Author Topic: Friends: The One With All 10 Seasons Boxed Set - Available Now!  (Read 16666 times)

Offline Chet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Friends Region 3 Releases and Re-Releases
« Reply #30 on: Aug 28, 2004 at 02:14 PM »
Still no official news here?  Am I correct in guessing that no one else will go near these R3 sets anymore?

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #31 on: Aug 28, 2004 at 09:17 PM »
Took a while to get feedback but Widescreen's right. The re-release sets do not mirror the R1 versions even if they use similar packaging. Bit of confusion in Warner as to why there's an error in the Season 2 label that misrepresents the features.
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #32 on: Aug 29, 2004 at 01:06 AM »
My question is: the listed special features are wrong/incomplete, but do the discs actually at least contain the extended versions of the episodes, or are they still the same broadcast versions present in the old boxed sets?
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline Koolkat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Kawaiii!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 152
« Reply #33 on: Aug 29, 2004 at 01:13 AM »
theres actually no indication. but i know those episodes like the back of my hand since i recorded it back then sa betamax pero there is no indication of any additional scenes. On season 2, the box indicated a complete version of the smelly cat video pero wala naman. Very frustrating!!!
SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Aug 29, 2004 at 01:30 AM »
Hi, Koolkat. Sorry to hear about that.  :(

The easiest way to check for sure, though, since you bought Season Two:

In "The One Where Ross Finds Out," is there a scene where Ross & Julie are actually at the animal shelter trying to pick out a cat?

Kung wala yun, Warner should really repackage these again, since the "Now With Footage You've Never Seen" label on the box is a very misleading lie.  >:(

Offline Koolkat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Kawaiii!
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Aug 29, 2004 at 02:02 AM »
Hey thanks for the reply. pero wala yung scene na iyon. so my question is, do you think spectra will still accept the return because i bought the set like a week and a half ago? im assuming they wont give me my money back and they will just try to replace it with other dvd of my choice w/c isnt really my choice in the first place becasue i really wanted the friends boxd set. kinda like what hapnd to me when i purchsed the back to the future r3 set ( you know, the one with the misframing issue? ). I had to talk and argue with the manager and convince them to give my money back but in the end wala rin . do you think that if I talk to warner management they will persuade spectra to return my money?
SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Aug 29, 2004 at 02:22 AM »
I'll have to turn you over to boss firewired for that one, sorry. I really don't know.

In similar situations, Astro has been very accomodating of me - I've exchanged maybe 2-3 DVDs already for different titles altogether due to misleading notes on the packaging. Maybe with Warner's help, Spectra will also be as accomodating with you.

Offline Atticus

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Collector
  • In the end, only kindness matters.
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Aug 29, 2004 at 09:18 PM »
On season 2, the box indicated a complete version of the smelly cat video pero wala naman. Very frustrating!!!

I haven't bought the R3 version but in R1, after you answered all of the trivia questions, you will get to see the complete version of the smelly cat video.

Offline Koolkat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Kawaiii!
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Aug 29, 2004 at 09:28 PM »
Yeah, I guess that's one of the problems coz there aren't any trivia questions at all. Just the stupid music video.
SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!

Offline Chet

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Aug 29, 2004 at 11:51 PM »
So the only boxed sets that are identical to the R1's are for 4th season onwards?

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Aug 30, 2004 at 12:19 AM »
So the only boxed sets that are identical to the R1's are for 4th season onwards?

Yes.

Offline cherubrock

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • use soap
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Sep 13, 2004 at 12:06 AM »
I'm kind of confused here. The original R3 releases weren't identical to the R1s because they didn't have the extended scenes? And the re-release still doesn't have them even if it says so in the packaging? I have Seasons 1-9 kasi on vcd and I want to replace all of them with their dvd counterparts. Should I just go R1 all the way?

???

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Sep 13, 2004 at 03:55 AM »
You can buy R3 versions of Seasons 4-6 (so far) and these are identical to their R1 counterparts as far as special features are concerned.

That's apparently NOT the case for the R3 rereleases of Seasons 1 and 2. From the reports on this thread, they are just the same as the initial releases, with the broadcast versions of the episodes and just the Rembrandts music video as a sole special feature.

I haven't seen a Season 3 rerelease yet.
« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2005 at 06:53 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline Chet

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Sep 13, 2004 at 02:42 PM »
Saw the Season 7 boxed set kahapon sa Astro.  Are you sure its identical sa R1 also?  It's three keepcases in a cardboard box tapos parang ang konti ng extras.

Offline cherubrock

• DVD Addict
  • use soap
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Sep 14, 2004 at 12:16 AM »
Thanks for the info Mr. Hankey, I guess it's R1 for Seasons 1-3 for me then!  ;)

What about Season 8? Any news on when Warner plans to release that here? Per Amazon, R1 comes out November 4.  :)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Sep 19, 2004 at 09:07 PM »
Not that it affects the content of the discs, but I just tried to add the R3 Friends Season 7 to my collection list at DVD Profiler, and when I entered the UPC (under the bar code), to my surprise, it was the same UPC as that of the R3 (and R1) Season 5 release.

Warner really shouldn't be making up/duplicating UPC's on their releases. It makes the titles seem like pirated material.

Offline cherubrock

• DVD Addict
  • use soap
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Oct 13, 2004 at 07:33 PM »
I'm just curious.. do the Friends R3s play on strictly R1 players? When I viewed my Friends R1 Season 1 on a locally-bought region free player, it displayed warnings for R3, but displayed no FBI warnings in a strictly R1 player.. Don't have a dvd-rom so I can't verify if indeed it's both R1 and R3 encoded. Which would be weird because the R3s don't mirror the R1s..   ;)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Jan 05, 2005 at 02:49 PM »

Season 8 in stores now, Php 1700.

Discs/Episodes lengths/special features already checked, Identical to R1.
« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2005 at 10:55 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #48 on: Jan 05, 2005 at 07:50 PM »
patay! i just bought the R3 Season 1 yesterday for my wife... read this thread too late... nasira na ulo ko looking for the so called extended/deleted scenes since the packaging stated that it had them... Warner should make sure their decriptions are accurate... nakakaloko sila eh... Should have bought R1 then...  >:(

Offline cherubrock

• DVD Addict
  • use soap
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Jan 10, 2005 at 02:51 AM »
patay! i just bought the R3 Season 1 yesterday for my wife... read this thread too late... nasira na ulo ko looking for the so called extended/deleted scenes since the packaging stated that it had them... Warner should make sure their decriptions are accurate... nakakaloko sila eh... Should have bought R1 then... >:(

I myself went for the R1 for Seasons 1-3.. Apart from the discrepancies between the packaging and the actual content, I also have issues with Warner releasing them in bundled Amarays instead of the nicer (IMO) digipack hubs of the R1s.  ;)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Apr 14, 2005 at 06:52 PM »
With the new R3 Season 9 boxed set out in local stores already, here's a summary of which sets are different from their R1 counterparts:

Season 1: Broadcast Episodes only, different (simple) special features, Amaray-type packaging

Season 2: Broadcast Episodes only, different (simple) special features, Amaray-type packaging

Season 3: Broadcast Episodes only, different (simple) special features, Amaray-type packaging

Season 4: Extended Episodes, special features the same as R1, Digipack

Season 5: Extended Episodes, special features the same as R1, Digipack

Season 6: Extended Episodes, special features the same as R1, Amaray-type packaging

Season 7: Broadcast Episodes Only, special features similar to R1 but missing commentaries and trivia game , Amaray-type packaging

Season 8: Extended Episodes, special features the same as R1, Amaray-type packaging

Season 9: Extended Episodes, special features the same as R1 but missing the trivia game, Amaray-type packaging

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Nov 23, 2005 at 10:38 PM »
Season 10: Extended Episodes, special features the same as R1, Amaray-type packaging

To complete the list in the previous post, I'm confirming that the episodes/special features of the R3 release of Season 10 are identical to those of the R1, based on listed features at Amazon. I didn't check for DVD-Rom features, though.

Friends: The Complete Tenth Season was released on R3 today. SRP: Php 1350. :)
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2005 at 10:39 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: Friends Seasons 1-10: R3 Releases and Re-Releases
« Reply #52 on: Nov 26, 2005 at 07:31 AM »
If you haven't been collecting Friends, Warner gave me some good news yesterday. Apparently, the powers-that-be have decided to release Friends: The One With All Ten Seasons Collector's Box here in Asia. The packaging will be different from the Region 1 version but the set will still come in a hefty box that should look impressive on most shelves. No word on pricing or availability yet but this will probably be released in the first quarter of 2006.
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline X-®an™

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Nov 26, 2005 at 12:44 PM »
If you haven't been collecting Friends, Warner gave me some good news yesterday. Apparently, the powers-that-be have decided to release Friends: The One With All Ten Seasons Collector's Box here in Asia. The packaging will be different from the Region 1 version but the set will still come in a hefty box that should look impressive on most shelves. No word on pricing or availability yet but this will probably be released in the first quarter of 2006.

Thanks for the heads up, firewired!

Buti na lang di pa ako bumili ng kahit anong season.  Was about to buy Seasons 1-3 kagabi.  Good thing I changed my mind.  I do hope na same pricing as Season 1-3 or lower.

Offline boybi

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Nov 26, 2005 at 07:33 PM »
was gonna buy the complete 10 seasons this christmas, buti nalang nakita ko post ni firewired. will just wait for the box set.

Offline Pasoot

• Collector
  • d dif'rnce bet. success and failure is 1 more try
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Nov 30, 2005 at 12:01 PM »

whew! i was about to buy this dapat, buti na lang anjan ka sir firewired..kaso magkano kaya papatak to????

Offline JanMike

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Nov 30, 2005 at 12:24 PM »

Thanks for the advanced info. Was bent on buying the complete season sa Amazon this December kapag dumating yung bonus. I'll just wait sa release next year!  ;D

Offline wrAth

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Simple lang, pero rock.
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Nov 30, 2005 at 01:19 PM »
just making sure...

all the re-released Friends come in the cheap amaray cases with slipcase, and not digi-pack right?
Quo vadis?

Offline Chet

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Dec 11, 2005 at 01:42 PM »
Will the discs in this set finally have all the extras found on the R1's or are they just a repackaging of the existing R3's?

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Dec 12, 2005 at 03:44 PM »
for a good price, i will get this new set. my R1 order is still on hold anticipating news of R3 Release. :)
« Last Edit: Dec 12, 2005 at 07:25 PM by hemisphere »