Author Topic: Jolida Integrated Tube Amplifiers  (Read 7960 times)

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
Jolida Integrated Tube Amplifiers
« on: Jul 15, 2004 at 02:18 PM »
dedicated to Jolida Tube Amps!

i was intrigued by Superman's Jolida cd player on other threads and asked myself if they also have integrated amps.  voila! they have it in their line.  i was surprised that there were  vacuum tube cd player when i found out a few years ago jolida being the first that introduced me to tubed cd players.

my question is? any owners here? reviews if ever. reputable na kaya jolida tube amps?

thanks

:D

here's the link

http://www.jolida.com/catalogue_tube.html
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline AudioAmp

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Jolida Integrated Tube Amplifiers
« Reply #1 on: Jul 15, 2004 at 04:34 PM »
are there any jolida distributors here in pinas?  just wondering

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #2 on: Jul 16, 2004 at 08:23 AM »
you may want to ask sonny tuazon of the home theater...i'm sure he may be able to help you...thanks! 8)
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline old_age

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Addict
  • "keep off the grass especially when wet"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2005 at 03:11 PM »
so where are the proud owners of jolida integrated tube amps here?  please share your sound review of this wonderful product.  watt hifi i think has two models the 202 and 707.  sonny's the home theater also has the 202s, i believe sonny and watt hifi are the only dealers of jolida.

heard the 202s with the stock tubes, paired with a nad 521 cd player i guess (on top of the squash ball platform), meadowlark floorstanders (88db i guess), xlo/pro 650 speaker wire (using the same wire as jumpers), and audience silver interconnect and an expensive powercord that i dont know the brand.  warm up time is about 15 min. only when we listened.  tried with fourplay's elixir cd, sound is very dynamic and detailed, bass is accurate and deep but personally i find the sound like an ss amp, but that's me.

you may want to check it out at watt hifi.  guys there are very accommodating especially elmo.
La Germania Single Burner
Panasonic Washing Machine
Hanabishi Floorstanding Electric Fan

Offline whipsaw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2006 at 03:54 PM »
Am using a Jolida 707A to power my B&W 802 floorstanders (pre nautilus). Warmup time is about 15 to 20 minutes. Am very satisfied with the sound as it is not too forward or harsh. See I tried it with another tube amp and it sounded harsh and tiring. Great for vocals and standards, but seemed to have slight difficulty playing classical music like Wagner.  Gotta love the Jolida's very BALANCED representation.

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2006 at 03:58 PM »
hi! only saw this thread now...let me say that i'm a jolida supporter...i have a jolida tube integrated amp and a jolida tube CDP...excellent bang for your buck...i will post a review this weekend...thanks!
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline whipsaw

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2006 at 04:06 PM »
hey superman.

I have 2 sets of the tubes for the Jolida 707A. One is el34, and the other I forget though, is the stock that comes with it. My machine has been set by a friend and co-member to run on the el-34s. Would you recommend another set for this? I am thinking when my el34's go to tube heaven, I could try something new, or better.

many thanks

whipsaw

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2006 at 04:09 PM »
what brand of EL-34s are you using?? bro, those tubes will "die" probably 8-10 years from now so no worries...i'm OK with svetlana EL-34s or even the winged C version...but i'm trying to source for siemens and telefunken...thanks! :)

Offline whipsaw

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 2006 at 04:24 PM »
Supes,

So sorry I seem to have forgotten. I shall check later tonight. Did you change yours too? And so you ditched the ones that came with the unit? Maybe I can sell mine.

Cheers

Whipsaw

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jan 12, 2006 at 04:26 PM »
mine came with a matched quad of svetlana EL-34 tubes...what i tube-rolled are the driver tubes (12AX& and 12AT7), thanks! :)

Offline whipsaw

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jan 12, 2006 at 04:37 PM »
Supes,

Will tell you what my other quad are and ask you more tom. Appreciate your prompt response and eagerness to help.

whipsaw

Offline whipsaw

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jan 13, 2006 at 03:09 PM »
Hi new age...

You mentioned that it sounds somewhat like a solid state amp. Yes, I noticed the same as well on my 707A. There is clearly detail and the bass is very engaging to listen to, but i do not get the same warmth that i would otherwise hear from other amps. I was starting to think it was the 802s, but now that you mentioned it, you might have hit it there. To me, it sounds like a tube pre amp running with a solid state power amp. Now i have no problem with the sound as I simply love it. I am lucky to be someone looking for a peculiar sound and i feel i might have found it in mine. But i am hoping that perhaps in the future, when I grow tired of it, i can use new tubes that might alter the sound noticeably - such as the 5881 that odontek recommended.

Superman, does your amp sound a bit the way we described it man?

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jan 13, 2006 at 05:17 PM »
whip, nope...probably it's the tubes...plus the upgrades done in the amp...thanks! :)
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2006 at 05:19 PM by Superman »

Offline whipsaw

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jan 15, 2006 at 02:31 AM »
I would like to purchase a quad of KT-66 or 5881 tubes for my Jolida. Hope someone
can help me source a set.

Many thanks

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jan 15, 2006 at 08:54 AM »
hi whipsaw...the 5881 tubes i believe are the same as 6L6 tubes...my suggestion is you get a svetlana...it's available at archi audio...as for the KT-66, i PM-ed you, thanks!

superman

Offline eXg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Deserve the Best!
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Jan 16, 2006 at 05:31 AM »
KT66, 5881 and other 6L6 variants are not perfectly identical.  just make sure your amp can take them all types.  closest 5881-6L6.

<post corrected>
« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2006 at 12:13 PM by eXg »

Offline whipsaw

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Jan 16, 2006 at 09:47 AM »
thank you exg. i might just get the 5881. will tell you how it changes the sound on my amp. i read that the 5881 is close enough for me to try on the 707A without worrying about it. teh kt-66 may need some testing i understand.

Offline eXg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Deserve the Best!
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Jan 16, 2006 at 09:03 PM »
based on this, your amp is really meant for 5881. 

http://www.jolida.com/catalogue/models/jd707a.shtml

6p3p i think is the russian equivalent/designation.  confirm that 6P3P = 6L6, then it's okay to use those as well.

here are the 6L6 variants you may consider for your amp.  but i suggest you check with your manufacturer before doing so, esp Kt66 and EL37.  They require more heater current.

http://www.vacuumtubes.com/6l6.html
« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2006 at 09:03 PM by eXg »

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Jan 17, 2006 at 10:48 AM »
agree with ExG...while there is an equivalent tube, check first if OK to substitute...it's not as simple as a 12ax7 replaced by a 5751 (although lower gain)...thanks!

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Jan 17, 2006 at 10:51 AM »
you have a "pogi" amp pala:

thanks! got your text last night! CONGRATS! :D

Offline whipsaw

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Jan 17, 2006 at 04:31 PM »
thanks superman, thanks exg

yes, i am reading up a lot now to learn how to tweak these things. yeah i love the way the amp looks. frankly, that kinda got into the decision making process too. got seduced by it.

now i know what my tubes are. they are SED (winged C) from russia and from some things i have read, they are apparently very good tubes. to think i was about to change them without even checking the bias. very impulsive of me.

good thing you guys knocked some sense in me.

cheers

whipsaw

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Jan 17, 2006 at 05:11 PM »
whew, good thing you checked them...svets are very good tubes, of course the NOS ones (most of the time, IMHO) are better...but enjoy the SEDS muna, then if sawa ka na then that's the time to upgrade to NOS, thanks! :)

Offline Voltraizer

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Jan 31, 2006 at 05:12 PM »
I'm also a fan of Jolida products.  ;)
I currently own the Jolida JD300B. The peanut tube I used are 2 x  stock Sovtek 12AX7LPS . [You'll be surprised by the performance of these tubes I tell you, snobbed by most audiophiles!] 2 x 12AU7 {This I change to NOS Sylvania}. The 2 300B are stock Jolida . These are expensive to tube-roll but these chinese 300B are warm sounding!!!
Speakers: Of course, Not avante-garde.  Ultimate Hi-end price. I just  use my old celestion 5, 8-ohms 89db speakers as of the moment but I think they match very well.
Reviews:
 http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/viewpoint/0105/joeaudiophile5.htm

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue23/ces06dc5.htm

www.6moons.com/audioreviews/jolida2/300b.html
« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2006 at 12:41 PM by Voltes_5 »
technics sl1200ltd gold,,Passlabs X250.5,dynaudio C1, rogue  super99,charisma audio ref1 mc 

Offline cramps64

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Feb 01, 2006 at 12:57 AM »
hey guys, anyone of you ever heard of jolida's music envoy? this is one fine 200 watts mono blocks. eveything you'll need is here (power and detail). call elmo barba (09215678600) - i think he's got 2 new units in stock. comes with the music envoy tube preamp with built in phono stage. these babies can really drive speakers of all sizes. he's even got some affordable jolida amps like the 202 (el34's) and the 502 (kt88's) and the new jd100s (4 tubes) cd player.