Author Topic: The DAVID LETTERMAN Thread  (Read 29850 times)

Offline a616

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The DAVID LETTERMAN Thread
« Reply #210 on: Sep 13, 2007 at 06:36 PM »
I find Paul Schaffer obnoxious and intrusive. If only he would refrain from making side remarks thorughout the show, the show would be so much better.

Offline JdelaCruz

• Collector
  • Bayan ni Juan
  • Liked:
« Reply #211 on: Jan 03, 2008 at 02:48 PM »
Letterman is back with writers and full beard.

The Late Show is now on ETC which is now on SBN21 Free TV which is Ch.16 on SkyCable. 11pm weekdays. Been watching since Tuesday and it's still synced with the US schedule.

Big casualty is Jon Stewart which is nowhere in the lineup. Any chance Solar will come to its senses anytime soon?

Offline JdelaCruz

• Collector
  • Bayan ni Juan
  • Liked:
« Reply #212 on: Feb 13, 2009 at 10:41 PM »
Dave's been in the news a lot lately.

Last week, Blagojevich came over and Dave quickly made minced meat out of him (serves him right actually).

Then the crew of Flight 1549 that ended up in the Hudson had some laughs with Dave and were given their well-deserved star wattage.

Then just last night, Joaquin Phoenix joined a distinguished list of WTF?! guests (Crispin Glover, Farrah Fawcett) with his own brand of I-desperately-need-help guest appearance.

My favorite Dave news of the past few days came out today:  U2 will be Letterman's house band for one whole week March 2 to 6.

Dave's way of saying "Sayonara Jay!"?

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 512
« Reply #213 on: Feb 13, 2009 at 11:01 PM »
Some people think Joaquin Phoenix's weirdness is just an act.

For his sake, I sure hope so.

Offline halvert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 470
« Reply #214 on: Oct 06, 2009 at 03:27 PM »
Letterman issued a public apology to his wife, admitted that he had an affair with one of his show's staff. Saw the Today show this morning and they're saying it was Stephanie, who I think started as a phone operator, who once had a bit on the show where Dave calls her to make small talk on air. Right now I feel dirty. Akala ko parang father-daughter lang ang relationship nila. Eeewww!

Some people are saying Dave did a good thing admitting he did wrong before a CBS news producer could expose/blackmail him. But I don't know...parang hypocrite sya. he picked on Clinton and that Governor Sanford for their infidelities pero sya rin pala... Kawawa rin si Stephanie kasi people will question every promotion and break she got.

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #215 on: Oct 06, 2009 at 07:08 PM »
Not really. He's a talk show host. Not a government official. Also, he wasn't married to his live-in girlfriend-now-wife when the affairs happened. Plus it was completely consensual. Was what he did wrong? Yes. Is it any of our business? No.

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 217
« Reply #216 on: Oct 06, 2009 at 07:26 PM »

Some people are saying Dave did a good thing admitting he did wrong before a CBS news producer could expose/blackmail him. But I don't know...parang hypocrite sya. he picked on Clinton and that Governor Sanford for their infidelities pero sya rin pala... Kawawa rin si Stephanie kasi people will question every promotion and break she got.

To Letterman's credit, his staff is incredibly loyal and I've never heard a report of any disgruntled employees over at Worldwide Pants.

I always thought Stephanie was a hottie. She likes them old pala  ;D

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #217 on: Oct 06, 2009 at 08:08 PM »
Not really. He's a talk show host. Not a government official. Also, he wasn't married to his live-in girlfriend-now-wife when the affairs happened. Plus it was completely consensual. Was what he did wrong? Yes. Is it any of our business? No.

yeah its none of our business..
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #218 on: Oct 06, 2009 at 10:03 PM »
To Letterman's credit, his staff is incredibly loyal and I've never heard a report of any disgruntled employees over at Worldwide Pants.

I always thought Stephanie was a hottie. She likes them old pala  ;D

I always thought Stephanie was cute (and funny - "Do you get to see or touch any monkeys?"). Wouldn't have guessed she'd be having sex with Letterman. I do know she has expressed fondness for him but I always thought it was more fatherly. Oh, well. LOL.

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #219 on: Apr 04, 2014 at 06:18 PM »
David Letterman is officially retiring on 2015.

No unexpected. He's gonna be missed.

I may not have been a guest but I don't know if I mentioned it here but David Letterman did mention my name on the air since I wrote a letter for his CBS Mailbag comedy bit way back in 1999. :)

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #220 on: Apr 11, 2014 at 12:25 AM »

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked: