din, remember him? cia un may controller ng famicom sa belt buckle. :D)

Offline kakashi

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Mar 02, 2009 at 01:01 PM »

1. glow worms
3. captain N (kasama sa super mario bros din, remember him? cia un may controller ng famicom sa belt buckle. :D)

hahaha, oo i remember the cartoon well, tapos may human counterparts pa si mario luigi and princess toadstool (tama ba?)

i even showed the old videos to my kid bro kase when i was playing zelda on the n64 and gamecube, he always imagined how nice it would be to have a cartoon version of the franchise, tapos yun i showed him the video, i think its still in youtube  ;)

does anyone remember the cartoon that aired with visionaries, im not sure if i remember it correctly but i think the title's "inhumanoids" something like that  :D

Offline chuck427

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Mar 02, 2009 at 01:04 PM »

1. glow worms

I wonder if meron pa nag sell ng dvd sa Legend of Zelda...

Offline pao625™

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Mar 02, 2009 at 04:40 PM »
hahaha, oo i remember the cartoon well, tapos may human counterparts pa si mario luigi and princess toadstool (tama ba?)

i even showed the old videos to my kid bro kase when i was playing zelda on the n64 and gamecube, he always imagined how nice it would be to have a cartoon version of the franchise, tapos yun i showed him the video, i think its still in youtube  ;)

yup, that is the one! hahaha...

I wonder if meron pa nag sell ng dvd sa Legend of Zelda...

i hope myron... i really miss watching those cartoons. ;D i even have my beta max of he-man: masters of the universe... i couldn't watch it though. :(

Offline kakashi

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Mar 03, 2009 at 12:23 PM »
i think they do...  or hope hehehe  :D

when i was dvd shopping in singapore last year i noticed they have a lot of dvd's of the old cartoons e, don't know lang if they're bootlegs or not (iba iba packaging e, pero they're on stores and not on tiange's or anything) hmmm

or you can search for torrents  8)

thats how i downloaded all the powermaster transformers episodes  ;D

so am i the only one here who've watched girlie cartoons such as rainbow bright and smurfs to pass time?  :o

there's this pony show too that i cant remember well, it aired on channel 9 back in the day, something like prancing or my little pony, hehehe  ;D

Offline chuck427

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Mar 03, 2009 at 01:10 PM »
Yup, got some jack sparrows of some cartoons..but nothing beats orig,  ;D ;D ;D

My Little Pony i think is what your referring too..same makers from GI JOE and Transformers

I actually watched Smurfs also..She-Ra when i was alone...and Jem when i had nothing else to watch,  ;D ;D ;D ;D

been trying to get a copy of Exo Squad...loved that series

there was also this cartoon that had mech robots...the alien invaders had this attack mode that would make thier view like 3d or something..anybody know what that was? 90's yata yun..on "I" channel sa Sky cable...

Offline kakashi

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Mar 03, 2009 at 01:37 PM »
hmmm, mightve watched that too sa i channel back then, but i cant seem to point my finger at it to figure out the title, hehehe  :D

any of you remember beetlejuice from the i channel? i used to watch that a lot too  8)

and there's this other cartoon na teenage guy un bida (tmnt pa pala  8)) tapos puro siya robots, and his robots would eventually combine to form a bgger one pero meron din siya individual robots, it was fun kase pag action scenes parang umiikot un buong screen, i cant remember the title too, pero basta puro lang siya robots, hehehe  ;D

Offline halvert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 470
« Reply #103 on: Mar 03, 2009 at 02:07 PM »
i loved watching cartoons on channel 9's Saturday fun machine especially Superfriends. i also loved transformers, gi joe, etc. but when i bought the dvd of superfriends, ang corny nya pala! ;D my childhood memories were much more awesome! also Superbook and Flying house vcds are now available locally for P150 yata.

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Mar 03, 2009 at 02:10 PM »
when i was dvd shopping in singapore last year i noticed they have a lot of dvd's of the old cartoons e, don't know lang if they're bootlegs or not (iba iba packaging e, pero they're on stores and not on tiange's or anything) hmmm

so am i the only one here who've watched girlie cartoons such as rainbow bright and smurfs to pass time?  :o

I also saw numerous different dvd packaging of anime and non-animes in Singapore that can be easily mistaken as jack sparrow editions. They're not. Although it looks like one. Singapore are very keen when it comes to selling original brands (DVDs, etc.) especialy in legitimate stores and malls.

SHE-RA is a girlie 'toon but I do watch them back then kakashi. I also watch Smurfs, Shirt Tales and Care Bears that gear towards the younger set and not particularly for girls only.

Offline pao625™

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: Mar 03, 2009 at 02:26 PM »
i was able to download the complete takara transformers saga (head masters, victory, and another one, i forgot the title) hehe...

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Mar 03, 2009 at 02:28 PM »
I actually watched Smurfs also..She-Ra when i was alone...and Jem when i had nothing else to watch,  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bakit naman alone chuck427, hehe? ;D

i loved watching cartoons on channel 9's Saturday fun machine especially Superfriends. i also loved transformers, gi joe, etc. but when i bought the dvd of superfriends, ang corny nya pala! ;D my childhood memories were much more awesome! also Superbook and Flying house vcds are now available locally for P150 yata.

Pero cool pa rin mapanood uli halvert, hehe. Very crude animation but still it works during our younger years. :)

Superbook and The Flying House were really great cartoons back then. ;)

« Last Edit: Mar 03, 2009 at 02:29 PM by thegoodbyeguy »

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2606
« Reply #107 on: Mar 03, 2009 at 02:34 PM »
anyone remember "paul in fantasy land"?
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline kakashi

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Mar 03, 2009 at 04:10 PM »
this just hit me, anyone here watched the jap drama anime that abs used to air?

cedie
princess sarah
dog of flanders

???  ;D

these were aired mid 90's ata, i think it was summer after grade 5, then when everyone went back to school during grade 6, no one really had it in them to start discussing how they watched the shows during the summer break, but when someone broke the ice, everyone eventually started discussing the cartoons - hahaha  ;D

shows us how young boys didnt like admitting watching "girlie" toons until the majority talks about them hehehe

Offline simonzaide

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • "anything is possible"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #109 on: Mar 03, 2009 at 04:14 PM »
street forgs and tiger sharks

also silver hawks

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #110 on: Mar 03, 2009 at 04:16 PM »

cedie

My brother (a baby back then) was nicknamed Edeng, after Cedie.

Offline pao625™

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Mar 03, 2009 at 06:59 PM »

cedie
princess sarah
dog of flanders

???  ;D

these were aired mid 90's ata, i think it was summer after grade 5, then when everyone went back to school during grade 6, no one really had it in them to start discussing how they watched the shows during the summer break, but when someone broke the ice, everyone eventually started discussing the cartoons - hahaha  ;D

shows us how young boys didnt like admitting watching "girlie" toons until the majority talks about them hehehe

i watched those! ;D especially, dog of flanders! c nelo b un? tpos un aso nia c patrash? ;D ;D ;D

Offline taurus_cute

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Mar 03, 2009 at 11:23 PM »
THE ULTRA-BEST cartoons of them all is MARVEL SUPERHEROES, shown between the years 1981 to 1983 on Channel 9. This program whose episodes are alternated by Marvel's main superheroes was made in 1968 or '69, and consists, partly, of animation cells & panels which were directly culled from the original comic books of the 1960s. Thus the stories are like motion-filled comic books whose original artists are folks like Jack Kirby, John Romita, and plotted by Stan Lee himself. I get orgasmic joys from seeing it on TV after school because at that time, imported comics are quite rare and if available would costs around P4.00 - a fortune for a 12-year old kid growing up 28 years ago. "When Captain America lost his mighty shield..." as the song goes.....

Offline deweyfinn

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Mar 04, 2009 at 01:36 AM »

cedie
princess sarah
dog of flanders

???  ;D

Yeah..."girlie" toons aka shoujo anime.

Btw...if you used to follow Heidi (which ABS & QTV once carried) you might be interested to know that Hayao Miyazaki was once involved with that said series.

Offline pao625™

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Mar 04, 2009 at 02:39 AM »
additional pa pla!

G-Force! :D

Offline deweyfinn

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Mar 04, 2009 at 04:18 AM »
additional pa pla!

G-Force! :D

G-Force (not to be confused with the upcoming Jerry Bruckheimer/Disney-produced CGI feature) pka Battle of the Planets aka Gatchaman: Hero TV recently re-aired the original Japanese 1973-4 series (from which BotP was based on).  Now you know what you may have missed when you once followed BotP regularly back then (though the absence of 7-Zark-7 and 1-Rover-1 are most welcome!!!).  The original Gatchaman series also featured the artistic contributions of Yocrapaka Amano, best known for his work with the Final Fantasy games.

Though there is a CGI-animated film being developed by the makers of the TMNT & the upcoming Astroboy films, I'd like to see a live-action version (to be directed, sana naman, by a Japanese - DGA card-holders are all clueless when it comes to handling Jap anime titles with any reverence) with the ff. Hollywood actors in the cast:

Anne Hathaway as Jun (BotP: Princess)
Jack Black as Ryu (BotP: Tiny)
Moises Arias (Rico from Hannah Montana) as Jimpei (BotP: Keyop)

Offline gerardhamada

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Mar 04, 2009 at 04:30 AM »
Anyone remember the saturday morning catoons at F.E.N with gummibears as one of my favorite cartoons at that time

Offline chuck427

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: Mar 04, 2009 at 09:04 AM »
there was also this cartoon that had mech robots...the alien invaders had this attack mode that would make thier view like 3d or something..anybody know what that was? 90's yata yun..on "I" channel sa Sky cable...

finally found what this was... Battletech: The animated series... i loved this show...too bad it just ran for 13 episodes... wonder if there is a dvd out...

Offline darth_rye

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: Mar 04, 2009 at 01:29 PM »
Voltes V All-time Favorite nung 80's

Offline chuck427

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Mar 05, 2009 at 12:17 PM »
For all X-Men (90's) fans, good news..Disney is releasing the series in April on DVD

X-Men, Volume 1 (Marvel Comic Book Collection) - will collect the first 16 episodes
-this should cover the whole 1st season and the 1st 3 episodes of season 2

X-Men, Volume 2 (Marvel Comic Book Collection) - will collect the next 17 episodes
-this should cover the rest of season 2 and season 3 until the Phoenix Saga

I dont know why they just wont release the DVD's per season..but still a definite buy.. ;D ;D ;D