Author Topic: Friday the 13th: Discussions on all releases of all the films!  (Read 7664 times)

Offline ThePatriot

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
from www.thedigitalbits.com:

Friday the 13th: From Crystal Lake to Manhattan - The Ultimate DVD Collection release date: 09/14

Preorder from Amazon :

Friday the 13th - From Crystal Lake to Manhattan (8 Movies) $55.99  (30%), Oct 05.

« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2009 at 12:16 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline ThePatriot

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
from dvd.ign.com:

Friday the 13th Collection Due 10/5
Two movies per disc? Won't be LotR, that's for sure.

June 29, 2004 - After months of rumors, Paramount Home Entertainment has formally announced the Friday The 13th - From Crystal Lake to Manhattan Ultimate DVD Collection for release on October 5. The 5-disc set features all eight Friday The 13th films, two-per-disc, plus a fifth disc of bonus materials. The price is estimated to run around $60.

The first film, Friday The 13th (1980), set the stage for many an '80s horror film that involved a big nasty massacring teenagers. It takes place at Camp Crystal Lake, which had closed years earlier after a young boy named Jason drowned in the lake. The owner decides to re-open the camp and one by one, the counselors are picked off by an unseen killer.

The second film, Friday the 13th - Part 2 (1981) picked up where the last one left off, with the drowning victim, Jason Voorhees, now a mutated adult. He had been living as a hermit, but after witnessing the murder of his mother in the original film, he went on a rampage, killing counselors at the camp.

It pretty much went down hill from there, but that's how it goes.

Special features in the box set include:

Cast commentary on Friday The 13th - Part 3 by author Peter Bracke (from DVDFile) and actors Larry Zerner, Paul Kratka, Dana Kimmell and Richard Brooker.

Commentary on Friday The 13th - Part VI: Jason Lives by director Tom McLouglin.

Commentary on Friday The 13th - Part VII: The New Blood by actor Kane Hodder and director John Carl Buechler.

Commentary on Friday The 13th - Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan by director Rob Hedden.

A featurette Tales From the Cutting Room, in which exclusive deleted scenes and footage is revealed for the first time.

An 8-part featurettes: The Friday The 13th Chronicles, which looks at the legacy of the films throughout their history, featuring cast and crew commenting on each film and why they appeal to audiences. Includes Adrienne King, Amy Steel, Corey Feldman, Kane Hodder, Lar Park Lincoln, Betsy Palmer, Tom Savini and directors Sean Cunningham, Tom McLoughlin, Rob Heddon, Joseph Zito and John Carl Buechler.

A 3-part featurette Secrets Galore Behind The Gore, which looks at the work of master make-up effects designer Tom Savini in Part 1 and Part IV and John Carl Buechler in Part VII. Includes rare and never-before-seen footage, drawings and stills illustrating the make-up techniques used to create Jason and achieve elaborate death scenes.

A featurette Crystal Lake Victims Tell All! in which cast and crew from various films share amusing anecdotes. Includes Corey Feldman, Larry Zerner, Adrienne King, Amy Steel, Lar Park Lincoln and directors.

A featurette Friday Artifacts and Collectibles, which looks at props and collectables from the films.
The theatrical trailers from all 8 movies except Part VI, which is represented by the teaser trailer.

« Last Edit: Jul 05, 2004 at 06:55 AM by ThePatriot »

Offline aikigrappler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • irimi nage
  • Liked:
O my gulay!This is definitely a kick ass boxed set!Although the sequels kinda were so so, nobody can resist the man behind the plastic mask. ;D Hindi ata umabot ng jason x and collection?Now that sequel was great!
It takes a little more persistence to get up and go the distance

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
I actually have all 8 films in original R1, and even re-purchased Part One in R3 since it was the "unrated" edition with a special exclusive featurette, but will buy this set again.

Asar talaga and mga "Special Edition" versions that have many features added. There will always be suckers like me who will pay to have them...  >:(
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline 1ringwd4s

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • One Ring with The Force
  • Liked:
I already have the Nightmare on Elm St Collection Boxset.  I also have Freddy vs Jason DVD.

Ito nalang hinihintay ko! Finally lalabas na rin!  >:D
One Ring with The Force

Offline crezi_munky

• Collector
  • I lived to watch you all die!
  • Liked:

http://www.pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=404.220

i have all 10 dvds of the series...can't wait for this boxset!

Offline ThePatriot

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
another must have ... :) :) :)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
Hindi ata umabot ng jason x ang collection?

After Friday the 13th Part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan, Paramount sold the rights to JASON VOORHEES to New Line Cinema. However, they still hold the copyright to the FRIDAY THE 13TH film name, which is why the last few New Line-produced sequels (Jason Goes to Hell; Jason X; Freddy Vs. Jason) no longer use "Friday the 13th" in their titles.

Offline benny

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
First post modified, added Amazon preorder link.

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
;D  Di ko nabasa ito... Mr Hankey Thanks To You again (no wonder why, collector ka pala nang Jason Films)...

« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2005 at 05:56 AM by xage »
[img width=163 height=49]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/x

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
After Friday the 13th Part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan, Paramount sold the rights to JASON VOORHEES to New Line Cinema. However, they still hold the copyright to the FRIDAY THE 13TH film name, which is why the last few New Line-produced sequels (Jason Goes to Hell; Jason X; Freddy Vs. Jason) no longer use "Friday the 13th" in their titles.
Ah I see...no wonder as I had been asking this question for some time....now I know the reason  :D

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Congrat xage for the complete collection of both Friday 13th & Nightmare on Elm Street!  :D The hokey mask is great looking! Was it came with the DVD or purchased separately, Xage?  :o

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
mga sir, my wife is lacking only the JASON X movie to complete her nightmare on elm st and friday the 13th series, saan kaya available?thanks.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
Di ko nabasa ito... Mr Hankey Thanks To You again (no wonder why, collector ka pala nang Jason Films)...

It's of great sentimental value to me. I currently own quite a number of DVDs, and the movie that actually started me in my "film collecting habit," my very first Betamax tape ever, was the original Friday the 13th.

Kasalanan niya itong kabaliwan kong ito...  ;D

Also, xage, if you really want to be complete, you can get someone to buy you the R3 version of the original film. It's the unrated version, while that in the R1 boxed set is just the R-rated version. You can see the differences in one of the special features that comes with the boxed set. Plus the R3 has a different documentary which is more interesting. More details here.

Addict ba?  ;D
« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2005 at 03:48 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
Also, xage, if you really want to be complete, you can get someone to buy you the R3 version of the original film. It's the unrated version, while that in the R1 boxed set is just the R-rated version. You can see the differences in one of the special features that comes with the boxed set. Plus the R3 has a different documentary which is more interesting. More details

For now,

the red orange DVD here, made me freak out(I did not expect that the said Jason Goes To Hell is an OOP)...as for the region3.. standby for my craving and budget.. while my source in Philippines is scavenging hunt if there is still one available

« Last Edit: Jun 20, 2005 at 10:07 AM by xage »

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
 ;D Finally!... Thanks Mr Hankey for the info.. Naging Hidden Chase for me to get this remaining "UNCUT" version.. Just got a confirmation from my reliable source that its already an aquisition for me.

Also, xage, if you really want to be complete, you can get someone to buy you the R3 version of the original film. It's the unrated version, while that in the R1 boxed set is just the R-rated version. You can see the differences in one of the special features that comes with the boxed set. Plus the R3 has a different documentary which is more interesting. More details

For now,

the red orange DVD here, made me freak out(I did not expect that the said Jason Goes To Hell is an OOP)...as for the region3.. standby for my craving and budget.. while my source in Philippines is scavenging hunt if there is still one available

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
New Line is in talks with horror production company Platinum Dunes to re-launch the "Nightmare on Elm Street" movie series, the franchise that helped establish the studio.

The first "Nightmare" movie was made by Wes Craven and released in 1984. The runaway success of the film spawned a slew of sequels and created one of the most popular villains in screen history, Freddy Krueger, played by Robert Englund.The film centered on Krueger, a serial child killer murdered by angry parents, who returns with a burned face and a razor glove to terrorize teens in their dreams.
A screenwriter will be hired once the Writers Guild of America strike ends. The producers -- Michael Bay, Brad Fuller and Andrew Form -- are hoping to focus part of the new movie on Krueger's backstory.
Platinum Dunes is prepping another re-launch, "Friday the 13th," which will be directed by Marcus Nispel for New Line, for whom it remade "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and its sequel.

The company is remaking "Near Dark" for Rogue and "The Birds" for Universal. It is also prepping a non-remake project, an untitled David Goyer thriller.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
Mr Hankey,

will you be getting the lenticular set re-releases of F13th Parts 1,2 & 3 and  His Name was Jason?

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
I pre-ordered His Name Was Jason last year, when I first heard it was going to be released. Unfortunately, my parallel importer is having customs problems, so he hasn't been able to release any titles in the past three weeks. :(

Nah, no re-order for lenticular for me. Multiple copies of the same title in different packaging is more your game than mine, xage! My house is overflowing in DVDs as it is.  ;D

ETA: Looking at the special features, I just may get these new ones - especially Part 3 since it has FINALLY been released in 3D!

I'm a 3D nut.
« Last Edit: Feb 05, 2009 at 01:22 AM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
xage, are you getting a copy of this?

;D
« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2009 at 04:48 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
 ;D I Just bought it today at Festival Mall

Thanks for the tip

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
You're in town?

For good, or just visiting?

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
You're in town?

For good, or just visiting?

;D just visiting.