Author Topic: WWE: WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT!  (Read 282947 times)

Offline coco_men182

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: WWE: WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT!
« Reply #30 on: Apr 18, 2005 at 03:40 PM »
I don't know where else to ask, but it's been bugging me lately that Wrestlemania 21 will be shown this Thursday, which means that it'll be shown the day before the supposed Smackdown episode before Wrestlemania.

Anyone get my drift? It should be Raw then Smackdown then Wrestlemania. But it appears that it'll be Raw-Wrestlemania-Smackdown. Any word on Smackdown possibly being bumped a couple of days earlier? Maybe they'll have a Raw/Smackdown double-header this Wednesday? Thanks.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #31 on: Apr 21, 2005 at 07:29 PM »
That was bugging me too. Apparently, USA channel did a RAW-Smackdown double header yesterday. So they're right on track for Wrestlemania 21 -- which is 30 minutes from now!!

Offline coco_men182

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Apr 23, 2005 at 10:21 AM »
The double header was a great idea, so last night I was expecting that they'd just replay the Smackdown episode they aired on Wednesday night. I just watched stupid TNA instead, but when I turned to USA, I was surprised to see that they were airing a new Smackdown episode, and I missed the first full hour of it (not that it matters that much, because Kurt Angle is the only good thing about their brand). Now I'm really confused as to how they'll resolve this scheduling problem.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • baby bubuyog
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Apr 23, 2005 at 06:03 PM »
My comment on Wrestlemania XXI

A sumo match between Big Show and Akebono... WTF!?!

Offline Gideon

• DVD Addict
  • Galactic Bowler
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Apr 24, 2005 at 01:30 AM »
This will be one of the best Wrestlemania ever.
Begin 2 Imagine
[img]http://http://i3

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Apr 24, 2005 at 07:59 PM »
The double header was a great idea, so last night I was expecting that they'd just replay the Smackdown episode they aired on Wednesday night. I just watched stupid TNA instead, but when I turned to USA, I was surprised to see that they were airing a new Smackdown episode, and I missed the first full hour of it (not that it matters that much, because Kurt Angle is the only good thing about their brand). Now I'm really confused as to how they'll resolve this scheduling problem.

I was thinking the same thing. With USA airing that Smackdown episode, they're now ahead of RAW by one episode. The only way I can think of to make this work is if they air back-to-back episodes of RAW on Wednesday. They already did that once when USA had technical problems while airing the Wednesday RAW. What they did was air back-to-back RAW shows during the Saturday replay.

By the way, where do you watch TNA?

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Apr 24, 2005 at 08:03 PM »
My comment on Wrestlemania XXI

A sumo match between Big Show and Akebono... WTF!?!

That was one of the lousiest "gimmick" matches I've seen. Even Bigshow was obviously unhappy about it.

Triple H had a cool entrance. It's really a big advantage when you're married to the boss' daughter, hehehe. Imagine, after losing the World Championship title to Batista, the next two episodes are supposed to feature Triple H's promos. Batista was only given a chance to do his championship promo during the third episode. I respect Triple H as a wrestler but RAW is really turning into "The Triple H Show".  :P

Offline coco_men182

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Apr 24, 2005 at 10:06 PM »
That was one of the lousiest "gimmick" matches I've seen. Even Bigshow was obviously unhappy about it.

Triple H had a cool entrance. It's really a big advantage when you're married to the boss' daughter, hehehe. Imagine, after losing the World Championship title to Batista, the next two episodes are supposed to feature Triple H's promos. Batista was only given a chance to do his championship promo during the third episode. I respect Triple H as a wrestler but RAW is really turning into "The Triple H Show".  :P

I watch TNA on Star World. It's getting quite interesting with the recent resurgence of Kevin Nash, Sean Waltman and DDP (whose "permanent" retirement "thank you" letter to his fans a couple years back I remember vividly). Anyway, a little heads up though, I don't read spoilers.

As for Wrestlemania 21, I think the best match of the night was the Kurt-Shawn match. I can't remember the last time Angle won a PPV match. After losing in a 3-on-1 against the Big Show at Armageddon, getting pinned at the Rumble by JBL, and jobbing to Cena at No Way Out, I thought that he really needed this break. Also, the 6-way ladder match delivered, although both my sentimental favorites, Jericho and Christian, got dogged again. The only disappointments for me were the Cena victory and the fact that only three titles were defended at this year's event.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Apr 25, 2005 at 04:59 AM »
Oh sorry about my post. I didn't think they'd be considered spoilers because there was never a reference to the storyline. I'll be more prudent next time.

yes, I agree that the angle-michaels and the money in the bank matches were the real highlights of WM21. Actually, Edge gave a reason as to why Shelton Benjamin did not defend his Intercontinental title at WM. He said that they needed Benjamin's athletic abilities to really spice up the ladder match because most of the guys in their are already have injuries so they can't make the kind of high-risk stunts they used to make. But then they didn't want Benjamin to lose his title because of it. I think management thought that a number one contendership is a bigger deal than winning the IC title for the match.

What can you say about Matt Hardy's release after the Edge-Lita scandal?
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2005 at 05:22 AM by indie boi »

Offline coco_men182

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Apr 25, 2005 at 10:24 AM »
I know those weren't spoilers, which is why I gave the heads up, just in case you slip. Thanks, man.

Anyway, now that you've mentioned it, putting Benjamin in was a good idea. The spot where he ran up the diagonally-placed ladder and hit the clothesline was amazing. Although I think that his trademark move where he somersaults over the ropes to the outside will end his career (here's hoping it won't); it's crazy. Like with Benoit, who was out for a couple of years because of neck surgery, yet keeps on doing that head-first dive to the outside.

But what about the other titles? Especially the tag titles. I think that the WWE should just stop teaming Tajiri and Mysterio with just about anyone on their respective brands, and have more tag teams like Haas and Benjamin from before. The only real tag teams I could think of right now are La Resistance and the Bashams, and they aren't even that good.

As for Matt, from what I heard, his being vocal about the situation was the reason for his release, which I think should have been handled a little more delicately by management. I mean, come on, one of their top superstars is upset because one of his better friends is sleeping with his girl. They should have cut him some slack. But if he is headed to TNA, then I wouldn't mind seeing a Hardy Boyz reunion. The superstars there have total disregard for their anatomy; I just wish that Star World would stop panning or cutting to the crowd during chair shots and the like.

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #40 on: Apr 25, 2005 at 11:10 AM »
i wish for a single championship in wwe. raw and smackdown seem like wcw and wwf w/ wwf roster. and wwf purchased wcw, right? so how come the world heavyweight championship (from wcw) headlines wrestlemania and not the wwe championship? having said that, if the world heavyweight championship of raw is the more prestigious of the two titles, how come smackdown superstars beat everyone from raw in ppv events? why is the 'top' price in wwe be contended by 'lesser' wrestlers?

also, i hope they stop putting mysterio against bigger foes. it's just not realistic when he wins. and i hope they give more breaks for carlito. like kurt, we can love to hate him. raw needs another HHH. if he retires, raw would be in jeopardy. batista's ok but he has to talk more, if not the title's going back to HHH (more potential storylines).

sorry if i have not been coherent w/ my post :) type lang kc ako ng type e :)

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Apr 25, 2005 at 02:22 PM »
Benjamin's hi-jinx stunts are really awesome, but frankly I'm worried about Paul London. That guy's stunts really gets me worried sometimes. I remember the hard bump he got when he was clothelined by Akio (I think) at the ring apron, his 180 flip to the ground had that sickening thud. I do hope no one really gets injured though -- especially the guys I love to watch.

I do agree that the  tag team division for both brands are really weak. Apparently, Vince McMahon does not believe in the Tag Team division -- seeing it only as a "gimmick" division. I hope they rectify the situation in the future. I'd love to see the emergence of really good tag teams. I've read that the Dudleys are going back in a few months' time so I'm looking forward to that.

Matt Hardy has been approached by TNA. Although he is open to the idea of working for them, he's not too hot about reforming The Hardy Boyz. He mentioned in articles that he really wants to focus on his solo career. But he said that he's open to touring a few dates with Jeff as the Hardy Boyz as long as it's a limited engagement. I do hope I can watch TNA. I've been hearing a lot of good things about that promotion.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Apr 25, 2005 at 02:28 PM »
I can't see how the WWE can have a unified title for both RAW and Smackdown because you're basically contending with two brands. I would welcome more inter-brand events though. I think they should add at least more opportunities aside from The Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania for the stars from the two rosters to interact.

Actually my problem with RAW is that Trips already talks too much. I wish they'd allow other guys to shine. Like Batista, for example. They've got a future star in their hands (he's pulling in the numbers not seen since The Rock and Austin were in active duty) but he's relegated to the sideline while Hunter gets a field day with the mic.

I'm looking forward to the draft lottery. Who do you guys  think will be traded?

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Apr 25, 2005 at 02:33 PM »
sorry for the confusion, what i meant by a single championship was no more raw and smackdown brands. wrestlers can be in raw or smackdown. parang yung dati. as for talking, parang hirap si batista dun. parang nde natural sa kanya.

Offline coco_men182

• Collector
  • Liked:
Cena and OJ are jokes.
« Reply #44 on: Apr 25, 2005 at 10:22 PM »
I think they should add at least more opportunities aside from The Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania for the stars from the two rosters to interact.

Agreed. Maybe at an event like the Survivor Series, they could squeeze in one or two inter-promotional classic Survivor Series matches (I refuse to consider 4-on-4 matches "classic." I say, bring back the 10-man events!).

so how come the world heavyweight championship (from wcw) headlines wrestlemania and not the wwe championship?

I think that the rule of thumb is that the winner of the Royal Rumble will actually headline Wrestlemania, making his title match at Wrestlemania the final match of the event. Two years ago, Brock challenged Kurt and went on to be in the last match of WM19. And last year, Benoit challenged Trips and was in the main main event. Although that doesn't explain why even at other inter-promotional PPVs, Raw still gets to headline. Maybe it's because Smackdown's storylines aren't just that interesting. John Cena as WWE champion? Orlando Jordan as US champion? I just don't see any progress with those two holding the two top titles for their brand. The only thing SD could be proud of is the cruiserweight division, and they didn't even have a cruiserweight match at 'Mania.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Apr 26, 2005 at 02:40 AM »
The cruiserweights' where it's at in terms of pure entertainment factor. Their roster of talents are really good. And with the inclusion of Frankie Kazarian, I'm pretty sure it will just spice up things some more.

What saddens me though is what they're doing to the women's division. I just don't understand why the WWE would release real wrestlers like Gail Kim, Nidia, Jazz, and now Molly Holly and replace them with eye candy. Right now, the only divas with real wrestling skills left in RAW are Trish Stratus, Lita and Victoria. I know they're developing Christy Hemme but it will take years before she acquires the skills. I thinking that the WWE is making a "time" investment to just get beautiful women and just training them to become wrestlers. But for the time being what have they got to show for it?

Oh, and I just have to let this out. I like Christy Hemme. But I'd like to find out what she really feels about her intro music. I wouldn't exactly feel sexy walking out to a song titled Walk Idiot Walk.  :P Could this be some inside joke?

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Cena and OJ are jokes.
« Reply #46 on: Apr 27, 2005 at 08:36 AM »

I think that the rule of thumb is that the winner of the Royal Rumble will actually headline Wrestlemania, making his title match at Wrestlemania the final match of the event. Two years ago, Brock challenged Kurt and went on to be in the last match of WM19. And last year, Benoit challenged Trips and was in the main main event.

The only thing SD could be proud of is the cruiserweight division, and they didn't even have a cruiserweight match at 'Mania.

agree. smackdown was the 'brand' when brock was in it. and brock became the hottest commodity after the rock and austin.

as far as roster goes, there are better/bigger stars from smackdown than raw.

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Apr 27, 2005 at 08:38 AM »
Oh, and I just have to let this out. I like Christy Hemme. But I'd like to find out what she really feels about her intro music. I wouldn't exactly feel sexy walking out to a song titled Walk Idiot Walk.  :P Could this be some inside joke?

maybe america likes em dumb and pretty ;)

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #48 on: Apr 27, 2005 at 10:55 AM »
can you please explain raw/smackdown to me like im an 8 yr old...

magka iba pa ba yun considering pareho silang wwe

...hay pasensiya na kasi last kong pagkaka alam si mcmahon announcer lang dati kasama si gorilla monsoon

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Apr 27, 2005 at 11:11 AM »
wwf used to air two shows raw (live) and smackdown (taped) both sharing the same roster. after the wcw invasion (wwf bought wcw and became wwe), raw and smackdown became two different brands w/ two different titles. raw has the world heavyweight championship (from wcw) and smackdown the wwe championship (from old wwf).

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Apr 27, 2005 at 04:36 PM »
And don't forget -- Smackdown and RAW have two different rosters of wrestlers.  :)

Offline coco_men182

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2005 at 03:27 AM »
I think Jack TV (formerly USA) will be airing new shows on the usual timeslots of Raw and Smackdown. Does anybody here know what the possible new schedule for WWE Programming is?

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2005 at 04:23 AM »
I'd love to know the schedule too if they're going to change it. I went to Solar's website but the Jack TV site is still not live.

Offline coco_men182

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2005 at 11:27 AM »
Not that I have much of a social life, but this isn't going to help in gaining myself one. All WWE shows have been moved to weekend nights.

Here's the link for the new Jack TV schedule: http://mygimmick.com/myg2//index.php?showtopic=21374

If the link won't work, here's the gist of it:

• Saturday: WWE Bottomline (7PM, 3PM replay), WWE Raw (8PM, 4PM replay)
• Sunday: WWE Afterburn (7PM, 3PM replay), WWE Smackdown! (8PM, 4PM replay)

This would make WWE programming here delayed by a few more days; instead of just 3 weeks and change, we're nearing a full month's delay. I say, let's gather a big, unruly mob and overthrow whoever thought of this scheduling change. Or we could just email and beg them to bring back the regular sked.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2005 at 07:04 PM »
I actually saw the the RAW replay this afternoon.

I'm confused though about the replay sked for the weekend.  ???

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2005 at 08:31 AM »
I actually saw the the RAW replay this afternoon.

I'm confused though about the replay sked for the weekend.  ???

at 4pm, you get to watch the last week's episode.

Offline garee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • "your look, sounds familiar"
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2005 at 08:52 AM »
i hope the new champions, Batista and John Cena hold on to their title longer than Randy Orton did.

John Cena is really a hot commodity, modifying the WWE champinoship belt like the US championship.
he is really cool, (not carlito) with all the Chain Gang.... The Champ is Here!!!

as for Batista, the Animal really deserves a break, i like his finishing moves, the spinebuster then Batista Bomb.

Offline Great Buys

• Collector
  • Great Buys Hunter!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2005 at 09:08 AM »
For details about the programming changes in Solar USA, click here:

http://mygimmick.com/myg2//index.php?showtopic=21374

My Gawd!! Who the hell is this SIB guy to change the programming sked of WWE shows? We should all beat the hell out of that Beatle wannabe for this. WWE Raw is now shown at 4pm Wednesdays, while Smackdown is at 4pm Fridays. Doesn't he know that most guys are still at work or school that time? This Sib is really one hell of a couch potato to come up wth this sked.

DIE Sib DIE!!  >:D  >:D  >:D

I say, let's gather a big, unruly mob and overthrow whoever thought of this scheduling change. Or we could just email and beg them to bring back the regular sked.

I totally agree with you coco_men182, SOLAR USA made a very bad decision in letting Sib take control of their programming sked.

>:D  >:D  >:D
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005 at 09:09 AM by Great Buys »

Offline jerq

• Collector
  • Waz up?
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2005 at 01:42 PM »
that sucks!!! usually i got home at around 730.  " I'm not Entertained ".

i cant miss the divas...  :(

Offline coco_men182

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2005 at 04:15 PM »
I totally agree with you coco_men182, SOLAR USA made a very bad decision in letting Sib take control of their programming sked.

Cancel the big unruly mob plan, I sold out! I applied for the opening at Solar's marketing department. If I get the job, which I really hope I do, I'll see to it that the something is to be done regarding this scheduling problem.

John Cena is really a hot commodity, modifying the WWE champinoship belt like the US championship. he is really cool, (not carlito) with all the Chain Gang.... The Champ is Here!!

Cena may be "hot" right now, but being a traditionalist wrestling enthusiast, I'm really not too keen on wrestlers who get to ride too much on their gimmicks (read: stereotypes) and eventually win championships. I wasn't happy with the Smoking Skull belt during the Austin era, and I certainly am not pleased with Cena's belt. I'm sorry, just my opinion, nothing personal, man.